PDA

View Full Version : The Coachella (06-09) DVD

matsuolost
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Everyone is convinced there will be another dvd after the one they put out in 05. Always saying: 'yeah that performance should be on the next dvd they're making', or 'i got interviewed for the 10th anniversary dvd they're putting out' and things like that, but the truth is no one is planning on doing it.

I talked to the videographer for the Mojave, and he said they have taped every single set from the past two years. The problem with putting it out is that he says Goldenvoice thinks there isn't enough of a demand to make up for the cost/hassle of securing rights from all the participating artists. He suggested writing an official letter to GV requesting full DVDs of single performances, because they want to see a demand and that would be more legitimate than trying to contact some random person through email. But he said all the footage is there.

We should really start asking for a new dvd compiling from 06 to 09 (or 2010 if possible) because really, we all know and love the old dvd but i think a new one would sell amazingly well since there has been a new generation of coachella-goers since 06. it marks a second period of the festival and right now is the time to, frankly, capitalize on it
not to mention, the amazing performances GV may have storaged.

there was a thread a while go about wishlists but this more about making it happen

i would buy it just for daft punk

LooseAtTheZoo
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
I would be willing to sign an official letter to GV if someone put it all together.

But I agree, let's get something done.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Why dont you make this thread the petition.

Sign me up.

LooseAtTheZoo
04-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I think the whole point of him starting this was to re-emphasize the point that our efforts should go beyond an anonymous petition on a message board.

rage patton
04-26-2009, 09:18 PM
We should definately make a petition outside of the thread.

Also, I would kill to get my hand on Gogol Bordello's entire 2007 set. Audio or video. Doesn't matter.

matsuolost
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
yeah, i dont think a bunch of signatures will do. i was thinking more of everyone writing their thoughts and reasoning behind this and why it would really work out

ADGZ662
04-26-2009, 09:28 PM
:2c there will be a new dvd, and it will be the shit no need for petition....(trust me its jus because I know shit like this homies)

Aphxtwinin
04-26-2009, 09:30 PM
you can count me in fo sho

PassiveTheory
04-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Signed.

Wheres the beef?
04-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Everyone here needs to go read the first post again. They want specific requests from artists to guage demand. For example, if 1000 people write in saying they want Roger Waters performance it might not be enough. It might take 10,000 letters. But maybe if 1000 people write in for Gang Gang Dance it could happen.

Not just a "signed" post.

There are so many I want.
Tool
Roger Waters
Bloody Beetroots
Simian Mobile Diso
Modeselektor

WhyTheLongFace
04-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I think this online thing wont do much. I say we plan now and bring a clipboard to Coachella 2010 and get everyone to sign it. Come on now who is going to say no? Everyone there loves Coachella and they will be more than willing to say fuck yeah i want this on dvd. Just my 2 cents

Wheres the beef?
04-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I think this online thing wont do much. I say we plan now and bring a clipboard to Coachella 2010 and get everyone to sign it. Come on now who is going to say no? Everyone there loves Coachella and they will be more than willing to say fuck yeah i want this on dvd. Just my 2 cents

I nominate you for clipboard duty. I'm more of a behind-the-scenes guy.

JoshTheBoyd
04-27-2009, 12:19 AM
signed

daft punk
gnarls barkley
rage
girl talk (07)
jarvis cocker
jesus and mary chain
amy winehouse
manu chao
roger waters
prince
portishead
animal collective 08
hot chip 08
justice 08
man man
paul mccartney
leonard cohen
antony
murder city devils
late of the pier
beetroots
throbbing gristle

daftmonkey64
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
DAFT PUNK

ADGZ662
04-27-2009, 12:51 PM
THEY SHOULD ALSO PUT IN SOME OLD FOOTAGE FROM YEARS '99-05 THAT DIDNT MAKE THE FIRST DVD.

kitt kat
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
My boyfriend and I were interviewed/surveyed by a GV person at Coachella this year and one of the things we were asked about was purchasing access to recordings from the weekend. What we said was that it would be cool to make a "custom package" where you pay a fixed amount and get to choose however many bands (5-8) you want on your personalized DVD.

ADGZ662
04-27-2009, 01:40 PM
My boyfriend and I were interviewed/surveyed by a GV person at Coachella this year and one of the things we were asked about was purchasing access to recordings from the weekend. What we said was that it would be cool to make a "custom package" where you pay a fixed amount and get to choose however many bands (5-8) you want on your personalized DVD.

that sounds a lil to good for it to be true, but ohhhh yes that would be awesome.

