04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Believe.

obzen
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
alright already,i agree!!

...only if they close out The Sahara.

instinct
04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Outkast is way too big for a tent, and their music is not dancey enough. They better play mainstage, and play all their old shit.

obzen
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Outdoor Stage

BKsaysAction!
04-28-2009, 06:29 PM
One day.

unknown
04-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes please.

Main stage will be fine.

Would they have a full band? We think the Dap Kings would be fun.

Absolutely nothing from Idlewild please.

http://static.songkick.com/static/r38/img/artists/240/405714.jpg

Boourns
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Outkast would headline, are you people on crack?

FoxeyLady
04-28-2009, 07:01 PM
outkast can NOT headline, perfect subheadliner though. main stage fasho

summerkid
04-28-2009, 07:03 PM
how could outkast not headline? multi platinum artists, critically praised, have not toured in about 7 years. They would totally headline you guys are on crack.

seandlr
04-28-2009, 07:17 PM
A great saturday headliner on the mainstage...
Crackheads

instinct
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM

Are you insane??

DRcube
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
2010 is the year of OUTKAST

instinct
04-28-2009, 07:35 PM
23 X PLATINUM TOTAL
25 SINGLES
6 ALBUMS

Blinken
04-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Headline, and would fucking great. 2010 is the year for them.

obzen
04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
i guess im okay with it as long as they somehow negate any headlining possibilities for muse/arcade fire/wilco/flaming lips etc.

in other words-Outkast would have to be 'the weak headliner' of the weekend

seandlr
04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Friday-> daft punk & gorillaz
Saturday -> outkast
Sunday -> bowie
=
Unfucking believable / splurge in my pants

obzen
04-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Friday-Outkast/Faith No More

Saturday-David Bowie

Sunday-Tool

seandlr
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Switch bowie and tool

Coachella Bound
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM

I feel really bad for you that you said this...... tisk tisk!

Cdubby
04-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Outkast/Kings of Leon/The Who

*SURREAL*
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM
OutKast would be sick !!! I was hoping they would be added on this year , but no dice . Hopefully 2010 is the year !

obzen
04-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Switch bowie and tool

yeah but if i switched them there might be risk of David Bowie violating the noise ordinance that Indio has imposed-and id much rather have Tool close out the weekend with a highly anticipated showcase of new forthcoming material

Tools set would start @10:00pm

superfiction
04-28-2009, 09:19 PM
i hope so. im calling soundgarden 2010 right now too.
will someone quote me on that? so i can be the first 100% believer in the coachella soundgarden reunion?

*SURREAL*
04-28-2009, 09:40 PM
i hope so. im calling soundgarden 2010 right now too.
will someone quote me on that? so i can be the first 100% believer in the coachella soundgarden reunion?

soundgarden......wow , get pearl jam there too , eddie and chris can sing hunger strike = awesomtacious !

summerkid
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
soundgarden...GROSS!!

Outkast
Arcade Fire
Daft Punk

ftw.

Sexecutioner
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Outkast
Pearl Jam
Bowie

boarderwoozel3
04-28-2009, 10:22 PM
how could outkast not headline? multi platinum artists, critically praised, have not toured in about 7 years. They would totally headline you guys are on crack.

Me? No. The individual who said they should close the Sahara? Yes.

obzen
04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Outkast
Pearl Jam
Bowie

how about:
Friday-Pearl Jam/Faith No More
Saturday-David Bowie/Outkast closing a special,modified Sahara(a la Daft Punk 2006?)
Sunday-Tool/Echo and the Bunnymen

boarderwoozel3
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Outkast has nothing to do with the Sahara, NOTHING! It's mainstage or bust, if they ever play.

superfiction
04-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Outkast has nothing to do with the Sahara, NOTHING! It's mainstage or bust, if they ever play.

qft

Coachella Bound
04-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Im pretty much over Sound Garden, it be great to see them but Chris C. seems like so a f*ing deuch that it probably wont ever go down. Pearl Jam though, there do...

ADGZ662
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM

I think theyd put on an amazing show in the sahara with a lightshow, crazy costumes, and of course the great sound in the sahara tent

Sexecutioner
04-29-2009, 09:49 AM
how about:
Friday-Pearl Jam/Faith No More
Saturday-David Bowie/Outkast closing a special,modified Sahara(a la Daft Punk 2006?)
Sunday-Tool/Echo and the Bunnymen

shit, i forgot about FNM. I will revise my list:

Fri: Outkast
Sat: Faith No More
Sun: Pearl Jam

shit, that would be a dreamchella for me.

seandlr
04-29-2009, 12:16 PM
yeah but if i switched them there might be risk of David Bowie violating the noise ordinance that Indio has imposed-and id much rather have Tool close out the weekend with a highly anticipated showcase of new forthcoming material

Tools set would start @10:00pm

true, but i cant go from singing heroes one night to singing aenima :/

seandlr
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
and pleaseee, no sound garden, and its a high possibility it will happen but i also dont want peal jam

superfiction
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
you guys know soundgarden is one word right?

seyrnon
04-29-2009, 10:02 PM
i guess im okay with it as long as they somehow negate any headlining possibilities for muse/arcade fire/wilco/flaming lips etc.

if outkast was a "Weak" Headliner, then that would be awesome IMO, there wouldn't be any headliner to disappoint me with that

summerkid
04-29-2009, 10:30 PM

uh how would Outkast be the weak headliner? there aren't many artists bigger than Outkast and its a rare get they haven't toured since 2001 and didn't ever tour for their most popular album. It'd be huge news if they played coachella. they are seriously one of the best selling artists in history. weak headliner pshh.

PotVsKtl
04-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I think theyd put on an amazing show in the sahara with a lightshow, crazy costumes, and of course the great sound in the sahara tent

That's nice. The tent would be torn to the ground.

moomoo
04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I can't wait for this to happen.

(2010)

WhyTheLongFace
04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Sig Check Motherfuckers!
Believe!

