PDA

View Full Version : White Stripes for 2010

theanteater
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
looks like they're making a new album. Should be done next year Jack says. If that's the case it's almost a no brainer they'll headline one night next year :)

http://pitchfork.com/news/35274-jack-white-speaks-on-the-state-of-the-white-stripes/

murmur741
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
good enough for me.

FoxeyLady
05-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Just saw that. One of my favorite acts that I have never seen.

Headliners?

shermanoaksyo
05-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Just saw that. One of my favorite acts that I have never seen.

Headliners?

Headliners.

Egull
05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Downsies.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
White Stripes = undoubtedly headliners. I would enjoy this.

sbessiso
05-07-2009, 08:36 PM
HEAD

LINERS.

Rail that shiiiit

Kid B
05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
White Stripes for 2010. They better be there.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM
White Stripes / Raconteurs / Dead Weather for 2010

Kid B
05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
And whatever new projects Jack has by then.

sbessiso
05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't forget the JW DJ Set

Kid B
05-07-2009, 09:27 PM
They should put Meg on lead guitar...

sbessiso
05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
:nono

Kid B
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/46HgqTzQ_co&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/46HgqTzQ_co&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I remember seeing this on the Grammys when I had just been getting into them. The next day I went out and bought Elephant and the rest is history. Definately one of my favorite bands. I STILL havn't seen them live. Please, Coachella 2010.

sbessiso
05-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Kid B, the exact same thing happened to me. That Grammys performance was like nothing ive ever seen. I was a fan already but that changed my life. I vividly remember it like it was yesterday and I never remember anything. The next day I just had to watch it online. Over and Over again

Kid B
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
It changed me. I watched it over and over again online also. If they headline a day next year I may have to end up camping out at main stage. I want to be front row center for this shiit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4GwKCCzd3RI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4GwKCCzd3RI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sbessiso
05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Ill be right there with you buddy. Did that for Bonnaroo and its still my number one show to date

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
It just dawned on me that I have to save my money so I can see this band as many times as I can next year.

Im not the same person I was in 07, I understand my priorities now

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
id watch em.

especially if they play my doorbell

or9dkTNf_eo

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
When I saw them in South Carolina they did My Doorbell on guitar and it just kicked my ass.

I love this thread

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I love this thread

this thread loves you little bear

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
:cat

Sorry I missed the Bear Gaggle at Fucked Up. I just you know, kind of hate that music.

This is still my number one show. Although I feel a Coachella set just might be able to top it

h_6PINc2Xbo

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 07:07 PM
dont worry there are more bear gaggles. we also monopolized a large area right in front of the sound booth on sunday night for yeah yeah yeahs/MBV/cure

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Really? I was there! Were you left or right? I was on the right

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
right. literally right underneath the projector.

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Hmm I dont know how I missed you guys during YYYs and MBV. I was right there. Ohh well

I cried during the cure. Like tears down my cheeks. True story

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 07:12 PM
i ran away from the crowd to lay down and watching lights at the back of the cure in the little tent thing. the e kicked in all crazy.

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I was tripping for the cure and also wayy fried from all the E I did for the killers the night before. I couldnt take anymore, I definitely burned a hole in my brain for the killers :pulse

THIS MUST HAPPEN AT COACHELLA

JOjyURPJBjY

Kid B
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFce5O-Z26U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFce5O-Z26U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
that song is ninth grade for me. the whole album is. The video is fucking great too

Kid B
05-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Arn't all White Stripes videos?

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I was just gunna say that! Get out of my head!!

Kid B
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
No.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWe-7Cm1GHg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWe-7Cm1GHg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I still have never heard this song live. This one is senior year for me

CS8Y9kLsyCo

Kid B
05-08-2009, 07:54 PM
That song rules.

