PDA

View Full Version : pet peeves thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I hate flimsy, superthin napkins. You always have to grab a bunch to clean yourself thoroughly.

TomAz
02-16-2007, 06:59 AM
That's what she said!

menikmati
02-16-2007, 07:13 AM
people who don't close parentheses

longbeach90803
02-16-2007, 07:16 AM
(passing someone on an empty freeway who is going 50mph only to have them speed up and drive next to you going 75 then slowing down if you slow down or speed up if you speed up

bug on your lip
02-16-2007, 07:17 AM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

*meniks head blows up

TomAz
02-16-2007, 07:19 AM
inappropriate use of apostrophe's

york707
02-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Its too bad that thats you're pet peeve, Tom.

bug on your lip
02-16-2007, 07:20 AM
TomAzs head's just blew's up

TomAz
02-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Musician's head explodes trying to hit a high note
. . . it swelled & burst like a balloon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by PAT CRAIGERS / The National Enquirer.

A TALENTED TRUMPET player died on stage when he blew so hard trying to hit a high note that his head exploded!

Ugo Solari, 43, was playing the end of The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha when his head swelled and burst like a balloon.

"It was horrible," says Gilberto Franconi, who was sitting in the front row of the Il Torquo Jazz Club when the trumpeter's head burst open.

Shakes
"I get the shakes when I think about it. There was blood everywhere.

"I looked over at my girlfriend Theresa. There was blood dripping from her blonde hair and she was screaming.

"A woman on the other side of me had fainted. The man with her had vomited onto the table."

Witnesses say there were screams and a mad stampede for the exits when the audience heard a popping sound and saw blood splatter out of Ugo's head.

"Luckily, no one else was injured," says club owner Renaldo Vienna. "The stampede reminded me of some of those incidents at soccer games when people were crushed by rampaging crowds."

After the jazz concert disbanded in mayhem, frantic musicians followed the ambulance carrying Ugo to the hospital in Treviso, Italy.

Accidental
It was there that medical examiner Dr. Roberto Palizzi revealed that blood vessels in Ugo's skull had simply exploded when he blew too hard on the trumpet.

"The skull is especially thin and weak at the temples," says Dr. Palizzi. "The force of the exploding blood vessels actually blew out part of the skull and ruptured the skin.

"He had a hole in the side of his head the size of a large coin. Part of his brains seeped out of the opening."

Palizzi ruled the death "accidental" on Ugo's death certificate.

"I have heard of trumpet players who developed serious headache problems and had to give up playing the instrument," he says.

"The trumpet is unusual in that it demands a certain amount of force to play it. It is common to see a trumpet player's face turn red, even purplish from the exertion.

"However, to cause his head to explode in this manner is a fluke.

"I believe Ugo's skull was unusually fragile at the temple and this weakness caused the tragedy."

Courtney
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I hate tall guys who shove their way in front of me at shows.

TomAz
02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
understandable, but it could be an advantage if the trumpet player's head explodes.

Courtney
02-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Hahaha, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I have the urge to give the guy standing in front of me an "accidental" cigarette burn.

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
PAT CRAIGERS is an alias.

TomAz
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
You'll never be president.

Courtney
02-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh, I don't smoke. But that doesn't prevent me from wanting to give people cigarette burns.

TomAz
02-16-2007, 08:56 AM
oh, then you'd make a perfect president.

Courtney
02-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Excellent.

corbo
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
pet peeve - people who smoke

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 09:06 AM
seconded

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 09:09 AM
john edwards is a huge lobbyist for big tobacco.

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 09:11 AM
john edwards is a huge lobbyist for big tobacco.
Show me proof?

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
naw i was just baiting you. mission accomplished.

SojuGorae
02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh, I don't smoke. But that doesn't prevent me from wanting to give people cigarette burns.

You know there are people who enjoy cigarette burns.

downingthief
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Pet Peeve- People who complain all the time, especially at work. I mean...it's WORK, do you think I would be here if I had no need for income? LAST thing I want to hear is someone bitching about it...

Courtney
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Speaking from experience, soju?

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Pet Peeve- People who complain all the time, especially at work. I mean...it's WORK, do you think I would be here if I had no need for income? LAST thing I want to hear is someone bitching about it...

Oh god, I HATE the habitual complainers. We just had a meeting yesterday, and the SAME PEOPLE always complain about the SAME THINGS. Annoying.

(I know, I know, I complain on here a lot. sowwie)

gaypalmsprings
02-16-2007, 09:52 AM
I hate what happen if someone make a crime.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Pet Peeves.

Text talk on message boards. You have a fuckin' keyboard, I don't need "R U SRSLY" crap going on. Unless it's ironic. Then it's hilarious!

Assholes that think everything is someone else's fault, with zero self-awareness or responsibility.

The use of "then" instead of "than". RATM are better then RHCP. Aaaargh!

The use of "are" instead of "our". Are favorite band is RATM. Aaaaargh!

The use of "of" instead of "have". I could of gone to see RATM if they hadn't sold out. Aaaargh!

Self-important nobs who try to do difficult auto manoeuvres WHILE ONE HAND IS CLAMPING THE CELLPHONE TO THEIR FACE!

Not using blinkers to signal your intention. Hey! Numbnuts! My psychic abilities class was cancelled - I don't have a fuckin' clue where you wanna go!

People who steal ANYTHING from anybody else. That whole "I could work to earn money and buy it....OR....I'll just let you earn money to buy it - and then take it from you" attitude makes me fume. Parasite cocksuckers.

People who damage property, just 'cos. And if it's my car, ten times worse. You don't fuck with another man's automobile, you just don't, to paraphrase Vincent Vega.

I feel better now...

TomAz
02-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Text talk on message boards. You have a fuckin' keyboard, I don't need "R U SRSLY" crap going on. Unless it's ironic. Then it's hilarious!

I just received a business email from a client on the east coast, the CFO of this company, wanting to set up a phone call with me, and he wrote "r u available now?"

it gave me the creeps

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 09:58 AM
i agree with your language policing. however the use of turn signals is strongly discouraged where i come from. it confuses the natives. might get you shot too.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I just received a business email from a client on the east coast, the CFO of this company, wanting to set up a phone call with me, and he wrote "r u available now?"

it gave me the creeps

Did the letters ASL appear anywhere in the e-mail?

bug on your lip
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
http://www.celticlight.net/fauna06prairiedogpupsatplay1_std.jpg

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM
bug, WTGP?