WhyTheLongFace
04-29-2009, 11:14 PM
How epic would it be Saturday Coachella for the lights to get low circa 10PM. The big Outkast sign lights up the main stage in neon lights
http://i27.tinypic.com/1rrsp0.jpg
The Crowd roars and then you hear 1,2, 1,2,3, yeah!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0P9gGsMNky8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0P9gGsMNky8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Here's my dream set list for outkast at coachella (1 hour)

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzic
The Way You Move
ATLiens
We Luv Deez Hoez
Ain't No Thang
The Whole World (w/ Killer Mike)
Rosa Parks
Players Ball
Git Up, Git Out (w/ Cee-lo)
So Fresh, So Clean
GhettoMusick
Ms. Jackson
Hey Ya
B.O.B.

omg i would die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thinking about it i get excited. please GV!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2009, 08:05 AM
^ This.

obzen
04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
uh how would Outkast be the weak headliner? there aren't many artists bigger than Outkast and its a rare get they haven't toured since 2001 and didn't ever tour for their most popular album. It'd be huge news if they played coachella. they are seriously one of the best selling artists in history. weak headliner pshh.

not a weak headliner,a 'weak headliner'

obzen
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
and next to Tool/Bowie-Outkast would be the 'weak headliner'(IMO)

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Here's my dream set list for outkast at coachella (1 hour)

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzic
The Way You Move
ATLiens
We Luv Deez Hoez
Ain't No Thang
The Whole World (w/ Killer Mike)
Rosa Parks
Players Ball
Git Up, Git Out (w/ Cee-lo)
So Fresh, So Clean
GhettoMusick
Ms. Jackson
Hey Ya
B.O.B.

omg i would die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thinking about it i get excited. please GV!!!

Man they can't have one hour you're missing so many classics

Wheelz of Steel
Skew It on The Bar B (Feat Raekwon)
Prototype
Elevators
Aquemini
Da Art of Storytellingn Pt. 1-4 (Hard to choose just one)
Gasoline Drerams
Humble Mumble (instead of We Love Deez Hoes)
Jazzy Belle
Crumblin' Erb
Roses

DFrank
04-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I 100% approve of this thread. And please, no Tool. They bring so many douchebags to Coachella...

summerkid
04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I 100% approve of this thread. And please, no Tool. They bring so many douchebags to Coachella...

yeah, how nice have the crowds been the past two years by not having the likes of Tool or Rage there.

summerkid
04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Outkast
Arcade Fire
Daft Punk

is the correct answer.

and bring back Massive Attack and put them in front of Outkast. Their fans probably won't treat Massive Attack so disrespectfully.

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Man they can't have one hour you're missing so many classics

Wheelz of Steel
Skew It on The Bar B (Feat Raekwon)
Prototype
Elevators
Aquemini
Da Art of Storytellingn Pt. 1-4 (Hard to choose just one)
Gasoline Drerams
Humble Mumble (instead of We Love Deez Hoes)
Jazzy Belle
Crumblin' Erb
Roses

indeed, also two dope boys in a cadillac and that new joint with raekwon that's off the hook (although technically a big boi song) Royal Flush (featuring Andre 300 and Raekwon)

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know why people are so sure Outkast would be a great live show. Has anybody actually seen them? Live hip hop usually disappoints.

summerkid
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't know why people are so sure Outkast would be a great live show. Has anybody actually seen them? Live hip hop usually disappoints.

I saw them on their Stankonia tour it was awesome from what I remember of it. It was a long time ago.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:10 PM

There are literally tons of artists bigger than Outkast. They are not one of the best selling artists of all time; they are one of the best selling hip-hop artists of all time. Big difference.

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
if outkast played with a live band as well as a DJ it would be sick, their songs lend themselves well to live instrumentation it seems, lots of live singing and soul flavor, as long as the energy is their with it would be great IMO

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
and no Outkast can definitely NOT headline, maybe 5 years ago or with another big record but not right now. perfect sub though

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
and no Outkast can definitely NOT headline, maybe 5 years ago or with another big record but not right now. perfect sub though

Correct.

beckith
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
B.O.B. live? droooooooooooooool.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Anybody else here see Outkast at Audiotistic in 2002? That shit was pretty badass

buuuuuut Outkast doesn't seem relevant to me anymore

summerkid
04-30-2009, 12:21 PM
they will come out with a new album this year/early next year and it will be everything you would expect from a real outkast album.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
YAWN.
bHRKNEnUsxg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Outkast Pwned By Malcolmjamalawesome.

Malcolm, I would love to see a thread of a MJA approved headliners.

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_Zwymynr7U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B_Zwymynr7U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 12:40 PM
bC46ZfN4L4M

PotVsKtl
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM

Wrong.

Correct.

Ignorant.

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Outkast Pwned By Malcolmjamalawesome.

Malcolm, I would love to see a thread of a MJA approved headliners.

Meaning acts I would LIKE to headline or just ones that I think are appropriate headliners?

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Wrong.

Ignorant.

That's fine. I defy someone to show me some ticket sales numbers that would justify Outkast as a headliner.

obzen
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
yeah,i dont know why Outkast is being touted as such a great act-outside of this forum,ive never heard much hype about their live set...

Afrika Bambaataa-now that would be a real classic Hip-Hop set...whatcha got on The Godfather of Hip-Hop?

...and the Tool/Rage fan hatred is an obvious oversimplification thats the result of vindictive reasoning-and doesnt apply to all of the bands devout fans,respectively(isnt hating on all-things metal a trend?)-unless,(of course)youve managed to interact with or have been in close proximity to every Tool/Rage fan at Coachella and abroad:rolleyes

PotVsKtl
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
They haven't toured since before their mainstream breakout album. It would be impossible to show you ticket numbers.

obzen
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
you dumb fuck

malcolmjamalawesome
04-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I dunno, sounds like a risky headliner choice to me.

I also don't understand why everyone is so convinced they'd be a satisfying live performer. There's hardly any videos of them out there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Meaning acts I would LIKE to headline or just ones that I think are appropriate headliners?

yes.

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
I dunno, sounds like a risky headliner choice to me.

I also don't understand why everyone is so convinced they'd be a satisfying live performer. There's hardly any videos of them out there.

Here's an article about Moby's Area:One Festival in 2001

ALEX HOWBERT /Daily
Paul Wong

Anything that isn"t "NSYNC, or one of the other purveyors of pre-pubescent pop, is seemingly labeled alternative but alternative can be extremely popular. In what may have been the most acceptably hip "alternative" concert of the summer, Area: One parked its traveling circus of electronica, hip hop, rock and pop within the confines of DTE for a sold-out show last Tuesday.