The truth well you know there's no stoppin' it
And the boat well ya know she's still rockin' it

The boat ya you know she's still rockin' it
And the truth ya you know there's no stoppin' it

That album just rules from beginning to end.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKntY8WkNYQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QKntY8WkNYQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Remember hearing this for the first time on the radio? I do :)

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I didnt hear it on the radio, but I sure do remember when it first leaked. I put it on my ipod and just keep listening and listening and listening. My friend and I made a "dance" to it and we would just crank it, this was back in 05 I believe?

Somehow, through all of our euphoria, excitement and mushroomness we remembered to do the "dance" when they played the song at Bonnaroo 07. Amazing

How amazing is this cover?

zskw3mCQFL4

Jack performs it with so much raw intensity and emotion you'd really believe he was begging this chick to leave his man alone

Kid B
05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Ha, that's awesome. I should make a dance for their next single and remember to do it when they play Coachella. Yes, their cover of Jolene is incredible. That seems like it would be a really powerful song live. They'd be so much fun to see though. Here's another one of my favorites.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/moSYKuZ7mxY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/moSYKuZ7mxY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sbessiso
05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Ahhhh!!! I love Little Cream Soda so much!!! That song just rocks so fucking hard.

Have you ever seen them Kid B? I saw them twice, once at Roo then again a couple months later in SC. One thing that JW did at that SC show that I didnt like is he would start a song and play maybe a verse of it then go into another song. Some people might like that but I want to hear the whole thing!

So I only got to hear parts of songs like Take, Take, Take or Little Cream Soda. That shit gave me mad blue balls. But then again he also played all of "The Union Forever" and it was intense.

This was the first time I ever heard this song. Icky Thump was scheduled to be released two days after this performance. It was HAUNTING

1Mw50AWG31Y

Also,

Maybe they'll finally play "Conquest" live at Coachella????

Kid B
05-08-2009, 08:48 PM
I've never seen them live unfortunately but I've always wanted to. Unfortunately, I was only able to go to Friday of Roo 07 for some weird reason which is how I missed out on a bunch of bands I wanted to see (The White Stripes played Saturday or Sunday I think) A lot of bands have done the "song teasers" thing when I see them and it's fun but bugs me. They seem to enjoy torturing us like that. Bonnaroo looks/sounds like an unbelievable show though. Wow. Would have LOVED to been there and sooo bummed about missing Roo this year. I've been going every year for the past three years (still making it to that one day in 07) and I love that festival so much. So great, but I'm going to be out of the country during it this year. It hurts looking at the lineup (specifically the last U.S NIN show) and knowing i'm going to miss it this year but at least I'll be experiencing my first Lolla this year in exchange. But anyway, back to more White Stripes. While we're talking about Icky Thump.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGUIMK8K6dg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGUIMK8K6dg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

summerkid
05-09-2009, 11:51 AM
i need to see them. Whichever festival they play I'm there.

see my sig.

condenser
05-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm new to the WS (besides hearing the singles). What record would you recommend to start on?

NicoDread
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
White Blood Cells

ZackQ
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
This makes perfect sense, and hopefully they'd fill the "slightly mainstream" headliner roll that GV has gunned for lately.

JustSteve
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm new to the WS (besides hearing the singles). What record would you recommend to start on?

try and find a download of the audio from "under blackpool lights", it is seriously an amazing intro to the band in its best setting.

JebusLives
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd also go White Blood Cells, although i'm sure you will get Elephant recommendations.

sbessiso
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd say White Blood Cells only because that was my introduction too. But I was an angsty ninth grader at the time

sbessiso
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
So i'm just gunna go ahead and say it

Hotel Yorba is possible my least favorite song of theirs. At least of the ones they refuse to remove from their set lists. I would be fine if I never had to hear that song again ever

Kid B
05-11-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/white_stripes_could_return_in_2010.html

In 2007, The White Stripes cut short their tour in support of Icky Thump when Meg White was diagnosed with "acute anxiety." Now Jack White has explained the circumstances surrounding her troubles in a new interview, and he says the duo should be active again by 2010.

