PDA

View Full Version : Livenation is the Lamest company Ever

Ardentbiscuit
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
So last night I went to the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater to see NIN/Jane's Addiction.

When I went to the door the lady checked my id and she informed me that if the name on my ticket doesn't match the name on my id then I can't get in. She said re selling tickets is not allowed by Livenation policies. Luckily they were my tickets.

I understand that they don't want people to re sell tickets but this is really unfair. What if you can't go to a show because someone died? Or some other emergency happened? Since there are no refunds, they just expect you to lose the money. You can't give the tickets away because the people going in your place won't match your name.

Additionally, you can't give tickets as a gift because the name won't match the name of the ticket purchaser.

I have to say if Ticketmaster and Livenation do fully merge this will be the end of live music in general.

I've sent a message to Livenation customer service to clarify this policy.

seandlr
05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I can't stand either live nation or ticketmaster... Is it just me, or live nations ticket fees are more expensive than ticketmasters?

paganman7
05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
That's ass.

JustSteve
05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
is there anywhere on the ticket page where it says tickets are non-transferable? i doubt it. i doubt that lady knew what the fuck she was talking about. what if you buy 4 tickets? each one will have your name on it, not the names of the other 3. no way to enforce this at all.

Wheres the beef?
05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I understand that they don't want people to re sell tickets but this is really unfair. What if you can't go to a show because someone died? Or some other emergency happened? Since there are no refunds, they just expect you to lose the money. You can't give the tickets away because the people going in your place won't match your name.

If your friend/person who bought the tickets died. Would you really still be going to the concert?

beavington
05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I can't stand either live nation or ticketmaster... Is it just me, or live nations ticket fees are more expensive than ticketmasters?

it looks as if their fees were slightly lower. But still fucking ridiculous.

beavington
05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
If your friend/person who bought the tickets died. Would you really still be going to the concert?

probably depends on when the tickets were bought. I think if you bought the tickets now and the show is in november, you might be ready for some live music.

Ardentbiscuit
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Let me clarify that. What if you had a family emergency (family member died, friend died, etc.) And you were either too upset to go or you had to attend the funeral then you wouldn't be able to give the tickets away because the people you gave them to wouldn't have their name on the ticket.

Let me clarify what the lady said, she said that at least one person in the party of ticket holders had to be the person who's name was on the tickets. They put the ticket buyer's name on all the tickets in the order.

Additionally it says something on the tickets like, "Void if resold". That's what the lady at the door pointed out to me.

JustSteve
05-21-2009, 11:13 AM
i'm not buying it. what if all 4 people can't show up together? the original buyer has to sit and wait for all his friends to show up to go in? no way.

eudaemonia
05-21-2009, 11:27 AM
I've used Live Nation tix twice this past week (Doves @ Wiltern & Decemberists @ Palladium) and none of them looked at the name on the ticket to match up w/ my ID. I think the Verizon Amp staff was horribly misinformed. :nono

karecares
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
'void if resold' to me = there needs to be proof of it having been resold & i always go to concerts with that kind of info on hand. this is unreasonable

how was nin/ja

SFChrissy
05-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I was having a conversation with an old san francisco native a few months ago. In his office he had a picture of him with billgrahm under the warfield marque with jimi hendrix playing that night. He started talking about their friendship and what a great guy Bill Graham was which complelled me to ask him "what do you think his reaction would be with the live nation ticketmaster legacy?" His answer was "are you kidding me Bill is turning in his grave, the whole thing is a fuck'n mess!" From there we continued our official business conversation...commercial plumbing material.

boarderwoozel3
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
i'm not buying it. what if all 4 people can't show up together? the original buyer has to sit and wait for all his friends to show up to go in? no way.

Agreed. I think the thread starter crossed paths with an especially moronic staff member. Otherwise it restricts the the customer's ability to by more than one ticket and you can be damn sure Livenation doesn't want that.

heyeric
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
is there anywhere on the ticket page where it says tickets are non-transferable? i doubt it. i doubt that lady knew what the fuck she was talking about. what if you buy 4 tickets? each one will have your name on it, not the names of the other 3. no way to enforce this at all.

i had that exact situation happen to me and a couple friends because we all arrived seperatly. we got down and nasty with the security and box office! it took us forever to get in, but we all eventually did and we were given free tickets to a show of our choice at the venue after we filed a complaint.