Area: One, the phoenix rising from the ashes of its defunct festival predecessors, may be of the same genus as H.O.R.D.E, Lillith Fair and Lollapalooza, but certainly is its own species. While hordes of hippies happily hacked at H.O.R.D.E, loads of ladies loved the Lillith Fair and gaggles of greasy grungers grunted gratefully for Lollapalooza, Area: One exudes electronica. While the bike rack fences and long lines resembled the wait in front of the Millennium Force, Cedar Point has never seen a dance party the likes of the one the Ford Focus tent hosted. The tent housed DJs Carl Cox and Paul Okenfold among others, along with the eye candy of psychedelic spider webs on large TV screens and of course a slew of rabid ravers. The air conditioned tent provided a welcome break from the sweltering sun and the main stage.

The action on the main stage kicked off at 3:50 p.m. Nelly Furtado performed to a sparsely populated pavilion as many fans were still lined up outside waiting to get in. Furtado became the most familiar face of the day making multiple appearances, guesting on the Roots track "You Got Me" and filling in quite admirably for Gwen Stefani on Moby"s hit single "South Side." Her radiant smile and ebullient performance started off the show on the right foot.

The Roots took the stage next and thoroughly impressed the still paltry crowd. The group is well known for its live performances and much respected for their musicianship. It is rare for a rap group to have a backing band, but The Roots forego canned booty bass mixes in favor of their supertight band. Perhaps the most impressive part of the set was Roots member Scratch. In the middle of a festival which featured many expert turntable-ists, Scratch outperformed many of them without the turntables. Eyes scanned the stage looking for the hidden DJ, but rest assured there was none Scratch the human turntable put the finishing touches on a great set by The Roots.

The momentum was building and Incubus was not about to drop the ball. Lead singer Brandon Boyd was the focal point of the show with his disjointed movements and powerful voice. Boyd even donned a drum for a few select tunes and added to the already powerful percussive force of Jose Pasillas. Boyd"s staccato delivery on the verses of "Pardon Me" and "Stellar," along with the soothing yet powerful drone of "Drive" and "Miss You," propelled the band"s set and likely will propel them into the mainstream.

Outkast took the stage next then stole the show. The Stankonians from Atlanta had no trouble working the crowd into a raucous dance frenzy. Both the pavilion and lawn were getting down to the bootylicious grooves of Outkast"s hits. Not one booty rested during the set and many rapped along, which is no easy feat. The band rolled out familiar tunes such as "Elevators (Me And You)," "Rosa Parks," "Ms. Jackson" and "So Fresh, So Clean," and finished off their set, to the delight of everyone"s collectively quaking booty, with a song they described as "Hip Hop on crack," the favorite "B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad)."

After Outkast left the stage, everyone was left to swim in pools of their own sweat which had gradually accumulated over the day. DTE felt like the bayou because of the unbearable humidity and like Texas for the forceful, unforgiving rays of the sun. Those without the funds to fend off dehydration ($3.50 for 20 oz. of water) were left to slump in their chair after expending their last few electrolytes for Outkast.

For many, the festival was long over by the time Moby took the stage. While Moby may have put the festival together, his guests (the opening acts) enjoyed the fruits of his labor. Many fans left before Moby walked on stage and more piled out at the end of each song. Moby ran back and forth across the stage playing a few notes on a keyboard and striking electronic drums, while occasionally stepping in front of a microphone to yell a few words. Although Moby writes his own music, his role in the live performance seems quite miniscule leaving his group without a real frontman. His music and performance style seem well suited for a dance hall, but not so well suited for DTE. While Moby may have named it Area: One before the show, fans will remember the show as Area: Outkast.

Here's another one from MTV

COLUMBIA, Maryland — Moby's Area:One festival is a rave, a carnival, a rock concert and a parade of the latest in halter tops and sun visors all rolled into one sweaty, heart-pounding $36.50 package.

The tour made its second stop Friday at Merriweather Post Pavilion, a place so pastoral and idyllic it seemed an unlikely spot for a rowdy 10-act rock, hip-hop and electronica show that would unfold over nine-and-a-half hours. (Click here for photos from the show.)

The gates opened under warm, sunny skies at 1:30 p.m. By 2 p.m., DJ Jon Tab was spinning inside an air-conditioned dance tent in a far corner of the pavilion. Outside the tent, muffled bass beats lured concertgoers to explore what was inside. "I didn't know it was going to be this cool," 16-year-old Jim Werner of Fairfax, Virginia, yelled over the thumping of the music inside the tent.

"I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth," he said, looking up at the complex lighting system and two overhead screens that were flashing images of scantly clad women and city scapes. It was the scene of an underground rave, if not for the blatant sponsor logos everywhere and Intel's Digital Music Zone set up 50 yards away.

An hour-and-a-half later, Tab and Rinerse had already finished their sets in the tent, and by 3:30 p.m. Lieven was about to take over as DJ.

Just before 4 p.m., Canada's Nelly Furtado, the first of the main stage acts, opened her 40-minute set to a mid-sized audience on the pavilion's main stage. She charmed listeners with whimsical moves and the dancehall/dub influences that were laced in and out of her set, which included her hit "I'm Like a Bird."

Immediately following her show, DJ Carl Cox was up inside the tent. Scheduled to perform for two hours, Cox's hypnotic, three-decks mixing style was like a mating call to the show's teens looking to dance. Cox raised the stakes and worked the crowd of more than 2,000 into a frenzy. Light sticks distributed by representatives from festival sponsor Intel swirled with the beats as the place became more packed by the second.

Outside, the Roots, followed by California funk-metal outfit Incubus, played to a swelling and increasingly more interested crowd, which rose to its feet when Incubus played its radio hit "Pardon Me."

With pop, rock and hip-hop all heard by 7:30 p.m., it seemed as though Moby's goal for the festival — exposing the music that he loves while creating an eclectic and fun atmosphere — had been met even without the headlining performance. And then came the show's apex, one act early. A little after 7:30 p.m., Outkast began a set that brought a previously scattered crowd of all ages and races together into one arm-waving mass. The Georgia duo had as many as 14 people onstage at once dancing and singing. The duo played the early hit "Elevators (Me & You)" and had most of Merriweather singing the chorus to "So Fresh, So Clean."