Speaking to Music Radar, Jack said that the band was trying to do too much around the release of Icky Thump. There wasn't enough rehearsal time before the tour and "my son was being born, so we didn't have a lot of time left. We were trying to cram everything into a short time span, and we were just plowin', man!"

He continued, "We were playing two shows a day in Canada, then we'd fly to France and do a TV show there, then we were back in England on tour, and we were just killin' it, man. The train was out of control. I just came from a Raconteurs tour and went right into that, so I was already full-speed. Meg had come from a dead-halt for a year and went right back into that madness. Meg is a very shy girl, a very quiet and shy person. To go full-speed from a dead-halt is overwhelming, and we had to take a break."

White added, "We just needed to stop for a while. When it comes down to your health... It's hard; people don't really understand. They think you go up on stage and you're having a blast, like you're partying or some shit. That's not the case. It's hard work to go on tour."

He told Music Radar that the Stripes should begin recording new material later this year, as White is devoting his summer to his newest project, The Dead Weather. A new White Stripes album "won't be too far off. Maybe next year."

The Dead Weather's debut album, Horehound, is due out on June 9 and the band is expected to tour throughout the summer.

Thanks for the report to FMQB.com.

sbessiso
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Im not one to take her side but I totally understand and im glad they both feel ready to melt faces in 2010.

unitedwestand
05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
and the indie kids will dream their dreams for forever

ArcadeParade
05-12-2009, 04:17 AM
Yes to this!

I hope their DVD includes footage of their whacky every-province-hitting Canadian tour!

sbessiso
05-13-2009, 06:11 AM
So this thread got me to start listening to the white stripes again. As I was listening I kept imagining how amazing their set at Coachella next year would be but I couldnt shake the one question:

Can they actually headline?

My initial response is YES THEY CAN. But obviously thats a biased answer so I kept thinking, trying to back it up. Looking at all the past Coachella headliners they're all artists who have well established themselves (check), have a strong, solid fanbase (check), play really big venues (???), sold millions of albums in the US (???). But what IS a Coachella headliner? Its gotta be someone that can really pack them in and im wondering if the white stripes can do that. Im thinking if its maybe one of their first live shows back then it could be a headliner but I dont know so I turn to you guys for some answers.

And before you mention the killers, I know theyre only 3 albums in but theyre fucking POPULAR. And theyre playing sold out arenas on this entire tour.

I just dont want to see TWS get a shitty hour or hour and five as a subheadliner when they deserve much more

sbessiso
05-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Also, I fucking LOVE THIS SONG. I didnt think they played it live. So jealous

e2Uye221Q0U

And I know that TWS sold out MSG which is definitely a big venue but My Morning Jacket and Kings of Leon sold that place out too and they most certainly cannot headline Coachella (and I LOVE MMJ). I saw TWS at a House of Blues on that same tour

summerkid
05-13-2009, 09:26 AM
The white stripes were playing arenas on their icky thump tour. They were supposed to play the Forum in los angeles and they were originally going to play on the bay in san diego but it got moved to Cricket which is where usually the big acts play when they play San Diego. Radiohead played there, depeche mode is playing there, coldplay is playing there etc. I think its the largest venue we have here.

sbessiso
05-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Ahh really? I didnt know that I was just thinking that I saw them at a House of Blues and that they probably played those type of venues everywhere minus MSG.

They also brought in a pretty good crowd at Bonnaroo. I just really need this band to return

AlecEiffel
05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
So i'm just gunna go ahead and say it

Hotel Yorba is possible my least favorite song of theirs. At least of the ones they refuse to remove from their set lists. I would be fine if I never had to hear that song again ever

No way man, Hotel Yorba rules. They should play it twice every night.

unitedwestand
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
mmmmokmmmmmk. this is how it should go peoples.
Coachella 2010 Main Stage:
Deadweather>Raconteurs>White Stripes>Jack white turning into an alien

esy191
05-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Nothing beats White Stripes circa 2003. Absolute top of their game. I'm very grateful that I got to see them then at the Greek.

