PDA

View Full Version : The Fugees rockin the whole "THe Score" album

SDsoldier7
05-12-2009, 01:01 PM
this would be nice imo. seeing lauryn hill do killing me softly on the polo fields at sunset in 2010...i would die and go to heaven right there

Distorted_Jungle
05-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I actually already made a thread about this try searching for the fugees and see what comes up. The discussion ended with the fact that Lauren Hill is a psycho racist that Wyclef and Pras have realized that they never want to work with again after they did Block Party with Dave Chapelle.

dantoro
05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
will never happen
Lauren Hill hates white people no matter how much they love her

sorry

BlackSwan
05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Her voice is also shot from smoking.

frazzles
05-15-2009, 06:34 PM
I almost made this thread today.

Will never happen, though.

CrimesceneCookie
05-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't get what was ever so special about The Fugees, but then again, I'm white.

Mahlberg23
05-23-2009, 09:58 PM
The Fugees would be awesome, but I agree that it probably will never happen again. I have seen Wyclef recently and he would be good for a set on the outdoor theatre.

vinylmartyr
05-23-2009, 10:22 PM
That album was good but they would just ruin our memories of it.

SoulDischarge
05-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't get what was ever so special about The Fugees, but then again, I'm white.

gv-0B-V-JpM

WhyTheLongFace
05-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I hate when any rap artist is nominated for the wish list it's always
"performing their 1st album and that only" like they don't have a great overall body of work.

AlexBlewHimB4U
05-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Will never happen. However, if it did, my fucking heart would stop.

victhebrick21
05-25-2009, 10:39 PM
"performing their 1st album and that only" like they don't have a great overall body of work.

From what I believe they only have 2 albums!

Oh yeah Camron sucks!!!

WhyTheLongFace
05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
will never happen
Lauren Hill hates white people no matter how much they love her

sorry

People still ignorantly believe this?

SDsoldier7
05-31-2009, 08:33 PM

its hard for any artist, rap or not, to escape from the box that was created from their first album. this is what seperates the good from the great. as for hip hop and their whole body of work that they have complted, i really only appreciate a few. the few being: outkast, the roots, pharoh monch, mf doom, aesop rock, and del (im sure i missed a few). all the other artists have fallen off somewhat or are drifting to another style that im not digging. atmosphere being one of them.

Distorted_Jungle
06-01-2009, 06:41 AM
People still ignorantly believe this?

Yes people still believe this because it is true. Lauren Hill has openly said that she doesn't like white people, and if i remember correctly she home schools her kids because she doesn't want them to learn white subjects that don't teach them anything about her history.

WhyTheLongFace
06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes people still believe this because it is true. Lauren Hill has openly said that she doesn't like white people, and if i remember correctly she home schools her kids because she doesn't want them to learn white subjects that don't teach them anything about her history.

Please show me this. I love to see this quote and not heresay.

What I do remember is a rumor that said Lauryn would rather have her children starve than white people buy her music. And she went on Howard Stern a few weeks later and killed the rumor. And the 2nd part I would also like to see a quote but it doesn't matter because there isn't anything wrong with that. If you got all you knowledge from K-12 History books the only black people you would know is Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and George Washington Carver so I don't see how homeschooling your children to learn more about black history makes one racist.

Distorted_Jungle
06-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Please show me this. I love to see this quote and not heresay.

What I do remember is a rumor that said Lauryn would rather have her children starve than white people buy her music. And she went on Howard Stern a few weeks later and killed the rumor. And the 2nd part I would also like to see a quote but it doesn't matter because there isn't anything wrong with that. If you got all you knowledge from K-12 History books the only black people you would know is Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, and George Washington Carver so I don't see how homeschooling your children to learn more about black history makes one racist.

The comment or rumor about her children starving rather than white people buying her music was the comment i was talking about, i didn't know she went on Howard Stern and cleared that up as a rumor. I'm not saying i wouldn't love for this to happen, racist or not i would be at that stage for the entire set. All i am saying is that it wont happen because after Block Party and the few shows after that pras was quoted saying, "Before I work with Lauryn Hill again, you will have a better chance of seeing Osama Bin Laden and George W. Bush in Starbucks having a latte, discussing foreign policies, before there will be a Fugees reunion". So don't get your hopes up for a Fugees reunion.

WhyTheLongFace
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
The comment or rumor about her children starving rather than white people buying her music was the comment i was talking about, i didn't know she went on Howard Stern and cleared that up as a rumor. I'm not saying i wouldn't love for this to happen, racist or not i would be at that stage for the entire set. All i am saying is that it wont happen because after Block Party and the few shows after that pras was quoted saying, "Before I work with Lauryn Hill again, you will have a better chance of seeing Osama Bin Laden and George W. Bush in Starbucks having a latte, discussing foreign policies, before there will be a Fugees reunion". So don't get your hopes up for a Fugees reunion.

This is why I say ignorantly believe. Some one hears something and goes "Damn fucking lauryn hill is a racist" instead of going "Oh really? I'm a look that up and if it's true I lose respect for her"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDaG9Zz7J0Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDaG9Zz7J0Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Distorted_Jungle
06-03-2009, 06:55 AM
This is why I say ignorantly believe. Some one hears something and goes "Damn fucking lauryn hill is a racist" instead of going "Oh really? I'm a look that up and if it's true I lose respect for her"

Yeah i probably should have looked into it but never cared much because either way i love Lauren Hills music. Rock the Bells '06 if i'm not mistaken, Lauren Hill came out and killed it by herself and it was awesome so i guess since the fugees arent ever comming back i can atleast say i've seen her.

dorkfish
06-03-2009, 02:04 PM
For anyone that wants Lauryn Hill near Coachella:

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10587

Find a positive review from a show she's played in the last few years:
"i went to this concert. i was a huge fan. she was horrible. i left during the 4th song. it was heart breaking."

"went to the concert! Pissed for waiting for 3 hours. She came on around 10pm. first half was terrible. there were a lot of silenced gaps between songs. and the 12 band back-up overpowered her already cracked and raspy voice."

GoreFen
09-07-2009, 12:58 AM
If it did happen I would be so psyched. Inanity and all.

Valikie22
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
If it did happen I would be so psyched. Inanity and all.

Glad to read such a nice piece of information.
This is exciting news.
what a great info, thanks.
property asset project | document internet management software (http://internetmanagementsoftware.org)Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software (http://internetmanagementsoftware.org)