PDA

View Full Version : New Radiohead Album

psycobetabuckdown
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/35355-radiohead-recording-new-album/

Radiohead in studio
The Oxford band have started work on the follow up to In Rainbows
18 May 2009 - Radiohead have started working on the follow up to their 2007 album In Rainbows.

Bassist Colin Greenwood told 6 Music the Oxford band have been busy in the studio over the last week with producer Nigel Godrich.

"It was very noisy and chaotic and really fun," he said.

"It’s at the stage where we’ve got the big Lego box out and we’ve tipped it out on the floor and we're just looking at all the bits and thinking what’s next?"

"I'm very impressed and grateful for Nigel our producer and his ability to make it all sound vaguely plausible," he added.

Greenwood, who was speaking at the Great Escape music festival in Brighton, where he was helping to launch a new music journal called Loops, gave no indication as to when the Oxford five-piece will be releasing their next record or whether they will be briging it out in a similar format to their last LP.

"It's at the stage where we've got the big Lego box out and we've tipped it on the floor." Colin Greenwood on Radiohead's new album

Last time, Radiohead offered fans the chance to choose how much they were prepared to pay for In Rainbows.

"We were just saying to people how much do you think we're worth?" he added.

"It's like a long term relationship and it was great because it kicked off lots of debate about it."

The band have just finished touring with electro pioneers Kraftwerk in South America which Greenwood described as a "brilliant experience".

"They are one of our musical heroes and it was a real privilege to share a stage with them," he enthused.

"What I like about Kraftwerk is I obviously love the beats but I love their melodies too. They seep into your brain and stay there."

The five-piece are due to headline the Reading and Leeds Festivals this summer for a headline show where they have some unfinished business.

"It was a bit frustrating when we were playing some of our own shows last year because it was light for the first half hour, 40 minutes of the show," Greenwood said.

"So we wanted to do it as it was meant to be seen – darker and louder."

Like, yeah

Still-ill
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
You're late.

psycobetabuckdown
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Don't you think it deserves its own thread?

Still-ill
05-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah I'd say so. Although in the Radiohead '09 thread the response was quite underwhelming surprisingly.

psycobetabuckdown
05-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah wtf? Well, whenever the news gets big enough to warrant more response, I guess there's a thread for it now. Lame Radiohead fans.

Or maybe tomorrow it will blow up.

Still-ill
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it's the old vet's who are afraid of an explosion. Because I doubt this will come out anytime soon, I think they're just starting to rehearse and work out some new stuff.

psycobetabuckdown
05-18-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm saying fall 2010. 3 years

indietron
05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Weve known theyve been working on new stuff, and we know its gonna take a while, thats why nobody is exploding over it.

crazzz2007
05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah wtf? Well, whenever the news gets big enough to warrant more response, I guess there's a thread for it now. Lame Radiohead fans.

Or maybe tomorrow it will blow up.

are you really bitching that more people aren't excited over your thread? fucking pathetic.

shermanoaksyo
05-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Fall '10 makes a lot of sense, so expect the album to arrive in Summer '11

fober
05-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Produced by Pharrell Williams and Dr. Dre and Featuring Miley Cyrus and Beyonce.

cansei de ser sexme
05-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Now lets get this thread to 50 pages. We can do it together!

Still-ill
05-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Now lets get this thread to 50 pages. We can do it together!

Patience. That's all it will take.

Aurgasm
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
i'm a subscriber. keep the news/info coming.

TallGuyCM
05-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Well if this thread has already been for a day and doesn't have some kind of snarky supre response about how this is old news, then something's REALLY wrong! :)

Aurgasm
05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Well if this thread has already been for a day and doesn't have some kind of snarky supre response about how this is old news, then something's REALLY wrong! :)

lmao!!! maybe his head exploded in anger.

FREEDOM!!!!!

psycobetabuckdown
05-20-2009, 10:37 AM
are you really bitching that more people aren't excited over your thread? fucking pathetic.

wtf? I was having a conversation with someone, hardly bitching...go away

I just thought this news didn't belong in the tour thread. Why do you hate your life?

psycobetabuckdown
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Fall '10 makes a lot of sense, so expect the album to arrive in Summer '11

seriously. if that.

crazzz2007
05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
wtf? I was having a conversation with someone, hardly bitching...go away

I just thought this news didn't belong in the tour thread. Why do you hate your life?

i love my life.

stop making stupid posts.

PotVsKtl
05-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Maybe they should stop jerking off into their "Lego box" and write some fucking songs before the studio.

psycobetabuckdown
05-20-2009, 02:09 PM
i love my life.

stop making stupid posts.

If you loved your life you wouldn't be 32 and trolling a message board all day.

bobert
05-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Maybe they should stop jerking off into their "Lego box" and write some fucking songs before the studio.

You're a real miserable piece of shit, you know that Pot?

amyzzz
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
http://buryorburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the_big_lebowski32-300x274.jpg

TomAz
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Geniuses don't need to do this. all they have to do is take a few moments and the brilliant ideas will come to them. the rest will be magic. because they are geniuses.

AlecEiffel
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Produced by Pharrell Williams and Dr. Dre and Featuring Miley Cyrus and Beyonce.

GOOD ONE!

BlackSwan
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
GFKOro5mWt0

TomAz
05-20-2009, 02:34 PM
6LaeATExBi0

oasis4life2002
05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Radiohead will put out something great as always. I know ppl will pray there at Coachella next year. And i think it would be appropriate 4 them to play some new material b4 there record comes out. Hopefully GV can pull it off.

