PDA

View Full Version : Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles cancelled :(

HunterGather
05-19-2009, 11:41 PM
NOOOOO

It's official. Fox cancelled the show, or isn't renewing another season. Whatever. Was a pretty sweet show.

They sort of wrapped things up in the season finale, but then totally left it open for something else.

I hope they resolve it in some form, whether its some TV-movie or another network picks it up.

Also, that new animated show SIT DOWN SHUT UP is gone too.

But they are keeping Dollhouse...

I dunno if this was worth its own thread, but eh.

Edit: actually, no. They didn't really resolve anything. They completely left you with more questions and a more complicated plot twist. Damn you, Fox!

Stainofmind
05-20-2009, 04:03 AM
you're not the only one that is bummed about it.

fatbastard
05-20-2009, 05:39 AM
So she won't be back?

canexplain
05-20-2009, 05:48 AM
yea i really liked that program ... esp the robot girl ... cr****

Blinken
05-20-2009, 06:06 AM
I stopped following during the second season, it was better than I expected. I will probably pick up the season 2 DVDs when they come out.

My Name is Earl got canned too.

marooko
05-20-2009, 07:13 AM
2nd season. WTF?! hahaha.

MissingPerson
05-20-2009, 07:48 AM
I think it's a shame because I could watch Summer Glau taste various soups and find it enthralling, and it was definitely getting stronger as it found it's feet, but I'm not entirely surprised beyond the poor timing of it. Would have thought it would be a good time to cash in on Salvation?

chairmenmeow47
05-20-2009, 07:54 AM
the fact that this says cancelled and not terminated in the title makes me sad.

i so wish i could go to the midnight showing of T4. that's all i have to contribute; i couldn't get into the pilot of this show.

Alchemy
05-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Terminator looked silly. Nobody watched it because they were probably all thinking, "Really? Terminator on TV?" It's kind of a hard sell after T3.

I'm surprised My Name is Earl got canned though. It seemed like that show was rolling strong.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I AM SO HAPPY THAT THE DOLLHOUSE GOT RENEWED!!! That show is all kinds of awesome. I watched that last 10 minutes or so of the Terminator series finale, and it looked damn good, so I'm a bit sad about that since I thought I might start watching it. Oh well. I only watched that bit because it was on before The Dollhouse.

MissingPerson
05-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm a huge Whedon fan, but I haven't seen it yet, and I'm not in a terrible hurry to. The idea doesn't catch my attention at all, and to be honest, as much honest-to-nerdy-God fangirl affection as I have for Eliza Dushku, I have a hard time picturing her as having the kind of range to fit the premise.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Um, MP, you need to watch it from beginning to end ASAP. It really gets good as time goes on, and Eliza's acting is getting better in this show.

menikmati
05-20-2009, 09:11 AM
All Terminators should have stopped after T2.

JebusLives
05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I watched the show a few times in the first season and thought it was cheap. As in low-budget. I was briefly excited when they added the future Mrs. Jebus (Shirley Manson) to the cast, but she's such a bad actress I don't even know if we're in love anymore.

Hope the new movie is good, even though the story should have ended with James Cameron's involvement.

menikmati
05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
T3 blew, and I have no interest in T4.

MissingPerson
05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Um, MP, you need to watch it from beginning to end ASAP. It really gets good as time goes on, and Eliza's acting is getting better in this show.

I still don't know if I've forgiven her for picking Tru Calling over Faith, to be honest, so she better be bloody awesome.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Shirley Manson is just awful in it from what I've seen, and she hasn't aged well sadly.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I still don't know if I've forgiven her for picking Tru Calling over Faith, to be honest, so she better be bloody awesome.The Dollhouse seems to be more of an ensemble type show with Eliza as the centerpiece, so there are a lot of other good actors in there to keep things interesting since they all have their backstories. There a couple other actors in it from Whedon's previous shows too....
Just watch the first 5 or 6 episodes and then make a judgment.

vogina
05-20-2009, 09:18 AM
THANK GOD

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Good, that show was fucking awful. So was T3. How can that even be debated?

wmgaretjax
05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
who cares... dollhouse is all that mattered from their set of possible cancellations.

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-20-2009, 10:03 AM
the fact that this says cancelled and not terminated in the title makes me sad.

Super lulz.

mountmccabe
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I think it's a shame because I could watch Summer Glau taste various soups and find it enthralling, and it was definitely getting stronger as it found it's feet, but I'm not entirely surprised beyond the poor timing of it. Would have thought it would be a good time to cash in on Salvation?

The main reason SCC got a second season was they figured it'd be an easy way to promote the new movie, to keep Terminator in the conversation. But the time the show would've started airing again T:S would be out of the theaters and all they'd have to cross-promote would be the DVD, etc releases. And I can't figure they'd win new fans with T:S.

It didn't get that good of ratings and was an expensive show and wasn't produced by Fox so it's gone.

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Better this than Fringe.

mountmccabe
05-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Dollhouse has its issues but he has a lot going on in that show. It is the only network TV show I kept up with this past season. I am very happy that it'll be around for at least another one.

wmgaretjax
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Dollhouse has its issues but he has a lot going on in that show. It is the only network TV show I kept up with this past season. I am very happy that it'll be around for at least another one.