SFChrissy
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM

No shit and those tall fucks not letting my short ass infront of them...

He said misuse of an opostraphy...add comma to that as well!!!

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
He said misuse of an opostraphy...add comma to that as well!!! people who misspell words.

dinosaurateme
02-16-2007, 11:15 AM
You know there are people who enjoy cigarette burns.

i know a couple of people who have cigarette burns because they're germs fans.

dinosaurateme
02-16-2007, 11:16 AM
i can't stand people who smell. Sometimes when i'm at work i need to hold my breath because people smell bad.

I'm not looking foward to when it gets hotter. People are going to be stinking my breathing air up. :(

lowfront
02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
People that don't chew with the mouth shut

Makes me insane

gaypalmsprings
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
http://www.eco-action.org/smelly/images/smellyelse1.jpg

TomAz
02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
i can't stand people who smell. Sometimes when i'm at work i need to hold my breath because people smell bad.

I'm not looking foward to when it gets hotter. People are going to be stinking my breathing air up. :(

don't go to India. ever.

People that don't chew with the mouth shut

Makes me insane

oh god yes. I hate that more than almost anything.

SFChrissy
02-16-2007, 11:28 AM
people who misspell words.

EWEEE

Spelling has never been my strong point but ahhh welcome to my home state of California

sucka...

SojuGorae
02-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Speaking from experience, soju?

Yes

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
EWEEE

Spelling has never been my strong point but ahhh welcome to my home state of California

sucka...
Sorry. I couldn't resist ;)

There's someone in my office who sprays hairspray on her hair while she's in her cubicle. That shitty annoys the hell out of me. We do have a bathroom on the floor to contain such foul odors.

Smells are a problem with me too, between smoke, cologne, and hairspray. I'm not even getting into body odor.

TomAz
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
farts?

york707
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
What about the smell of c on your t's?

amyzzz
02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Hopefully that won't bother me tonight.

york707
02-16-2007, 12:10 PM
SHAZAM

downingthief
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Hopefully that won't bother me tonight.

Brilliant!

SFChrissy
02-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Sorry. I couldn't resist ;)

There's someone in my office who sprays hairspray on her hair while she's in her cubicle. That shitty annoys the hell out of me. We do have a bathroom on the floor to contain such foul odors.

Smells are a problem with me too, between smoke, cologne, and hairspray. I'm not even getting into body odor.

Well since you put it like that and added a smile...

Hairspray abuse should be a crime!!! Who the hell uses that shit anymore anyways???

lowfront
02-16-2007, 01:42 PM
When people do things that annoy me I try to sub consciously let them know by doing annoying things back.

Like my thing is chewing. So in class if someone is chewing like a horse I'll take my pen and make clicking noises with it every time they chew like an asshole. I don't care if it doesn't means anything its just my way of releasing the insanity in me.

As for the hair spray in the cubical every time she sprays that shit you could come up with something to do. And maybe after awhile she might notice. Like tap the walls on the cubical every time she does that.

J~$$$
02-16-2007, 01:45 PM
kids.

Dead*Squirrel
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Pet peeve...

..when my boss calls and leaves very short messages on both home phone & cell, and leaves her cell #. Geez, I know it's gonna be something bad -- does she think I *want* to call back?

Maybe she's just gonna ask me how to sneak drugs into Coachella?

CheersDarlin
02-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I hate it when I call someone RIGHT AFTER they called me and they don't pick up their phone. Then they call me back saying, "Did you just call me." UUGH

luveebunni08
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
i hate when someone yells my name from 2 rooms away and when i answer they say nothing. if it's early and i don't want to get out of bed that's the number one way of starting my day off with an "i hate you" attitude.

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 02:27 PM
i hate it when i KNOW someone has my name programmed into their cell phone but give me their standard business greeting when i call. like "this is ____". i'm always like, "***** you know it's me. quit playing."

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Pet Peeves.

The use of "of" instead of "have". I could of gone to see RATM if they hadn't sold out. Aaaargh!

Avoid posts by menikmati.

gaypalmsprings
02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Smegma - um, am I allowed to say that?

BoneDaddy
02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
-people that don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

-drivers that can't just drive past a scene on the highway. Even just a parked car.

-Neocons

-Stupid people :cool:

lindseyb
02-16-2007, 03:33 PM
bridezillas

SojuGorae
02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
People who make small-talk with the bank teller on the direct deposit line

atom heart
02-16-2007, 03:46 PM
people who think its okay to wear several pounds of AXE deodorant (and spend several minutes spraying it on themselves).

Suffacated
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Screaming snot nosed kids and the morons who made them.
The kind of rug rats that throw tantrums at the grocery store or the DMV.
The kind that run around at a restaurant while you're trying to enjoy your meal.
The kind that scream and cry and won't shut the hell up at the movies.
The kind of brats that are indeed more intelligent than their parents.
They know how to play them and get away with anything and everything.

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 06:57 PM
people who think its okay to wear several pounds of AXE deodorant (and spend several minutes spraying it on themselves).

That's caco's aphrodesiac.

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Screaming snot nosed kids and the morons who made them.
The kind of rug rats that throw tantrums at the grocery store or the DMV.
The kind that run around at a restaurant while you're trying to enjoy your meal.

Here is my promise to you. If you have kids - I guarantee you they will do both of those things. You think you can stop that? You can't.

The other things you mention are viable pet peeves though.

downingthief
02-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Here is my promise to you. If you have kids - I guarantee you they will do both of those things. You think you can stop that? You can't.

The other things you mention are viable pet peeves though.

Ehhhh...negative, Captain.
I am a proud parent, and I can say with 100% certainty that my 6 year old has NEVER done that. He knows I won't tolerate it. Problem lies with the Parents, not the Kids. Teach them early, and they learn.

blastyourears
02-16-2007, 07:48 PM

I hate short guys who hate tall guys.. I'm 6'6'' and I want to see the show up front just as much as everyone else. IT SEEMS TO BOTHER EVERYBODY! instead of having it ruin the show for you, why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.

judila
02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.

Because there's another really tall guy standing there, too...