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 03:20 PM
I mean come on if I didn't know any better this looks like Coachella's Mainstage. Like they're already prepared. And this is BEFORE Speakerbox/Love Below

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/OutKast_2001.jpg/450px-OutKast_2001.jpg

obzen
04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
we'll see,but the celtics are still going down,GOT IT!?!

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
No obzen, just no. Lakers wont make it past the nuggets so doesn't matter

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I feel so lucky that I've seen these guys, 3-Stacks is in my top 5 for sure.

obzen
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
No obzen, just no. Lakers wont make it past the nuggets so doesn't matter

you must be outside your mind

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
you must outside your mind

Ha! Caught you before the edit.

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
interesting articles, this only makes my outkast at coachella boner even harder and longer

obzen
04-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Ha! Caught you before the edit.

rats

meyouseek
04-30-2009, 03:55 PM
So wait, only 2 people in this thread have ever seen Outkast live?

I'm a fan, and I would check them out if they were on the bill. I wouldn't, however, buy tickets to see them on their own tour. I feel it would be like seeing Gnarls Barkley, just a bunch of dummies standing around, waiting to hear the hit song they know from the radio.

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Comparing Outkast to Gnarls is unfair.

One because Outkast has 5 albums (2 if you count double disc) and a soundtrack, so they can actually do a whole set of their hits and it be amazing. Where as Gnarls really only has 2 commercial hits if that. So you'd have dummies sitting around for 12/14 of the songs.

All I know is if they go on tour I will see them and whatever festival gets them first will be a lucky festival so of course I'm going to hope it's Coachella. But also I dont think they will tour until this album done. They said to expect an outkast album this year plus solo projects from both so let's hope that's true and they don't bust a Dr. Dre "Detox" and have us waiting til 2015.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Just to rub it in a little, here's where I saw Outkast, Ludacris openend...
http://www.satriani.com/gallery/2006-04_tour/celebrity.jpg

and yes, the stage was spinning for the duration of their performance.

I think any true Outkast fan feels that almost every one of their songs is a hit in its one way. They are on the level where it's hard to keep the same song as your favorite continually. Some other gem always grabs you and sucks you right in.

To me they are pretty much the Radiohead of hip hop and Aquemini = OK Computer.

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 04:27 PM
^ Holy Shit that's cool.

And concerning touring after their next album, don't hold your breath. Outkast hate touring (mostly andre 3000 i think) which is why even after a couple albums they haven't toured in a while

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know about hate touring but before S/LB They toured a lot but then again I haven't read all their interviews so he might have said that in there. But After that album only Big Boi toured and that was a big thing cause after going Diamond everyone expected an Outkast world tour. Then they had no reason to tour with no album. Yeah Idlewild but you don't tour for a soundtrack. And Big Boi is going to be at RTB so all we that is needed is 3 Stacks on deck.

FoxeyLady
04-30-2009, 04:47 PM
"I stopped touring a year and a half ago, ... I just got dead with it."
- Andre 3000
http://www.andre3000.info/andre-3000-quotes.php

hopefully he changes his mind sometime soon

obzen
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
that one andre3000 song(hey-ya?) is lame as fuck...

just sayin'

summerkid
04-30-2009, 06:42 PM
yeah,i dont know why Outkast is being touted as such a great act-outside of this forum,ive never heard much hype about their live set...

Afrika Bambaataa-now that would be a real classic Hip-Hop set...whatcha got on The Godfather of Hip-Hop?

...and the Tool/Rage fan hatred is an obvious oversimplification thats the result of vindictive reasoning-and doesnt apply to all of the bands devout fans,respectively(isnt hating on all-things metal a trend?)-unless,(of course)youve managed to interact with or have been in close proximity to every Tool/Rage fan at Coachella and abroad:rolleyes

a. its cause they never toured when they really got big

b. nobody is saying all tool/rage fans suck just that they bring in as a whole a really shitty crowd cause they do. I muched preferred the vibe of 08 and 09 then the vibe of 06 (booing Massive Attack) and 07 (throwing shit at Crowded House) are just examples overall 08 and 09 was much more chill.

WhyTheLongFace
04-30-2009, 06:44 PM
that one andre3000 song(hey-ya?) is lame as fuck...

just sayin'

If by lame as fuck you mean the best song of 2004 then you're right :thu

stephen22
04-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Outkast would be a headliner. End of story.

obzen
04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
If by lame as fuck you mean the best song of 2004 then you're right :thu

still-its annoying,as it were..

obzen
04-30-2009, 07:25 PM
a. its cause they never toured when they really got big

b. nobody is saying all tool/rage fans suck just that they bring in as a whole a really shitty crowd cause they do. I muched preferred the vibe of 08 and 09 then the vibe of 06 (booing Massive Attack) and 07 (throwing shit at Crowded House) are just examples overall 08 and 09 was much more chill.

i see your point,whatevs

and for the record-Crowded House is one of my guilty pleasures,Dont Dream Its Over is pimp as fuck

ive fooled around before with 4 different broads while that song was playing in each instance:thu

frazzles
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm not reading this thread.

I just want Outkast, Boards of Canada, and Metric next year.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Outkast would be a headliner. End of story.

There's more to this story. It's the part where they don't get to headline.

obzen
05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
lolZ

jusbcus25
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM

I've seen them live. I saw them in Albuquerque at Sunshine Theatre when Aquemini came out and yes they play with a live band. And it was the best hip hop show I've ever seen in my life. It was so live in the place that the walls appeared to be sweating. They toured with Black Eyed Peas (before fergie became a cancer) when Joints and Jams was hot. They put on a good show too. Please bring Outkast. Leave the Peas at home though.

EDIT: Outkast is a main stage headliner. If Blackstar can headline the main stage then Outkast should close out the festival on Sunday.

jusbcus25
05-01-2009, 09:33 PM
There's more to this story. It's the part where they don't get to headline.