Yeah, the last couple issues were Whedon in top form too. Bodes well for next season.

real talk
05-20-2009, 10:19 AM
That new Terminator movie looks like total garbage from the preview.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm giving up on Fringe, BlackSwan. The acting AND the storylines just get worse every episode.

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
That new Terminator movie looks like total garbage from the preview.

Do you want me to fucking trash your lights?!?!

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm giving up on Fringe, BlackSwan. The acting AND the storylines just get worse every episode.

Come on, now Peter is really from a parallel relality. It's a fun show.

If it gets cancelled after the next season, I'm going to blame it on you "giving up" on it.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Come on, now Peter is really from a parallel relality. It's a fun show.
That was the only good thing to come out of the last episode, but the black boss guy and Olivia are getting on my nerves (and I used to like Olivia). Why are they so one-dimensionally serious all the time? Oh hell, I'll probably keep watching it. :/

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
But I agree, their exchanges have been getting weird, especially in the last episode. I'm just glad they didn't take the Peter/Olivia's sister romance thing any further. That would have been really annoying.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Wait, that tombstone was in an alternate reality?

wmgaretjax
05-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Wait, that tombstone was in an alternate reality?

that was the implication. for bad storylines, you sure aren't following very well.

although, i think the case could be made for peter being from an alternate reality... could go either way. regardless, the peter we know is not the son of the walter we know.

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Wait, I didn't think the tombstone was in a parallel reality. I assumed Peter died in 1985, and Walter brought him back to the reality the show takes place in from a parallel reality at some point between 1985 and the present.

Was it clear what coin he put on top of the tombstone? If it was the one the Observer gave him then it would imply the tombstone was in an alternate reality.

Bottom line, the show is confusing and I like it.

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Wait, I didn't think the tombstone was in a parallel reality. I assumed Peter died in 1985, and Walter brought him back to the reality the show takes place in at some point between 1985 and the present.
Was it clear what coin he put on top of the tombstone? If it was the one the bald man gave him then it would imply the tombstone was in an alternate reality.

That was how I took it. I know I would be able to follow it better if I just watched it with Jacob when the kids aren't around (the kids distract me and so does our non-HD TV with the squiggly lines).

It's sad that no one is bothering to talk about the title show in this thread. perhaps that is why it was cancelled--not worth discussing.

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Fringe is much more interesting.

sbessiso
05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
My Name is Earl got canned too.

I fucking know. :nono that show was way underrated

Principal Onyx Blackman
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
My Name is Earl was an excellent show.

Alchemy
05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Fringe is one of the best things I've seen in a while. It's like a refreshing X-Files. The whole thing with Peter is crazy! I think the tombstone is in "our" reality, and Peter was brought from the parallel reality.

I think Walter might be looking for Peter's mother in the parallel reality. He said he wanted to get what was taken from him back, and maybe he was talking about his family. Maybe one of his experiments got out of hand, or something killed his family, and he was able to take the Peter from the alternate reality, but now he's looking for his wife? I don't know. A lot of things could be going on.

psycobetabuckdown
05-20-2009, 12:40 PM
My Name is Earl ran way longer than it should have. Did they even come close to "finishing the list"? I need him to do that. The show's intrigue comes from the fact that you want him to get through the list and accomplish something. I felt that the last couple seasons they were just dragging it out and that's why I stopped watching.

Terminator 3 and the SCC show were both very underrated, though not brilliant or anything. Obviously compared to the movies SCC wasn't great but it was fun to have Terminator on TV and it definitely wasn't a piece of shit. They actually tried.

Terminator 4 looks awesome. Hopefully McG will put out three good ones and T3 will be the worst we'll ever get. How could we complain about that? T3 was a decent film and for a franchise going to 6 films "decent" is doing a hell of a lot better than Star Wars.

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I think Walter might be looking for Peter's mother in the parallel reality. He said he wanted to get what was taken from him back, and maybe he was talking about his family.

I agree, that's what I thought too. There is definitely a lot we don't know yet.

Alchemy
05-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Also, I love Olivia.

wmgaretjax
05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Wait, I didn't think the tombstone was in a parallel reality. I assumed Peter died in 1985, and Walter brought him back to the reality the show takes place in from a parallel reality at some point between 1985 and the present.

Was it clear what coin he put on top of the tombstone? If it was the one the Observer gave him then it would imply the tombstone was in an alternate reality.

It could be that way, the "something taken" could be peter that died, so walter stole a peter from another reality. Or it could be that walter left his reality to go to another (that would make sense with the observer's comment about "it's time to go back") where his family was.

HunterGather
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Anyone ever went to the Terminator 2 3D show at Universal Studios Florida/Hollywood?

Amazing show. Seen it dozens of times. 3D screens, live actors, pyro and all that good stuff.

It's also an alternate way to sort of conclude the Terminator saga (if you don't care for anything T3, T4, or SCC brought to you). And it even featured the T2 actors (arnold, linda hamilton, edward furlong, robert patrick, and the therapist guy).

Though, the story line has odd faults (ie, john and the terminator go into the FUTURE to destroy skynet....then john goes back to the present....doesn't make sense....but you don't even think about that when your at the attraction. Also, apparently the terminator can go through a time portal and retain his clothes, gun, AND a motorcycle..)

But yeah, if you haven't had the change, highly recommend that.