Suffacated
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Wrong!
My daughter who is now 17 was the perfect baby.
I don't say that because she was MY daughter,
I say that due to the fact that she didn't act out like most of the other diaper draggers.
Sure there were moments, but never any of those hissy fit rage like tantrums that I'm talking about. And acting out like that is the fault of the parent(s).

From the moment we brought her home, there was never any of that, "shhh... the baby's sleeping" crap.
She was brought up and brought into this world with loud music, barking dogs, ringing phones and laughing people. She adapted to our world.
Parents who change their life around to suit what they think are the needs of their newborn are weak. Change meaning shutting everything off, turning everything down and bringing their life to a stand still so their spoiled little brat can continue to scream, eat, sleep and crap.

york707
02-16-2007, 09:41 PM
So, gay p - is smegma, itself, your pet peeve, or is the word 'smegma' your pet peeve?

nahuatldream
02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
i hate when someone yells my name from 2 rooms away and when i answer they say nothing. if it's early and i don't want to get out of bed that's the number one way of starting my day off with an "i hate you" attitude.

haha.

ONE of my pet peeves are drivers who get in front of me and drive slower than i'm driving. oh, and they don't signal before doing so.

CheersDarlin
02-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I hate it when people J-walk because they're TOO LAZY to walk that extra 10ft all the way to the crosswalk. Crosswalks are there for a reason: so people like me don't have an excuse to run you over!

Quentin
02-16-2007, 10:50 PM
I hate poor grammar....or when people pronounce "library", "lie berry", or "February", "Feb-u-ary".

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 10:54 PM
You two are super parents. I hope you've been given your cookie.

dontfeedthebird
02-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I hate it when a waiter asks if I need a refill, before I even get the main course.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-17-2007, 02:46 AM
i know a couple of people who have cigarette burns because they're germs fans.

And by a couple of people, you totally mean me, right? I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it. I have no feelings one way or the other.

omg wtf bbq
02-17-2007, 02:47 AM
when people say
"damn son, havent seen you in a minute"

All That I Am
02-17-2007, 04:01 AM
I hate people who are just getting on to the free way and for some reason think they have to go all the way over into the fast lane, no matter what speed they are driving at.

I work at a supermarket and after a year of working six days a week, I just can't stand the stupid questions I get. Like: "How come you guys don't have seedless watermelon seeds?" or the ever ironic "Can I ask you a question?"

Courtney
02-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I hate short guys who hate tall guys.. I'm 6'6'' and I want to see the show up front just as much as everyone else. IT SEEMS TO BOTHER EVERYBODY! instead of having it ruin the show for you, why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.

You're kind of a dick, aren't you? And no, I won't migrate 3 feet to the left. There's someone else standing there.

If you're super tall, it would be nice if you staked claim to a spot early, so that you don't come at the last minute, or in the middle of a show, and forcibly push your way in and mess up other people's views. Sure, you don't have to, but it's the considerate thing to do.

And for the record, I'm 5'7", so if there's some girl who's like 5'1" standing behind me, I'll totally suggest that she move in front. It doesn't really make a difference to my viewing experience, but it could make a huge difference to hers.

dinosaurateme
02-17-2007, 10:46 AM
And by a couple of people, you totally mean me, right? I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it. I have no feelings one way or the other.

well, you know..dasha, kind of has one, even though hers is all fucked.

jerpar24
02-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Ugly girls that think they are hot.

jerpar24
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Ugly Girls that think they are hot shit.

vinylmartyr
02-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Wait I thought you girls liked tall guys?

Courtney
02-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I like tall guys who aren't jerks, thankyouverymuch.

Acutally, no, that's a lie. I don't like really super tall guys, as least not to date. 6'6" sounds like a pain -- I'd much rather be able to kiss him without him having to bend down almost a foot.

gaypalmsprings
02-17-2007, 11:50 AM
So, gay p - is smegma, itself, your pet peeve, or is the word 'smegma' your pet peeve?

Itself. I never cared for cottage cheese.

fatbastard
02-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I hate flimsy, superthin napkins. You always have to grab a bunch to clean yourself thoroughly.

I use to go out with a girl who's mother would cut every new pack of napkins in half with a pair of scissors to make them last twice as long.

Hannahrain
02-17-2007, 06:11 PM
i hate when i'm reminded by a company that it is "customary to tip" their employees.

fatbastard
02-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Pet peeves:
Standing in line at the market while employees are walking around and talking to each other and not even noticing everyone in line.

Restaurant employees who just walk up to the table with glasses and start pouring waster (assumming I want water).

Waiters/Waitresses who forget about you (I called information once from the counter at Mimi's in Arcadia and watched our waitress pick up the phone-I asked for our bill and the entire staff looked at me like a terrorist as I walked out).

When standing in line for a concert, movie, ball game; people who talk and talk out loud about their lives and the event (I remember seeing Gwen and the boys at the 321 club back in..., we were so drunk that night; we went with Mark, you remember him, well he had gotten us in the the back door and...)

People who don't finish remaining food and leave it in it's original location rather than throwing it away. Example. I want to put some milk in my coffee, I pick up the milk carton and there is only 6 drops of milk. Example. I want to add pickles to my sandwich but there is only green juice in the pickle container.

Homeless people who ask for money who are wearing better clothes and shoes than me.

blastyourears
02-17-2007, 09:48 PM
You're kind of a dick, aren't you? And no, I won't migrate 3 feet to the left. There's someone else standing there.

If you're super tall, it would be nice if you staked claim to a spot early, so that you don't come at the last minute, or in the middle of a show, and forcibly push your way in and mess up other people's views. Sure, you don't have to, but it's the considerate thing to do.

And for the record, I'm 5'7", so if there's some girl who's like 5'1" standing behind me, I'll totally suggest that she move in front. It doesn't really make a difference to my viewing experience, but it could make a huge difference to hers.

My whole point was that if I did claim my spot early, which I always do... Then I should be fine to be wherever I am. I wouldn't just rush in and block people..

TomAz
02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Ugly girls that think they are hot.

jesus christ dude. be a man.

hear hear

My whole point was that if I did claim my spot early, which I always do... Then I should be fine to be wherever I am. I wouldn't just rush in and block people..

be a gentleman. move back. that way others can see but you can see too.