I remember watching this performance on TV and being totally blown away. This is not your average everyday late night talk show music performance. This is some raw next level shit:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xplo6_the-white-stripes_music

sbessiso
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
That whole week they did on Conan was fucking glorious

EDIT

ahhhhh I love the part where JW plays the guitar on Conans desk

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
qzCLSKwo7dA

fatbastard
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Meg? .....Meg? .....Meg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Meg!!!!!

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
:nono ^^^

vLxwK1x4wRQ

fatbastard
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Ahhhhhh. Hmmmmmm. I can't tell if she is right handed or left handed. She doesn't seem to lead off one.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. I don't watch her that closely

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Nothing beats White Stripes circa 2003. Absolute top of their game. I'm very grateful that I got to see them then at the Greek.

I remember watching this performance on TV and being totally blown away. This is not your average everyday late night talk show music performance. This is some raw next level shit:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xplo6_the-white-stripes_music
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

wow. We need them BACK ASAP.

amyzzz
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
And I love Meg's hair and the sly looks she gives Jack. GOLDEN.

sbessiso
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I cant wait to camp out at the mainstage with you next year, Mrs.Z. Timing our acid drops and everything :pulse

frazzles
05-14-2009, 01:47 PM
So I was whatever about them being at Coachella next year.

After this thread, I want it to happen. FUCKING MAKE IT HAPPEN!

sbessiso
05-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Acetaminophen!!
you see the medicine! oh girl

sbessiso
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
YES!!

The upcoming White Stripes tour documentary-- yes, the one chronicling their ambitious 2007 Canadian tour that we told you about extensively just yesterday--now has a title.

It will be called The White Stripes: Under Great White Northern Lights, according to a National Post story (via TwentyFourBit). The title makes sense considering the band's strict color scheme and the fact their their previous live DVD was called Under Blackpool Lights. Now they just need to play a show in the middle of the Red Sea and all will be well with the world.

Northern Lights is due to screen at this year's Toronto International Film Festival, which goes down September 10-19, says the Post.

bluemamba
06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
i so want them next year at the polo fields. Ill be there. I know you will too salah with some red pants.:D

sbessiso
06-27-2009, 06:13 AM
You and I are railing it, mamba. Although the red pants might have to be cut into red shorts to battle the desert heat

JClemy
06-27-2009, 08:20 AM
One of my favorite songs I've heard live is You don't know what love is.

Kid B
06-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I love that one.

Trudeau
06-27-2009, 12:00 PM
This seems a lock.

rage patton
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
YES!!

That is pretty awesome. I will definitely be picking that one up.

Cheddar's Cousin
06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I NEED this!

sbessiso
06-27-2009, 07:29 PM
YOU JUST DO AS YOU'RE TOOOOLD

bluemamba
06-28-2009, 02:44 PM
You and I are railing it, mamba. Although the red pants might have to be cut into red shorts to battle the desert heat

Im so down. I need to see Jack play B&B. Im yet to see them live. I got my tix for The Dead Weather in august.

sbessiso
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I have not yet thrown my love to The Dead Weather. This was supposed to be WS year godammit and im bitter

bluemamba
06-30-2009, 07:56 AM
I should have been. 2010 sounds like it will be the year. WS should be out with an album by then (hopefully) or at least already be planning the release of it.

amyzzz
06-30-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm gunning for White Stripes and Muse next year. And Radiohead, of course.

bluemamba
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
should i expect to see you and salah at the rail next to me?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm gunning for White Stripes and Muse next year. And Radiohead, of course.

It would be weird having Muse and Radiohead playing the same festival again....just like 2004...

sbessiso
07-04-2009, 09:10 PM
should i expect to see you and salah at the rail next to me?

Oh she's totally capable of it

cknaz
07-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Im so down. I need to see Jack play B&B. Im yet to see them live. I got my tix for The Dead Weather in august.

is B&B ball and biscuit? that song is sick as fukkk

Kid B
07-05-2009, 09:24 AM
It would be weird having Muse and Radiohead playing the same festival again....just like 2004...

