PDA

View Full Version : Fischerspooner dates...

DJdharma
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Fischerspooner are doing some west coast shows through May. They'll be hitting San Diego, Anaheim, Irvine, then up to San Francisco, and back to Hollywood on Saturday May 23. I'll be catching the Hollywood show at the Avalon. Warren, Casey, and crew are bringing the full show with all the costumes, dancers, and props that make Fischerspooner shows a experience.

betao
05-09-2009, 06:46 AM
They're in DC tomorrow night. I really should go. But it's just not in the cards.

gaypalmsprings
05-09-2009, 06:58 AM
http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a7/52/23fb_1.JPG

gaypalmsprings
05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
http://www.timeoutsydney.com.au/clubs/large-fischerspooner.jpg

westcoastpirate
05-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Has anyone seen them or have links to reviews of their shows from the most recent tour? I'll be at the show in San Francisco.

BlackSwan
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Fischerspooner Live Music Hall Williamsburg NYC May 7th 2009

WT0C1M-2464

daft$tar
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
im going to the LA show

the new record is just ok...

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
The new album is pretty meh...

That video is unfortunate.

rage patton
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
"I always fail. Spectacularly."

fikus222
05-09-2009, 04:24 PM
My wife really wanted to see them in Seattle, but then TCM and The Prodigy came up and we chose USC.12 instead. Now, after seeing that video we don't feel all that bad about missing Fischerspooner's show.

westcoastpirate
05-09-2009, 11:33 PM
That video is a bummer, hopefully they get it worked out before they make it out west.

DJdharma
05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
That video is a bummer, hopefully they get it worked out before they make it out west.

Yeah, I hope they got it together by then. Saw them in 2004 in Anaheim at HOB. Great show. Full band. The new album is just o.k., but i'm hoping that the new stuff will be great in a live performance.

westcoastpirate
05-11-2009, 07:33 PM
The scary thing is that Fischerspooner did 3 warmup shows in NY before heading out on the tour and they're still screwing up. I hope the venue is to blame for that screwup in the video.

PassiveTheory
05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm going to the SF show because I actually have a ride to a show in SF for once...

DJdharma
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I've got 2 extra tickets for the Saturday, May 23 show at the Avalon in Hollywood. If anyone is interested in buying these, check out the Fischerspooner thread in TICKETS.
I just found out they will be playing a DJ set after-party at a new bar called Madame Royale in Hollywood.

airguitarvet
05-12-2009, 08:25 PM
^ can i haazfor free

Derekx
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
They have the 2 for 1 deal going on until 10 tonight for the House of Blues show in Anaheim. Too bad I'm broke.

DJdharma
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
^ can i haazfor free

Um, itz gonna costz ya some cheezburgerzz!

FurtherDownTheRabbitHole
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
that video REALLY worries me for the west coast dates.

JorgeC
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
i got some 2 for 1 luv for the Anaheim show. I have a friend that caught the Philly show and said it was great. I like the new CD, not as good as the first CD, but I like it better than Odyssey. Have you heard the Dance in France remixes?

DJdharma
05-13-2009, 05:16 PM
i got some 2 for 1 luv for the Anaheim show. I have a friend that caught the Philly show and said it was great. I like the new CD, not as good as the first CD, but I like it better than Odyssey. Have you heard the Dance in France remixes?

I heard some song off a Kitsune Maison compilation. I would imagine with FS being on Kitsune now there will be some great remixes coming out.
Glad to hear they got the kinks worked out. Heard there was an issue with Casey performing Emerge in London recently. Saw a you tube video. Has anyone heard about that?

westcoastpirate
05-20-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm going to the SF show because I actually have a ride to a show in SF for once...

Going to the Fischerspooner show Friday as well, then going to try and book it to the Mezzanine to catch Ghostland.

johnnypolite
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Their show in Dallas was terrific. Although the opening band SSION were very obnoxious.

mistdevil
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
ANAHEIM TOMORROW WOOT!!! DJ SET SATURDAY IN LA!!!

mistdevil
05-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Going to the Fischerspooner show Friday as well, then going to try and book it to the Mezzanine to catch Ghostland.

youll love ghostland, they killed it at the fonda last year.

westcoastpirate
05-21-2009, 06:35 AM
youll love ghostland, they killed it at the fonda last year.

