PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

unitedwestand
05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
and yes i even did the search engine this time, looks like we don't have a thread about the good ol PJ.
Like or dislike?
Would they be qualified to ever headline Coachella?
There a great live band, and shows are being announced for their tour this summer.
haven't heard anything about a new cd...but that would be good.

faxman75
05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Aug 21 - Toronto, ONT - Molson Amphitheater
Aug 23 - Chicago, IL - United Center

unitedwestand
05-04-2009, 05:01 PM
i was just gonna post that. u gonna go fax?

SoulDischarge
05-04-2009, 05:02 PM
"Jeremy" makes me want to shoot people. That's all I have to say on this subject.

Sleepingrock
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Isnt it meant to?

Pixiessp
05-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Jeremy makes me want to make stupid faces and growl.

But i do like Pearl Jam.

kreutz2112
05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I wish this wasn't a thread.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I am indifferent with Pearl Jam. While I don't hate them and respect what they have done. I just don't care for them.

Blinken
05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I like Pearl Jam, never been a big fan or anything. They will headline Coachella one year, don't know when but it will happen. They are a headliner and the headliner pool seems awfully shallow lately, so it will happen.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I like Pearl Jam, never been a big fan or anything. They will headline Coachella one year, don't know when but it will happen. They are a headliner and the headliner pool seems awfully shallow lately, so it will happen.

Yeah its pretty much a given....its just a matter of when...

unitedwestand
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
they do put on a very energetic and by far a worthwhile performance. had the privilage of seeing them back in 06 opening up for tom petty & the heartbreakers.
They are due for a new cd-no? the last one that came out was their self titled one-right? with world wide suicide and other songs on it...
Has anyone seen eddie veddar (solo) live?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I saw Eddie Veddar live, back in 2002 at ATP UCLA. It was pretty good.

TallGuyCM
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
For someone who was in 6th grade when Ten came out in 1991, and who was pretty much raised on the band's great early albums every 2-3 years after that, they're the best. The most diverse of the grunge explosion Seattle bands, with hard rockers and lovely ballads as well.

Now, if you're say 24 or younger I can totally see how you would dislike PJ. The sound of popular music has changed drastically since then, and if I was born ten years later I probably wouldn't care for them either.

But after having seen them 14x since 2000, I can say without hesitation that they're one of the best if not the best live band on the planet. And they also happen to be my favorite band.

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 05:23 PM
they do put on a very energetic and by far a worthwhile performance. had the privilage of seeing them back in 06 opening up for tom petty & the heartbreakers.
They are due for a new cd-no? the last one that came out was their self titled one-right? with world wide suicide and other songs on it...
Has anyone seen eddie veddar (solo) live?

saw Eddie VeddEr last year on the April Fools tour...amazing show, about 2 hours all by himself minus an encore with Liam Finn...bunch of awesome covers, into the wild songs and a couple PJ songs including Porch and Lukin...

anyways, can't wait til the full tour is announced if one is coming...

unitedwestand
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Pearl Jam deserves to be a thread as much as the beasties do-and they have at least 2 threads on here.
And yup-fall tour wahoo! Sucks they are playing United Center in chicago, they frigen ALWAYS play that place.
So we can now conclude

PJ 2009 Tour Dates:
Aug 21-Toronto
Aug 23-Chicago
Outside Lands Festival-San Francisco
ACL-Austin
is there any others?

stuporfly
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I touched Eddie Vedder's junk.

Back in college, I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam (who I'd never heard of before) as support acts. Vedder dove into the crowd and was passed along toward the back of the hall, presumably to see how well his band's t-shirts were selling. As he made his way directly over my head, I figured it was my civic duty to participate. I thrust my hands skyward where they inadvertently found purchase in the "gentlemen's region." I did my bit, wiped my hands on my jeans and got on with my life.

I don't really have much of an opinion of their music. They seem alright, and I wouldn't raise any vocal objection to their playing Coachella some time. But I don't know that I'd spend much time watching them, either.

rage patton
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I can't wait until the day Pearl Jam headline Coachella. Im not a huge fan, especially of their earlier work, but they would be awesome at Coachella.

unitedwestand
05-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Coachella 2010: Arcade Fire/Muse/Pearl Jam=headliners.

rskapcat
05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I listened to their first 2 records like crazy when they were released...the ones that followed? Not so much. I generally don't seek them out, but I rarely skip them when they pop up on shuffle. I am happy that they will be at ACL, as I never had a chance to see them at the height of my obsession. I know they'll put on a great show, & junior high Becca will be so pleased.

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 05:35 PM
There isn't even a question as to whether or not Pearl Jam is headliner quality. I saw them at Bonnaroo last year and they were really fucking good. "Black" and "W.M.A." are probably my 2 favorite PJ songs.

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
glad to see some support for them in here...usually when they are brought up alot of hate follows...

as for additional dates...i'd say Bridge School is almost a lock

Pixiessp
05-04-2009, 05:56 PM
There isn't even a question as to whether or not Pearl Jam is headliner quality. I saw them at Bonnaroo last year and they were really fucking good. "Black" and "W.M.A." are probably my 2 favorite PJ songs.

"Black" breaks my heart. If I do indeed get to go to ACL( I'm going even if i have to hire a doppelganger to take my place at work) I will most surely shed a tear or two.

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
"Black" breaks my heart. If I do indeed get to go to ACL( I'm going even if i have to hire a doppelganger to take my place at work) I will most surely shed a tear or two.

the "i know someday you'll have a beautiful life in somebody elses sky but why can't it be mine" line is devastating...soo great live and Black KILLS when Ed adds on the We Belong Together tag at the end...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/blnjsMS1V84&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/blnjsMS1V84&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

woogie846
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Hopefully Pearl Jam will headline Coachella one day. Their show I saw back in 2006 was really great.

shotglass75
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Seeing as Pearl Jam was the first concert for Tollett on the Polo Fields giving him the idea that a fest could be done there, I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam will eventually headline

gimpboy76
05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Seeing as Pearl Jam was the first concert for Tollett on the Polo Fields giving him the idea that a fest could be done there, I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam will eventually headline

Although they may have bad feelings about that show people were pissed about the venue and took it out on the band. The Polo fields were chosen because they did not have an exclusivity deal with Ticketmaster. Anyway people were tired and dusty and started taking their frustration out on the band by throwing their shoes. I've often thought this is why they've never played Coachella again, especially after their fear of festivals ala Roskilde.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nd9iOpMSOns&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nd9iOpMSOns&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JSam67
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
$68 tickets? Seriously?

uscjeff
05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I really cant believe PJ has not headlined Coachella yet. I hope they hit up LA around Outside Lands

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
$68 tickets? Seriously?

whats wrong with that? look at similar bands in terms of popularity and you'll find similar prices...what was Radiohead last year? $65? a pair of tickets from the Ten Club is $148...not bad when looking at the size of the band and what ticketmaster would throw on as far as fees

shotglass75
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Although they may have bad feelings about that show people were pissed about the venue and took it out on the band. The Polo fields were chosen because they did not have an exclusivity deal with Ticketmaster. Anyway people were tired and dusty and started taking their frustration out on the band by throwing their shoes. I've often thought this is why they've never played Coachella again, especially after their fear of festivals ala Roskilde.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nd9iOpMSOns&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nd9iOpMSOns&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Never knew that that went down. Awesome video.

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Eddie seemed to be genuinely relieved when there were no problems during their set at Bonnaroo last year. Hopefully that calmed any fears he and the band had about music festivals.

rage patton
05-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I knew about the shoe thing, but was that really the end of the show? Did they come back out and finish? Or was that the end of it?

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I saw two songs of theirs at Bonnaroo last year and then I literally fled the scene in horror.

I will be raving in the Sahara when they play Coachella

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I saw two songs of theirs at Bonnaroo last year and then I literally fled the scene in horror.

I will be raving in the Sahara when they play Coachella

You still have never explained why you "fled the scene in horror." At least have something to back it up. WHY did you not like it, Salah? Or is it like many things for which you have no basis?

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
I was in a different state of mind, Eddie Vedder was really scaring me and I just didnt like the music. Thats really it though Tommy, I just didnt like it. Ive never been a Pearl Jam fan though.

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
I was in a different state of mind, Eddie Vedder was really scaring me and I just didnt like the music. Thats really it though Tommy, I just didnt like it. Ive never been a Pearl Jam fan though.

Ah, yes, the drugs.

