PDA

View Full Version : The Gorillaz Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

BlackSwan
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Perhaps it was silly to think something was actually going to happen when the countdown on Gorillaz.com hit zero... Nothing happened.

HpB97MGF9R0

Blinken
02-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I was expecting the full music video for Stylo when the countdown ended.

brando4n82
02-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Am I to believe that Plastic Beach comes out in 2 weeks???

and NO leak????

BlackSwan
02-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Believe it.

Plastic Beach site is coming...

J~$$$$
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
stylo sucks.

Yes I know.

BlackSwan
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8060/43823987202949703136b.jpg

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:01 AM
It's official...

THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR EXCLUSIVE G CLUB LIVE EVENTS AND THE CHANCE TO PRE-SALE GORILLAZ SHOW TICKETS - "Exclusive events/appearances in the UK, EU and USA are planned in the next 12 months"

Monklish
02-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Told ya, asshole.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
What exactly did you tell me again? I wasn't really listening.

Coachella Bound
02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
What exactly did you tell me again? I wasn't really listening.

what exactly are you both talking about? i havnt really been paying attention.

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 08:13 AM
fuck yeah! more gorillaz shows! I'm there.

Monklish
02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
i feel like Gorillaz performance will be something you have to see, kind of a rarity, although i bet they will tour this year, or is this a one-off?

They're not going to all this trouble for a one-off.

As of now, there are no plans for a US Gorillaz tour. FACT.

And as of now I'm telling you there's going to be one. FACT.

I don't need you to tell me that you have bullshit opinions, it's obvious.

But now that I think about it... Monklish is right. Gorillaz are going to do a huge US tour and hit every market. There is no need to see their set at Coachella... You should all just go home early.

Not a huge tour, but they're going to tour. They're not sinking hundreds of thousands of dollars into building this giant spectacle for a fucking one off you silly twat.

Your assumptions don't trump what I know.

This, you smug cunt.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:18 AM
And if you look at my wording, I'm not saying there won't be any shows, so what exactly is the point you are trying to make?

Monklish
02-24-2010, 08:20 AM
"Your assumptions don't trump what I know."

Coachella Bound
02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Swany im sorry but it looks as if Monklish took this one...

Just appologize and be done w/ it. Lick ur wounds, there will be another battle, another day

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
"Your assumptions don't trump what I know."

And all said was that there were no plans for a US tour, that has yet to be contradicted.

Monklish
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
... you mean aside from the fact that there are plans for appearances in the US?

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:30 AM
"Appearences" don't equal a tour.

Monklish
02-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Okay buddy.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Has anyone explored the Plastic Beach?

How do you turn on the elevator to go to lower levels?

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 08:47 AM
is there any point?

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I haven't explored Plastic Beach at all yet. I want to wait until I am in the comfort of my home. I wish the shop was open--curious what they are going to be selling. This week's NME has a mini Plastic Beach poster in it...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/beatfloh/IMG_0081.jpg

...but tracking an NME down in San Francisco seems like a chore.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
I've been exploring Plastic Beach all morning. Until the Web site crashed a few minutes ago. I was making some good progress too.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 10:23 AM
And that's an awesome poster...too bad finding NME is impossible where I'm living right now.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Same here. The only place that used to sell it in SF was Virgin and it's now closed. I just called a couple Borders and none of them carry it.

EDIT: Whoa, the site is totally down. Hopefully, that means the G-Club is going live.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Site is back up. I've done almost everything I can. The site needs like 80,000 people or something to bail the water out of the elevator and free Murdoc.

amyzzz
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
fucking site won't work at my work.

shotglass75
02-24-2010, 11:53 AM
http://gorillaz.com/news

Album Track by Track by Murdoc

Ahead of the release of 'Plastic Beach' on March 8, Murdoc explains the album in detail

'Orchestral Intro'
I needed something other-worldly to to open the record. This album’s been a while in the making and this needed to be The Big Reveal. It needed to be portentous, vast and… oceanic. But graceful. Like the morphine’s just gently kicking in as the listener glides into the Plastic Bay. Mmmm.

This little symphony was recorded with the Sinfonia Viva orchestra, in Derby, around April 2009. I recorded with them in the old Rolls Royce engine factory, where they built the engines for the World War II spitfires. Which fits the soul of all this - a bygone era, the remnants of war and planes and decay.

continued...

'Welcome To The World Of Plastic Beach' (feat. Snoop Dogg)
Snoop’s the grandaddy, isn’t he? 'Doggystyle' was for many people the record that got them into rap and G-funk. The track also features The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, a Chicago nine-piece brass group featuring eight sons of Phil Cohran (who played trumpet with The Sun Ra Arkestra).

This is a proper soundtrack: brass-laden, pimped out, plastic funk, mixing the organic with the plastic to form something new and shiny. And who better to open up this world than Snoop?

'White Flag'
This one features the National Orchestra For Arabic Music. 'Plastic Beach' was intended to be a worldwide collage. Via the guests I brought in and used, I could take little snapshots of the world.

'White Flag' was recorded in Beirut, around the end of March 2009. Over there, the Israelis like to fly their jets really low over the city once a month. It’s called “sabre-rattling”. If they fly low and fast enough, it creates a sonic boom effect, taking out all the windows in the area.

This faintly surreal experience in Beirut and Syria got rolled into various themes on the album. What I wanted to do was then add a British counterpart. And who would fit the bill better than the British grime artists Bashy and Kano? What they bring to this is great.

'Rhinestone Eyes'
This one was recorded in my little submarine. I nicked a bit of my own ‘Electric Shock’ track, and stuck it in here, with a little delay over the top. Came out quite well, don’t you think?

'Stylo' (featuring Bobby Womack and Mos Def)

This is a new sound for Gorillaz. An electro-ish ‘crack funk’ sound, with a little bit of politics and a lot of soul going down. With 'Stylo', I wanted the music to feel euphoric, whilst still putting across how precarious our tightly packed situation is now, worldwide. Where we’re at as a species on this overpopulated planet (“Coming on to the Overload. Overload. Overload”).