SojuGorae
02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Girls who smoke. I hate that shit.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-17-2007, 11:06 PM

You know what I hate? Guys who think girls shouldn't do something, just cause they're girls, or cause they personally think it's unattractive. FYI- If you see me smoking at the show, I'm not trying to impress you.

Hannahrain
02-17-2007, 11:07 PM
i hate when bands i like have songs in commercials.

AEversW
02-17-2007, 11:14 PM

i dont hate it...its just a turn off. I really hate the obnoxious drunk girls at parties though. Mostly because i end up driving them home and they throw up in my backseat!

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-17-2007, 11:56 PM
i dont even like text-type via text.

betao
02-18-2007, 08:24 AM
mmmm...

I hate people who chew with their mouth's open - that gives me an urge to commit mass murder.

Ignorant people who think the popular, media-hyped music or movies of today are "classic" or "original". I could go into many examples, but I'm sure you people get the idea.

Seeing people swayed by peer pressure. That drives me crazy.

The MTV show "Cribs" - who ever thought anyone would want to watch a celebrity show off his house to people?

but probably the biggest one of all...

People who lie or lead you on. There is never an excuse for that bullshit.

smellysocks
02-18-2007, 08:55 AM
I hate when you tell someone a story and then a couple of days later they either try to tell that same story to someone else when you are around passing it off as their story...or better yet, try to tell you and pass it off as their own story

when people dont put cds back in cases

when professors make you get all the way to your class, and then you find out that is was cancelled because there is a sign outside of the door when they could have emailed everyone and saved me the time of walking across campus

people who ask stupid questions in class that obviously everyone but them know the answer to

anecdotes...

babies that cry incesently on long airplane rides...wait babies who cry incesently in general

kelly clarkston...

CheersDarlin
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Mouth breathers. I understand if you HAVE to breath through your mouth because your nose is stuffy, but it still annoys me. Especially if I'm trying to concentrate on a test but all I can hear is Darth Vader next to me.

cityzun
02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
You know what I hate? Guys who think girls shouldn't do something, just cause they're girls, or cause they personally think it's unattractive. FYI- If you see me smoking at the show, I'm not trying to impress you.

I hate guys and girls who smoke. How's that. Well, don't hate the person, just the smoke. Gives me asthma.

And I hate when people use is instead of are.

Ex: Hey, now there is dogs running around!

And guys who try to win over girls by putting down their (the girl's) friends, as though convincing the girl their friend is a douche will improve their chances

~**/AnD wHeN gIrLs WrItE lIkE tHis\**~ IT'S NOT FUCKING CUTE. COMPUTER CHARACTERS WILL NEVER MAKE YOU CUTE!!!

smellysocks
02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
~**/AnD wHeN gIrLs WrItE lIkE tHis\**~ IT'S NOT FUCKING CUTE. COMPUTER CHARACTERS WILL NEVER MAKE YOU CUTE!!!

i fucking hate that

i cant stand when people say seen without using a helping verb.
For example: I seen him today or I seen that movie
...how hard is it to to say saw or even at times just insert have before seen, otherwise you sould like a four year old

downingthief
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM

Next time I see Chris Rock, I'll ask for one. :p

york707
02-19-2007, 06:21 AM
I hate it when a waiter asks if I need a refill, before I even get the main course.

This baffles me. Would you prefer to sit there with an empty glass until your food gets there? I hate it when my water ISN'T refilled when it's empty. I should not have to ask for more water. Refilling water is a given.

york707
02-19-2007, 06:22 AM
I hate it when people J-walk because they're TOO LAZY to walk that extra 10ft all the way to the crosswalk. Crosswalks are there for a reason: so people like me don't have an excuse to run you over!

Wow, you must live in the suburbs.

echolalia
02-19-2007, 07:35 AM
http://www.offworlddesigns.com/media/eyechart.jpg

C0linS
02-19-2007, 10:39 AM
i hate when bands i like have songs in commercials.

That really gets me too, I always feel really dissapointed. Especially if its a new band that are going to be known from then on as "the band from the whatever commercial"
That goes for tv shows too.

C0linS
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh! CDs not in the right box, aaaaarrrrgggghhh!

I know it really shouldnt matter but it just bugs the tits off me

amyzzz
02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I actually think that writing is cute. I'd never do that though.

cityzun
02-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I actually think that writing is cute. I'd never do that though.

Noo! But why!?

amyzzz
02-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Noo! But why!?
Too lazy.

comiddle
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
People who clip their nails on the train.
People who clip their nails in the lounge at work.
"Date Movie", "Scary Movie #", "Epic Movie" and all such crap.
People who stand at the top of the stairs and talk during peak stair using hours.
People who put gum on the backs of seats.
Bad graffiti.
Celebrity gossip rags and tv shows.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
That really gets me too, I always feel really dissapointed. Especially if its a new band that are going to be known from then on as "the band from the whatever commercial"
That goes for tv shows too.

Kinda like The Fratellis being in the new iPod commercial.

cityzun
02-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Oh! Cell phones in theaters. Or restaurants. Or going on a date and the stupid girl constantly texting her friends. Fugging hate cell phones.

TheWatcher
02-20-2007, 04:55 AM
People who don't leave messages on my answering machine and have blocked caller-ID numbers, but still expect me to know they called.

echolalia
02-20-2007, 05:24 AM
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/121406/shitty-blog.gif

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Oh! Cell phones in theaters. Or restaurants. Or going on a date and the stupid girl constantly texting her friends. Fugging hate cell phones.

I have a buddy who will sit in the bar, constantly texting someone or other, while conversations go on around him, FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKIN' NIGHT!

Hey, you might wanna check your nutsack, just see if your balls are still there...no?

C0linS
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Kinda like The Fratellis being in the new iPod commercial.

Hit the nail right on the head there my man! Thats what actually reminded me about how much I hate it. Also there's an oasis song on a cingular advert at the mo, ive heard noel say how much he hates that during a rant about moby. I think in the states Sony owns their rights so its not his fault,at least I hope so otherwise I'll be very dissillusioned.

kimery08
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
i hate it when my friends diss me for their boyfriends and then talk shit to me if i just happen to have plans with someone else the night they want to pencil me in.

vinylmartyr
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
wwi8_rRq8os

The Fratellis

jackstraw94086
02-20-2007, 02:56 PM

The title of the thread is pet peeve's, not "please rant because because someone makes fun of your disgusting habit". A pet peeve, by definition, is a small, likely trivial, issue which annoys you. Plain fact of the matter is that a lot of guys think smoking is disgusting, and when they're not drunk you'll seem nothing more than an ash tray. It's not persecution. Smoking is a choice (I know because quite a 10 year. pack a day habit). you've chosen to have people hate on you. Get over it.

