PDA

View Full Version : Coachella isn't really sold out...

ri0tp00f
02-16-2007, 07:31 AM
...it's a publicity stunt.

Some time in March, Goldenvoice will release 20,000 or so more tickets (including 3 day passes) which will then all be bought up in 2-3 days due to everyone thinking they better buy them since all the rest sold out so quickly before

Tylerdurden31
02-16-2007, 07:34 AM
...it's a publicity stunt.

Some time in March, Goldenvoice will release 20,000 or so more tickets (including 3 day passes) which will then all be bought up in 2-3 days due to everyone thinking they better buy them since all the rest sold out so quickly before

Daaaaniiiiiiiii...can you confirm or deny this?

faxman75
02-16-2007, 07:40 AM
I'll confirm it's bullshit.
I'll also confirm that if there are a thousand or two tickets left they will sell them the day of.

sonofhal
02-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah, obviously! Was it on Fox news? I won't believe it until it is! They are the providers of truth!

invisiblerobots
02-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Where would all these last minute folks sleep?

longbeach90803
02-16-2007, 07:55 AM
giving hope to the hopeless. if they do release more it would be the shittiest thing they could do. fostering a giant black market on ebay. forcing people to spending triple ticket price only to release more to the general public later. would it surprise me? no. do i think they're going to release more? no

psychic friend
02-16-2007, 08:12 AM
not only is it not true but that is a dumb theory.

luveebunni08
02-16-2007, 10:13 AM
hehe

what would be the point in releasing more? yes, watching the shows, walking around enjoying the festival cheek to cheek with a bunch of sweaty pissed off people is how i want my money spent.

they're gone, people!

Phoenix
02-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know, it's kind of hard to believe they are all gone, end of story. I think they'll release more.

faxman75
02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Well, it's obvious to all of us that you would know much more than psychic friend who works for Coachella.

80 percent of americans believe in angels too, so go figure.

psychic friend
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
that's true, most of us believe in angels. especially this one.

http://cdn-79.cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users12/brendonlvr01/default/msg-115652180867.jpg

Coachella Local Boy
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
COACHELLA IS NOT SLOD OUT!!!!
It's the same thing GV does every single year. I have been avery year and live in the are of the festival. When the other acts, that are already signed, are announced more tickets will be released. Last year Sunday with was sold out. Then Madonna was added and suddenly there was more tickets available. They sold out too and fast. Tickets were sold at the gate for Sunday. Mind not a ton, but at least 1,000 more. You still have a very good chance of getting tickeets if you haven't already!

So smile, there is an angel above me, although gay, he is an angel.

ocpathfinder
02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
0KUJXXEoXp0

sonofhal
02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
WTF is Slod Out?

Somebody please explain?

sonofhal
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
...and which year was the avary year?Did you mean aviary year? That mythical year when A Flock Of Seagulls played, along with The Starlings, The Pigeon Detective, The Byrds etc etc.

Coachella Local Boy
02-16-2007, 10:46 AM
WOW! You must lead an exciting life!!!

SFChrissy
02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
0KUJXXEoXp0

Dang...I just 'bout pee'd my pants that was so good!!!

psychic friend
02-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Last year Sunday with was sold out. Then Madonna was added and suddenly there was more tickets available.

this is false information. just sayin

Mo'rage
02-16-2007, 10:54 AM
i heard they're going to release one MILLION more tickets
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:kUwQu07HJJHooM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Dr_Evil.jpg/800px-Dr_Evil.jpg

breakjaw
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
...and which year was the avary year?Did you mean aviary year? That mythical year when A Flock Of Seagulls played, along with The Starlings, The Pigeon Detective, The Byrds etc etc.
Andrew Bird,Phoenix,and Jimmy Buffett.Yeah,that year was great.

purpleindika@hotmail.com
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
0KUJXXEoXp0

holy shit, that movie was filmed in my High School. No Joke. look it up.

Phoenix
02-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, it's obvious to all of us that you would know much more than psychic friend who works for Coachella.