PotVsKtl
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Radiohead will put out something great as always. I know ppl will pray there at Coachella next year. And i think it would be appropriate 4 them to play some new material b4 there record comes out. Hopefully GV can pull it off.

http://www.aol.com

TomAz
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
They're/their/there
Click on the buttons until you find the correct answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Where are Mark and Sally?
______ over there.
they're
their
there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 They've forgotten ______ bags.
they're
their
there

3 ______ is no soap in my bathroom. Could you send some up please?
they're
their
there

4 ______ are several mistakes in this document.
they're
their
there

5 I've met them before but I don't know ______ names.
they're
their
there

6 I don't know who they are but I think ______ German.
they're
their
there

7 Look at the smiles on ______ faces.
they're
their
there

8 I don't think ______ coming.
they're
their
there

9 I wonder if ______ going to come.
they're
their
there

10 From the look on ______ faces, they're not very happy.
they're
their
there

11 The employees say that ______ not very happy about working over the Millenium.
they're
their
there

12 Where are Fred and Steve?
Over ______ .
they're
their
there

13 I like visiting London but I wouldn't want to live ______ .
they're
their
there

14 They cannot decide. They can't make up ______ minds.
they're
their
there

15 Do you think ______ going to accept our offer?
they're
their
there

16 ______ are two reasons why I am against this idea.
they're
their
there

17 IBM have increased ______ profits by 20%.(This example is correct in British English - ask an American what they would say!)
they're
their
there

18 I know ______ considering buying a new computer system.
they're
their
there

19 ______ is no reason for me to stay. My job is finished.
they're
their
there

20 The students are happy. They've finished ______ homework.
they're
their
there

oasis4life2002
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
LOL forgive me im drinking

oasis4life2002
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
20 questions i would of never thought of that. LOL

TomAz
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I know that Language Log has already (e.g. here) mentioned the widespread would of, though I haven’t seen a whole lot about the gradual expansion of that of into uses like hadn’t of where there never would have been a have (oh! I tried to be funny and write ‘would of been’ but Word automatically turned it into 'would have been' – but at least its little pop-up offered the option of restoring it and even to “stop automatically correcting ‘would of been’” – that’s very open-minded of them!), suggesting that 'of' is becoming a general marker for counterfactual modality, but I just have to report a really beautiful example I heard on my favorite public radio station, WFCR of Amherst, on Feb. 16 during their recent fund drive, out of the mouth of a very literate member of their development staff, K***, –- I’ve even met her and been interviewed by her, and I won’t name her simply because she might be embarrassed and I wouldn’t want to cause that. You know how the announcers have to just keep talking all the time to try to fill the time interestingly enough in between repeating the phone number to call – I’m impressed that they stay as coherent as they do. Anyway, the other announcer, a regular classical music host, had just said something interesting about some composer, and K*** replied, “I didn’t know that, and certainly wouldn’t of have without listening to WFCR.”

sonofhal
10-09-2009, 02:09 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/oct/09/radiohead-definitely-planning-2010-album

crazzz2007
10-09-2009, 02:14 AM
The next album promises to be "typical Radiohead", O'Brien said. "We're going into the studio in winter. It's always miserable! Are we at the whim of the seasons? We are! When you're in a studio in the countryside, the music you make is definitely affected by what season it is."

yay

psycobetabuckdown
10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
i knew this thread would amount to something

(bump?)

Gribbz
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
lgoXUzIwXk0

obzen
10-12-2009, 10:59 AM
They're a lock.

psycobetabuckdown
10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
In all seriousness I think they're a lock for 2011. It said recording this winter, right?

yeah...and Daft Punk for 2011 too. I think 2011 may be the long prophesized Radiohead-Daft Punk-David Bowie year. Which makes this year Muse-Pearl Jam-Amy Winehouse

Gribbz
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Which makes this year Muse-Pearl Jam-Amy Winehouse

:eek:

hawkingvsreeve
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
<3 Amy Winehouse

mountmccabe
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
"misquoted"

TomAz
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
somebody needs to shoot you

edit: that was for psychobuckethead for the Muse-PJ-Winehouse comment. that would be a fucking awful festival

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
new RH album sounds like a good idea.

humanoid
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
In all seriousness I think they're a lock for 2011. It said recording this winter, right?

yeah...and Daft Punk for 2011 too. I think 2011 may be the long prophesized Radiohead-Daft Punk-David Bowie year. Which makes this year Muse-Pearl Jam-Amy Winehouse

as much as I would love to see Bowie at Coachella, I don't see the odds increasing as he continually grows older and further away from his touring days

amyzzz
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Please don't respond to the rumor troll.

humanoid
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Please don't respond to the rumor troll.

sorry...new Radiohead, great idea...agreed

suprefan
10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
You mean Muse, No Doubt and Jay Z?

hawkingvsreeve
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Something tells me we will get Bowie and Outkast.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

captncrzy
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
somebody needs to shoot you

edit: that was for psychobuckethead for the Muse-PJ-Winehouse comment. that would be a fucking awful festival

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

Gribbz
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Only if they play "Holla back girl." LOVE that song.

humanoid
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Only if they play "Holla back girl." LOVE that song.

Radiohead is covering it on their next album

psycobetabuckdown
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM

^ Could this possibly be someone who figured out that my 2010 prediction was a joke?