Sexecutioner
05-21-2009, 11:49 AM
im pretty sure that this was not a livenation thing. ticketmaster tickets dont have names on them. i think only the band pre-sales had their names printed on them? and the presale sites made it crystal clear that this was the case before buying them, so people really cant complain. and i think its a good idea, since it cuts down on scalping (or does in theory. when ticket checkers dont actually check to see if they match, then its all for nothing).

Ardentbiscuit
05-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I had 2 of the giant livenation tickets that I bought online and they both had my name on it.

Honestly, those tickets are overly goofty looking to me.

And the lady showed me where it said, "Void if Resold".

Probably the Verizon staff is just misinformed. They ran the will call line like crap. It was unorganized and slow.

The show was awesome! Had a great time.

That place is like a money suck. I mean they over stuff the lawn. They have that little over priced vendor village. They might as well call it "Give Us Your Money Ampitheater".

And it's lame that they have a curfew of 11 PM. NIN going on 7:45 and Jane's going on at 9:30 PM. I had to really hustle my ass to get there and there was so much traffic.

And then the Will Call line being such a mess just added to my frustration.

And then that lady mentioned this crappy policy.

Okay, I'll stop ranting.

But the awesomeness of the show erased my headache.

Boourns
05-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Less. $8 for a $16 Metric ticket, $9 for a $22.50 Animal Collective ticket. But my $12 Asobi Seksu ticket via ticketmaster had an additonal $11.50 in fees.

luckyface
05-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Less. $8 for a $16 Metric ticket, $9 for a $22.50 Animal Collective ticket. But my $12 Asobi Seksu ticket via ticketmaster had an additonal $11.50 in fees.

It depends on the show and venue. I have paid more in LN fees at times, less other times.

beavington
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Additionally it says something on the tickets like, "Void if resold". That's what the lady at the door pointed out to me.

I thought it was legal to resale tickets in california as long as you dont really make a profit.

346. Any person who, without the written permission of the owner or
operator of the property on which an entertainment event is to be
held or is being held, sells a ticket of admission to the
entertainment event, which was obtained for the purpose of resale, at
any price which is in excess of the price that is printed or
endorsed upon the ticket, while on the grounds of or in the stadium,
arena, theater, or other place where an event for which admission
tickets are sold is to be held or is being held, is guilty of a
misdemeanor.

Thats the extent of reselling tickets in California's Penal Code.
and this website says California explicitly allows: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0761.htm

Am I missing something?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought it was legal to resale tickets in california as long as you dont really make a profit.

Thats the extent of reselling tickets in California's Penal Code.
and this website says California explicitly allows: http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0761.htm

Am I missing something?

you're not missing anything, but a company's policies are allowed to be stricter than the law if they want...especially in the case of a company like LiveNation that owns venues and prmotes shows in virtually every state in the country, wherein the laws could be varied and all over the place

psychic friend
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
when I went to the halloween scary thing at Universal Studios, they said the ID had to match the names on the tickets. My friend bought the tickets for our group and there was space to type in the names of the people coming with you so I had a ticket with my name on it, but I thought that was weird.

Ardentbiscuit
05-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Livenation wrote me back, they are blaming the artists for this policy at certain shows.

In regards to the checking of identification certain artist's request the policy of checking identification in order to limit the amount of scalping. We apologize that you feel that this inconvenient, but this is done in order to discourage the scalping of tickets. If you would like to purchase tickets for friends or family members I would suggest putting their name in the delivery information tab so that the tickets would have their name on them. Please be aware though that not all artist's require the venue to check identification, this is per the artist's request.

bug on your lip
05-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Livenation is so laid back & cool... it's too bad Reznor has to be such a hardass

captncrzy
05-27-2009, 08:15 AM
LiveNation > Exxon

roberto73
05-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Livenation wrote me back, they are blaming the artists for this policy at certain shows.