For people who at least somewhat like their music, they really don't disappoint. I've been a fan since I was 11-years old. The Bonnaroo show was my first time seeing them and it was great. Not unlike seeing The Killers for you (except I didn't make a poster).

boarderwoozel3
05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I'll catch PJ live one of these days and would love, love, love to see them at Coachella. It's sort of amazing that they haven't headlined already as it is. But Coachella doesn't like sloppy seconds so their headlining so many festivals this summer leads me to believe that we won't see them in 2010.

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I just didnt fully recover from The Jack Johnson Chaos I experienced like an hour earlier. That shit was nuts! If I wasnt tripping so hard I probably wouldve stayed and chilled at PJ. When they came out and started playing and all you could see was Vedder's silhouette I was kinda scared but then the song kick started and all the lights turned on and you could see his massive face on the jumbo screen and his hair flying in the wind my friends and I were like "We need to get the fuck out of here"

I wouldnt have minded seeing another few songs but damn that LSD!!

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
damn, and they opened with Hard to Imagine at Bonnaroo too...amazing opener...flew to Boston last year and saw them at Mansfield for 2 nights and they opened with it the first night

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM
"W.M.A." into "Better Man" into "Black" was one of the better combos I've ever seen at a show. And they did the full version of "W.M.A." first the first time in about 14 years. Man, that was a good night.

TallGuyCM
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
damn, and they opened with Hard to Imagine at Bonnaroo too...amazing opener...flew to Boston last year and saw them at Mansfield for 2 nights and they opened with it the first night

Hard to Imagine is one of my favorite songs PJ does...and is #1 on my list of songs to see live that I haven't yet.

And like I said earlier, people have different tastes in music and that's fine. Salah has the Killers' Day & Age cover art as her avatar, so I wouldn't expect someone like that to like PJ. I just hope that person wouldn't "run away in horror" and would at least give the band a chance if in a sober state of mind.

rage patton
05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
I just didnt fully recover from The Jack Johnson Chaos I experienced like an hour earlier. That shit was nuts! If I wasnt tripping so hard I probably wouldve stayed and chilled at PJ. When they came out and started playing and all you could see was Vedder's silhouette I was kinda scared but then the song kick started and all the lights turned on and you could see his massive face on the jumbo screen and his hair flying in the wind my friends and I were like "We need to get the fuck out of here"

I wouldnt have minded seeing another few songs but damn that LSD!!

This is incredibly comical.

Someone should make a cartoon of this. Seriously.

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 07:32 PM
It was a crazy day/night for me. Jack Johnson was INTENSE

MissingPerson
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
That is possibly the most entertainment Jack Johnson has ever been vaguely related to.

boarderwoozel3
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM

:nono

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Jack Johnson was not intense. The drugs were intense. I feel like I'm picking on you, and I'm sorry for that, but sometimes you need to be told. Smooches.

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Who fucking cares? That show was incredible. Banana Pancakes was AWESOME live, I danced so much. Theres a picture on my facebook of me in wings looking really cracked out. That was during Banana Pancakes. I had an Oreo in my pocket with two drops of LSD in it and I was waiting for the perfect time to eat it. I decided what the hell let me just take it now and the second I took it out of my pocket and unwrapped it is when JJ started BP. My mind was blown, it was the one song I wanted to hear. I love Bonnaroo

And yes, both JJ AND the drugs were intense

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
and just curious...but did you not notice Eddie Vedder play with JJ?

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
He was there???

PJandBompton
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
He was there???

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAN3bnu2E9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAN3bnu2E9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TallGuyCM
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Who fucking cares? That show was incredible. Banana Pancakes was AWESOME live, I danced so much.

I find it amusing that you were sooooo out of your mind excited to see the two bands who were the most infinitely hated Coachella bands the past 2 years. Even though one of them was at Bonnaroo.

boarderwoozel3
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
What are we going to do with you, Salah. Haha. Whatever, we'll roll and check out Perry's stage for a few of the top DJs. You'll be begging for the Sahara next year.

SkipLaCombe
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
?

Denver? I was there both nights, 5th and 6th rows...I got a piece of Eddies tambourine when he smashed during the American Girl jam

sbessiso
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Crazy, I most definitely didnt notice Eddie there. I wouldve freaked out!!

And I wasnt excited to see JJ, I wasnt even planning on catching him (I can see where you get that impression though). I just like that song and somehow I ended up there and thats what happened. You know?

ANYWAY

I really didnt mean to hijack the thread. Please continue your love for PJ

edit

One last thing on JJ though. The crowd was INTO IT. That was definitely part of why it was so much fun. The sun was almost done setting, people were drinking, and whistling and flying kites and fucking HOOLA HOOPING. So very surreal and totally Bonnaroo

SkipLaCombe
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm with you, Jack Johnson is the Shit. I wish I could have been there. I was gonna see him in salt lake until this cunt ripped my heart out.

JSam67
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
For people who at least somewhat like their music, they really don't disappoint. I've been a fan since I was 11-years old. The Bonnaroo show was my first time seeing them and it was great. Not unlike seeing The Killers for you (except I didn't make a poster).

Meh, I don't really agree with this statement. They were just okay for me at Lolla '07. I'd like to give them another chance though, thinking hard about this Chicago show.

faxman75
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
i was just gonna post that. u gonna go fax?

Unlikely. I saw them at Soldier Field in Chicago back in 1995. That show made me a fan. I never saw them again and they aren't quite what they were so I don't consider them a priority any longer. I would definitely watch a set if they played a festival I was going to but they aren't.

TommyboyUNM
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm with you, Jack Johnson is the Shit.

:nono I really don't get it. He was decent at Bonnaroo, but his music just flatlines in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope Pearl Jam adds more date. Maybe a Red Rocks show? I'd do my best to be there.

SkipLaCombe
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Red Rocks would be the shit, and as for Jack, eh it's just a difference in tastes, mine being good...yours being shitty....

just kidding, Mark hacked my account

faxman75
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
If they play Phoenix I will go. I'm not traveling for them though.

BlackSwan
05-04-2009, 08:35 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/2009/04/cold_case_and_pearl_jam.html
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PJandBompton
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
West Coast tour this fall!!! no dates confirmed but west coast dates are in the works

TallGuyCM
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
West Coast tour this fall!!! no dates confirmed but west coast dates are in the works

I will see you at those dates...one of my best friends lives in PB and if they play Cox Arena again we will be there for sure...

Last time we did Vegas > SD, then I did LA1 > LA2 > SF2.

There's really nothing like catching them multiple times throughout the course of a week. The setlist variations are unlike any other band, totally different show each night.

PJandBompton
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I will see you at those dates...one of my best friends lives in PB and if they play Cox Arena again we will be there for sure...

Last time we did Vegas > SD, then I did LA1 > LA2 > SF2.

There's really nothing like catching them multiple times throughout the course of a week. The setlist variations are unlike any other band, totally different show each night.

I only saw the Cox Arena show last time...that was my first PJ show and what got me into them...saw them at Bridge School that year and Mansfield twice last year, but definitely plan on catching them at at least all the SoCal dates, possibly OSL as well but still am not sure about missing Street Scene...

TallGuyCM
05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
You saw the right show...out of the 5 shows I saw in '06, the SD gig was the best. Satan's Bed......Long Road.......the first time Big Wave was played live.......and them opening with OCEANS.......................ahhhhhh I really need to see them soon.......

tubescape
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
first time I saw PJ was at the Santa Barbara Bowl in 2006. I had amazing seats, wasn't quite sure what to expect, and was just blown away by the performance. It was sort of a 50/50 acoustic/electric show too. Probably played close to 30 songs. Then Eddie brought his surfing buddy (and 9-time world champ) Kelly Slater up to jam. Very good evening at the bowl.

TallGuyCM
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I wanted to go to that...but you had to have a Santa Barbara county zip code for your credit card billing address or something like that, so I wasn't able to make that one.

luckyface
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM

While normally true, it was barely different between SD and LA I. Seriously, maybe 5 songs were different, and the order was the same. I don't know what they were doing.

But yes, PJ had a good run through Cali in 2006. I caught them SD, LA I & II, SB, and Gorge I. It is tough to top the SD and Gorge I shows.

Sexecutioner
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
You saw the right show...out of the 5 shows I saw in '06, the SD gig was the best. Satan's Bed......Long Road.......the first time Big Wave was played live.......and them opening with OCEANS.......................ahhhhhh I really need to see them soon.......

that really was THE show. best ive seen them in quite a while.