Bobby Womack’s chorus, he just explodes into the track. How good is it to get Bobby Womack on the record? This was the first recording he’s made in 15, 20 years, so what an honour. Bobby said he only returned to do this Gorillaz track because his granddaughter said Gorillaz were cool. Which is true. We are.

'Superfast Jellyfish' (feat. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul)
When you think about Gorillaz, it makes sense to have a Super Furry Animal on there, doesn’t it? I’ve always loved them, so I sent a jet over to pick Gruff up and take him over here.

A lot of fun, this track. If you turn it up loud enough all the colours start spilling and washing out of the speakers. You could flood your room with a track like this.

`Empire Ants' (feat. Little Dragon)
A moment’s peace amongst the rush. I sampled a lot of this from the theme music to Tomorrow’s World, and the vocalist is Yukimi Nagano from Little Dragon, an electronic band from Sweden.

It was actually 2D who got me into Little Dragon. He played me this lovely song of theirs called 'Twice', which he first heard on the TV show Grey's Anatomy.

'Glitter Freeze' (feat. Mark E Smith)
I'm really glad we managed to get Mark E. Smith on the record. I’m not sure he felt the same, but y'know. He wanted to do his part facing north. “Which way’s north from here?”

We used his question as a little intro, kind of like what we did with Shaun Ryder on 'DARE'. Sometimes the greatest moments are those little mistakes that you catch in the mix when you’re just warming up.

Like ‘Punk’ on the first album, and ‘White Light’ on ‘Demon Days’, this is the album's rawkus section of chaos. Every album’s got to have one.

'Some Kind of Nature' (feat. Lou Reed)
I grew up on Lou Reed, and the Velvets. And I loved Lou’s solo stuff, ‘Magic and Loss’ and ‘The Blue Mask’ and ‘Transformer’ of course.

It’s funny. This track’s got a good ol’ sunshiny vibe. Like something off Sesame Street. Apparently Lou Reed is one of the only people to never appear, or refuse to appear, on Sesame Street. So it’s quite a coup that we got him on this.

I recorded with Lou over in New York and he wanted to do his whole vocal thing in private, on his own. He ordered everyone out the studio. Me too. I love Lou, but y’know: this is my album. I wanna know what’s going down. Still, his track... wow! Solid gold.

`On Melancholy Hill'
The melancholy hill - it’s that feeling, that place, that you get in your soul sometimes, like someone’s let your tyres down. It’s nice to break up the album with something a little lighter. It's good to have something that’s a genuine pop moment on every album. And this is one of those.

‘Broken'
Erm….I don’t really know what to say about this track, y’know, like Frank Zappa said “talking about music is like fishing about architecture”. This track just works. I don’t want to talk about it. Is that, OK?

‘Sweepstakes' (feat. Mos Def)
The Hypnotic Brass brothers give us that full-on Chicago brass muscle, turning this track out into a ‘Quincy Jones’ version of hip hop, MC’ed superlatively by Mos Def. An absolute gent. I first met him in The Box club on the Lower East side of NYC. I like his rap work, and I saw him in Be Kind Rewind.

“Sweepstakes: you’re a winner.” Collect your little plastic prize at the counter. There’s a lot of rubbish that gets dangled in front of people on this Earth. Making people feel like a winner is one of the best way of hooking them in.

`Plastic Beach' (featuring Mick Jones and Paul Simonon)
It’s a special moment for fans of Gorillaz and the Clash. How did this come about? Well, I had commandeered Paul Simonon from the Good, The Bad And The Queen. And it made sense.

Gorillaz were always influenced by The Clash. They were always my favourite band, I loved how they took the heart and soul of punk and reggae smeared it in London graffiti and paint and then sailed it round the world. I don’t think that’s a million miles from what Gorillaz do now.

'To Binge' (feat. Little Dragon)
Another collaboration with Little Dragon, `To Binge' ends up as a beautiful duet between vocalist Yukimi Nagamo and 2D. A Hawaiian version of melancholy, yeah? You don’t see a lot of miserable Hawaiians, do you? It’s not known for its grim outlook on life.

`Cloud Of Unknowing' (feat. Bobby Womack)
This track’s a mirror of the opener, a final reflection on the Plastic Beach. Bobby Womack’s performance on this song can still bring tears to my eyes. That mixture of hope and uncertainty in his voice – the age and the experience, the fear and the joy... 'scuse me.

This song, like the Who’s 'Love Reign O’er Me' is the moment that gathers together the events of the album - and pauses for reflection: “Waiting to see what the morning brings, it may bring sunshine on its wings….”

`Pirate Jet'
'Pirate Jet' takes the album out swinging, a finale with shuddering jazz hands: “Did you like the show? It was called PLANET EARTH". We’re finished and now everyone’s evolved into plastic. A new breed of human.

But y’know, I want to clear this up. 'Plastic Beach'. It's not a green record. It's not a judgement on the world. It's just a picture. Plastic Beach: it's another place, another way of looking at the world. And this is its soundtrack....

Gribbz
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm exploring the plastic beach right now... this is awesome.

brando4n82
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Damnit. I was really hoping this would have leaked today, So I could get fudgepucked at work and explore the album.. now that I know it comes out in 2 weeks..its going by so slow..

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm exploring the plastic beach right now... this is awesome.

Have you started identifying that wall of captains? I've got like 2/3s done. It's really hard.

Gribbz
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Nah, I'm just looking around right now.

Edit: I am now feeding the fish some spam.

rage patton
02-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Has anyone pre-ordered the album yet? I am thinking of ordering the experience edition. Will this be sold in stores?

