PDA

View Full Version : Deadmau5 at Hollywood Pallidium

goldfromla
05-16-2009, 08:47 PM
5/22: whos going? gunna be epic

El.C.Dub
05-16-2009, 08:53 PM
already a thread for this. but yes, i am going, and yes, it is going to be epic.

CrimesceneCookie
05-16-2009, 10:12 PM
EpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEpicEp icEpicEpicEpic
you kids need a new word

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
05-16-2009, 10:26 PM
cipe?

Stefachink
05-16-2009, 10:32 PM
How about pice? Spice without the s.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
05-16-2009, 10:42 PM
thats so pice

iaredaniel
05-17-2009, 02:01 AM
ill definitely be there. gonna be rolltastic

frenzplz
05-17-2009, 09:53 AM
my dads a farmer

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
my dads a farmer

no im not, stop fibbing boy before i throw a box of gernades at chya!

digitalmau5
05-17-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm going up north to SF to see him at ETD POP the night after. Now that's going to be epic!

vogina
05-17-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.whokilledbambi.co.uk/public/2007/07/christoph_teinmeyer.jpg

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm going up north to SF to see him at ETD POP the night after. Now that's going to be epic!

no, thats going to be pice!

DFrank
05-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Do you guys like that venue? If you're not the first 1600, you're kinda shit out of luck imo.

Stefachink
05-18-2009, 01:04 AM
http://www.whokilledbambi.co.uk/public/2007/07/christoph_teinmeyer.jpg

Now that's what I call PICE!

Devin the Dude
05-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Do you guys like that venue? If you're not the first 1600, you're kinda shit out of luck imo.

reason i will not be there.

reason #2: [not-so-secret show at the apple store in santa monica the night before, 5/21]

El.C.Dub
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
never been to a show at the palladium, could someone elaborate as to why its shitty?

indietron
05-18-2009, 07:17 PM
If you don't get there early enough to get a wristband, then you can't be on the floor. Instead, you stand around the outer portion that is raised a little.

El.C.Dub
05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
from personal experience, does anyone know how fast those floor wristbands go? Am I going to have to line up before 8 PM when the show starts in order to get one?

pancakespancakes
05-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Is it sold out? My friend wants me to come with him. I'm considering it as long as he does all the driving.

indietron
05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
You shouldn't have to line up at all Dub. I would advise getting there at least 15 minutes before the opener goes on. It really depends though. For Of Montreal, they ran out of wristbands right before the opener (Health), but I saw bloc party and they didn't stop giving out wristbands until half way through the opener (menomena). If the opener is some no named DJ, then you'll be golden. If the opener is fairly popular, then you might want to get there a little earlier

El.C.Dub
05-18-2009, 10:15 PM
You shouldn't have to line up at all Dub. I would advise getting there at least 15 minutes before the opener goes on. It really depends though. For Of Montreal, they ran out of wristbands right before the opener (Health), but I saw bloc party and they didn't stop giving out wristbands until half way through the opener (menomena). If the opener is some no named DJ, then you'll be golden. If the opener is fairly popular, then you might want to get there a little earlier

Thanks indietron this is some vital information. For those unfortunate individuals who do not get a wristband, what/where are they limited too? Is it an upper level balcony and only those with wristbands can access the bottom level/dance floor? How high is this balcony? I'm Trying to make a mental picture in my head and I picture a small version of the Shrine.

Stefachink
05-19-2009, 12:14 AM
If you don't get there early enough to get a wristband, then you can't be on the floor. Instead, you stand around the outer portion that is raised a little.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I'll consider this next time I think of going to a show at the Pallidium.

digitaldragon03
05-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Wow, thats stupid. So only 1600 out of 3500 get to party hard?

indietron
05-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks indietron this is some vital information. For those unfortunate individuals who do not get a wristband, what/where are they limited too? Is it an upper level balcony and only those with wristbands can access the bottom level/dance floor? How high is this balcony? I'm Trying to make a mental picture in my head and I picture a small version of the Shrine.

http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/HollywoodPalladium.GIF

This is a seating chart of the venue, however there will not be seats at the show. The dark blue area is the floor, but you can only get on if you have a wristband. If not, you have to stand in the yellow/red area. The light blue is a legit upper level balcony, but that tends to fill up fairly quickly.

That back area is not a balcony, it is just a raised portion that is maybe 2-3 feet higher. Usually the wristbands are being passed out by security at the various entrances to the floor.

I hope this helps. It was really confusing the first time I learned all that. Its a great venue and you'll have a ton of fun, it just sucks having to worry about getting floor or not. Plus, if worse comes to worst, you can always try to sneak in, which ive seen plenty of people do.

heyeric
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Wooo! I can't wait. My friend just invited me to come on Friday.

Will anyone else from the boards be there? Lets meet up and party!

deadmau5 is also doing an instore signing/performance at the apple store in Santa Monica. I'm not to sure on the time but I know its going down sometime tomorrow. (May 21st 2009)

*update - 7-8, signing after.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/96/l_3c73e35f1e9d4c05a0645afd10ba8a2f.jpg

vogina
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMM

Just wanted to see how far right I could go

nationocean
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
today i will be at the mau5 house, drinking, fending off stray cats, dancing

i promise i will get him to the palladium tomorrow night on time

DFrank
05-21-2009, 01:30 PM
I hope this helps. It was really confusing the first time I learned all that. Its a great venue and you'll have a ton of fun, it just sucks having to worry about getting floor or not. Plus, if worse comes to worst, you can always try to sneak in, which ive seen plenty of people do.