While normally true, it was barely different between SD and LA I. Seriously, maybe 5 songs were different, and the order was the same. I don't know what they were doing.

i agree. on that tour i saw them in sd, la1, and sb, and was kind of dissapointed in how similar the setlists were compared to what i was used to with them. oh well...cant really complain. still better than most other live bands out there.

gimpboy76
05-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I knew about the shoe thing, but was that really the end of the show? Did they come back out and finish? Or was that the end of it?

Sorry, didn't see this post, no that wasn't the end they continued on behind a "wall" of monitors. I believe there's video of that from the same YouTube poster.

And I need to second all those who say that PJ is one of the best live bands touring right now. They're musicianship is on par with the very best of all time, I would tell the doubters to grab some boots from this last tour (esp. the Gorge)

unitedwestand
05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
set list @ the summerfest show I saw opening up for Tom Petty.
Set 1

* Wasted Reprise
* Life Wasted
* World Wide Suicide
* Severed Hand
* Corduroy
* Animal
* In Hiding
* Even Flow
* Gone
* Better Man(Save it for Later)
* Do The Evolution
* Why Go
* Jeremy
* Inside Job
* Comatose
* Rearviewmirror

Encore 1

* Crazy Mary
* Leash
* Porch
During tom Petty's set, veddar came on stage and sang with him for a few songs i think one of the ones was American Girl. It was probably the best concert I ever saw

PJandBompton
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM

i drove myself crazy in '08 thinking about how i'm missing them...so i flew back east and don't regret it at all...opening with Hard to Imagine the 1st night and Wash the 2nd night...amazing

TallGuyCM
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Hard to Imagine does things to me that other songs don't do to me....it's almost transcendental....my #1 song on the short list of songs I've yet to see the band play live.

Also on that list: Red Mosquito, Smile, Undone, In Hiding

PJandBompton
05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Hard to Imagine does things to me that other songs don't do to me....it's almost transcendental....my #1 song on the short list of songs I've yet to see the band play live.

Also on that list: Red Mosquito, Smile, Undone, In Hiding

I am DYING to hear Smile, RM and In Hiding, and was devastated to see that I missed Sad by ONE day when i went back last year...still wanna see Sad

BTW, the version of In Hiding from the Vic in '07 is CRAZY!!! Can't imagine going to that

pancakespancakes
05-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I haven't been into this thread yet... but I'd like to say that opening with "Hard to Imagine" last summer at Bonnaroo pretty much... changed my life.

And now, I will see Last Exit performed live before I die.

TallGuyCM
05-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I haven't been into this thread yet... but I'd like to say that opening with "Hard to Imagine" last summer at Bonnaroo pretty much... changed my life.

And now, I will see Last Exit performed live before I die.

Pearl Jam plays for nearly 3 hours....My Morning Jacket plays all night for nearly 4 hours...Bonnaroo really outdid itself last year..........

In '03...PJ opened Irvine Night 1 with Of the Girl > Last Exit......

SeeYouAuntie
05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
set list @ the summerfest show I saw opening up for Tom Petty.
Set 1

* Wasted Reprise
* Life Wasted
* World Wide Suicide
* Severed Hand
* Corduroy
* Animal
* In Hiding
* Even Flow
* Gone
* Better Man(Save it for Later)
* Do The Evolution
* Why Go
* Jeremy
* Inside Job
* Comatose
* Rearviewmirror

Encore 1

* Crazy Mary
* Leash
* Porch
During tom Petty's set, veddar came on stage and sang with him for a few songs i think one of the ones was American Girl. It was probably the best concert I ever saw

Last time I saw PJ Eddie covered I won't Back Down by Tom Petty acoustically. Pearl Jam's 2000 world tour was awesome. I bought at least ten of the official bootlegs and they are all great. Mike is one amazing guitar player. I'd really like to see them again. AZ got stiffed the last two times around I think.

unitedwestand
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
just tried getting a ticket 4 chicago show thru presale password, and there are only 300 level seating (nosebleed) seats left. when regular tickets go on sale, do they release more tickets or is this how many they have?

TallGuyCM
05-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Are you serious? When regular tickets go on sale, every level goes on sale.

Oh, and I saw PJ at the Cricket Pavilion in Phx in '03. So they've been there since 2000.

Sexecutioner
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
just tried getting a ticket 4 chicago show thru presale password, and there are only 300 level seating (nosebleed) seats left. when regular tickets go on sale, do they release more tickets or is this how many they have?

presale is a small allocation of total tickets. wait till the regular onsale and you will probably have better luck, but you gotta be on the ball.

TallGuyCM
05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
From pearljam.com:

"PEARL JAM SCHEDULED AS MUSICAL GUEST FOR JUNE 1ST PREMIERE OF “THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O’BRIEN”

Pearl Jam is scheduled to appear as the inaugural musical guest for the June 1, 2009 premiere of “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.” The band will perform songs from their upcoming studio album.

Conan O'Brien, the dominant late-night host at 12:35 a.m. (ET) for the past 14 seasons, will succeed Jay Leno as host of the preeminent series on late-night television, NBC's "The Tonight Show," on June 1, 2009.

Please check local listings for air details."

FUCK YEAH

pancakespancakes
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
HOLY SHIT!

That is so fucking great... ending with the Stripes, beginning with PJ.
And of course, his first show ever back in '93 was with musical guest Radiohead.

I wonder, does this mean... new song?

luckyface
05-18-2009, 12:39 PM
HOLY SHIT!

That is so fucking great... ending with the Stripes, beginning with PJ.
And of course, his first show ever back in '93 was with musical guest Radiohead.

I wonder, does this mean... new song?

Pearl Jam is scheduled to appear as the inaugural musical guest for the June 1, 2009 premiere of “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.” The band will perform songs from their upcoming studio album.

Yes.

pancakespancakes
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I did not notice that snippet. I wonder if this is really more than one song.

PJandBompton
05-19-2009, 01:45 AM
might have to try and go to this...wonder if there will be a show that weekend as well...

SeeYouAuntie
05-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Are you serious? When regular tickets go on sale, every level goes on sale.

Oh, and I saw PJ at the Cricket Pavilion in Phx in '03. So they've been there since 2000.

I was at the show in '03. I just meant that 2000 was them at their absolute best in my opinion. I know they skipped us at least once since 2003 but I thought it was twice.

TallGuyCM
05-25-2009, 04:18 PM
might have to try and go to this...wonder if there will be a show that weekend as well...

I would cancel pretty much any and all plans if they played a show or two while they're in town. I mean, they haven't played here since '06, so why not?

Kid B
05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh man, that's awesome news.

uscjeff
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow - that last part is huge news!

whynotsmile99
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
so how do we get early Conan tickets?

PJandBompton
05-25-2009, 05:11 PM
so how do we get early Conan tickets?

i've read it's impossible to get tickets for that night...industry night only...only way is to try and camp out the day of

pancakespancakes
05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah I mean it's one thing that PJ are playing, but you also have to consider that this is Conan's first show with the Tonight Show, which was already almost impossible to get tickets for with Leno... I don't think anyone here has a fighting chance, really.

luckyface
05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I haven't listened to it yet, but supposedly here is the new song (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K11E4G98).

TallGuyCM
05-29-2009, 10:43 AM
What is this from? Where did you hear about it?

luckyface
05-29-2009, 10:58 AM
What is this from? Where did you hear about it?

It is from a secret "show" they did last night. They are filming a documentary with Cameron Crowe and I guess they played this song and a couple of others for a private group of 300 or so people. I found out about it through one of the PJ boards.

tockster
05-30-2009, 10:15 AM
New song is called The Fixer. But wtf is Pearl Jam doing in a Target commercial?

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/pearl-jam-debut-new-song-target-commercial-directed-cameron-crowe/

TallGuyCM
06-02-2009, 12:17 AM
pj KILLED IT tonight on Conan! Haven't seen them live since July '06 and man it's been way too long. The song they played tonight is a waaayyy better 1st single than Worldwide Suicide was, too. Eddie's voice was a little shaky, but hey, smoking will do that.

Tonight's song gives me hope for "Backspacer" which the new album will apparently be called, tentative release date of 9/22. Here's a close-up of the cover:

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psq.jpg&via=tfrog

superfiction
06-02-2009, 12:23 AM
It is from a secret "show" they did last night. They are filming a documentary with Cameron Crowe and I guess they played this song and a couple of others for a private group of 300 or so people. I found out about it through one of the PJ boards.