EDIT: I love the inclusion of Capatin Beefheart on the Captains Wall.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I almost ordered it, but I'm waiting to see if they are going to release a limited edition version with more physical extras. All the extra digital content doesn't really sell me on the experience edition.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm way too into this game.

rage patton
02-24-2010, 12:46 PM
I almost ordered it, but I'm waiting to see if they are going to release a limited edition version with more physical extras. All the extra digital content doesn't really sell me on the experience edition.

The experience edition comes with a 16 page booklet of artwork...

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Ah, you're right... Their site says that. Amazon only said ebooklet the last time I checked, so I wasn't sure. The Japanese experience edition comes with a poster and stickers, so I wasn't totally sold on it anyway. I'm hoping for a Plastic Beach version of something like this: http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/broken-bells/pages/5437030/

rage patton
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
An e-booklet would be lame. Im still not sure if I want to order this though. I want this experience edition, but I don't want to risk it not comming on the 8th. Because I want to listen to this album on CD the day it comes out.

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 02:01 PM
fuck yeah! more gorillaz shows! I'm there.

I wonder if they'll come to FL(lol)

JustSteve
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
An e-booklet would be lame. Im still not sure if I want to order this though. I want this experience edition, but I don't want to risk it not comming on the 8th. Because I want to listen to this album on CD the day it comes out.

spend an extra $10 and buy it the day it comes out, too, then. it won't break the bank i'm sure...then when you get the mailed copy pass on the first disc to someone who will enjoy it.

weeklymix
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
there's no point in pre-ordering this. I see nothing indicating that you can't get the exact same thing in stores.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Well, there is a chance some retailers may decide not to carry the experience edition.

rage patton
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Well, there is a chance some retailers may decide not to carry the experience edition.

Exactly. I want that experience edition. Not only does it come with extra stuff, but I also like the album artwork a little better.

suprefan
02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
over 12000

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 08:13 PM
ok. some retailers may not carry it. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find it easily in SF or Vancouver though. everywhere I went carried the special edition of demon days. I don't see what makes this any different.

FoxeyLady
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
14150 bitches.

cormaic
02-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's a list of the captains if you're having trouble

1-Pugwash
2-Cook
3-Corelli
4-christiansen
5-The Sea
6-Dobey
7.-Morgan.
8.-Nemo
9-Birdseye
10-Sensible
11-Hawkeye
12-Caveman
13-Picard
14-Bligh
15-Beefheart
16-Black
17-Hook
18-Solo
19-Quint
20-Miller
21-Sky
22-Ahab
23-Carrot
24-james lovell
25-Scarlett
26-Blood
27-America
28-Captain Kirk
29-Mary Falconer
30-kate kestrel
31-Kremmen
32-Panaka
33-Monastario
34-Flint
35-Mainwaring
36-Haddock
37-Scott
38-Crunch

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Thank you sir, and might I add your knowledge of captains is thoroughly impressive. Has anyone figured out the banana challenge?

cormaic
02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh I don't claim credit for that list, I'm just as thankful for it as you are.

For the bananas, you have to knock a banana onto the peeler from the box at the other edge of the room, and then move to the peeler and move it back and forth fast to peel the banana, but it doesn't seem to work unless you have the screen pushed far left, if that makes any sense. The peeling thing would not respond to my mouse if I had the screen close to the bed, but when it was closer to the door on the left it would work. You peel five bananas for the achievement

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 09:31 PM
is it bad that i dont even know what game youre talking about? i just wanna listen to the new album

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh I don't claim credit for that list, I'm just as thankful for it as you are.

For the bananas, you have to knock a banana onto the peeler from the box at the other edge of the room, and then move to the peeler and move it back and forth fast to peel the banana, but it doesn't seem to work unless you have the screen pushed far left, if that makes any sense. The peeling thing would not respond to my mouse if I had the screen close to the bed, but when it was closer to the door on the left it would work. You peel five bananas for the achievement

Which room? The bedroom? I can peel the one banana with the rowing machine.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 09:33 PM
is it bad that i dont even know what game youre talking about? i just wanna listen to the new album

You haven't seen the shiny new website... http://www.gorillaz.com?

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Found it. Man, I had no idea that box was there.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Awesome, the only achievement I have left is freeing Murdoc, which seems like it's going to take a million years.

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I spent about a minute on there before I got annoyed.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 09:50 PM
At least Damon is the Seagull.

ZackQ
02-24-2010, 09:57 PM
I've spent more time on the game than I should at my age.

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 09:58 PM
i think i lasted 30 seconds

Boourns
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I think it's odd how nobody ever mentions the best example. radiohead & kraftwerk in 2004 actually had 10 minutes gap between them. radiohead ended at 10.30, kraftwerk began at 10.40.

also I think the last 30 minutes or so of DM did overlap with Daft Punk.

Yep, that's how it was scheduled, but Radiohead came out late and went over...9:05-10:45.

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Yep, that's how it was scheduled, but Radiohead came out late and went over...9:05-10:45.

and roger waters went over too. everyone goes over. so having those 10 minutes scheduled between is still better than having 0 minutes scheduled between.

BlackSwan
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
As long as they don't completely overlap, Sunday is going to be an amazing day of music.

And I finally entered Plastic Beach, and it is annoying.

EDIT: I wonder who Jonsi will conflict with though... Ideally, Pavement.

Gribbz
02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
As long as they don't completely overlap, Sunday is going to be an amazing day of music.

IT'S AWESOME.

theresalwaysone
02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
IT'S AWESOME.

Sunday or Plastic Beach?

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM

EDIT: I wonder who Jonsi will conflict with though... Ideally, Pavement.

that would be PLURfect, fuck pavement. i want my wonky eyed icelandic queen

Whiskers
02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
But if you guys go see an act on another stage while Pavement play before Gorillaz... you are going to be really fucking far away.

