PDA

View Full Version : Saint Germain throw back for 2010

SDsoldier7
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Bring back St. Germain.

Paul tollet mentioned that performance back in 01 was when he first realized the coachella twighlight at the outdoor theatre, and the importance of who gets to play at sunset. Funny that it happend by chance like that. Pay tributes and bring them back, because maybe we still might not know the importance of sunset at the outdoor theatre was it not for that performance...

St Germain 4 sure, Friday or Saturday 7:15, outdoor theatre

EVillSD
05-07-2009, 09:58 AM
St germain was actually the first band to even have a sunset set on that stage. '01 was the first time that stage was even there.. in 99, the outdoor theater was set up pretty much where the beer garden behind the sahara and mojave tents and the main stage was pretty much at the current entrance.

i was there, it was epic.

joppy-slow
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Bring back St. Germain.

Paul tollet mentioned that performance back in 01 was when he first realized the coachella twighlight at the outdoor theatre, and the importance of who gets to play at sunset. Funny that it happend by chance like that. Pay tributes and bring them back, because maybe we still might not know the importance of sunset at the outdoor theatre was it not for that performance...

St Germain 4 sure, Friday or Saturday 7:15, outdoor theatre

this was such an incredible show.. they had the 2 drummers going and the guitar player ripped it up. I remember when they played 'Sure thing' right at sunset and that was the moment I was sold on Coachella..

then I walked over and saw Kruder and Dorfmeister spin a great set.. And to think if Perry hadn't agreed to headline with Janes Addiction that night, we may never had future Coachellas.. Perry prob had them sign an agreement that he got to DJ at every future Coachella until the day he dies.. and then when he dies, his off-spring get to DJ there..

Snakeface
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I honestly hadn't heard them before the '01 show, but was absolutely stunned by the sunset performance. Perfect weather, perfect timing, perfect set. It will always be one of my favorite Coachella moments. Please bring them back! <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDMgBxHcM5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDMgBxHcM5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>Rose Rouge!

Snakeface
05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
and that was the moment I was sold on Coachella..

Exactly!

brycerosen
05-09-2009, 01:35 AM
agreed

jazzz
05-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Fuck just give us another ST. GERMAIN record and I would be happy!

BTW check out Ludovic Navarre "SOEL" it's about as close as you can get until the next ST. GERMAIN record arrives!

SDsoldier7
05-10-2009, 08:38 AM
this was such an incredible show.. they had the 2 drummers going and the guitar player ripped it up. I remember when they played 'Sure thing' right at sunset and that was the moment I was sold on Coachella..

then I walked over and saw Kruder and Dorfmeister spin a great set.. And to think if Perry hadn't agreed to headline with Janes Addiction that night, we may never had future Coachellas.. Perry prob had them sign an agreement that he got to DJ at every future Coachella until the day he dies.. and then when he dies, his off-spring get to DJ there..

me and my friends were there at ST Germain just so we could get a good spot for MOS Def. So st germain happend to me by accident. life is awesome.

that Perry quote is so damn ephin funny

joppy-slow
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I honestly hadn't heard them before the '01 show, but was absolutely stunned by the sunset performance. Perfect weather, perfect timing, perfect set. It will always be one of my favorite Coachella moments. Please bring them back! <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDMgBxHcM5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IDMgBxHcM5M&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>Rose Rouge!

that's a great video.. damn.. they were/are so amazing live. i don't even know if the band is still together? but if they are, please bring back St. Germain.

i love perry, but it's time that he take a break from coachella. i saw him and satellite party in 2007 with nuno (one of my all time favorite guitar players) and really did enjoy the set. but it's time that coachella puts the boot down and lets someone more deserving take perry's spot.

joppy-slow
05-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Fuck just give us another ST. GERMAIN record and I would be happy!

BTW check out Ludovic Navarre "SOEL" it's about as close as you can get until the next ST. GERMAIN record arrives!

oops.. I didn't read this. will def check this out. thanks for the info! when is the new album coming out?