WHAT THE FUCK. how do i live in seattle and never know about this shit

TallGuyCM
06-02-2009, 12:35 AM
They weren't filming a documentary, they were filming a Target commercial. And the 300 people allowed in were paid extras. So, you weren't exactly the only one who didn't hear about it. And they only played "The Fixer" like 10 times, one other new song suppposedly, and then their cover of the Buzzcocks' "Sonic Reducer".

PJandBompton
06-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Just watched it...fuckin amazing oh my god...eds voice was off a little though

And another fuck yeah for the album coming out on my 21st...

supposedly two days at key arena are in store for the 22nd and 23rd...looks like a birthday road trip for me...

superfiction
06-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Just watched it...fuckin amazing oh my god...eds voice was off a little though

And another fuck yeah for the album coming out on my 21st...

supposedly two days at key arena are in store for the 22nd and 23rd...looks like a birthday road trip for me...

22nd and 23rd of what? july? august?

luckyface
06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
22nd and 23rd of what? july? august?

September.

kreutz2112
06-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Fuck. Why does it have to be september? I would go if it wasn't so close to ATP. I saw them at key arena 2 nights in a row for the Binaural tour, or maybe it was the Riot Act tour. Either way, fuck. I really hope they come to salt lake this time around. They haven't been here since 1998. Over 10 fucking years.

DHARMA2112
06-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Conan tickets are hard to get. You basically have to apply months in advance. It's done by a lottery system, and usually you don't get the date you request. You have to request a bunch of "alternative dates".

Also, Conan O Brien is really popular, especially since his move to LA. Shit is going to be flooded first couple of months, maybe even the first year. Unless you know someone that works the show, well good luck.

Try applying on his site, they have an email you apply to .

Sexecutioner
06-02-2009, 09:20 AM
its on my dvr, cant wait to watch it when i get home!

PotVsKtl
06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Song was shit.

TallGuyCM
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Eddie's voice was shit, the song itself was incredible.

Fixed.

Kid B
06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
He looked like he was struggling a lot.

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 09:27 AM
DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE DATE/TIME
Sep-21 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 10am PDT
Sep-22 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 12pm PDT
Sep-30* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 10am PDT
Oct-1* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 12pm PDT
Oct-6* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 2pm PDT
Oct-7* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 4pm PDT
Oct-9 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena July 15th, 10am PDT
Oct-28 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 12pm PDT
Oct-30 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 2pm PDT

luckyface
07-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Fucker, I was just about to post this.

I will be hitting up Sep 30, Oct 1, 6, and 9 (what is up with that spacing??).

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't fucking know, but I'm fucking pissed. At the bottom of the news article that accompanies the dates posted on tenclub it says this:

At this time, there are no more North American dates to be added to the current tour. However, keep your eyes on the horizon ... Australia and New Zealand are next. Details to come soon.

I may try and make it to the San Diego show, but I'm not optimistic about it.

fml

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
and what are they going to do between Oct 9 and Oct 28? Ignore the entire middle part of the US? I'm pretty fucking butt-hurt right now.

luckyface
07-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, this band really has sucked a fat one in terms of tour schedules since 2003. I don't know why they completely revamped their philosophy. I am surprised they didn't schedule another 6 night stint in Boston.

If you are going to a show, San Diego is the one to go to. They always bring it there.

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, that's the only date on the west coast on a weekend.

TommyboyUNM
07-09-2009, 09:54 AM
For traveling and work purposes, a Friday night show 2 states away doesn't count as a weekend show for me. Fuck.

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Me either. I'd have to work a half day on Friday and fly there and drive directly to the show. That's the only way I could swing it and I don't think that's going to happen.

pancakespancakes
07-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Ha, this will be my first time seeing them in my hometown that I've lived in my whole life, and they've been my favorite band since I was 12... and they've always brought it here! Oh how I fail.

I'm super excited though. I need a presale password! I wonder there are 10C members on the board...

TallGuyCM
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
If you are going to a show, San Diego is the one to go to. They always bring it there.

This is true. Eddie and Matt are from SD and they always play an amazing setlist there. Last time in '06, they opened with fucking Oceans.

Ha, this will be my first time seeing them in my hometown that I've lived in my whole life, and they've been my favorite band since I was 12... and they've always brought it here! Oh how I fail.

I'm super excited though. I need a presale password! I wonder there are 10C members on the board...

I'm a Ten Club member! :) I thought Broken Social Scene was your favorite band??

luckyface
07-09-2009, 11:38 AM

10C member here, too. 179xxx number. We are only allowed access to one of the 4 LA shows.

This is true. Eddie and Matt are from SD and they always play an amazing setlist there. Last time in '06, they opened with fucking Oceans.

That was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Oceans, Satan's Bed, Crown of Thorns, Long Road in the encore, etc. Can't top my St Louis 2000 show, although it is very close.

NicoDread
07-09-2009, 12:29 PM

You should have seen them in 06. Sonic Youth opened and it was fucking incredible. Also my first concert, so that was a plus

kreutz2112
07-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Best PJ shows I've been to were the NY, NY shows July 8 & 9 2003. In fact, they are the best concerts I've ever been to period. I saw the benefit shows in 2002 in Seattle as well. They were two of four shows they played in the US that year and the only two shows on the Riot Act tour that weren't released as bootlegs.

pancakespancakes
07-09-2009, 01:35 PM
You should have seen them in 06. Sonic Youth opened and it was fucking incredible. Also my first concert, so that was a plus

Haha, that was going to be my first concert as well. I was about 24 hours away from going. But then my mom, who said she would go with me, realized it was the same weekend as a trip out of town she had already planned. And so I had nobody to go with. I remember I talked my dad into going (he loves PJ but he doesn't love concerts) but I couldn't find us seats I could afford that weren't nosebleeds. He's sort of an up-front-or-not-at-all kind of person. And I kinda was too. And so I just lost all interest right around the night before. Figured I had my whole life to see them again...

pancakespancakes
07-09-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought Broken Social Scene was your favorite band??

Yeah alright... "favorite band," that's a slight exaggeration, they're in my top 5. But they did have a profound impact on my music-listening early on.

brokenDREAMS
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I just found out from my friend that relentless7 will be the opening band for this tour...

uscjeff
07-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Any 10c members want to trade +1s so we can each go to 2 shows? PM me if interested...

PJandBompton
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM

I'm 10c as well but ticketing is done through PJs website...no password bullshit

And Lucky...179???damn you are lucky..

Anyways, looks like I'll be going to 2 LA shows, SD, and hopefully the 2 Seattle shows...I turn 21 the night the album is released and PJs first hometown shows in over 5 years, I've gotta swing it somehow

Sexecutioner
07-11-2009, 05:21 AM
stoked, i am in thailand right now and get back 1 day before presales start.

i might be down for a +1 switch for LA. not sure though...scheduling sucks. none of the gibson shows are on a weeekend. wtf is up with that?

Sexecutioner
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
so what shows are people going for?

im hitting sd for sure, but im trying to decide which la show(s) to go to. sucks i cant get much time off work since i just got back from a 3 week vacation, but thinking i might try to take 1 day off and hit up the last 2 la shows. either that, or no days off and just go to the last one.

luckyface
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I am going to go for September 30, October 6 and 9. I will probably try for the September 30 date on 10C as these will be tough tickets to come by. That way, I can still go for October 6 if I strike out.

Sexecutioner
07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
I am going to go for September 30, October 6 and 9. I will probably try for the September 30 date on 10C as these will be tough tickets to come by. That way, I can still go for October 6 if I strike out.

why do you think the 9/30 show will have the most demand?

luckyface
07-14-2009, 07:59 AM
why do you think the 9/30 show will have the most demand?

I don't think it will, I just know the LA shows will be in high demand with very few seats. If I miss out on the 9/30 show, then I at least have another shot at the 10/6 show. This way I maximize my opportunities.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 08:06 AM
i want to go to the first and last la shows, but not sure which i should use my tenclub on. i guess i could do your method then try ticketmaster for the last show. fuck, this sucks, they should at least let you pick 2 out of the 4.

luckyface
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
No kidding. Such a pain. Is the PJ site loading for you? I can't even get it to work. This is a bad sign considering we are 50 minutes away from the onsale.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
looks like its working again. so when i click on tickets link it says no products currently available. are you just refreshing that page till it changes?

luckyface
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Piece of cake. All set for 9/30.