I mean... Ok! You guys go have fun at another stage!

shotglass75
02-24-2010, 10:15 PM
i think i lasted 30 seconds

that's what he said

ficklecycle
02-24-2010, 10:16 PM
that would be PLURfect, fuck pavement. i want my wonky eyed icelandic queen

me too

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
But if you guys go see an act on another stage while Pavement play before Gorillaz... you are going to be really fucking far away.

I mean... Ok! You guys go have fun at another stage!

oh whatever, rage.

to be perfectly honest, im not sure if i feel the need to be as close as humanly possible to this show

Whiskers
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
I just want to be at the second rail... at the very furthest.

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
second rail is what i was thinking too! thats a really great spot, i saw a lot of shows there

shakermaker113
02-24-2010, 10:45 PM
given the confirmation of more US shows, I'm much less concerned about where to be. second rail sounds good to me though.

sbessiso
02-24-2010, 10:47 PM
best part other than the clear view is all the room you have to dance :)

GnarVee
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
where in the fuck is this album.

stuporfly
02-25-2010, 07:44 AM
These motherfuckers better play NYC - Just read an interview with Mick Jones where he says he and Paul Simonon are part of the Gorillaz touring band.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I've actually never tried to get a good spot for a headliner without camping out. Is it really that impossible?

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
depends how much of an asshole you are willing to be.

superfiction
02-25-2010, 08:24 AM

qft

Still-ill
02-25-2010, 09:01 AM

This is Gorillaz... I'll be the Monklish of "excuse me" if I have to be.

superfiction
02-25-2010, 09:03 AM
This is Gorillaz... I'll be the Monklish of "excuse me" if I have to be.

haha this is almost sig worthy

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
I have a secret weapon.

stuporfly
02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a secret weapon.

If it's the burgerrito, you should do just fine.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
From Murdoc's Twitter:

"Old mate Zipper Lowe is playing our new tune Super Fast Jellyfish on his Radio 1 show tonight!! A World FIRST!! Tune in at 7pm GMT!"

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
that's 11 am our time? soon!

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
YES! New Gorillaz song today!

Aurgasm
02-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Sweet! I've only heard Stylo and the other two tracks from the Syrian Demo.. has anything else been leaked/released?

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
no. small teasers during murdoc's podcasts. nothing worth searching for.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
One of the teasers got me really excited though... The one were Damon is singing about "future pixels"... know what I am talking about?

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I only bothered listening to one of the podcasts. I think he played a clip from a new song but I wasn't paying close attention.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh, I was hooked the first time I heard it. I think I relistened to it about 6 times.

Aurgasm
02-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh, I was hooked the first time I heard it. I think I relistened to it about 6 times.

which podcast is this on?

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Can't remember which Podcast, but here it is on YouTube:

c4aQPhbxuNA

FoxeyLady
02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Edit: Yup, that's it^^ sounds awesome!!!

One of the teasers got me really excited though... The one were Damon is singing about "future pixels"... know what I am talking about?

Whiskers
02-25-2010, 10:37 AM
These motherfuckers better play NYC - Just read an interview with Mick Jones where he says he and Paul Simonon are part of the Gorillaz touring band.

Oh fuck yes.

I've actually never tried to get a good spot for a headliner without camping out. Is it really that impossible?

Depends on the headliners. For Gorillaz, Im guessing one will have to be there before Pavement starts to get a good spot.

ZackQ
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
So are we fairly certain it's going to be Thom Yorke >>> Pavement >>>> Gorillaz on the main stage Sunday?

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
There's no way to certain of anything at this point.

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
fucking zane low. made me sit through a fucking long ass deftones song. asshole.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
IT'S ON NOW!!!

Aurgasm
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
given the confirmation of more US shows, I'm much less concerned about where to be. second rail sounds good to me though.

sorry for not snooping more.. but who made this confirmation and is their any clues to the size of said US shows...

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
IT'S ON NOW!!!

The chorus is greatness. Sweet beat and production... I like.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 11:35 AM
C4UtbrbsrjY

Aurgasm
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
sweet

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Ohhhh fuck. The video is not available for my country. Fuck this.

J~$$$$
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Holy shit I am not feeling this album.

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
wow that was fast. fucking zane low started to play it right as I had to join a conference call.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 11:46 AM
im enjoying the song a lot more the second time around.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 11:47 AM
The De La Soul parts are OK, but I really like the rest of it.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 11:48 AM
i love near the end when damon's voice gets all robotic

GnarVee
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Damon on Auto-Tune......FUCKING GREAT...smh

I like De La but they fucking ruin the Gorillaz for me. (i.e corny ass lyrics in F.G.inc)

Im still looking very forward to their set!

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I dig. I wonder if gruff is coming to coachella?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh man, I just listened to the song. I didn't know what to think in the first listen, but 3 listens into it and I fucking love it!!! :)

DFrank
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Im digging 'Superfast Jellyfish'. I dont mind the rapping at the beginning, sounds great!

GrossMagic
02-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Love, love, love Superfast Jellyfish! Even though I despise auto tune, I think Damon uses it well here.

Gribbz
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Love De La Soul on this track.

GrossMagic
02-25-2010, 12:39 PM
anyone find an mp3 download? A hint to the link or a PM would be very appreciated!

Edit: Gracias BlackSwan! Ah NVM. I tried searching...I no find track.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 12:44 PM
?u3ye4dkt0y2

GrossMagic
02-25-2010, 12:46 PM
^^ Not finding anything... I will keep searching though.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Umm.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Love, love, love Superfast Jellyfish! Even though I despise auto tune, I think Damon uses it well here.

he sounds like a fucking bad ass. want more

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 01:03 PM
nothing new really, but from NME:

"At the moment I wouldn't want to play Glastonbury or something because I'd be setting myself a very high benchmark but we're definitely going to play some big gigs in the UK or in England or in London this year," he said. "The band is sounding really good, I'm really excited."

The Clash's Mick Jones later told NME.COM that he and bandmate Paul Simonon would be involved in the band.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
COACHELLAAAA

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Ahhhh... So. Torn.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM
how so?