Radiohead, Muse, Wilco, Flaming Lips for '10 :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRJ0iusGk0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRJ0iusGk0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

redthreat
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mew3hTGr5S0/SWoxMm0Y4OI/AAAAAAAABys/siM7PMzJosM/s400/Bear.bmp

Still-ill
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Radiohead, Muse, Wilco, Flaming Lips for '10 :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRJ0iusGk0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPRJ0iusGk0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Extending it to 4 days is a brilliant Idea. ;)

sbessiso
09-19-2009, 12:12 PM
CANT FUCKING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

There's two things you need to know about Under the Great White Northern Lights, the White Stripes' new film, which documents their summer 2007 tour to the far reaches of Canada:

1. The film -- premiered for select viewers in NYC Thursday -- is probably fans' only chance to ever watch Jack White have a conversation about muskox hunting with the mayor of Yellow Knife, a small town of about 20,000 people just south of the Arctic Circle. It's weird, one-of-a-kind scenes like this that make this film a true gem.

"We wanted to play out of the way towns that don't usually get shows," Jack explains of the band's first Canadian tour. "The shows are better, it's better for the people, it's a better experience, it's way more unique, something interesting is going to happen… hopefully."

Interesting is the theme: There's footage of Jack and Meg performing on a city bus in Toronto, playing a one-note show in Whitehorse, commanding the military to fire a cannon in Nova Scotia, and rocking out on a fishing boat, in a flour mill, a bowling alley, pool hall, and numerous recreation centers -- and many of the special gigs were announced less an hour before show time on local rock radio stations.

In another scene, the duo play an acoustic version of Blind Willie McTell's "Lord, Send Me an Angel" for Inuit elders, and in another Jack is swigging from a bottle of Jameson in a vintage car at midnight after a show, and says, "Um, I can't believe it's still light out!" The performance highlight: The band's tour-closing, 10th-anniversary gig in Nova Scotia. Director Emmett Malloy captures the band at their gritty, rockin' best -- see a raucous "Seven Nation Army" -- in a show that logs as their longest ever.

Below, watch an exclusive clip of the duo exploring the coast of Nova Scotia while a live recording of "We're Going To Be Friends" plays in the background.

Under the Great White Northern Lights' unique footage will have fans' eyes glued to the screen for the film's entire 100-plus minutes. But there's more…

2. Given that this was shot mere weeks before the Stripes canceled their fall/winter tour, due to the drummer's "acute anxiety," speculation is bound to ensue. Meg only mutters a few hushed sentences in the whole film, but that’s no huge surprise -- she’s always been Teller to Jack’s hyperverbal Penn. But those looking for morose moments may find them: In one scene she lays lifeless on a couch sucking down cigarette after cigarette, and another, she shakily apologizes to Jack for her poor playing.

At one point, Jack even addresses her silence, explaining that Meg does in fact talk and that he doesn't always act as the band's mouthpiece. Next, in a moment of dark humor, Jack proceeds to raise his voice and talk right over her.

And in the final scene -- spoiler alert! -- Meg breaks down in tears as Jack plays a solo version of "White Moon" on a grand piano. The two embrace as film closes out on an emotional note.

Under the Great White Northern Lights officially premieres today, September 18, at the Toronto Film Festival. More release details have yet-to-be announced.

http://spin.com/articles/exclusive-clip-white-stripes-movie-premiere

bullokz
09-19-2009, 12:42 PM
FUCK WHITE STRIPES

thomas6937
10-07-2009, 04:49 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/Thomas6937/jackwhiteeee2.png<br>http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/Thomas6937/jackwhiteeee.png

Maybe we'll get Jack White in some form next year. :thu

sbessiso
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH

obzen
10-07-2009, 05:33 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz etc..

