PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mamba VS King James

victhebrick21
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
There was a national poll on ESPN about who has a better chance to take their team to the promise land and the majority picked Lebron. The man is truly talented, but when it comes to an all around game, you have to give it to Kobe. The best fade away jumper in the game.

See at the end of June!!

weeklymix
05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
garbage. make a poll.

indietron
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
The Lakers will destroy the Cavs. End of story.

Jagh20
05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
The Lakers will destroy the Cavs. End of story.

Exactly...

indietron
05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Although besides the point, it is true.

Concerning the actual question: "who has a better chance to take their team to the Finals?" ...Kobe and the Lakers are going to walk into the finals. Lebron and the Cavs are gonna have a tougher time getting through their conference though.

theanteater
05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
lakers WILL totally win it all this year...but i think if they play the cavs lebron would be able to take over and win at least 2 games, maybe 3. I also think the rockets will matchup well with the lakers...artest and batier on kobe could cause problems. We'll get through though :)

obzen
05-01-2009, 02:34 PM
LeBron is a beast and a great player,his skills can potentially rival that of The Black Mamba-but he doesnt possess Kobe's basketball IQ and leadership(poise)

besides,if LeBron hadnt had the opportunity to play and condition w/Kobe over the summer in Bejing he wouldnt quite be the player that he is now just yet,and neither would alot of the players on the redeem team for that matter-remember that...

oh,and The Lakers will find a good challenge in Denver(i dunno about Houston-i like LA in 5 in that series)

The Cavs,on the other hand,have to battle against a really hungry Atlanta squad only to face off against Orlando and the other beast in the east in the conference finals(-IMO-)

if it is indeed LA and Cleveland in The Finals-i like The Lakers in 6

theanteater
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
the east is actually stronger than the west this year...or maybe they're all just on the same level

obzen
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
wrong,the west is the more consistent conference and therefore stronger

three of the eastern playoff squads didnt even manage better than a .500 win %

theanteater
05-01-2009, 04:56 PM
wrong,the west is the more consistent conference and therefore stronger

three of the eastern playoff squads didnt even manage better than a .500 win %

ya you're right. i think it's just that the east is full of mediocre teams that all knock each other out. It seems like every series in the east could go either way. But it does seem that way a bit in the west this year too, except for the lakers series'

obzen
05-01-2009, 05:06 PM
dont be such a yes man
-you shouldnt give up on your point so easily:rolleyes

(:thu)

theanteater
05-02-2009, 10:17 PM
haha. you just worded my point better than i did..

victhebrick21
05-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Lakers are actually better off playing the Rockets instead of the Blazers. The Lakers haven't won at Portland the last 8 times there. Yao is soft and this team has no playoff experience

indietron
05-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Yeah, we will breeze by the rockets. Nuggets will be a little bit tougher, but we will still be able to handle them