GnarVee
02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
"The band is sounding really good, I'm really excited."

The Clash's Mick Jones later told NME.COM that he and bandmate Paul Simonon would be involved in the band.

I get the feeling we are getting NO holograms this year.

ficklecycle
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM

:cumming in my pants:

Gribbz
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Good. It was a one time thing anyway.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
theyre gunna be wearing those motion capture suits and on the jumbo screen it'll look like the gorillaz

GnarVee
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I for one wanted Holograms. That grammy performance w/ Madonna was DOPE (her walking behind them....UGH!...still tryn to figure out how they did that)

a mixture between real humans and holograms live would BLOW MY MIND.

ESSPECAILLY AT COACHELLA w/their skyscraper screens and advanced audio whatever. I hope your right Sbessiso!

getbetter
02-25-2010, 01:32 PM

FAP FAP FAP

thanks sbessiso for the find

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
how so?

Well, I have to choose between being able to see full sets of Thom Yorke, Jonsi, and Orbital three days in a row in a SF, and possibly be able to see Gorillaz if they announce another US show, or struggling to try to see them all on Sunday at Coachella. Festival sets experience-wise can be great, but musically I prefer solo shows, especially since Jonsi's stage production seems much more suited to a theater than a festival, and all the shows in SF are at great venues.

At the same time, I have a feeling Gorillaz set at Coachella could potentially be more special than all the other shows they may do, but then again that's just an assumption. I've always camped out for my must-see headliners, but that is probably going to be impossible if I want to see Jonsi. There is just too much unknown, and major risk with both to make this decision easy.

JustSteve
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
seriously.

edit: to mick and paul

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 01:41 PM
i understand, blackswan. so you havent purchased tix to coachella?

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh, I have, and then I found out that I could have bought them sans the $80 in fees at a box office in SF. This information was not available when tickets went on sale though... That's what I get for buying tickets immediately.

Bob Loblaw
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Throwing in my two cents about the new track-- I love it.

digitaldragon03
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
I for one wanted Holograms. That grammy performance w/ Madonna was DOPE (her walking behind them....UGH!...still tryn to figure out how they did that)

a mixture between real humans and holograms live would BLOW MY MIND.

ESSPECAILLY AT COACHELLA w/their skyscraper screens and advanced audio whatever. I hope your right Sbessiso!
I dont think that Gorillaz/Madonna performance was a hologram at all. It looks like an LCD screen or projection to me, with Russel on a separate screen above them. If you look at it closely, Gorillaz look like they are on some platform. When De La Soul comes out you can see two things. You can tell that they are walking around on the real stage. Also, you can actually see that Gorillaz are surrounded by a pitch black rectangular screen and the actual stage is dimly lit behind it. Then Madonna pops up out of a similar platform, but that one is at a different height. She steps down onto Gorillaz's platform, and starts to move around very weirdly, like you would see the frames of a film. She also looks slightly pixelated, easier to see for a human than an animated character, so i think she is not there at all. That Madonna is part of the LCD screen as well; Thats how they make it seem like she walks behind Murdoc, but in front of Noodles. Its all computer generated and displayed on some screen. Madonna then walks off screen, and the camera is held on Gorillaz so that some sort of transition can be made where TV Madonna disappears, and Real Madonna can do her dance routine. You'll notice that the camera work is alot more dynamic and there are more closeups of Madonna once she starts dancing.

EDIT: I just noticed that the two Madonnas arent even wearing the same thing. The cake is a lie.

7-q-ugRYN_s

GnarVee
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I dont think that Gorillaz/Madonna performance was a hologram at all. It looks like an LCD screen or projection to me, with Russel on a separate screen above them. If you look at it closely, Gorillaz look like they are on some platform. When De La Soul comes out you can see two things. You can tell that they are walking around on the real stage. Also, you can actually see that Gorillaz are surrounded by a pitch black rectangular screen and the actual stage is dimly lit behind it. Then Madonna pops up out of a similar platform, but that one is at a different height. She steps down onto Gorillaz's platform, and starts to move around very weirdly, like you would see the frames of a film. She also looks slightly pixelated, easier to see for a human than an animated character, so i think she is not there at all. That Madonna is part of the LCD screen as well; Thats how they make it seem like she walks behind Murdoc, but in front of Noodles. Its all computer generated and displayed on some screen. Madonna then walks off screen, and the camera is held on Gorillaz so that some sort of transition can be made where TV Madonna disappears, and Real Madonna can do her dance routine. You'll notice that the camera work is alot more dynamic and there are more closeups of Madonna once she starts dancing.

EDIT: I just noticed that the two Madonnas arent even wearing the same thing. The cake is a lie.

7-q-ugRYN_s

HOT DAMN!

good lookn.

vinylmartyr
02-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a sakes is high outtake.

J~$$$$
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Seriously. The whole thing just sounds lazy. I enjoyed stakes is high but this is not working.

Monklish
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Have they announced when they're going to start releasing the good songs?

GeezrRckr
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
no shit, this jellyfish crap is....well, crap.

(i do like stylo though)

GeezrRckr
02-25-2010, 04:28 PM
damn, that live vid is unreal. if they bring anything like that to the polo fields, i may not have a problem putting up with some jellyfish.

where was that show?

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 04:30 PM
What don't you like about it?

GeezrRckr
02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
um, cuz it sucks.
"superfast, superfast....in time for breakfast"....blah, blah blah. that chorus is just ass.

i'm sorry, man....i'm excited for this too, but sometimes they can be a miss.

BlackSwan
02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
So eloquent.

You don't have to be sorry. I was just curious if you could express what made you think it sucks. I think the production is great, and the chorus is catchy. The lyrics seem to be anti-fast food which I like as well.

