PDA

View Full Version : ? about transportation to coachella

emzee
01-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Im planing on flying from miami with my g/f, does anyone have any suggestion's of what airport to land to? Also is there any type of bus, taxi, or hotel charter busses going to the actual event from any hotels around the area? Or also if i have to land at lax, how would i get to the indio area from there, because it looks pretty far away? If anyone has any suggestions i would very much appreciate it, it's our 1st time to coachella.

rampaige
01-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Are you camping? If you're staying at a hotel I would just recommend getting a rental. From lax to indio is only a little over 2 hours. Palm Springs to indio is maybe 20-30 minutes.

NoneForMeThanks
01-21-2007, 05:09 PM
LAX will be the easiest and cheapest. Yes, it's 2 hours away, but hitching a ride from LA shouldn't be a problem. You could probably take taxi, too.

I've heard some hotels offer shuttles to the grounds and there are always taxis. Maybe rent a car?

laineinla
01-21-2007, 05:19 PM
i'd recommend ontario ... slightly more expensive probably than flying in/out of LAX, but it is much closer (oh yes, rent a car unless you are camping and can hitch a ride w/ someone). the ontario airport lets you avoid a lot of that evil 10 east traffic (especially if you're arriving on friday). my 2 cents as a native angeleno ;)

check out http://www.lawa.org/ont/ontGT.cfm for some options

josephv909
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
i would for sure fly into ontario, ca because its much closer to indio. like the person stated before me, it may cost a little bit more, but its much easier to travel and it saves you an hour of driving. also, i suggest getting a rental car.

emzee
01-22-2007, 05:04 AM
thanx for all the input, how's the motel 6 in palm springs, cause i might be forced to stay there?