Aren't you usually raving real hard in the sahara anyways. Your words not mine. Why does it matter to you?

superfiction
05-02-2009, 10:37 AM
jesus someone just make apoll already if they are big enough to headline or not

rage patton
05-02-2009, 10:40 AM
EDIT: Outkast is a main stage headliner. If Blackstar can headline the main stage then Outkast should close out the festival on Sunday.

Blackstar did not headline Coachella. They closed the mainstage. Closing a stage does not mean they are a headliner. Nine Inch Nails headlined that day, but Blackstar closed the stage.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Blackstar did not headline Coachella. They closed the mainstage. Closing a stage does not mean they are a headliner. Nine Inch Nails headlined that day, but Blackstar closed the stage.

Absofuckinglutely correct.

Gribbz
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Hip-hop USUALLY does disappoint. You are quite correct in that statement. However, Outkast usually puts on a pretty good show. Same with a handful of others. I'd say 90% of live hip-hop is MUCHO FAILO.

FoxeyLady
05-02-2009, 10:44 AM

just like tiesto in 07

obzen
05-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Afrika Bambaataa

-if not-

Kool Keith as anyone for the win.

jusbcus25
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM

Actually it could go either way. Depends on what genre of music you are into the most. Coachella isn't catered to one specific genre. So hip hop heads probably thought differently. I listen to both so I thought of both equally but enjoyed Blackstar set better so to me they were the headliner. ANY concert I've ever been to (excluding djs) the person playing last is the headliner. Just because a bands name is printed bigger on a lineup or your in your mind that band is better than another does not make them any bigger or more worthy of that headliner title. I'm pretty damn sure the candy kids raving real hard to Tiesto on the mainstage thought that he was the headliner in their minds that's if they were able to pull themselves away from the sahara. I've never gone to coachella to see The Cure, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, and alot of those big bold lineup names. Maybe went by to check them out but thats it. RATM, Roger Waters, RHCP, and a few others aren't included because they were must sees. Not everyone has to look at the festival through your eyes.

SDsoldier7
05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
yes. 2010 is the year for outkast...."playerz ball"

SDsoldier7
05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
headliner is reffering to the big name on the flyer. u can headline but not close. the thing about closing is that,...well, your closing. duh. hence, you are opening for the closer if you are not closing. thats why sometimes the opener blows the closer/headliner outta the water, which imo is why i love music. it always gets better and on any given day, one artist may outperform another.

Actually it could go either way. Depends on what genre of music you are into the most. Coachella isn't catered to one specific genre. So hip hop heads probably thought differently. I listen to both so I thought of both equally but enjoyed Blackstar set better so to me they were the headliner. ANY concert I've ever been to (excluding djs) the person playing last is the headliner. Just because a bands name is printed bigger on a lineup or your in your mind that band is better than another does not make them any bigger or more worthy of that headliner title. I'm pretty damn sure the candy kids raving real hard to Tiesto on the mainstage thought that he was the headliner in their minds that's if they were able to pull themselves away from the sahara. I've never gone to coachella to see The Cure, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, and alot of those big bold lineup names. Maybe went by to check them out but thats it. RATM, Roger Waters, RHCP, and a few others aren't included because they were must sees. Not everyone has to look at the festival through your eyes.

jusbcus25
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
headliner is reffering to the big name on the flyer. u can headline but not close. the thing about closing is that,...well, your closing. duh. hence, you are opening for the closer if you are not closing. thats why sometimes the opener blows the closer/headliner outta the water, which imo is why i love music. it always gets better and on any given day, one artist may outperform another.

Read my post again, then read yours and try again. This time lay off the drugs. duh.

instinct
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow.. I don't get how you could compare OUTKAST to Gnarls.. Outkast has a shit load of hits and a ton of albums.. my biggest concern would be wondering if they would play their old tracks.

instinct
11-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I almost made an Outkast 2010 thread right now, but I thought to myself, I better check to make sure there is not already one.. I shouldn't be surprised it was me that already made it.

But for reals.. OUTKAST 2010.. I don't think it will happen, but if it did. I will be one extremely happy little boy.

juloxx
11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I would love to hear as much of Aquemeni live as possible.

Beef Jerky
11-28-2009, 12:03 AM
I would love to hear as much of Aquemeni live as possible.

Same here.. and I am down for some G-Funk as well.

juloxx
11-28-2009, 10:02 AM
^^^Werd to that ^^^

In general, it is harder for a hip-hop show to put on a good preformance, but it can be done. It mostly revolves around the artist on stage having energy. Anyone can just speak into a mic. A good hip-hop show can be done though, as long as the crowd has energy (which at coachella shouldnt be much of a problem) and the artist knows how to channel it back.

Tech N9ne is a perfect example of this. Although I think his music kind of sucks, I was blown away by his live show. This fool goes beyond just putting on a show, he puts on a whole performance. By the end of his set, when he asked, all these fine girls in the crowd flashed everyone their titties. If that is not a sign of a successful show, I dont know what is.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXPAOVIqP1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tXPAOVIqP1A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The rapper/s have got to have steez too. Steez is important

instinct
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Can someone please pin this thread?!

Casino Logic
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Outcast....I know I am way late on this, but

Yes F-ing Please!!!

instinct
12-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Outcast....I know I am way late on this, but

Yes F-ing Please!!!

They spell it with a "K"

mittens4kittens
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
seeing it spelled with a "c" is like some saying atliens instead of A.T.L.iens.

Casino Logic
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
seeing it spelled with a "c" is like some saying atliens instead of A.T.L.iens.

lol... you guys are funny.

...and Bump Again. This Out Cast Band sounds fantastiK!

FoxeyLady
12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I want this more than anything, too bad it will never happen...

I could die happy after seeing B.O.B. played on the polo fields.

boyalien0
12-04-2009, 11:03 AM
This is just weird. We have a thread where people think Arcade Fire could headline, and a thread where people think Outkast couldn't headline? What the fuck are people smoking, and where can I get some? THINK, people.

instinct
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
This is just weird. We have a thread where people think Arcade Fire could headline, and a thread where people think Outkast couldn't headline? What the fuck are people smoking, and where can I get some? THINK, people.