GeezrRckr
02-25-2010, 04:44 PM
The lyrics seem to be anti-fast food which I like as well.
well, now i will listen more closely. i just didn't like the music, which for better or worse is what i always hear first. admittedly, i'm kinda slow when it comes to hearing lyrics.

but, regardless of the message....it's not my cuppa.

GeezrRckr
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
"gotta have it"

okay, i dig the message. thanks for causing me to pause.

still don't dig the tune overall, though. shame to waste that message on mediocre music.

brando4n82
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM

thats too bad you don't like stylo...you should proably not buy the new cd, or download it, or ever listen to it, or see them live

Monklish
02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
thats too bad you don't like stylo...you should proably not buy the new cd, or download it, or ever listen to it, or see them live

What a silly little position to take.

The thing I like about Gorillaz' new trakcs is that they don't sound like any other band. They still don't seem to be interested in sounding good either, but they don't sound like any other band. Particularly not a good band.

brando4n82
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Eh, I just felt like being a dick. I do like Stylo though. I just went a page back and noticed someone posted a new song? it's already taken off youtube though. I'm not gonna hunt it down. Just gonna wait for the album to come out.

Anyways, we're both gonna enjoy them at Coachella, and that's all that really matter.

dorkfish
02-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Eh, I just felt like being a dick. I do like Stylo though. I just went a page back and noticed someone posted a new song? it's already taken off youtube though. I'm not gonna hunt it down. Just gonna wait for the album to come out.

Anyways, we're both gonna enjoy them at Coachella, and that's all that really matter.
it's not off youtube, you just can't embed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4UtbrbsrjY

Monklish
02-25-2010, 07:41 PM

You're not very good at being a dick. Some might even say you're dickless.

Grant
02-25-2010, 07:44 PM
^ King of dicks

I'm complementing you, Monklish.

Monklish
No, you're not. You're complimenting me.

juloxx
You're not very good at being a dick. Some might even say you're dickless.

spoken from the master himself

Grant
02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
No, you're not. You're complimenting me.

Sorry typo

Monklish
02-25-2010, 07:53 PM
It's not a typo if you don't know the difference.

Grant
02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Complement = complementary color

Compliment = see above

shakermaker113
02-25-2010, 09:21 PM
at least we've got an argument going again.

theresalwaysone
02-25-2010, 09:29 PM
that was a scary couple of seconds.

amyzzz
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
hahaha to edward's sig.

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
supa fast

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
jellyfish

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 12:35 AM
superfast...

EDIT: March the 3rd 2010 in Japan (http://loyalkng.com/2010/02/21/gorillaz-album-plastic-beach-sneak-preview-teasers-instrumentals-release-date-march-3rd-march-9th/)... March 3rd

WhyTheLongFace
02-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Superfast Jellyfish>>Stylo

Still-ill
02-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Eh.

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 01:53 AM
i think theyre both pretty good. definitely getting a feel for plastic beach's sound now
`

GeezrRckr
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
superfast...

EDIT: March the 3rd 2010 in Japan (http://loyalkng.com/2010/02/21/gorillaz-album-plastic-beach-sneak-preview-teasers-instrumentals-release-date-march-3rd-march-9th/)... March 3rd

amazing that it hasn't leaked yet. wonder if it might this weekend or if will it be like joanna newsom and happen the day before official release (or whenever it turned out being).

amyzzz
02-26-2010, 06:38 AM
soooo cheesy, but I could get into it.

superfiction
02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
http://gorillaz.com/f/album-mix/

8 and a half minute overview of tracks from the album. as jacked from some other thread

EDIT: ok just listened to the whle thing and i am fucking STOKED. not what i was expecting at all. its crazy weird but it sounds like its gonna be fuckign awesome.

oh also its only like 5 tracks

Botrocker
02-26-2010, 09:57 AM
i think theyre both pretty good. definitely getting a feel for plastic beach's sound now
`

Yeah I couldn't have said it better.

FoxeyLady
02-26-2010, 10:11 AM
The chorus to Superfast sounds like a Coffee commercial jingle. But I think that's what they were going for... that megamix is awesome. I can't wait!!!

GeezrRckr
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
the last two songs on that mix are awesome. can't wait to hear the full versions.

leak already, dammit!

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
superfast...

Oh sweet... Monday...

In fact, starting March 1st, NPR will be streaming Plastic Beach in its entirety.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/02/26/gorillaz-debut-new-plastic-beach-track-superfast-jellyfish/

GnarVee
02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
nice. Im calln a leak BY sunday.

good lookn BS!

Whiskers
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh shit!

brando4n82
02-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Superfast Jellyfish>>Stylo

Not only this..

I am a Huge GOrillaz fan, and love just about every song they've every put out, including b-sides..

But Superfast Jellyfish is by far the worst Gorillaz song I've heard. It's really the only Gorillaz song I've heard and didnt like

WhyTheLongFace
02-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Not only this..

I am a Huge GOrillaz fan, and love just about every song they've every put out, including b-sides..

But Superfast Jellyfish is by far the worst Gorillaz song I've heard. It's really the only Gorillaz song I've heard and didnt like

Isnt it when you put "Not Only This" after something it means you're agreeing. Or am I confused?

Alchemy
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I dig the new track a lot. It makes me wish that Super Furry Animals was playing Coachella. Make it happen, Goldenvoice!

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 01:59 PM
when are we getting a music video?

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
The film for new single 'Stylo' was created by Jamie Hewlett and is set to appear for the first time ever on YouTube at 5am (GMT) on March 2.
http://www.nme.com/news/gorillaz/49975

GnarVee
02-26-2010, 02:06 PM
"Meanwhile, Gorillaz' human friend Damon Albarn revealed at yesterday's Shockwaves NME Awards that the band will be playing big UK gigs this year."

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 02:07 PM

thanks pumpkin :)

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
At least I got a smiley emoticon this time.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-26-2010, 02:24 PM
I listened to the full Apollo show while at work today.