In regards to the checking of identification certain artist's request the policy of checking identification in order to limit the amount of scalping. We apologize that you feel that this inconvenient, but this is done in order to discourage the scalping of tickets. If you would like to purchase tickets for friends or family members I would suggest putting their name in the delivery information tab so that the tickets would have their name on them. Please be aware though that not all artist's require the venue to check identification, this is per the artist's request.

Please tell me you hastily typed this and didn't just copy and paste it from Livenation's original message. Because if this is the original Livenation text, they should use those service fees to hire some proofreaders.

menikmati
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Please tell me you hastily typed this and didn't just copy and paste it from Livenation's original message. Because if this is the original Livenation text, they should use those service fees to hire some proofreaders.

I thought the same thing.

betao
05-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Isn't this more of a Trent Reznor doing? I thought he did this strict behavior to combat scalpers.

tessalasset
05-27-2009, 10:33 AM
That place is like a money suck. I mean they over stuff the lawn. They have that little over priced vendor village. They might as well call it "Give Us Your Money Ampitheater".

kind of like how they added in the $6 parking fee in the weenie roast tickets. which is cool in theory, so there's no line to get into the parking lot. but not so cool when you carpool with three other people, so your car ends up paying $24 for parking. and then passing an LED sign on the way in that says "FREE EVENT PARKING" and makes people who didn't notice the automatic parking fee at purchase time think that livenation is so cool for not charging for parking. if anything that makes me want to NOT carpool, everyone going in his own car.

bug on your lip
05-27-2009, 10:36 AM
those. sneaky. limey. bastards

shermanoaksyo
05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
While the sound at Verizon was terrible & LiveNation sucks in general, I did appreciate the $22 for a full bottle of wine drink option.

paganman7
05-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Buying or selling a concert ticket within 10% (+ or -) of face value is not scalping.

Fuck's sake, man.

bug on your lip
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
yeah you pretty much need to remove 100% off the top of the head

Ardentbiscuit
05-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I cut and paste the portion of the letter from Livenation.

suprefan
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM
So last night I went to the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater to see NIN/Jane's Addiction.

When I went to the door the lady checked my id and she informed me that if the name on my ticket doesn't match the name on my id then I can't get in. She said re selling tickets is not allowed by Livenation policies. Luckily they were my tickets.

Additionally, you can't give tickets as a gift because the name won't match the name of the ticket purchaser.

I have to say if Ticketmaster and Livenation do fully merge this will be the end of live music in general.

I've sent a message to Livenation customer service to clarify this policy.

Ill go with the reason she checked your ID ws because they were informed to do so only for the NIN pre sale tickets or the Janes one, but she probably was never given the specifics saying it only applied to those and kept checking people who had regular tickets at the gate and thought this was wrong, which it actually isnt. In Santa Barbara and Mountain View they checked to see if my name matched the one on my ticket and ID, but that was only a measure taken for pre sale ticket holders not LN tickets. It is a bit of b.s. cause they dont have the right to do so unless there was clear signage specifying this at the venue and also in the event listing. but of course in the case of pre sale ticket holders they do say this in your emails and when you purchase, still though, total b.s.

kind of like how they added in the $6 parking fee in the weenie roast tickets. which is cool in theory, so there's no line to get into the parking lot. but not so cool when you carpool with three other people, so your car ends up paying $24 for parking. and then passing an LED sign on the way in that says "FREE EVENT PARKING" and makes people who didn't notice the automatic parking fee at purchase time think that livenation is so cool for not charging for parking. if anything that makes me want to NOT carpool, everyone going in his own car.

Tacking on $6 for 15,000 tickets was the smartest thing since not charging people $10 a car since maybe like 10,000 cars will park in the lot and doing it the old way didnt give them more at the bottom line than how they do it now. Ln knows how to think outside the box.

shakermaker113
05-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Tacking on $6 for 15,000 tickets was the smartest thing since not charging people $10 a car since maybe like 10,000 cars will park in the lot and doing it the old way didnt give them more at the bottom line than how they do it now. Ln knows how to think outside the box.

check your numbers dude.

they also charge $6+ a ticket for every ticket at every venue that never had parking. so your theory blows. it's not thinking outside of the box. it's raping your customers.