Why couldn't Outkast headline? THE KILLERS headlined.. Outkast has sold over 25 million copies and is one of only 5 hip-hop groups to go Diamond. They have the biggest selling Rap record OF ALL TIME. Highest sold album recorded in the 21st century.. Wtf?? How is that not headlining material??

psycobetabuckdown
12-06-2009, 10:09 PM
you doesn't read too well

zeg0ggles
12-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Word. Arcade Fire being fantastic or not, I think of the fan bases of both Outkast and Arcade Fire, and Outkast's is just massively broader in scope. It doesn't matter if you're into rap, or metal, or indie, whenever Ms. Jackson comes on at a party everyone will drunkenly join together to sing along. That's the kind of headliner to look for, someone that'll bring the love and everyone together at a huge epic main stage. Arcade Fire can have a beautiful closing set at the Outdoor (they do only have two albums after all, lets get realistic here they aren't deities), and Outkast can bring the spectacle at the main.

boyalien0
12-06-2009, 10:53 PM

this. you're preaching to the choir, to put it nicely.

boyalien0
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm just lamenting the lack of logic on this board. You've got a thread where people are saying AF could headline, which is just stupid. I mean, come on. Think about it. It's stupid. Then, you have this thread, which, while I haven't read all the way through, apparently contains posts where people are saying Outkast can't headline, which is equally stupid. They've been requested almost as much as Bowie and the Talking Heads, and haven't played a show together in years, so yeah, it's pretty fucking blatantly obvious that if Outkast does play, they will most certainly headline a night. Remove head from ass.

boyalien0
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh, and, yeah, they won't play. At least not in 2010. So all of this is moot masturbation.

rage patton
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I both Arcade Fire and Outkast could headline.

Dj Oso Fresh
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Friday - Outkast/Beastie Boys
Saturday - Daft Punk
Sunday - David Bowie

psycobetabuckdown
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm just lamenting the lack of logic on this board. You've got a thread where people are saying AF could headline, which is just stupid. I mean, come on. Think about it. It's stupid. Then, you have this thread, which, while I haven't read all the way through, apparently contains posts where people are saying Outkast can't headline, which is equally stupid. They've been requested almost as much as Bowie and the Talking Heads, and haven't played a show together in years, so yeah, it's pretty fucking blatantly obvious that if Outkast does play, they will most certainly headline a night. Remove head from ass.

Whether people will admit it or not, this is a rock-slanted music board. You're gonna find people here and there who have no grasp of the popularity of hip-hop acts, because they don't listen to them. There's also a problem of people confusing indie popularity/buzz with mainstream popularity.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM
i Saw Outkast headline a festival in 2002 with 35,000 people in attendance....so, yeah, I could totally see a reunion headlining Coachella now

ldobbie
12-07-2009, 12:30 AM
i Saw Outkast headline a festival in 2002 with 35,000 people in attendance....so, yeah, I could totally see a reunion headlining Coachella now

i'm extremely jealous of you.

instinct
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM

OOOpss.. I had to go back a re-read it.. Well, that was to all the Outkast haters..

PJandBompton
12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I believe they are releasing a new song at midnight EST tonight...DJ Drama will be putting it out....

WhyTheLongFace
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
I believe they are releasing a new song at midnight EST tonight...DJ Drama will be putting it out....

lol you mean Willie The Kid's "Outkast" mixtape.

Dont ever get me that hype again. I almost had a heart attack haha

superfiction
12-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Big Boi says both solo recods are gonna drop this year..... coachella? please?
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/big-boi-finishes-album-predicts-busy-2010-1004051899.story

faxman75
12-10-2009, 05:49 AM
I both Arcade Fire and Outkast could headline.

How can Arcade Fire headline? I realize they are indie superstars but how many people would they really bring to the fest? 5,000? I mean that's selling out very large theaters. They aren't a big enough draw to headline a fest with over 60K people.

beavington
12-10-2009, 06:46 AM
How can Arcade Fire headline? I realize they are indie superstars but how many people would they really bring to the fest? 5,000? I mean that's selling out very large theaters. They aren't a big enough draw to headline a fest with over 60K people.

uh check their last tour, that was in arenas. (at least in cities that count)

last tour sold out hollywood bowl show.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 07:18 AM
uh check their last tour, that was in arenas. (at least in cities that count)

last tour sold out hollywood bowl show.

They played the Hollywood bowl in 2007 correct? The Hollywood Bowl holds nearly 18K people. They sold about 13K tickets according to the NME review.

It did not sell out the Hollywood Bowl. They played maybe a couple other arenas in the states and i'm willing to bet they didn't sell those out either. They sell out multiple nights in theaters. On their best day they aren't selling as many tickets in the states as the Killers or Jack Johnson who are considered the weakest headliners we have had.

suprefan
12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
They played the Hollywood bowl in 2007 correct? The Hollywood Bowl holds nearly 18K people. They sold about 13K tickets according to the NME review.

It did not sell out the Hollywood Bowl. They played maybe a couple other arenas in the states and i'm willing to bet they didn't sell those out either. They sell out multiple nights in theaters. On their best day they aren't selling as many tickets in the states as the Killers or Jack Johnson who are considered the weakest headliners we have had.

Are you really going to trust NME on numbers? And I think Arcade fire is going to turn into another Radiohead liek act for you, you just dont get it. And if AF played, they woudl headline.

Daft Fro
12-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Outkast can definitely headline.

I can see Arcade Fire headlining 2011, once the next LP is out.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Chris, you can't spell. You aren't making any sense and if you have some evidence of that hollywood bowl show being a sell out then share it. (edited to add a simple google search will show multiple links and sources regarding this show not selling out and they all have the same 13-14K figure, which is impressive and all but they aren't selling out arenas even in markets that matter).

What is a Radiohead like act? I have seen Arcade fire multiple times and I am a fan. Funeral probably means more to me than any other release in this decade. You/re talking out of your ass Chris.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Outkast can definitely headline.

I can see Arcade Fire headlining 2011, once the next LP is out.

Makes sense to me. If the LP is great and they continue the success they have had, there is no reason they won't be able to headliner by 2011 or 2012.

Coachella Bound
12-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Friday - Outkast/Beastie Boys
Saturday - Daft Punk
Sunday - David Bowie

hahaha now thats what im talkin about!