It was awesome

superfiction
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
good to know that no matter what we'll be hearing the album in 3 days

stuporfly
02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
I actually bought the de-luxxxe edition on iTunes. I never do that shit.

summerkid
02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I love Stylo but I'm not sold on Superfast Jellyfish that much it kind of reminds me of MF DOOM. A cross between something off of Dangerdoom and Mmmmm Food

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 03:29 PM
I really like both of them, but I am clearly biased.

GeezrRckr
02-26-2010, 03:43 PM
BS, which is your greater than?

Orbital, LCD or Gorillaz?

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Gorillaz>LCD>Orbital

Gorillaz win over LCD because of my history with them. They are all so different though, so I'm not really sure how fair it is to compare them.

GeezrRckr
02-26-2010, 03:59 PM
i was just curious as you've been pretty vocal about all three.

shakermaker113
02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Not only this..

um. have you heard rock it? that was piece of fucking trash.

brando4n82
02-26-2010, 07:09 PM

yeah I hear ya..but definitely better than Jellyfish.

I will tell you however, that my favorite b-side is "faust"

brando4n82
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Isnt it when you put "Not Only This" after something it means you're agreeing. Or am I confused?

yes...it was I that was confused:confused:

GnarVee
02-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Gorillaz>LCD>Orbital

Gorillaz win over LCD because of my history with them. They are all so different though, so I'm not really sure how fair it is to compare them.

not to mention their fucking cartoons.

your formula is accurate.

BlackSwan
02-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I just listened to the megamix and it sounds great. The G-Club is finally open and accepting pre-orders...

THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR EXCLUSIVE G CLUB LIVE EVENTS AND THE CHANCE TO PRE-SALE GORILLAZ SHOW TICKETS*
G-Club members have opportunity to buy tickets for G-Club Exclusive events. Watch this space 8th March! Access to G-Club events are subject to availability.

Gorillaz live shows in the UK, EU and USA are planned in the next 12 months. When tour dates go on sale, G-club members get a chance to buy tickets in a special presale - ahead of the public on sale. Please be aware that while tickets are available at all price levels, all tickets are offered on a first come first served basis. Due to capacity limits, there is no guarantee that the price level or venue you are seeking will be available.

Events?

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 09:40 PM

What? No! I love that song! blahblahblahblah

JustSteve
02-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I just listened to the megamix and it sounds great. The G-Club is finally open and accepting pre-orders...

wonder what the toy is. i like toys.

ArcadeParade
02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
It took me a few listens too, but now I am really liking superfast jelly! I wonder if the tourdates will be announced after the end of the sale for their fanclub..hmm

FoxeyLady
02-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I like Stylo more...

ficklecycle
02-27-2010, 11:03 AM

Events?

It's weird isn't it? You figure they'd just mean Gorillaz shows, but then there's the whole "G CLUB LIVE EVENTS AND THE CHANCE TO PRE-SALE GORILLAZ SHOW TICKETS"

Guess well have to wait a few weeks.

ficklecycle
02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
BTW, that track after Stylo on the Megamix is fucking DOPE.

BlackSwan
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
wonder what the toy is. i like toys.

At first they said it was going to be the car, but now it's a mystery. Either way, I want one.

It's weird isn't it? You figure they'd just mean Gorillaz shows, but then there's the whole "G CLUB LIVE EVENTS AND THE CHANCE TO PRE-SALE GORILLAZ SHOW TICKETS"

Guess well have to wait a few weeks.

Ya, not sure what they have in the works, but I'm already sold. I joined as soon as I saw it was open.

BTW, that track after Stylo on the Megamix is fucking DOPE.

That track came up 4 or 5 pages back... It's "Rhinestone Eyes"... they teased it on one of the Pirate Radio installments, and it's been one of the tracks I'm most excited about hearing. It sounds stripped down, or at least taken from a different part of the song in section they played a couple weeks back...

c4aQPhbxuNA

Also, there's another Stylo trailer:

KSZ2GGh2ToE

GnarVee
02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
The CGI versions of 2-D & MURDOC (noodle in the back?) got me all giggidy bout holograms again.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Bob Loblaw
02-27-2010, 01:34 PM
not to mention their fucking cartoons.

your formula is accurate.

The CGI versions of 2-D & MURDOC (noodle in the back?) got me all giggidy bout holograms again.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

What is it with you and the cartoons? Get over it. It's the stupidest fucking gimmick ever.

Still-ill
02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
What is it with you and the cartoons? Get over it. It's the stupidest fucking gimmick ever.

Is your profile supposed to assume the role of a lawyer of sorts?

brando4n82
02-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Is your profile supposed to assume the role of a lawyer of sorts?

C'mon Doood!

Bob Loblaw!

first time I saw that character I could not stop laughing

brando4n82
I'm just waiting to see this thread jump like 5 pages... I WANT PLASTIC BEACH!

GeezrRckr
it's an alias. i have my suspicions as to whose.

brando4n82
02-27-2010, 01:59 PM
it's an alias. i have my suspicions as to whose.

well duhhhhh

It's a good alias nonetheless

GeezrRckr
02-27-2010, 02:16 PM
good name..as for it being a good alias, that remains to be seen. i still don't understand the whole alias phenomenon though.

brando4n82
02-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Well you know, if you have an alias, you can use it to post the most dumbfounded, idiotic, malicious things, to say the least, and the worst that can happened is it can be inderectly linked to your main username...Everybody wins!

ArcadeParade
02-27-2010, 03:37 PM
mmm that stylo vid snippet gets me excited

ZackQ
02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
mmm that stylo vid snippet gets me excited

Sexually?

ArcadeParade
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
lol mm, no? maybe by april though

weeklymix
02-27-2010, 04:36 PM
This megamix is very, very fun.

dorkfish
02-27-2010, 05:03 PM
amazon has 30-second clips up of each track:

http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Beach-Gorillaz/dp/B0035G9ABQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1267286838&sr=8-1

weeklymix
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Do you recommend listening or would it be better to wait?