It is your right to smoke. It is anyone else's right to call you gross. Fair's fair.

fatbastard
02-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I have a buddy who will sit in the bar, constantly texting someone or other, while conversations go on around him, FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKIN' NIGHT!

Hey, you might wanna check your nutsack, just see if your balls are still there...no?

I have a friend since the 6th grade who is in a similar situation. His wife will call him every 15 to 20 minutes whenever he visits or we go somewere. Imagine trying to talk to someone and being interrupted every 15 to 20 minutes. I've made comments in the past but he just deals with it by not dealing with it.

fatbastard
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Ignorant people who think the popular, media-hyped music or movies of today are "classic" or "original". I could go into many examples, but I'm sure you people get the idea.

I can relate. I will visit my in-laws and get grilled for hours on my reasoning for not seeing future classics such as "RV" with Robin Williams or if I go to concerts so much how come I don't like Celtic Woman?

I'll get called from one room to another to be put on the spot, "what was the name of the movie you went to go see?, it had subtitles right?, you like movies with sub-titles? Where did you guys go eat? Sushi, you like eating raw fish? It goes on and on up to the point where you start questioning yourself.

dedzilla
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I really hate it when someone says "Hi, how are you?" and then proceed to ask a question without waiting for a reply. At the very least, these people could wait for a "Fine, thank you", or they could simply say something else like "Hi, good morning".

betao
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
here are some more things that aggrivate me...

People who are loud and obnoxious (obvious)

People who are immature for their age (wake up and grow up)

I'm a soccer fan (real football) and I hate it when people say soccer is a sport for pussies. Let's see you run like hell and avoid slide tackles to your shins and knees for 90 minutes straight.

I'm also a huge fan of electronic/dance music, like my favorite bands are The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, etc etc. I'm a senior in high school, and alot of high schoolers are so drawn in and obsessed with what's on the radio, so when they hear something they'd call "techno", they're like "what is this shit? turn it off!"

I hate it when people ask questions that they should know the answer too, sometimes because they ask it on a regular basis. Think before you ask.

I'll be back later with more.

full on idle
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I am nothing more than an ashtray.

Yablonowitz
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
MTV what have you done to me?

Hannahrain
02-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I hate when people say "prolly", "valentimes", and "exscape".

SojuGorae
02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I have a friend since the 6th grade who is in a similar situation. His wife will call him every 15 to 20 minutes whenever he visits or we go somewere. Imagine trying to talk to someone and being interrupted every 15 to 20 minutes. I've made comments in the past but he just deals with it by not dealing with it.

I know all about this. It probably took a few years of my life expectency from me. It's pretty fucking stressful to have to go through that for over a year.

J~$$$
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM
dirty winshields, fluorescent lights, migranes.

jackstraw94086
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM

the worst is "supposovly" instead of supposedly

randy ricochet
02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
what the hell is prolly supposev to be anyway?
( see what I did there!?)

Yablonowitz
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
what the hell is prolly supposev to be anyway?
( see what I did there!?)

Gee...I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't so kindly added that parenthetical question. Thanks for explaining your jokes, Randy. They are tricky ones to get.

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't say "prolly" very often, but I definitely enjoy typing it in chat rooms. When I say it aloud, I say it jokingly.

downingthief
02-21-2007, 11:03 AM
here are some more things that aggrivate me...
I'm a soccer fan (real football) and I hate it when people say soccer is a sport for pussies. Let's see you run like hell and avoid slide tackles to your shins and knees for 90 minutes straight.

WORD! I get that ALL the time here at work.

lindseyb
02-21-2007, 11:53 AM
when people say "tempature", not temPERAture

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 12:02 PM
when people say "tempature", not temPERAture
Hey! My kids say it that way! :afu

jerpar24
02-21-2007, 12:07 PM

I hate that shit Too. People need to realize that Real Football is a harder game then American Football. Most guys I know can't even even run for a whole American Football game let alone for a whole 90 mins.

kimery08
02-21-2007, 12:08 PM
i like that little alien.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-21-2007, 02:17 PM
the worst is "supposovly" instead of supposedly

I hate "aks" instead of "ask".

Fuck, I'm intolerant!

SojuGorae
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Fuck, I'm intolerant!

My friends and I used to fuck around with that and I ended up actually pronouncing "ask" "axe" for quite some time. I think God smited me. I fixed it eventually.

ayates
02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Odd volume numbers, except for 5. It must be set at 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, or 8. I cannot tolerate 1, 3, 7, or 9.

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Odd volume numbers, except for 5. It must be set at 0, 2, 4, 5, 6, or 8. I cannot tolerate 1, 3, 7, or 9.
That's called OCD.

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 02:40 PM
people who make mouth noises when they eat
people who don't use their turn signal
people who eat with their mouths open
people who use the word ironic incorrectly
girls who condescendingly call everyone "honey" and "sweetie" before they say anything
passive aggressiveness
people who just let their children climb all over me (i don't mind saying hi, but jeez, get the germ machine off me!)
people who swear at disneyland
drum and bass people who talk about "bringing things proper"

york707
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM

I had an ex-girlfriend that did that, but opposite, and without the "5" exception.

rampaige
02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
girls who condescendingly call everyone "honey" and "sweetie" before they say

I cannot stand when people do this to me. I'm the youngest manager at the my workplace, and therefore get called sweetie about 50 times a day by other older female managers. I'm sure they don't mean it as such, but I take it like they don't think I'm competent in my job. Like, "awww, look at the cute wittle manager pwetending to be all gwown up..."

It also really irritates me when I'm on my way to meet friends out, and they call me asking if I can pick them up some smokes on my way. Dude, that's why I QUIT SMOKING. I don't care if people smoke or don't smoke, but dammit, don't make me responsible for supplying your habit. I just wanna get to the bar and drink some beer without making an unneeded pit stop at the gas station.

