PDA

View Full Version : The one band/dj/musician that WILL do 2010

SDsoldier7
05-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Since 07 i have been able to call out at least one artist that will most definately be invited to coachella. 08 i called out Aphex Twin, This year i called out Atmosphere. For 2010, the sure shot invitee will be Dj Spinna.

Kid B
05-13-2009, 05:56 AM
White Stripes WILL headline Friday next year.

gaypalmsprings
05-13-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm not going if there is only one band/dj/musician.

frozen pilgrim
05-13-2009, 06:48 AM
yeah, the difference here between 'one' and 'THE one' is crucial

SDsoldier7
05-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I would also have to think that either Depche Mode or Pearl Jam will also headline one day next year

IlliniQ
05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
I would also have to think that either Depche Mode or Pearl Jam will also headline one day next year

Will someone please explain to me the appeal of Depeche Mode...they've always struck me as a cheesy third rate MTV-era band like fellow brethren INXS, Love and Rockets, Crowded House, etc., with a discography of dubious quality that's the lesser of at least 50% of all acts to have played Coachella the last five years.

Not that this makes them much different than the Killers or Jack Johnson...but still, why are they so celebrated with such a large following today and landing these frequent Headliner stints? I came of age in their heyday and nobody was paying much attention then. What Happened?

flowbee
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Will someone please explain to me the appeal of Depeche Mode...they've always struck me as a cheesy third rate MTV-era band like fellow brethren INXS, Love and Rockets, Crowded House, etc., with a discography of dubious quality that's the lesser of at least 50% of all acts to have played Coachella the last five years.

Wow you'll have to explain that statement in a little more detail. But as they say, opinions are like assholes.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
The Strokes.

JustSteve
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Since 07 i have been able to call out at least one artist that will most definately be invited to coachella. 08 i called out Aphex Twin, This year i called out Atmosphere. For 2010, the sure shot invitee will be Dj Spinna.

Im 2/2. Sort of gives me a reaffirmation that me and coachella are on the same page. Who would you guess? you can only pick one.

wow! you named 2 out of 200+ acts. that impresses you? you are the swami.

mittens4kittens
05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Craze and Klever!

nbvwes
05-26-2009, 01:57 AM
Craze and Klever!

ah beat me to it!

yeah i think i called a couple dozen the last year or two, and at this point that's the only one i'd call for sure... well, and Lucent Dossier

i'll just throw this out there though, as who i actually think will play:
Daft Punk
Blur
Stone Roses