I just kept clicking tickets and was all good. Let me know if you weren't able to get through. I have a link that bypassed a lot of the PJ site BS.

TallGuyCM
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Just fucking NAILED that presale. God that feels good. Nothing like scoring good tickets to see your favorite band.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
nice, that was easy. man, i hope i can score a ticket for the last show as well now.

luckyface
07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Sucks I can't get two sets for LA. Oh well. San Diego tomorrow at 10!

sonofhal
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Pearl Jam are apparently playing Shepherds Bush Empire in August. Seems a little small for them.

kretz
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I got tickets after 9 minutes of constantly refreshing!

uscjeff
07-14-2009, 09:16 AM
That wasnt too hard!

kretz
07-14-2009, 09:17 AM
That wasnt too hard!
How quick did you get tickets?

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 09:17 AM
sounds like everybody was successful. damn, i should have gone for the last la show, but figured it would have higher demand, so i might have better seats on this one.

so i know luckyface is 179xxx, what about everybody else on here? i'm 188xxx.

TallGuyCM
07-14-2009, 09:27 AM
412xxx, I didn't join until a year and a half ago or so. Hope I can at least get Orchestra seats!

luckyface
07-14-2009, 09:44 AM
You should have no problem at all getting orchestra. The allocations for tickets are not going to be too great for the shows. And who knows, maybe you will win the lottery and get either 1st 2 rows or 9th row.

So we have a few PJ fans in here. How many shows have you all been to?

kretz
07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
412xxx, I didn't join until a year and a half ago or so. Hope I can at least get Orchestra seats!
No way there's any worse that Orchestra in a Ten Club presale. Right? RIGHT?

NicoDread
07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Pearl Jam are apparently playing Shepherds Bush Empire in August. Seems a little small for them.

Holy shit. How impossible will it be to get tickets?

kretz
07-14-2009, 09:47 AM
You should have no problem at all getting orchestra. The allocations for tickets are not going to be too great for the shows. And who knows, maybe you will win the lottery and get either 1st 2 rows or 9th row.

I went to their show at The Forum in July 2006 where Tim Robbins came out and graced us with his presence ;)

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM
No way there's any worse that Orchestra in a Ten Club presale. Right? RIGHT?

i wouldnt get your hopes up. ive heard plenty of stories of people getting less than stellar seats from tenclub, especially if your number is high. still, i wouldnt worry too much, i'm sure your seats will be decent, but i just wouldnt go into it expecting to be in the pit, just in case you're not, dont want to be let down.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 10:44 AM

Dont worry, my PJ cock is bigger than yours Rocke. ;)

luckyface
07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I just want to see what shows people have gone to!

And I don't know. Can you top 12 + EV solo + Letterman?

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Didn't catch onto the band til '06...but my shows are

7/7/06 - Cox Arena
10/21-22/06 - Shoreline Amphitheatre (Bridge School)
4/16/08 - Eddie Solo at Spreckles Theatre
6/28/08 - Mansfield, MA
6/30/08 - Mansfield, MA

So nowhere near the amount you guys have seen but for a 20 year old im proud of myself to have seen them in Boston and SF...can't touch my fathers claims of being onstage for the NYC DVD show in '03...can actually see him during Lukin...

I'm hoping after today i can say i'm going to 2 shows this year for sure and make it 3 by the end of tomorrow, then try the TM onsales for either Seattle or the other LA shows

superfiction
07-14-2009, 11:27 AM
ive seen pearl jam once. but ive seen green river twice as well as shadow 86 and seen stone gossard play solo shows twice. so thats pretty cool. as well as my ex girlfriends dad produced the mother love bone record. so i think i got my pearl jam bragging rights alright

NicoDread
07-14-2009, 11:42 AM
I just found out that Viejas Arena is the new name for Cox Arena. I thought it was the casino at first and was confused, only old people go there.

kreutz2112
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
My PJ shows:

12/08/2002 Seattle, WA - Key Arena
12/09/2002 Seattle, WA - Key Arena
07/08/2003 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
07/09/2003 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
07/06/2006 Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena

I can't wait until they announce the 2nd leg of the North American tour.

rage patton
07-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I want to go to the Seattle shows but I won't be able to afford them. Oh well. Im sure they will hit up Vancouver one day.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I just want to see what shows people have gone to!

And I don't know. Can you top 12 + EV solo + Letterman?

i think i can top 12 (have to count again), but you got me on EV and letterman. thats pretty cool btw, which letterman did you go to?

luckyface
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
i think i can top 12 (have to count again), but you got me on EV and letterman. thats pretty cool btw, which letterman did you go to?

It was the 2004 Masters of War performance. It actually worked out amazingly. I was going to NY that week on vacation and then there were big rumors of them playing one of the day I was out there. Supposedly it is a lot easier to get tickets if you have a NY address, so my sister who lived out there put in for Letterman tickets for me, and she was able to choose the show they were rumored to play before it was officially announced.

woogie846
07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
I've only seen Pearl Jam once at the Forum in 2006 with Sonic Youth.

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Got 10/6 tickets...gonna attempt for 10/7 tickets later on today then SD tomorrow and gonna try for the Seattle shows on TM saturday...

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Got 10/6 tickets...gonna attempt for 10/7 tickets later on today then SD tomorrow and gonna try for the Seattle shows on TM saturday...

how are you going to do that? you have multiple tenclub accounts or something?

TallGuyCM
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Pearl Jam, 14x:

10/24/00 - Greek Theatre (Los Angeles, CA)
10/25/00 - San Diego Sports Arena (San Diego, CA)
06/02/03 - Irvine Meadows (Irvine, CA)
06/03/03 - Irvine Meadows (Irvine, CA)
06/05/03 - San Diego Sports Arena (San Diego, CA)
06/06/03 - MGM Garden Arena (Las Vegas, NV)
06/07/03 - Cricket Pavilion (Phoenix, AZ)
10/28/03 - Santa Barbara Bowl (Santa Barbara, CA)
09/24/04 - The Showbox-Market (Seattle, WA)
07/06/06 - MGM Garden Arena (Las Vegas, NV)
07/07/06 - Cox Arena (San Diego, CA)
07/09/06 - The Forum (Inglewood, CA)
07/10/06 - The Forum (Inglewood, CA)
07/16/06 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (San Francisco, CA)

Eddie Vedder, 4x:

04/10/08 - Arlington Theatre (Santa Barbara, CA)
04/12/08 - The Wiltern (Los Angeles, CA)
04/13/08 - The Wiltern (Los Angeles, CA)
04/15/08 - Spreckels Theatre (San Diego, CA)

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
how are you going to do that? you have multiple tenclub accounts or something?

luckily my pops likes them as much as i do...

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 03:05 PM
luckily my pops likes them as much as i do...

nice one...lucky bastard.

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 03:08 PM
in for N2...so damn easy what a surprise...now SD tomorrow and hopefully the other LA shows on saturday

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
BTW, I counted 15 PJ shows, here is my list:

1998-07-10, Cox Arena, San Diego, California
2000-10-22, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada (10th anniversary show)
2000-10-24, Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, California
2000-10-25, San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, California
2000-10-28, Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavillion, San Bernadino, California
2002-12-05, The Showbox, Seattle, Washington
2002-12-06, The Showbox, Seattle, Washington
2002-12-08, Key Arena, Seattle, Washington
2002-12-09, Key Arena, Seattle, Washington
2003-06-02, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, California
2003-06-03, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, California
2003-06-05, San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, California
2006-07-07, Cox Arena, San Diego, California
2006-07-09, The L.A. Forum, Los Angeles, California
2006-07-13, Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, California

uscjeff
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Love this band

6/2/03 - Verizon Amphitheatre, Irvine, CA
6/5/03 - San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
6/5/03 - MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas, NV
10/28/03 - Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA
7/9/06 - The Forum, Los Angeles, CA
7/10/06 - The Forum, Los Angeles, CA
7/13/06 - Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA
7/15/06 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
7/16/06 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
10/22/06 - Bridge School Benefit - Shoreline Ampthitheatre, Mountain View, CA
8/2/07 - Vic Theatre, Chicago, IL
8/5/07 - Lollapalooza - Grant Park, Chicago, IL

And back to the trade issue - I am looking to trade my LA1 if anyone has any of the other nights. 10c # 275xxx

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
And back to the trade issue - I am looking to trade my LA1 if anyone has any of the other nights. 10c # 275xxx

lol, well considering everybody here got night 1 as well, might be hard for us to trade with each other.

and wow, you had quite a nice run in 06...too bad you missed sd on that one though, it was one of my favs.

boarderwoozel3
07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I missed getting tickets :( They're going to be soooooooooo expensive now. Like ~$150 each

TallGuyCM
07-14-2009, 10:28 PM
and wow, you had quite a nice run in 06...too bad you missed sd on that one though, it was one of my favs.