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I cannot stand when people do this to me. I'm the youngest manager at the my workplace, and therefore get called sweetie about 50 times a day by other older female managers. I'm sure they don't mean it as such, but I take it like they don't think I'm competent in my job. Like, "awww, look at the cute wittle manager pwetending to be all gwown up..."

oh man, i'm sorry to hear that. i worked at a university campus for awhile, and all the older male teachers would do that too. they'd ask me to make copies and call people for them too like i was their goddamned secretary. it's definately inappropriate.

i also hate the stare down i get from door guys at bars when i hand them my id. just check the damn thing. there's no need to stare back and forth between my picture and face 80 times like you're letting me into area 51. i'm not sure what face they're waiting for me to make, but i'm sure it's not the laughter i give them =P

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I like being called sweetie.

randy ricochet
02-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Gee...I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't so kindly added that parenthetical question. Thanks for explaining your jokes, Randy. They are tricky ones to get.

So what is it then old man?

jackstraw94086
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM

you'll feel better in a couple days, toots

justinaqui
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
people who use the word ironic incorrectly

using "literally" when not being literal too. wth.

thinnerair
02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
LOL makes my skin crawl

rampaige
02-21-2007, 03:55 PM
you'll feel better in a couple days, toots

Hee, I think if someone actually called me toots I would die laughing. In fact, I would PREFER to be called toots over sweetie or honey.

I'm going to create a memo tomorrow alerting my coworkers to my preference in pet names. THEN they'll see what a competent employee I am!

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
I hate the word "unpredictable." It feels like an oxymoron to me because once you describe something as "unpredictable," then you KNOW it's unpredictable, therefore you can predict it.

Hannahrain
02-21-2007, 05:08 PM

Fuck, I'm intolerant!

I hate this as well. The exception is when it is being said by the Beastie Boys. They get a free pass.

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
I was totally going to say I hate the word "aks" earlier, but I was afraid of getting called out for being racist/anti-ebonics.

Hannahrain
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
how do you feel about someone using "unpredictable" in hindsight?

rampaige
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I hate when I am sitting in our extra bedroom, which doubles as the office and the cat's room, and said cat comes in and takes a big nasty fat crap in her box. It is so foul smelling it always makes me gag and have to open a window, yet she only seems to have a bowel movement when I'm in the room. She doesn't even bother covering it up.

Of course as I'm typing this, she's curled up in the chair next to me, looking so damn adorable and cute, I feel bad even telling everyone about her room clearing shits.

TomAz
02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I hate people who try to sound smarter by using "big" words incorrectly as if they're trying to tell the world about their subscription to the m-w wotd (A classic example would be the word "ironic").

I hate people who are constantly trying to one-up everyone all the time (How small is your penis, anyway?)

I hate people who present an opinion as factual information.

I hate people who turn every question into an opportunity for some sort of mental masturbation.

And finally, I hate anyone who constantly feels the need to publicly pat themselves on the back, or compliment their own achievements out loud. For example: *out loud* "Wow, I have excellent taste in everything. Just look at this beer I brought to your party". First of all, who are they talking to? Secondly, if it's good, someone will probably say so. If not, well it probably wasn't that great.

you need counseling. you're worth more than you think you are. despite your small penis.

dedzilla
02-21-2007, 07:24 PM
you need counseling. you're worth more than you think you are. despite your small penis.

*sniffle* Thanks man!

betao
02-22-2007, 05:24 AM
I think its extremely annoying when people (guys do this mostly) will take nearly anything you say and turn it into a sex-related joke, and think it's funny as hell.

It just gets very old, very fast.

randy ricochet
02-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Show us your tits love!!!

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 06:02 AM
I hate when I am sitting in our extra bedroom, which doubles as the office and the cat's room, and said cat comes in and takes a big nasty fat crap in her box. It is so foul smelling it always makes me gag and have to open a window, yet she only seems to have a bowel movement when I'm in the room. She doesn't even bother covering it up.

Of course as I'm typing this, she's curled up in the chair next to me, looking so damn adorable and cute, I feel bad even telling everyone about her room clearing shits.

Tom, I can't believe you missed the opportunity to say something like: "wow, that literally IS a pet peeve." BWHAAHAHAHAHAHA. So I get the mad love for that.

Also, I like that this is both a pet peeve and a confession at the same time.

TheGunslinger138
02-22-2007, 06:07 AM

But mine goes to 11!

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 06:09 AM
how do you feel about someone using "unpredictable" in hindsight?
That actually makes sense.

Courtney
02-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Tom, I can't believe you missed the opportunity to say something like: "wow, that literally IS a pet peeve." BWHAAHAHAHAHAHA.

ahahahaha
+5

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-22-2007, 07:33 AM
But mine goes to 11!

Really? That's one louder...

york707
02-22-2007, 08:12 AM
I hate this as well. The exception is when it is being said by the Beastie Boys. They get a free pass.

Racist.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:12 AM
:sorry

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:16 AM
I was apologizing for being "racist" too. I don't like "aks."

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I hate the word "unpredictable." It feels like an oxymoron to me because once you describe something as "unpredictable," then you KNOW it's unpredictable, therefore you can predict it.

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Say you have a newspaper delivery boy who one day delivers your paper at 5:30 a.m., then the next day delivers it at 7:45 a.m., the following day the paper is delivered at 6:45 a.m., then the next day it doesn't come until 2 p.m., the day after that it's 9:25 a.m., and yesterday it was 8:05 a.m. Your friend is over to your house visiting and says they want to know when the paper is delivered so they can plan their day. What would you tell them?

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Say you have a newspaper delivery boy who one day delivers your paper at 5:30 a.m., then the next day delivers it at 7:45 a.m., the following day the paper is delivered at 6:45 a.m., then the next day it doesn't come until 2 p.m., the day after that it's 9:25 a.m., and yesterday it was 8:05 a.m. Your friend is over to your house visiting and says they want to know when the paper is delivered so they can plan their day. What would you tell them?
I know it doesn't make sense to some people, and I figured someone would call me on that. Nevertheless, that word has always bugged me.

Courtney
02-22-2007, 08:20 AM

Have you read any Derrida? Specifically his "Shibboleth" essay? Because that's basically his argument. See, you too could be a world-renowned French philosopher in three easy steps.