I've been to the Hollywood Palladium twice and both times didnt get wristbands (because my friends didnt want to get there till later). It's a bummer if you dont because the other standing area kinda sucks and you keep thinking how much more awesome it would be if you were on the floor.
My advice would be to hop over the 3ft wall and run in to the mass. I did it both times :)

Daft Fro
05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Bah, sold out, lagged too long on tickets...

Modeselektor evades me again =\

Anyone need to sell a pair?

Gonna go check out the mau5 at the Apple Store though.

Marvinsky
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Bah, sold out, lagged too long on tickets...

Modeselektor evades me again =\

Anyone need to sell a pair?

Gonna go check out the mau5 at the Apple Store though.Good luck! stupid raver hipsters............

Daft Fro
05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
A hip raver like myself lagging on tickets is stupid, yes.

Daft Fro
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh, deadmau5 didn't even get to play because of fire marshall, cops, and rowdy samo kids ;p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/slickx01/DSC00234.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/slickx01/DSC00236.jpg

Have fun tomorrow yall.

Stefachink
05-22-2009, 10:42 PM
That's insane! Hahaha!

Daft Fro
05-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Life finds a way into shows, what an awesome night...

RickeyinLA
05-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Deadmau5 killed to the it. Stupid. When you thought he was making it better, he then totally tears your head off. You shoulda been there.

feather
05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Life finds a way into shows, what an awesome night...

Yeah my best friend just handed the ticket guy $40 and he let her in. There are definitely ways.

fatbastard
05-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I landed up at CONTROL with Andy Butler and Pat Mahoney.

I drove down Argyle last night around 9PM. The crowd was already in full swing. It could have been 1:30AM from the looks of all the people.

c_flo
05-23-2009, 03:39 PM
i heard the schwartz stole the show

RickeyinLA
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
That's a joke, right?

fatbastard
05-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Can someone please posts details on this show? I really want to know about this show.

R41N570RM
05-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Here's my review folks: (Deadmau5 @ The Hollywood Palladium, 5/22/09)

And I will save you from reading... There were no "wristbands" to get on the floor. If you wanted to be on the floor, you could go. You could pretty much go anywhere, on the perimeter, the balcony, the floor, even practically on the side of the stage. Well done, I'm supposing its the HARD guys who organized that.

Destructo as usual opened things up, gets the crowd moving. Most of the time I don't care too much for the choices in what he plays but he played some good stuff that night.

And now, don't get me wrong. Moderat was good. If you aren't already aware, Moderat is Modeselektor + Apparat. One could go as far to say, that if Kraftwerk were making music in today's age, this is what they would make. However, after Destructo, I felt this wasn't the greatest choice in opening bands, as they are much slower in tempo... After awhile I started yawning (like, I was getting tired) which was not a good sign. But like I said, they did play a good show.

And I hate to continue to complain, but I didn't really care for Tiefschwarz either. They played a mix of songs I've never heard, drawing a not-very-interesting, simple beat throughout an entire hour. The crowd started moving a little more but I got bored very quickly. Blah Blah Blah...

But then, Deadmau5 came out and made everything worth waiting for. He started off with an unreleased song, called FML, which was an almost.. rave or hardstyle like song, in deadmau5 fashion of course. From there he played some of his other newer songs (that haven't been released, see cat bread or whatever he puts on his myspace) before breaking into the most interesting mix leading into Ghosts N Stuff I've ever heard... If anyone has a clue of what this actually is, please do let me know. Here's a video:

8IxmAAvcqYA

After that he went on to play all of his hits... Hi Friend, The Reward Is (More) Cheese, His HBFS Remix, all the way through to stuff off Random Album Title... Sometimes Things Get Complicated, Slip, Not Exactly, etc. He finished with "I Remember," which met the crowd with big smiles. He did an encore and played Arguru. My only complaint? He played everything EXCEPT Faxing Berlin! But, let me say it was a fantastic show, and after all the trash I've heard about the Palladium, none of any of it happened.

fatbastard
05-24-2009, 10:06 AM
"I Remember" Son of a bitch! Thanks for the update.

keep2thestreets
05-24-2009, 10:20 AM
tiefschwarz were sick i don't know what you guys were on..
Refreshing to hear tracks ive "never heard of" rather then predictable Chart-toppers
Deadmau5 was good as expected
His opening track was probably one of my favorite moments (maybe because its unreleased ?)

all in all a good Saturday ^ ^

ELECtROjan
05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Deadmau5- Ghost n Stuff (Dirty Disco Youth Remix) into Ghost n Stuff but im not 100%....from what ive seen he usually doesn't play other peoples remixes of his own music so it might just be him fucking around on Ableton Live and his Lemur

R41N570RM
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Nah son that sure as hell ain't the Dirty Disco Youth remix.
VIj7jhiBSpU
This guy tried to recreate the thing... Doesn't do it justice in my opinion, but I couldn't do any better.

He also played a similar mix at ETD Pop a day or so later:
ZO0RzI1_S0c

Wheres the beef?
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
What a great show! I had an awesome time. The Palladium is a SWEET venue. It was great to go see a decent electronic music show without having to go to a rave.

Tiefshwartz was terrible.

ThomThom
05-25-2009, 10:05 PM
The Deadmau5 videos look great R41N570RM, it's a shame I was unable to attend :(

indietron
05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Deadmau5 was awesome at Sasquatch!! He knows how to throw down

Heresy
05-29-2009, 02:10 AM
I was there :)

R41N570RM pretty much gave an accurate description of the show. Amazing night <3

Ohhh those blue monsters were delicious.