I was back and to the left up in the seats, and the guys behind me passed me a joint. I took a few hits and then all of a sudden the lights went all red and they played Satan's Bed. It tripped me the fuck out because they never play that song, it was one of the only Vitalogy songs that I had never heard live, and on top of that it looked like flames were coming out of Eddie's eyes when he was singing it.

Oh god and I almost fainted when they opened with Oceans. That was the best opening song I've ever seen at any show, with the purple and pink lights, even better than when they opened with Release in LA a few nights later.

Sexecutioner
07-14-2009, 10:38 PM
dude, somehow there are still tickets left for LA4. WTF? I totally did it wrong. Should have used my tix for that one, seeing apparently everybody else played it safe like we did and went for the first shows. This sucks, they should open it up to everybody now.

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
dude, somehow there are still tickets left for LA4. WTF? I totally did it wrong. Should have used my tix for that one, seeing apparently everybody else played it safe like we did and went for the first shows. This sucks, they should open it up to everybody now.

no. they shouldn't. hate to be a dick about it but people who decided to wait for N4 shouldn't be punished because everyone went for the 1st shows...

PJandBompton
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I was back and to the left up in the seats, and the guys behind me passed me a joint. I took a few hits and then all of a sudden the lights went all red and they played Satan's Bed. It tripped me the fuck out because they never play that song, it was one of the only Vitalogy songs that I had never heard live, and on top of that it looked like flames were coming out of Eddie's eyes when he was singing it.

Oh god and I almost fainted when they opened with Oceans. That was the best opening song I've ever seen at any show, with the purple and pink lights, even better than when they opened with Release in LA a few nights later.

Damn, better than Release? I've been blessed to have as the openers for my 3 full PJ shows, in order, Oceans in SD, and Hard to Imagine and Wash in Mansfield...all were fucking brilliant

luckyface
07-15-2009, 07:28 AM
My show list:

7/8/98 - Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, AZ
10/11/00 - Riverport Amphitheater, St. Louis, MO (still my favorite show ever)
10/12/00 - Sandstone Amphitheater, Kansas City, MO
10/21/00 - Desert Sky Pavillion, Phoenix, AZ
4/22/03 - Savvis Center, St Louis, MO
4/23/03 - Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
6/7/03 - Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ
9/30/04 - Ed Sullivan Theater, NY, NY
7/7/06 - Cox Arena, San Diego, CA
7/9/06 - The Forum, LA, CA
7/10/06 - The Forum, LA, CA
7/13/06 - Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA
7/22/06 - The Gorge, George, WA

Seriously, that St Louis show is one of the best setlists I have seen from the band, and it was such an amazing show. SD 06 is right behind it and the Gorge was also a piledriver of a show.

Tylerdurden31
07-15-2009, 07:45 AM
I wanna play:

9/29/1996 - Randall's Island, NY (168 minutes) holy crap
04/30/03 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: Uniondale, NY
07/08/03 - Madison Square Garden: New York, NY
07/09/03 - Madison Square Garden: New York, NY
07/12/03 - Hersheypark Stadium: Hershey, PA
07/14/03 - PNC Bank Arts Center: Holmdel, NJ
10/25/03 - Shoreline Amphitheater: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School Benefit) (acoustic)
10/08/04 - Silver Spurs Arena: Kissimmee, FL (Vote for Change Tour)
06/01/06 - Continental Arena: East Rutherford, NJ

I feel like maybe I'm missing one or two...but maybe not

TommyboyUNM
07-15-2009, 07:52 AM
My turn:

06/13/08 - Bonnaroo Music Festival (Manchester, TN)

luckyface
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
I wanna play:

9/29/1996 - Randall's Island, NY (168 minutes) holy crap

I am so jealous that you got to see this show. Is this the one where Eddie duct taped himself and jumped into the crowd?

Sexecutioner
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
I am so jealous that you got to see this show. Is this the one where Eddie duct taped himself and jumped into the crowd?

That version of porch gives me goose bumps every time. "shout it out! let em hear ya!"

luckyface
07-15-2009, 08:15 AM
That is a great version of Porch, but nothing beats the St Petersburg, FL 94 version.

tb9V2WKEbdU

The opening speech is cut, but that ruled too. He talked about publicly hanging a serial killer out in Florida.

TallGuyCM
07-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Looks like Backspacer's gonna clock in at around 39 minutes. Not a terrible thing I guess, but I really like it when they let songs flow a little like they did on Inside Job or Sleight of Hand or even Of the Girl, even if it makes them a tad lengthy.

TallGuyCM
07-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Fuck yeah. A bit more stressful than yesterday's presale, but I scored a pair of tickets to the San Diego show. I guess that was to be expected with more people trying at once, but damn the site was way slower and it really stressed me out for a second!

Sexecutioner
07-15-2009, 09:05 AM
same here. shit was slow and i got a server error when i hit buy, had to go back and do it again. i was stressin. luckily it went through the 2nd time.

luckyface
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Same experience as you 4ransom. But I am all set now! Just have to wait for the Saturday on sale at TM to get me the 10/6 show and then I am golden.

TallGuyCM
07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
same here. shit was slow and i got a server error when i hit buy, had to go back and do it again. i was stressin. luckily it went through the 2nd time.

Congrats! I'm really pumped on the fact that I can rest easy about this show now...I really didn't want to have to get SD tix in addition to more LA tix on Saturday morning.

PJandBompton
07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
FUCK!!! No 10c seats for my fucking hometown show god damn i'm pissed i've been waiting for this for 3 years and miss out

kreutz2112
07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Can't you just get regular tickets?

PJandBompton
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Can't you just get regular tickets?

TM is a fucking crapshoot and you already know you aren't gonna get great seats because of the 10C...plus i was planning to get tickets to another LA show if I got SD tix today...

Sexecutioner
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
what happened? were you on right at 10 or what?

kreutz2112
07-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh I thought you meant there were no 10c seats at all available.

PJandBompton
07-15-2009, 11:01 AM
what happened? were you on right at 10 or what?

thought onsale was 12...tried from 10:30 til it officially said sold out...

Tylerdurden31
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM

that's the one

love the set

set: Sometimes, Go, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Animal, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Lukin, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy (new), Once, Rats, Last Exit, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Black, Alive, Porch
enc 1: In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW)/(WMA), Mankind, Long Road, Leaving Here
enc 2: Off He Goes, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter

Sexecutioner
07-15-2009, 11:23 AM
that's the one

love the set

set: Sometimes, Go, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Animal, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Lukin, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy (new), Once, Rats, Last Exit, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Black, Alive, Porch
enc 1: In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW)/(WMA), Mankind, Long Road, Leaving Here
enc 2: Off He Goes, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter

yea, i have a bootleg for that show and it sounds fuckin intense. jealous!

Sexecutioner
07-18-2009, 09:42 AM
sooo? howd everybody do? not so well here. i got the show i wanted, but not the best seats.

i got an extra pair for the last LA show if anybody wants them...

whynotsmile99
07-18-2009, 09:44 AM
might be interested 4ransom where they at?

all i could get was loge s. for 75 bucks, wasn't ahving that

Sexecutioner
07-18-2009, 09:47 AM
might be interested 4ransom where they at?

all i could get was loge s. for 75 bucks, wasn't ahving that

there is no loge s, loge are numbers, not letters. my extra set are loge 20, row L. not horrible, but not great. they're just off to the side a bit. i ended up pulling another set up in mezz row b, up higher, but right in the middle, so taking those instead. i'm going to ask a buddy of mine if he wants my extra set, but if not, i just want to sell them for face.

TallGuyCM
07-18-2009, 10:02 AM
sooo? howd everybody do? not so well here. i got the show i wanted, but not the best seats.

i got an extra pair for the last LA show if anybody wants them...

Well I fucked up pretty bad. I took a risk and it didn't pay off. I had always wondered about having two tabs open at once and whether they kick you off or not, now I know.