Audiotistic?

i'm extremely jealous of you.

that day also included a fresh as shit Living Legends set, Blackalicious, and Mos and Talib if i remember correctly....

oftheheartofthesoul
12-10-2009, 07:50 AM
If Outkast was on the bill, they WOULD headline. They are way too popular to by anywhere below the top spot.

Saying that, it is a risky choice to have a hip-hop headliner that hasn't performed in years. I don't count on it happening.

betao
12-10-2009, 08:12 AM
It doesn't matter if you're into rap, or metal, or indie, whenever Ms. Jackson comes on at a party everyone will drunkenly join together to sing along. That's the kind of headliner to look for,

you seriously think this is criteria for a coachella headliner?

betao
12-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Outkast is responsible for "Hey Ya". I'm still mad at them for that piece of shit garbage.

Everything else I've heard from them is still pretty good though.

Coachella Bound
12-10-2009, 08:29 AM
but yeah everything aside..... Outkast would not headline.

TallGuyCM
12-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Outkast is responsible for "Hey Ya". I'm still mad at them for that piece of shit garbage.

Aquemini and ATLiens are my favorite hip-hop albums of all time.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 08:58 AM

Hey Ya is the best song of this decade, you asshole.

unknown
12-10-2009, 08:58 AM
What happened to Audiotistic? I remember one in 2000(maybe 99?) with J5 and The Roots. Wish I was in So Cal in 02 - well I was living in Japan so wish I could have visited for Audiotistic in 02. Fun party and if Outkast, Mos Def, Blackalicious, Talib Kweli, and Living Legends were all there....shit.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Talib Kweli is long overdue.

liquidsnake28
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
but yeah everything aside..... Outkast would not headline.

Why do you still post? Everyone has realized by now that you're an idiot and they disregard all of your posts anyway.

What happened to Audiotistic?

I'm pretty sure they still do it every year. Reflection Eternal played this year.

Jon Blazed
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think Outkast is happening this year. I would love for Slick Rick or Too Short to be there.

Coachella Bound
12-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Why do you still post? Everyone has realized by now that you're an idiot and they disregard all of your posts anyway.

awww for this exact reason.... :) Because people like you make me happy that im me. And no Outkast will not headline COACHELLA this year or ever. So get over yourself fuck face!

last Audio was on May 9th of this year

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/audio.jpg?t=1260472814

ficklecycle
12-10-2009, 10:22 AM
This year was so good and I didn't even go :/

faxman75
12-10-2009, 10:51 AM
And no Outkast will not headline COACHELLA this year or ever. So get over yourself fuck face!

It would be YOU who needs to get over yourself. Why would you think you have any knowledge of who is going to headline this year or ever and then be so arrogant about it you are flaming people over this retarded speculation?

faxman75
12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Now who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Cole?

Coachella Bound
12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Listen up frat boys!!!

Im not trying to discredit Big Boi or Andre in any way shape or form. I respect them to the upmost as artists and performers. If you look at the first page of this thread you find me w/ a completely different point of veiw last april, but now that ive thought about it no way.

Personaly i dont think GV/COACHELLA would take a gamble on a hiphop artist as a headliner, other than someone who has performed before (ahem Beastie Boys)

On top of that i truely dont bellieve Outkast has the kind of Worlwide appeal that they once did. Yeah sure theyre huge here in the states but lets not forget the entire demographic that makes up[ COACHELLA

And on top of all that.... Andre and Big Boi are far too busy doing anything but their own solo missions at the moment.

http://www.freep.com/article/20091210/ENT04/912100316/1039/Ent04/Rapping-with-hip-hop-funk-artist-Big-Boi

I wont say that Outkast wont ever play COACHELLA, cause your right i have no dictation on who does or doesnt, who will who wont....

AND BECAUSE ILL ADMIT WHEN IM WRONG ILL SAY THIS......

If Outkasts new album is as good as they have been in the past then I could see them there "Headlining" in 2011, but even then i still think there are a number of artists who deserve it before they do.

but Andre and Big Boi wont be there in 2010, unless there performing solo.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Deserve? hahahahaha

Sexecutioner
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
There's also a problem of people confusing indie popularity/buzz with mainstream popularity.

this is so incredibly true. people think just cuz all the indie dorks on here jerk off to a band like arcade fire, that they are headline material but what they dont realize is that headliners are the acts responsible for getting your casual music listener to drop some cash on a ticket. those average joes dont know who the fuck arcade fire is, and dont care. headliners are household names, where you walk up to anybody on the street, ask them to name a song by so and so, and they can do it.

blah blah blah

And on top of all that.... Andre and Big Boi are far too busy doing anything but their own solo missions at the moment.

blah blah blah

out of all the crap arguments you just pulled out of your ass, this is the only thing you got right.

i'd nut in my pants if outkast is on the lineup, but i dont see it happening.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Listen up frat boys!!!

Im not trying to discredit Big Boi or Andre in any way shape or form. I respect them to the upmost as artists and performers. If you look at the first page of this thread you find me w/ a completely different point of veiw last april, but now that ive thought about it no way.

Personaly i dont think GV/COACHELLA would take a gamble on a hiphop artist as a headliner, other than someone who has performed before (ahem Beastie Boys)

On top of that i truely dont bellieve Outkast has the kind of Worlwide appeal that they once did. Yeah sure theyre huge here in the states but lets not forget the entire demographic that makes up[ COACHELLA

http://www.freep.com/article/20091210/ENT04/912100316/1039/Ent04/Rapping-with-hip-hop-funk-artist-Big-Boi

I wont say that Outkast wont ever play COACHELLA, cause your right i have no dictation on who does or doesnt, who will who wont....

AND BECAUSE ILL ADMIT WHEN IM WRONG ILL SAY THIS......

If Outkasts new album is as good as they have been in the past then I could see them there "Headlining" in 2011, but even then i still think there are a number of artists who deserve it before they do.

but Andre and Big Boi wont be there in 2010, unless there performing solo.

At this point, 2011 looks more realistic seeing as they'll have this new album out at least half a year in advance. They'll seemingly be more focused on their solo work in early 2010 so he has a valid point.