You know earlier I posted on here that there is no need for a petition and I was just sayin that cuz I remembered last year in '08 how me and my brother got stopped and interviewed and the guy specifically said its footage for the new coachella dvd not that they guaranteed that they would use are clip that they recorded of us but that they'd be recording all weekend !

amyzzz
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Daft Punk
Massive Attack
Bjork
Portishead

bartelby
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
SIGNED

they tapped my budding raving like a madman in the Sahara this year and I'd kill for his wife to be able to see it...

Sexecutioner
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
doesnt the Roo put out a new dvd every year with highlights of that years festival? i could be wrong, but i doubt they would do that unless it was profitable for them.

they let you pre-purchase the dvd of the year you're attending when you buy your tickets. GV really needs to hop on this as well. check it out:

2/3/2009 12:31:48 AM

We are proud to announce that a limited number of Bonnaroo 2009 commemorative edition DVDs will be offered to all ticket buyers. When purchasing your ticket(s) to the festival, you will have the option to order a DVD for the special price of $9.95 (which includes all shipping and handling fees). Additional DVDs can be ordered for the same price.

The DVD will feature exclusive performance and backstage footage from the 2009 festival. The featured content will be handpicked to showcase the 2009 performance highlights. The DVD will feature video edited from Bonnaroo's master tapes and audio remixed in surround 5.1 from the master recordings as well as full-color packaging and artwork.
DVDs will be sent out in December 2009.

matsuolost
04-28-2009, 02:09 AM
this could be a somewhat realistic badass dvd

the zutons
brian jonestown massacre
arctic monkeys
hot chip 07
the kills
franz ferdinand 06
the rapture
faithless
prince
the verve
paul mccartney

my morning jacket 06
soulwax
kings of leon
cafe tacvba
the national
devendra banhart
massive attack
jarvis cocker
portishead
the cure
gogol bordello 07
daft punk

bloc party
sigur ros
yeah yeah yeahs 06
air
scissor sisters
busy p/dj mehdi
justice 08
fatboy slim
my bloody valentine
rage
aphex twin
etienne de crecy
roger waters

DeanCorso
04-28-2009, 03:36 PM
well, since the old dvd came out i have been salivatin g oer news of anther vol. being added to this ongoing collecion, now of course having one yearly would be fantastic, speciall if they jjust make "x" amount of copies and sell it at the merchandising table, and c'mon, bullshit it does not get sold over the course of the weekend or throught he website, now i agree that getting the licenses to include all / some of the artists would be a bitch, but damn it, it would be so worth it...i just think that now instead of getting a hoodie and tshirts and stuff i would love to pick my annual dvd of the festival.

matsuolost
07-01-2009, 10:12 PM
man i was watching a professional yeah yeah yeahs video on dailymotion (from the webcast i suppose) and i would buy it just for that performance
so good

make a dvd!

heres the vid http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1fqm1_y-control-at-coachella_events

paulthomasanderson
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Bump cause this needs to happen someday.

Boourns
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
this could be a somewhat realistic badass dvd

the zutons
brian jonestown massacre
arctic monkeys
hot chip 07
the kills
franz ferdinand 06
the rapture
faithless
prince
the verve
paul mccartney

my morning jacket 06
soulwax
kings of leon
cafe tacvba
the national
devendra banhart
massive attack
jarvis cocker - cunts are still running the world (should include his pre-song speech and close the dvd)
portishead - the rip
the cure
gogol bordello 07 - whatever song had the crowdsurfing on a drum bit
daft punk

bloc party
sigur ros
yeah yeah yeahs 06 - art star
air
scissor sisters
busy p/dj mehdi
justice 08
fatboy slim
my bloody valentine - the holocaust
rage
aphex twin
etienne de crecy
roger waters - sheep

Sorry, had to modify yours a bit. I can dream, yes? Also have to add:
broken social scene - anthems
st. vincent - your lips are red

suprefan
12-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I think they would only show like a minute of the holocaust. You interview a ton of people who just say ''yeah mbv is loud!! loudest thing ever, etc etc'. You cut to them playing it, then they show like To Here Knows When or something....

Boourns
12-29-2009, 09:43 PM
That'd work.

Imagine that holocaust in surround sound.

suprefan
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
In IMAX...

Boourns
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
In space...

Mickjagger00
01-02-2010, 09:04 PM
That would be swell

juloxx
01-04-2010, 02:07 AM
I would be down to cop a Dvd as long as its 2 or more years put together.