I knew you couldn't do it for the same show, but thought you might be able to have 2 tabs open for 2 different shows, and even called ticketmaster ahead of time to verify. The uninformed bitch said that as long as I don't use the credit card on two transactions simultaneously I'd be fine. WRONG.

I pulled up a Loge 20 pair for Night 4 originally and a center Orchestra single for Night 3, but lost them both because of having the tabs open so now I'm stuck with far left Mezzanine for Night 4 and far right Orchestra for Night 3.

Happy I'm going, but pains me to think of what I could have had if I hadn't taken that gamble.

Sexecutioner
07-18-2009, 10:05 AM
gotta have different browsers, then you're ok. same browser, but different tabs = fail.

i pulled up like 50 sets of tickets for night 4 and still am not very happy. oh well, ill have fan club seats for 2 other nights, so cant complain too much. still, im a seat snob and it pisses me off to sit in mezzanine. at least im dead center though...

TallGuyCM
07-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah try not only being in the Mezzanine but having the person you're going with bitch about it the whole time, even though I'm hooking him up with a 10 club ticket night 1 and he didn't do shit to get the tickets.

luckyface
07-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I think the 10C seats limited the number of good tickets available. I pulled up pretty sub-par seats for night 3, which I would imagine would be the least in demand night of the four. Anyway, no complaints. I am now set for night 3 and night 4 if I decide to go (Fever Ray is that night).

TallGuyCM
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
I am now set for night 3 and night 4 if I decide to go (Fever Ray is that night).

I was gonna skip night 4 and go to Fever Ray...but this is my favorite band we're talking about. A friend of mine knocked some sense into me with a very good point, what he said was "dude, you gotta see Pearl Jam that night. If you go to Fever Ray it might be good but you're just gonna be wondering what the Pearl Jam setlist is the entire time."

Which couldn't be more true.

uscjeff
07-18-2009, 01:44 PM
n1 - 10c
n2 - Orch 2, kk single
n3 - Orch 1, gg single
n4 - Loge 23, A pair

I am happy

PJandBompton
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
wasn't able to get any decent tickets at SDSU as the people there were morons, but at least i'm going, and managed to get LA tickets for 9/30 when i got home...4 shows for me so i'm stokedddd cannot wait

kretz
07-20-2009, 12:23 AM
New song is out...
http://www.grungereport.net/2009/07/20/listen-to-pearl-jams-brand-new-song-the-fixer/

PJandBompton
07-20-2009, 02:34 AM
fucking awesome...wayyy better than WWS...cannot fucking wait for Backspacer after hearing the 1st two songs

TallGuyCM
07-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Not super crazy about The Fixer. Gonna have to listen a bunch more though.

Sexecutioner
07-20-2009, 10:54 AM
this song blows.

bleep
07-20-2009, 08:30 PM
this song is, um, quite upbeat. that's not exactly one of PJ's common traits, is it?

pancakespancakes
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Sounds great after first listen.

luckyface
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I am actually a big fan of the song. I know it is getting destroyed at the PJ boards, but I sincerely like it. A much, much better lead single than the last two offerings (I Am Mine, Worldwide Suicide).

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Much, much better than I Am Mine??????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

luckyface
07-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Yep. I Am Mine is awful, just like the rest of Riot Act. That album might be the worst album ever created by a good band.

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 08:56 AM
That album might be the worst album ever created by a good band.

I agree.

The first time I listened to Riot Act I thought I was listening to some shitty Linkin Park song when You Are started. Help Help is probably the worst song on the album. Bushleaguer should sound a lot more like Lukin to be taken seriously. And the worst part of all, to me is how extremely generic and cop-outs of songs Ghost and Get Right are. It just sounds like the band not giving a fuck.

But I like Can't Keep as an opener. And Thumbing My Way is a fucking great song, one of the best slow songs in their entire catalog, imo. Green Disease is catchy and fun kinda like the Fixer is come to think of it. I have nothing against Cropduster and 1/2 Full, too. And All or None is a classic PJ closer, just like all the rest of their albums.

Sexecutioner
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Yep. I Am Mine is awful, just like the rest of Riot Act. That album might be the worst album ever created by a good band.

wow, i completely disagree. i liked i am mine, as well as a lot of riot act. this might be due to the fact that i saw them a ton on that tour, and seeing songs live always helps them grow on you, but still, i think i liked i am mine right away, whereas this song just plain sucks. so much so that it makes me sad for the band. i hope the rest of the album does not sound like this. even world wide suicide was way better than this song IMO.

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I loved I Am Mine. Great lyrics, classic PJ sound with the classic McCready solo at the end.

Sexecutioner
07-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree.

The first time I listened to Riot Act I thought I was listening to some shitty Linkin Park song when You Are started. Help Help is probably the worst song on the album. Bushleaguer should sound a lot more like Lukin to be taken seriously. And the worst part of all, to me is how extremely generic and cop-outs of songs Ghost and Get Right are. It just sounds like the band not giving a fuck.

But I like Can't Keep as an opener. And Thumbing My Way is a fucking great song, one of the best slow songs in their entire catalog, imo. Green Disease is catchy and fun kinda like the Fixer is come to think of it. I have nothing against Cropduster and 1/2 Full, too. And All or None is a classic PJ closer, just like all the rest of their albums.

yea, i sort of agree with you. half the album is really good and half is total crap. but i feel like thats how every album of theirs has been lately. yield was their last solid album, and everything after i have to pick and choose from.

luckyface
07-21-2009, 09:39 AM
wow, i completely disagree. i liked i am mine, as well as a lot of riot act. this might be due to the fact that i saw them a ton on that tour, and seeing songs live always helps them grow on you, but still, i think i liked i am mine right away, whereas this song just plain sucks. so much so that it makes me sad for the band. i hope the rest of the album does not sound like this. even world wide suicide was way better than this song IMO.

I saw them three times on that tour, and the only song I even remotely enjoyed live was Green Disease, which happens to be the only song that I could stand on the album.

Honestly from top to bottom, the album is musical diarrhea to me. Some of their worst lyrics combined with the worst music. "Love is a tower, and you're the key". Really?? And put that gem to the fucking music from POD's "Youth of a Nation"? Plus, any album that utilizes Boom deserves to be shat upon. That assclown has no business being anywhere near the band.

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 09:52 AM
So tell us how you really feel? ;)

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Boom but whatever. When he and McCready trade off solos during Crazy Mary I think it's great.

And I never made the POD correlation before! That's very true.

pewter14
07-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I saw them three times on that tour, and the only song I even remotely enjoyed live was Green Disease, which happens to be the only song that I could stand on the album.

Honestly from top to bottom, the album is musical diarrhea to me. Some of their worst lyrics combined with the worst music. "Love is a tower, and you're the key". Really?? And put that gem to the fucking music from POD's "Youth of a Nation"? Plus, any album that utilizes Boom deserves to be shat upon. That assclown has no business being anywhere near the band.

Can't Keep is a great song, and fits in very nicely as an opener in concert.

Overplayed or not, Save You still rocks.

I am Mine, wasn't a huge fan, but, I thought EV pulled it of very nicely during the solo shows I saw.

Riot Act fits into where I feel these guys are right now ... every album is going to have 3 or 4 songs I love, 3 or 4 songs I like and 3 or 4 songs that are ok at best.

As for the Fixer ... after hearing the snipets during the All Star Game, I was so excited, the opening riff had me giddy ... but, man, what a let down ... between this tune, You Are, and Evacuation, they really shouldn't let Matt's songs be anything more than b-sides.

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 10:00 AM
between this tune, You Are, and Evacuation, they really shouldn't let Matt's songs be anything more than b-sides.

That's so true. I was just thinking this morning how Evacuation is the worst song on Binaural by a long shot.

luckyface
07-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Can't Keep is a great song, and fits in very nicely as an opener in concert.

Overplayed or not, Save You still rocks.

I keep hearing Can't Keep is great live, but I have yet to hear it. When I finally get that, I will weigh in. On album, it does nothing for me.

Oh don't get me started on Save You hahaha.

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah I don't really care for Save You.

PJandBompton
07-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Your crazy if you don't think You Are was awesome at SD06...

TallGuyCM
07-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember the first note of it being played and thinking to myself "goddammit why the fuck are they playing this song this tour???" and hating every minute of it.

pewter14
07-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I keep hearing Can't Keep is great live, but I have yet to hear it. When I finally get that, I will weigh in. On album, it does nothing for me.

Oh don't get me started on Save You hahaha.