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Yo, answer the question...wouldn't the word "unpredictable" be a perfectly consise word to describe this situation? What word would you use? Random? C'mon...I want to hear this one through.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Have you read any Derrida? Specifically his "Shibboleth" essay? Because that's basically his argument. See, you too could be a world-renowned French philosopher in three easy steps.
Thank you. I feel validated now. (I have not read that)

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to plan their day around receiving a fucking newspaper.

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Why did you curse?

The newspaper is the only source that lists the hours of the Mephisto Shoe Exhibit which does not have a phone or any other source of information about it other than in the paper.

Answer the question.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:30 AM
"You're gonna have to wait all day."

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I know it doesn't make sense to some people, and I figured someone would call me on that. Nevertheless, that word has always bugged me.

yablo's right. it makes sense to nobody. I don't even think it make sense to you. Just because you know something is not predictable doesn't mean you can predict that it will be unpredictable.

You're thinking about it in terms of something being unreliable. i.e. the bus rarely arrives exactly on time, thus you decide not to wait for it when you're on a tight schedule. That's not the same as "predicting" that the bus will not be on time. That makes no sense. You are conceding that there is lack of evidence to make a prediction. Big diference.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:34 AM
It makes sense to me. I think of it in terms as my parents always called my sister unpredictable. That confused me because by saying she's unpredictable, we can now predict that she displays unpredictable behavior.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
maybe they should have called her spontaneous then. spontaneity applies more to a human anyway. while a human makes all sorts of (seemingly) unpredictable choices, there are too many constants for a human to be truly unpredictable.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Ok, so I've been thinking about this word the wrong way my entire life.

Courtney
02-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Pshaw, don't let these nay-sayers get you down Amy. I think it makes perfect sense in a weird inverted logic sort of way.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
well, the word spontaneity leaves a little more leverage for human nature than unpredictability. you can be a spontaneous person, but still have tendencies towards certain things. like eating and sleeping, for example. unpredictability would indicate no pattern whatsoever.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Yabs was thinking of it in a way that relates to time, while I was thinking of it in terms of behavior.

randy ricochet
02-22-2007, 08:47 AM
In terms of Football which I know a lot about (proper football, not your lets get dressed up in armour and play catch!)
If for example Watford's defense are unpredictable, which they are frequently, then you can predict that the gambling odds will never be in favour of a clean sheet

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 08:50 AM
It makes sense to me. I think of it in terms as my parents always called my sister unpredictable. That confused me because by saying she's unpredictable, we can now predict that she displays unpredictable behavior.

You just used the word unpredictable.

Also, technically, you're not predicting someone is unpredictable, you're describing them as unpredictable.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Yabs was thinking of it in a way that relates to time, while I was thinking of it in terms of behavior.

it doesn't matter in what sense you think of it. whether it be trying to predict when something will happen or what someone will do, you're still taking about foretelling an event. Foretelling that you can't foretell something isn't a prediction. That's the absence of a prediction.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
you're describing them as unpredictable.

exactly. you're predicting nothing.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
The word unpredictable is even more my pet peeve now.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 09:36 AM
That was predictable.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Also, I was not thinking on it in terms predicting of concrete events that happen at a specific time, but more in predicting behavior.

It'll happen, but not saying exactly when it will happen.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I already explained that it's the same thing. scroll up.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm tempted to make up some shirts on zazzle or cafe press:
"Unpredictable"
"Duct tape: for the door and her mouth"
etc

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
When did you decide to stop making sense?

Que tomaz pic shot of David Byrne.

kimery08
02-22-2007, 10:26 AM
right now.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 10:27 AM
It's "cue," asshole.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
It's "cue," asshole.

damn, yabs.

kimery08
02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
i hate it when someone tells me something i know but i choose to ignore because of my silly wishful thinking. then when they tell me, i have to admit it to myself and then i feel like an ass.
right now, i feel like an ass. even more so because i still have that wishful thinking.
im peeved at myself.
boo.

nmaff
02-22-2007, 10:42 AM
people that shuffle their feet while they walk.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
people that shuffle their feet while they walk.
haha, I totally do that! I'm constantly tripping over lines in the sidewalk and other crap.

chunk
02-22-2007, 10:49 AM
It's "cue," asshole.

its "cue", amy.

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 10:57 AM
its "cue", amy.
Comma placement is up for debate. The spelling of that word is not.

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
damn, yabs.

She got me fair and squre. No wiggle room for that.

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Comma placement is up for debate. The spelling of that word is not.

I think you are actually correct, zzz. Standard American English style is to put the comma inside the quotes. British English, I believe, puts the comma outside the quotes. You are an American.

chunk
02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
in my newspaper its done the way i done did it.

Yablonowitz
02-22-2007, 11:26 AM
in my newspaper its done the way i done did it.

Ah...well I think it is a debatable usage point. I appreciate the effort on my behalf though. Lord knows it hurt getting stung like that by the zzzmeister.

york707
02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
expect the unexpected, amy.

york707
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
queue up for the yablo spankings.

york707
02-22-2007, 11:31 AM
name caller

I was only calling you out for giving the Beasties a free pass. Cause they're white. Racist.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 11:35 AM
they're white.

i hadn't noticed. i guess that makes you the racist.

kimery08
02-22-2007, 11:36 AM
thats what she said.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 11:38 AM
that's going in our wedding vows, kimery

kimery08
02-22-2007, 11:40 AM
fo sho.

so is that.

jimbojones
02-22-2007, 11:44 AM

me too i hate having to look like a pig especially if im out w/ a girl.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 11:45 AM
me too i hate having to look like a pig especially if im out w/ a girl.

i wonder if we could work this in as well...

chunk
02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
you guys getting married? i thought you were just friends.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
sex before marriage is a sin, so we're waiting til after our lesbian wedding.

kimery08
02-22-2007, 11:50 AM
we are solidifying our union at coachella.
rsvp asap byob

and im sure we can work it in.

chunk
02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
who gets the bachelor party?

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 11:52 AM
we should have a thread where people sign up for jobs. we need a ring bearer, a flower girl, and a drunken bridesmaid to make an embarrasing toast.

foto_synthesis
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Self-important nobs who try to do difficult auto manoeuvres WHILE ONE HAND IS CLAMPING THE CELLPHONE TO THEIR FACE!