No need to be rude, dude.

woogie846
02-16-2007, 10:36 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:kUwQu07HJJHooM:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Dr_Evil.jpg/800px-Dr_Evil.jpg

Is there ever going to be another Austin Powers?

amdux
02-17-2007, 01:07 AM
the '80's are why the terrorists hate us :thu

Cpt. Funkaho
02-17-2007, 03:21 AM
rcpathfinder, thanks for saving the thread.

Nothing like some solid 80s cheese to cleanse the palate of tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories about GoldenVoice's secret stash of unsold Moon Tickets.

wisconsinboozer
02-17-2007, 07:50 AM
not only is it not true but that is a dumb theory.

how much do you think people will be scalping them outsides the gates for then? not sure if i should just pay 400 for a 1 day (sunday) ticket for my gf right now or just wait it out
thanks psychic :winkiss

jESS09
02-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I DONT THINK ID WANT TO RISK PAYING FOR 2 PLANE TICKETS, GOING TO COAHELLA AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND A DAMN TICKET.DO YALL THINK THE TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON TICKETMASTER ANYMORE?

DeltaSigChi4
02-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I'll confirm it's bullshit.
I'll also confirm that if there are a thousand or two tickets left they will sell them the day of.

What is the best way about going scoring tickets on the day of ... and not from scalpers, but from GV? What time? Location? Attire? Etc.

E

ashtraygrl
02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
i don't doubt they'll release more tickets. not because it was always part of some evil plan, but because they didn't plan on them selling out this quickly in the first place and will take advantage of a good marketing situation.

ocpathfinder
02-17-2007, 04:10 PM
holy shit, that movie was filmed in my High School. No Joke. look it up.

no shit? do you know cru jones? how about MY MAN, bart taylor? bowness high school.

TheCutestBoyAlive
02-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they will release more tickets the day of the event. I also heard that SUNDAY tickets are be gonna on sale at the door.

ocpathfinder
02-17-2007, 06:22 PM
mD5riS3DB6k

Phoenix
02-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't think it's some publicity stunt, it could be, but I doubt it. Usually tickets that are released are actually RE-released, if that makes sense. Like credit card declines, or tickets that were saved for guest list and promoters who can't go.

My bf who does promotion and has put on shows and works with venues and other promoters all the time told me this. They always hold tickets for that type of stuff and if they won't be used they release em for sale.

Whether this will happen for Coachella or not, is up in the air.

microcuts
02-17-2007, 07:06 PM
They could easily sell more tickets if they wanted to, which they apparently don't. They reduced capacity this year, and obviously by a significant amount. There is quite simply NO WAY that the same amount of tickets sold in 2 weeks this year that has taken nearly 3 months in previous years. Rage or no Rage. People seem to be forgetting that Rage performed in 1999 and there was no "hysteria" over that. They're obviously reforming for good anyway, so LOL to anyone shelling out $2,000+ for this, like I've seen on eBay, when you can just see them for $50 at your local sports arena.

Phoenix
02-17-2007, 07:27 PM
They could easily sell more tickets if they wanted to, which they apparently don't. They reduced capacity this year, and obviously by a significant amount. There is quite simply NO WAY that the same amount of tickets sold in 2 weeks this year that has taken nearly 3 months in previous years. Rage or no Rage. People seem to be forgetting that Rage performed in 1999 and there was no "hysteria" over that. They're obviously reforming for good anyway, so LOL to anyone shelling out $2,000+ for this, like I've seen on eBay, when you can just see them for $50 at your local sports arena.

High five to that!

boyalien0
02-17-2007, 10:01 PM
Is there ever going to be another Austin Powers?

I will confirm that there will most likely be another.

HEADSTRUCK
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
it better be sold out after paying 450$ for a sunday ticket

faxman75
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
High five to that!