I really like this solo version of Can't Keep ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po6U4EeQ820

Sexecutioner
07-23-2009, 03:24 PM
holy shit...i didnt realize how much these tickets cost me through the general onsale until i just looked at my cc statement. i didnt look when i bought them cuz its pearl jam and i'm probably going no matter what, but fuckin a...$90/ticket after charges?? FUCK THEM!

luckyface
07-23-2009, 03:33 PM
holy shit...i didnt realize how much these tickets cost me through the general onsale until i just looked at my cc statement. i didnt look when i bought them cuz its pearl jam and i'm probably going no matter what, but fuckin a...$90/ticket after charges?? FUCK THEM!

No shit. What happened to this band? Did you ever hear Eddie's rant that people stealing music online keeps him from being able to pay for eggs at the local diner? That was a classic.

I ordered eggs at a little restaurant in Seattle the other day and it was $9.50. I'm thinking you can't spend two extra bucks for a record that you worked and put your heart and soul into. I think the problem is that you're going to have to charge more for tickets, which is something we've always been abhorrent to do. Either that, or you're going to have to start accepting sponsorships. That's going to be the normal thing or start selling your music to Viagra commercials, supporting, supporting (laughs) things like artificial erections. As an artist, that puts you in an interesting position and I'm not sure what we’ll do or how we'll do it. I'm glad we gave money away when we did when it came in from making records. We kind of spread it around and helped people in our community and abroad in different ways. I'm glad we did it when we could. It's different now.

http://filmdrunk.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dismissivewank.gif

Sexecutioner
07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
http://filmdrunk.lg1x8.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dismissivewank.gif this pretty much sums up that whole speech perfectly.

i wonder how much each of them would make from a tour charging 50/ticket? I bet it would be more than enough to pay for his fucking eggs, and a big ass house to eat them in too. seems like they are getting older now and making sure their fuckin 401ks are all in order n shit. i guess my days of hitting up as many possible shows are over, since PJ apparently thinks they are fuckin coldplay now with their $80 tickets. oh well, all good things come to an end i guess...

paulb
07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
ya...tickets are really fuckin expensive....but 3h set, Pearl Jam, small venue....cant wait!

brokenDREAMS
07-23-2009, 04:24 PM
ya...tickets are really fuckin expensive....but 3h set, Pearl Jam, small venue....cant wait!

let's not forget that ben harper/relentless7 will be the tearing shit up before PJ...

TallGuyCM
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Probably closer to 2 and a half hours, but yeah way better than almost any other band.

MarkO
07-23-2009, 04:46 PM
By error and omission I have somehow never seen Pearl Jam live. I looked at their tix for the Key Arena shows ... ~$80 for shit seats. I think not Mr.Vedder. I saw U2 there a while back and the sound sucks up in the nosebleeds.

Sexecutioner
07-23-2009, 06:32 PM
let's not forget that ben harper/relentless7 will be the tearing shit up before PJ...

yea, thats how i've been trying to justify it to myself also.

pancakespancakes
07-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I would (and have) paid $50+ to see Ben Harper, and I'd definitely pay $100 to see Pearl Jam, although I don't go to more than one show per tour like you guys do. So this is easily more than worth it for me.

PJandBompton
07-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Um am i crazy or are the ticket prices not the same or not lower than most acts their size? $90 is misleading, that's after fees...$75 for them at a less than 10,000 seat venue definitely seems worth it to me...

luckyface
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Take into consideration the same type of bands that charge this much usually have some elaborate production to back them. PJ certainly would not do that (nor would I want them to). That is where a lot of high costs get filtered.

This is the same band that charged me $81 6 years ago and $117 3 years ago for two tickets. Just because others out there charge that much, it doesn't mean I have to think it is cool. It is hilarious to see how far they have come. Fighting to keep tickets under $20 back in the mid-90's to this now. $76/ticket before fees for a bare bones show. I paid less AFTER fees for two tickets to that 2003 show then I did for one ticket after fees on this current tour. Anyway, I will pay the piper because I am a schmuck and PJ meant to much to me in my youth to not see them. I often wonder how young Ed would look at himself nowadays. I guess a man has to eat his eggs, right?

MarkO
07-24-2009, 07:13 AM
I've decided not to go. As much as I like them (I remember the video for Alive on MTV Europe before anyone had really heard of the band), I would only be going to see them at this point for nostalgia reasons, not because I feel they are a vital band anymore.

boarderwoozel3
07-24-2009, 07:21 AM
By error and omission I have somehow never seen Pearl Jam live. I looked at their tix for the Key Arena shows ... ~$80 for shit seats. I think not Mr.Vedder. I saw U2 there a while back and the sound sucks up in the nosebleeds.

I'm in the same boat. I'll pay $80 for a quality show like this but not crummy seats to the side and at the top of the lower level. But in all fairness, it was more my mistake by not being on ticketmaster at 10am. Those 10 extra minutes kill.

Have to catch them on the tail end or second leg of this tour.

Sexecutioner
07-24-2009, 07:41 AM
if i were you guys i would check craigslist as it gets closer to the show. its not uncommon to find people unloading tix at face value, and you might be able to find some better than whats on tm.com right now.

luckyface
07-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Also try one of the PJ boards. Fans usually try to sell for face value in fear of the 10C ganking their memberships or to try to make friends on the Internet.

MarkO
07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
............. But in all fairness, it was more my mistake by not being on ticketmaster at 10am. Those 10 extra minutes kill.

Well, for me, I have to work and can't always be at the pc at 10am.

Plus, I distinctly remember also being late for the game for RH tix and waste got me a very decent ticket in the end for their tour.

PJandBompton
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Take into consideration the same type of bands that charge this much usually have some elaborate production to back them. PJ certainly would not do that (nor would I want them to). That is where a lot of high costs get filtered.

This is the same band that charged me $81 6 years ago and $117 3 years ago for two tickets. Just because others out there charge that much, it doesn't mean I have to think it is cool. It is hilarious to see how far they have come. Fighting to keep tickets under $20 back in the mid-90's to this now. $76/ticket before fees for a bare bones show. I paid less AFTER fees for two tickets to that 2003 show then I did for one ticket after fees on this current tour. Anyway, I will pay the piper because I am a schmuck and PJ meant to much to me in my youth to not see them. I often wonder how young Ed would look at himself nowadays. I guess a man has to eat his eggs, right?

very well put...completely makes sense to me now,

boarderwoozel3
07-24-2009, 05:33 PM
if i were you guys i would check craigslist as it gets closer to the show. its not uncommon to find people unloading tix at face value, and you might be able to find some better than whats on tm.com right now.

Also try one of the PJ boards. Fans usually try to sell for face value in fear of the 10C ganking their memberships or to try to make friends on the Internet.

CL was definitely on my radar but I hadn't thought of the PJ boards. I'll keep tabs on both as the shows get closer. Good call.

pewter14
07-27-2009, 09:49 AM
CL was definitely on my radar but I hadn't thought of the PJ boards. I'll keep tabs on both as the shows get closer. Good call.

They recently made the offical PJ board only accessable if you are a member of the fan club.

I believe the #2 board would be here ... http://www.theskyiscrape.com ...
"Red Mosquito" ... follow the links to the forum.

I'm heading up to Seattle for the two shows ... these are right when the new album is released, and they haven't played Seattle in what 5 - 6 years? Should be agreat shows ......... I hope.

MarkO
07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
They played The Gorge in '06. Same w/end the Red Sox played in Seattle so I went to the Sox games and they were swept. Go figure. :(

Sexecutioner
07-27-2009, 12:29 PM
haha, thats what you get for a)choosing baseball over pearl jam, and b)being a red sox fan.

MarkO
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
The Sox also played in Seattle the same w/end Tool played The Gorge in '06. Sold my ticket to Tool .................. and the Sox were swept again in Seattle. :(

I was bitter on the drive home. To say the least.

TallGuyCM
07-27-2009, 08:47 PM
^ This just reeks of terrible planning.

MarkO
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
^ This just reeks of terrible planning.

Yes, it was.

PJandBompton
07-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Speed of Sound demo is out...really really good and completely different than Got Some and The Fixer...

kretz
07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Speed of Sound demo is out...really really good and completely different than Got Some and The Fixer...
http://www.grungereport.net/2009/07/30/listen-to-demo-of-new-pearl-jam-song-speed-of-sound/
For those of you lazy like me who are too lazy to do the scavenger hunt...

Amazing song though, I am very excited now for Backspacer!