summerkid
10-07-2009, 10:26 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S

rage patton
10-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I have been saying all along The White Stripes were going to headline a day.

obzen
10-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah,but hopefully it's just Jack White...not headlining.

sbessiso
10-08-2009, 01:18 AM
When he says "Might go to Coachella", we dont know what band he's referring to right? We have to take this with a grain of salt

dorkfish
10-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Well, the pictures posted are of a Dead Weather chatroom with guest Jack White, so I'd imagine that he's talking about the Dead Weather.

sk8r408
10-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, the pictures posted are of a Dead Weather chatroom with guest Jack White, so I'd imagine that he's talking about the Dead Weather.

He said he is touring with The Dead Weather until the end of the year, so I would assume Coachella would be a different band. But you never know with Jack White. The Dead Weather are working on another album already.

summerkid
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
He said he is touring with The Dead Weather until the end of the year, so I would assume Coachella would be a different band. But you never know with Jack White. The Dead Weather are working on another album already.

good to hear. I know this is going to be an unpopular statement but the Dead Weather are my favorite Jack White band.

anti-square
10-08-2009, 10:09 AM
It's too early to say that is an unpopular statement. for the record, I love them too!

anti-square
10-08-2009, 10:10 AM
White Stripes and The Dead Weather can BOTH be there

obzen
10-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Only if theres both a Radiohead/Thom Yorke solo performance.

Gribbz
10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I would only watch the White Stripes. No Dead Weather plz.

That70sdesperado
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
And no Raconteurs either. I like them all, but this time, TWS only.

Alligator Bogaloo
10-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I would only watch the White Stripes. No Dead Weather plz.

You're missing out Matt, the Dead Weather at SDSS was the highlight of the weekend. You should watch some of their music videos that were taken from their live show at the Roxy. Fuckin' sweet.

amyzzz
10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
WHITE STRIPES ONLY. KTHXBAI.

ArcadeParade
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes, WS would make me really happy as compared to the mild happiness of DW

sk8r408
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
White Stripes and The Dead Weather can BOTH be there

Nope.

sbessiso
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
good to hear. I know this is going to be an unpopular statement but the Dead Weather are my favorite Jack White band.

wtf

really?

sbessiso
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
And I can't help but wonder
If after I'm gone
Will I still have these
300 M.P.H.
Finger breaking
No answers
Broken back
Dirty cancer
Bee stung
And busted up
Empty cup
Torrential outpour blues?

superfiction
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
white stripes would be great. headliners? no

karma_guy
10-13-2009, 04:31 PM

idk where else they would go.....

sbessiso
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
subheadline under muse and pavement of course

rage patton
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Bryce, this is rediculous and you know this. The White Stripes are 100% headliner material.

WTF!?

liquidsnake28
10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
I know a few people who like Dead Weather better than his other two bands.

FoxeyLady
10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
White Stripes need to headline friday
w/pavement subbing

obzen
10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
The White Stripes or The Muse-you can't have both.

karma_guy
10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
The White Stripes or The Muse-you can't have both.

i'll take the white stripes hands dooown

sbessiso
10-19-2009, 05:53 AM
I had a dream that I was watching The White Stripes at Coachella and JW pulled me onstage to perform "Prickly Thorn (but Sweetly Worn)" with them. I think I had a tambourine and JW and I shared a mic during the chorus parts. It was magical

Li De Li De Li Oh Oh
Well A Li De Li De Li Oh Oh

getbetter
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm so down for White Stripes headlining that would be wicked and weird if it was iggy pop and the stooges opening up for white stripes for 2010.

amyzzz
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh! I had a dream about The White Stripes the other day. Dani told us they were headlining and there was a contest for board members to win an interview with Meg White. Random! This, of course, immediately morphed into me touring in the bus with The White Stripes.

weeklymix
10-20-2009, 12:31 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/7/5/633824049006071090-skepticalhippo.jpg

Amneeziac
01-09-2010, 12:25 AM
:rolleyes