Gribbz
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm waiting. This album mix is enough.

dorkfish
02-27-2010, 05:11 PM
if you LOVE song intros and 2 seconds of lyrics, go for it.

weeklymix
02-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Well I do hate anything that's not presented in snippets.

dorkfish
02-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Barnes and Noble has different previews: http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Plastic-Beach/Gorillaz/e/5099962754729/?itm=8&USRI=gorillaz

So does this German site: http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Gorillaz-Plastic-Beach-CD-DVD/hnum/9396980

I listened to all three clips for tracks that I was curious about. They don't suck, so that's nice. Snoop's rap is pretty silly.

And now I know what Lou Reed, etc are doing.

superfiction
02-27-2010, 06:00 PM

the whole thing will be streaming in a few days. just be patient

sbessiso
02-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Im not listening to any of it, if that matters. Im not even listening to the megamix. I want the album in my hands goddammit

*robot voice* superfast jellyfish supafast jellyfish

superfiction
02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
its tough not to listen i scoped the megamix and dont feel bad about it. not gonna do the snippets though if i can

SydChaplin25
02-28-2010, 02:25 AM
FUCK THA GORILLAZ!

sbessiso
02-28-2010, 03:22 AM
its tough not to listen i scoped the megamix and dont feel bad about it. not gonna do the snippets though if i can

surprisingly easy for me, and I usually cave in first. But I HAVE been listening to Stylo and SFJF on a loop now

Why dont we look at sexy Damon to pass the time?

http://www.manchestereventsguide.co.uk/img/full/pop/damon-albarn-feature.jpg

TallGuyCM
02-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Have you even gone to bed tonight?

weeklymix
02-28-2010, 03:27 AM
^ No. What helps people sleep other than drugs?

On topic: So many crafty fakes of Plastic Beach out there.

sbessiso
02-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Have you even gone to bed tonight?

http://googlyeyed.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/1128960493_damon12.jpg

weeklymix
02-28-2010, 03:41 AM
http://productshopnyc.com/htdocs/damon.jpg

shakermaker113
02-28-2010, 09:22 AM
don't do that.

shotglass75
02-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Albarn's a fucking genius for being able to keep this thing from leaking.

sbessiso
02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
don't do that.

Do what?

http://www.tattletart.com/wp-content/2007/12/damon-albarn.jpg

shakermaker113
02-28-2010, 11:21 AM
fine. I'll join in.

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs184.snc1/6132_105416141115_628976115_2561877_4289629_n.jpg

GnarVee
02-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Albarn's a fucking genius for being able to keep this thing from leaking.

seriously. a rare talent.

GeezrRckr
02-28-2010, 01:28 PM
i just listened to the radio rips. you were right, BS, rhinestone eyes is really good. and, it was great hearing snoop on plastic beach. but, i gotta say...stylo is, by far, still my favorite jam on the album (from the tracks i've heard...i even love the alex metric rmx).

i'm getting very pumped for their set on sunday. i may be setting myself up, but my gut tells me that it's going to be very memorable.

GrossMagic
02-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Favorite so far.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0t8da7FAiho&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0t8da7FAiho&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GnarVee
02-28-2010, 02:21 PM
^wow.

that track is AWESOME.

that desert bounce.

brando4n82
02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
GAAHHH!!!!

I just went on What.cd and Saw GORILLAZ - PLASTICBEACH.........MEGAMIX.

goddamnit

gmoneyak
02-28-2010, 02:28 PM
"White Flag" was posted on the Gorillaz FB page for about 10 minutes, then mysteriously disappeared.

I liked what I heard, it had a long orchestrated intro and rhymes from Kano. I'm thinking the video will reappear on Youtube soon.

digitaldragon03
02-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Rhinestone Eyes is fucking amazing. So sweaty.

FoxeyLady
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
The KCRW stream supposed to be up tomorrow right?

gmoneyak
02-28-2010, 03:55 PM
"Welcome to the World Of The Plastic Beach" , "Rhinestone Eyes" and "White Flag" streaming here :

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2010/2/28/stream-gorillaz-welcome-to-the-world-of-the-plastic-beach-x.html

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-28-2010, 04:35 PM
"Welcome to the World Of The Plastic Beach" , "Rhinestone Eyes" and "White Flag" streaming here :

http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2010/2/28/stream-gorillaz-welcome-to-the-world-of-the-plastic-beach-x.html

Yesssssss. Thanks dude.

brando4n82
02-28-2010, 05:16 PM
*sigh*

Ok, you probably will all think I'm crazy, but I've been trying to find a gorillaz song that I had on a burned cd when the Selftitled album came out. My buddy burned the selftitled album for me, and it had like 2 remixes of clint eastwood and 19200, and it had a song, that featured del, and he rapped about being in this house and the cops trying to bust in, and the chorus had something about "money stacks" or stacks of money or something....cant find any info on a third del song though..

And yes..it was definitely del, and it sounded like nothing But a Gorillaz song.

I Never dl anything off piratebay, but this one torrent claims to have like 46 unreleased remixes and songs that cant be found on gorillaz album..so my hunt continues

Does ANYone know what the hell im talking about :(

shakermaker113
02-28-2010, 09:19 PM
some of the deltron 3030 stuff sounds a lot like gorillaz. have you heard that album? if not try that.

GnarVee
02-28-2010, 09:21 PM
*sigh*

Ok, you probably will all think I'm crazy, but I've been trying to find a Kelly Clarkson song that I had on a burned cd when the Selftitled album came out.

fixed.

bmack86
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
You couldn't have at least chosen an artist that had released music at the same time as the original Gorillaz album?

shakermaker113
02-28-2010, 09:42 PM
oooh. I like white flag a lot.

I wonder what guests are going to show up to coachella. and what guests are going to be at the "exclusive appearances" beyond that... oooh the possibilities.