Coachella Bound
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Deserve? hahahahaha

WOW! You were easy to shut up....

this is so incredibly true. people think just cuz all the indie dorks on here jerk off to a band like arcade fire, that they are headline material but what they dont realize is that headliners are the acts responsible for getting your casual music listener to drop some cash on a ticket. those average joes dont know who the fuck arcade fire is, and dont care. headliners are household names, where you walk up to anybody on the street, ask them to name a song by so and so, and they can do it.

out of all the crap arguments you just pulled out of your ass, this is the only thing you got right.

i'd nut in my pants if outkast is on the lineup, but i dont see it happening.

Thanks, youll be glad to know that even my crap arguments are legitimate.

At this point, 2011 looks more realistic seeing as they'll have this new album out at least half a year in advance. They'll seemingly be more focused on their solo work in early 2010 so he has a valid point.

Ohhhhh.. thats right suckas! Didnt know Paul T Anderson was in my corner did ya....?

Hooty Hoo when we see cops!

AlecEiffel
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
headliners are household names, where you walk up to anybody on the street, ask them to name a song by so and so, and they can do it.

If Tool and Bjork can each headline twice I think Arcade Fire would be ok.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope Wilco headlines then. They are certainly bigger than Arcade Fire.

Sexecutioner
12-11-2009, 05:07 PM
If Tool and Bjork can each headline twice I think Arcade Fire would be ok.

uuuh nope. you obviously underestimate the following that both those artists have. and probably overestimate arcade fire too.

juloxx
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't think Outkast is happening this year. I would love for Slick Rick or Too Short to be there.

Slick Rick belongs at Coachella. He should definitely play. Too Short would just be jokes, I would love to have him come.

sonofhal
12-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Big Boi is doing the festival circuit solo in 2010 (confirmed for Oya with more to follow), so I very much doubt Outkast will be playing. We might get a Big Boi set though.

superfiction
12-16-2009, 05:51 AM
i'd be ok with a big boi set. andre 3k set would blow me away

mittens4kittens
12-16-2009, 06:28 AM
don't get caught up in appearance

oftheheartofthesoul
12-16-2009, 07:55 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/audio.jpg?t=1260472814

Which reminds me: Can we please get Goldie in Sahara? kthanks!

paulthomasanderson
12-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Big Boi is doing the festival circuit solo in 2010 (confirmed for Oya with more to follow), so I very much doubt Outkast will be playing. We might get a Big Boi set though.

Boi said it all when he revealed that he and Dre were releasing their solo stuff in the early portion of the year and would wait until releasing the Outkast stuff until later. They're a long shot, but perhaps some urge to get out there fast after recording together will happen just for a special occasion like Coachella, who knows.

FoxeyLady
12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I'd be down for some Big Boi! Since I don't think Outkast will ever happen...:(
uLkecz2UFFk

eaiello
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Where the heck have they been?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
What happened to Audiotistic? I remember one in 2000(maybe 99?) with J5 and The Roots. Wish I was in So Cal in 02 - well I was living in Japan so wish I could have visited for Audiotistic in 02. Fun party and if Outkast, Mos Def, Blackalicious, Talib Kweli, and Living Legends were all there....shit.

Audiotistic 2002 was ridiculously amazing. One of the best events I have been to.

boyalien0
12-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Big Boi solo over Andre any fucking day of the week. Anyone who thinks Outkast wouldn't headline is a fucking moron.

boyalien0
12-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Dumbest fucking thing I've heard in a long, long time. I mean seriously, what kind of whitebread gated community do you cower in?

seandigi
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Outkast would rip the polo fields. They are definitely capable of headlining.

superfiction
12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
if outkast happens itll be next year. just sayin. headliners were locked ages ago anyway and i highly doubt it isnt gonna be 3 of the names in the highly rumored part of the confirmed thread

boyalien0
12-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, 2010 has looked pretty bleak Outkast-wise for awhile now. That's whatevs. What I cannot fucking deal with is people thinking they wouldn't headline. Let's just say this and then let it rest: If (when) Outkast ever plays Coachella, they will headline a day. PERIOD.

jjbaldwi
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
seriously... anyone who doubts that Outkast would headline should not be on this message board

drewoftherushes
12-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Delusionalchella:

Arcade Fire
Rolling Stones - Outkast

Faith No More
Muse - Beastie Boys

Pavement
Gorillaz - Neil Young

suprefan
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Huh?

Monklish
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
You didn't understand it, Supre? I thought it actually made a pretty clear point.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Pavement
Gorillaz - Neil Young

Qu es este domingo que hablas, amigo?

drewoftherushes
12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Why the fuck doesn't anyone ever understand me?

Qu es este domingo que hablas, amigo?

I put this into google translator: "What is spoken on Sunday, my friend?"
Is that what you were trying to say?

drewoftherushes
12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Or is that a hilarious transliteration of something I would have to know Spanish to understand

Monklish
12-17-2009, 11:58 AM
freetranslation.com gave me "What is this sunday you speak of, friend?"

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Or is that a hilarious transliteration of something I would have to know Spanish to understand

Pretty much this. Those translators just aren't that accurate. Having Pavement above those other two made zero sense to me. Were you serious?

EDIT: Use Randy's choice.

Monklish
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Delusionalchella:

Arcade Fire
Rolling Stones - Outkast

Faith No More
Muse - Beastie Boys

Pavement
Gorillaz - Neil Young

Both you fucking idiots need to learn to read better.

drewoftherushes
12-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Pretty much this. Those translators just aren't that accurate. Having Pavement above those other two made zero sense to me. Were you serious?

EDIT: Use Randy's choice.

Oh. It's a joke. Because people think their favorite bands (AF, Faith No More, Pavement) would headline above much more popular acts that aren't board-favorites (Muse, Beasties, etc). Or they just don't understand how huge some bands are (Outkast).

I was just making fun of delusional people.

drewoftherushes
12-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks Randy.

paulthomasanderson
12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh. It's a joke. Because people think their favorite bands (AF, Faith No More, Pavement) would headline above much more popular acts that aren't board-favorites (Muse, Beasties, etc). Or they just don't understand how huge some bands are (Outkast).

I was just making fun of delusional people.

Actually, Arcade Fire could headline in 2011, or even this year for that matter, and as someone said already, Outkast is way more likely for 2011 than 2010. Pavement as a headliner...really, the band thinks a bit too highly of themselves...still like them though.