Not using blinkers to signal your intention. Hey! Numbnuts! My psychic abilities class was cancelled - I don't have a fuckin' clue where you wanna go!

How about people who speed past you in traffic just to cut in front of you, then slam on their brakes and turn down a side street without using a blinker!:mad:

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I think you are actually correct, zzz. Standard American English style is to put the comma inside the quotes. British English, I believe, puts the comma outside the quotes. You are an American.
Yeah, I think we've discussed this one before. I was always taught comma, period, etc goes inside the quotes. I hate that when I'm asking a question about a song or something, and it looks like the song has a question mark in it.

i.e. Do you like the Air song "Kelly Watch the Stars?"

foto_synthesis
02-22-2007, 11:56 AM
People who make small-talk with the bank teller on the direct deposit line

.... on a payday during your lunch hour...

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 11:57 AM
queue up for the yablo spankings.
P I N G !

kimery08
02-22-2007, 11:58 AM
fo sho.

jackstraw94086
02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
putting punctuation inside quotes is obsolete.

It was necessary back in the days old printing presses. Hoo dug that up.

There's no reason for it today.

chunk
02-22-2007, 12:00 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAADED!

amyzzz
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
When you get a gift card, use that gift card to buy part of an item, you take the item home and it does not work. You take it back to the aforementioned store, they do not have a replacement for that item at ANY store in your metro area, and they REFUSE to give you all your money back in cash because part of it was that damn gift card.

My husband wants to kill himself because he can't get a video card from Best Buy, and he doesn't have enough money to buy the same card from another store. Motherfuckers. Oh, and now our computer won't work until he gets a goddamn new video card.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-22-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm in love with Jacques Derrida...

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 12:14 PM
For my darling Kimery on the day of our engagement

bviO2SM5H7k

chunk
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
i hate you for making me watch that whole thing. i thought there was a point. the gerbil thing? is that the point?

kimery08
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
hhahahahahahah. perfect.

kimery08
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
hahahhhahaha. i only watched the beginning too.

Hannahrain
02-22-2007, 12:35 PM
re-posted after i deleted this somehow while editing...

i don't know. i only watched the beginning. its an insipid, obnoxious song.

comiddle
02-23-2007, 04:42 PM
I hate big jars of peanut butter or nayonaise. My knife is only so long and I can't reach the goodness at the bottom of the jar without sticking my hand in there and getting goo all over my fingers. Probably the most irritating thing ever, really.

chunk
02-23-2007, 04:46 PM
wet socks and tripping over your own shoes (such betrayal!).

rampaige
02-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I hate big jars of peanut butter or nayonaise. My knife is only so long and I can't reach the goodness at the bottom of the jar without sticking my hand in there and getting goo all over my fingers. Probably the most irritating thing ever, really.

I totally feel ya on that one. When my sister and I were little my mom would always get mad when mayonnaise ended up on the entire knife handle. I'm not sure what the alternative was.

My other peeve is work related...when people aren't sure where incoming faxes go, so they just lay them on the table the fax machine sits on (eventually getting scattered around.) People, these are important documents, documents that I will later be blamed for when they come up missing. If you don't know whose box to put them in, lay them back on the fax trey so someone else can sort them!

rampaige
02-23-2007, 04:49 PM
While I was typing the above, my cat wandered into the room and took another one of her infamous dumps. Gah.

Courtney
02-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I think mayonnaise is kind of gross.

vinylmartyr
02-23-2007, 04:57 PM

Yablobait

Courtney
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Eh?

Yablonowitz
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
putting punctuation inside quotes is obsolete.

It was necessary back in the days old printing presses. Hoo dug that up.

There's no reason for it today.

Is that why we do it? Some old tradition with the printing press? Did not know that. It just looks better to me. But that might just be years of social pressure.

Yablonowitz
02-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Do you mean how it looks or how it tastes? I can accept the former, if it's the latter you are a liar.

Yablonowitz
02-23-2007, 05:19 PM

This is the only pet peeve I've read worth a damn.

Yablonowitz
02-23-2007, 05:20 PM
My other peeve is work related...when people aren't sure where incoming faxes go, so they just lay them on the table the fax machine sits on (eventually getting scattered around.) People, these are important documents, documents that I will later be blamed for when they come up missing. If you don't know whose box to put them in, lay them back on the fax trey so someone else can sort them!

#2. Perfectly stated.

mountmccabe
02-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Do you mean how it looks or how it tastes? I can accept the former, if it's the latter you are a liar.

The entire idea of mayonaise is abominable.

jackstraw94086
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM

It's called darwinism. Get with the times. I heard they have the internet on computers now.

BoardsofCoachella
02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I can't stand when people have food in their mouth and talk...like on tv when there is a dinner scene and everyone is yapping away while eating...drives me insane.

This happened today and refereshed my memory...
Someone at work brought me some forms to hold for a co-worker that was already gone for the day. I put my hand out to receive it and this mother fucker throws it on the desk.My hand was like an inch from the paper too.Hand it to me...Simple courtesy

djoz187
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Pet Peeve - When I'm cleaning up after a party and I pick up a full beer can! AARRGGHHH!!! Finish your beer or don't open it please!!!

fasttrack
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
i hate when strangers make small talk. "think it'll rain?" "stayin' out of trouble?"

rampaige
02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
It's called darwinism. Get with the times. I heard they have the internet on computers now.

I work for a hotel. We send out contracts. Contracts that need people's signatures on them. Last I checked, the people that book rooms with us, i.e. wedding parties, family reunions, teams, etc., don't have the technology required to send an e-signature. Unless it's to click the box that says "I agree with the above." Which won't work for us.

It's not like we're sending smoke signals here. Ass.

mariposa!
02-23-2007, 10:50 PM
people that try to act all enlightened, claim to be true blue pagans and then spell "pagan" "p-E-g-a-n". i witness this every day and its like fingernails on a blackboard. one day i am going to snap and scream at her " ITS P-A-G-A-N!!!"

another pet peeve of mine is when youre driving, and you get stuck behind a car that stops and puts on its hazards, and then you look behind you to try and go around, but you cant because theres too much traffic in the lane next to you, and the car BEHIND YOU, goes around you first...... grrr.

btw, i use little or no punctuation when i post on messageboards, i hope thats not anyone elses pet peeve. hahaha.

oh and btw, hi everyone im mariposa!