I've seen Ghostland 4 times, but only in a festival setting, so looking forward to seeing them in a club.

nationocean
05-21-2009, 09:53 AM
they've been playing this whole week, i've heard they are getting better. i sure hope so.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-21-2009, 10:29 AM
ghostland gonna be so ill

JorgeC
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Fischerspooner over to GLO...epic! I'm going tonight to Anaheim, after the mixed reviews, i'm hesitant, but if it goes well i'll probably go again on Saturday to the Avalon show.

shakermaker113
05-21-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm tempted to do that too, but I'm concerned that fischerspooner might suck.

Devin the Dude
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
fischerspooner will never suck. there are too many redeeming factors for any one little factor they could have fucked up. i mean, it's not just a performance. it's a fashion-burlesque as well as a show. can't go wrong with burlesque.

JorgeC
05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Last night in Anaheim definitely did NOT suck, there was one malfunction during the 2nd song where his mic turned off so for about 10 seconds everyone was like WTF, but after that is was pure joy. Not enough dancing in the crowd until they got to "Emerge" (fuckin typical...gotta hear the "hit" to dance...) but it started getting pretty hott in thurr when he did the last minute of Danse en France as a remix. The mirror did get on my nerves a bit when the light reflected right into my eyes. I thought the costumes and "dancing"/burlesque were exquisite. Only lasted an hour though =o(

Oh, and was it just me or does Fischerspooner attract a lot of bears?? I couldn't walk 2 feet without bumping into a dude with a beard and a lisp (j/k about the lisp...or am i...)

PassiveTheory
05-23-2009, 01:50 AM
You might want to ask someone else's opinion of tonight's show instead of me since my time during the performance mainly consisted of elbowing the fuck out of people who kept on getting in the way of my dancing or trying to push up to the rail (I was 1 row back behind a trio of friends I knew).

It's funny, the thing I get "scolded" about concerning all age's shows are that kids don't know how to behave at shows. The reality is drunk, 50 year old midget latina chicks don't know how to fucking behave at shows. Fischerspooner is a fucking dance act, you don't just lean on people when they're trying to dance I don't care how goddamned fucked up you are. Same goes for getting angry when taller people use your head as an elbow rest when you've completely cut off that side of their body.

Back to the actual performance... I think Casey has a soft spot for San Francisco, and I think he put his heart into the performance. There was only one minor malfunction, where one of the dancers spat water onto one of the monitors, but they recovered quickly. Apparently there were some wardrobe malfunctions as a result of the quick get-up changes, but I really didn't notice them (my friends pointed these out).

Also, OrganicArma and Sscion who opened for Fischerspooner are two promising young electronic bands that I think many people on here (especially for Sscion who are all kinds of crazy) would enjoy.

DJdharma
05-24-2009, 07:54 PM
ANAHEIM TOMORROW WOOT!!! DJ SET SATURDAY IN LA!!!

So how was the DJ set in LA? They played at Madame Royale, no? How was Madame Royale?

westcoastpirate
05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
You might want to ask someone else's opinion of tonight's show instead of me since my time during the performance mainly consisted of elbowing the fuck out of people who kept on getting in the way of my dancing or trying to push up to the rail (I was 1 row back behind a trio of friends I knew).

It's funny, the thing I get "scolded" about concerning all age's shows are that kids don't know how to behave at shows. The reality is drunk, 50 year old midget latina chicks don't know how to fucking behave at shows. Fischerspooner is a fucking dance act, you don't just lean on people when they're trying to dance I don't care how goddamned fucked up you are. Same goes for getting angry when taller people use your head as an elbow rest when you've completely cut off that side of their body.

Back to the actual performance... I think Casey has a soft spot for San Francisco, and I think he put his heart into the performance. There was only one minor malfunction, where one of the dancers spat water onto one of the monitors, but they recovered quickly. Apparently there were some wardrobe malfunctions as a result of the quick get-up changes, but I really didn't notice them (my friends pointed these out).

Also, OrganicArma and Sscion who opened for Fischerspooner are two promising young electronic bands that I think many people on here (especially for Sscion who are all kinds of crazy) would enjoy.

I didn't notice the screw up as much, because it seemed like that was part of the stage show; when all the dancers spit water on the crowd.

I did notice the pushy people, especially all the gay boys. Man, don't try to squeeze up front for the last 20 minutes of the set.