You high fiving mother fucker
you high fiving mother fucker

Your just a walking billboard for all the latest brands
You've got no taste in music and you really love our band
Your haircut is atrocious, been the same since '83
Your glory days are over and so's your stonewashed jeans

You Crass Fat-Ass
You stupid steroid Fuck
I bet you even named your
Grand prize Monster Truck
You want me - you can't pay
You want me - you can't pay

mountmccabe
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM

1999 was the first year. There was no previous year to get attention and people didn't know what to expect.

2004 brought the festival to the attention of a lot of people with Radiohead and the Pixies though it helped that the Beasties and the Peppers played the year before.

How did tickets sell out so quick this year? Madonna. The coverage Coachella got last year was far wider than ever before.

Even if most of the people that heard about the festival or went last year won't care because there's no one like Madonna there's still going to be a large chunk that will get drawn in by the artists playing this year.

Add in big headliners like Bjork (who doesn't do that many shows) and RHCP (a big and popular band) and RATM reunion... and these people who just heard of the festival last year as "that Madonna thing" and you've got a lot more people paying attention.

Plus there's a core audience of festival fans and indie fans and EDM fans and... it doesn't shock me that the festival sold out. I didn't expect it this early but the more people know about it, the more people considering going means the quicker tickets are going to sell.

I have no idea if Goldenvoice reduced capacity this year or not but I can see the sellout happening without reducing capacity and without any tricks like holding thousands and thousands of tickets back.

elChurro
02-22-2007, 09:07 AM
size matters

André
02-22-2007, 10:04 AM

now thats true

Kampy
02-22-2007, 10:23 AM
What is the best way about going scoring tickets on the day of ... and not from scalpers, but from GV? What time? Location? Attire? Etc.

E

Time: 9AM

Attire: Gymborees and an asshat

For more info: click here (http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2021427_buy-tickets-coachella.html)

Monko
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM
They ALWAYS SELL TICKETS THE DAY OF AT THE GATE! ALWAYS! EVEN WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE SOLD OUT! ALWAYS. WITHOUT A DOUBT THEY WILL SELL TICKETS AT THE GATE!

YOU DONT HAVE TO GET THERE EXTRA EARLY(Although it might be smart this year). I got my sunday ticket, remember sunday was sold out, at 11am at the gate, there was only a short line to get tickets.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS AT THE GATE! Single day only, last year they wouldnt let you buy 2 day passes at the gate.

Tobisking
02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I think they sold out all right! Personally I have never particularly considered going to a festival before but as soon as I heard RATM were playing coachella... That is something which will make people turn up from all over the place (including me). Sunday will be the most bonkers day in history! (don't get me wrong the other two days will be top quality, no doubt about it)

what ho toodle pip what what

d_apathy
02-22-2007, 05:00 PM
lol@people thinking they'll sell headliner days tix at the door. It's supply and demand. Lets face it, Theres not enough room even if they wanted to sell that much more tickets.

ToddThaGod
02-23-2007, 09:27 PM

haha you just threw him under the bus. gold

Dead*Squirrel
02-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Ehhhh...

...just had a quick shudder...

..thinking about walking past the legion of Rage Fans on Sunday, the ones who paid $300+++ for airfare, ??? for camping/lodging, transported themselves somehow to the Polo Grounds only to find out that there are few to no tickets available for on-site purchase.

It's not gonna be pretty.

C DUB YA
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
it better be sold out after paying 450$ for a sunday ticket

Dumb move.

You should just check out Rage with the Wu instead.

C DUB YA
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Ehhhh...

...just had a quick shudder...

..thinking about walking past the legion of Rage Fans on Sunday, the ones who paid $300+++ for airfare, ??? for camping/lodging, transported themselves somehow to the Polo Grounds only to find out that there are few to no tickets available for on-site purchase.

It's not gonna be pretty.

hopefully they will just adjust their energy to the Rock the Bells shows instead.

BriAnne
02-26-2007, 06:09 PM

HALARIOUS!!!! love it.

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
From what I understand, Coechella isn't really selling out, they're just introducing new artists to the scene. Most of the artists on the roster for this coming concert are coming fresh out of the underground, names you wouldn't even talk about in polite conversation. For example, Gogol Bordello, practically the antichrist of perestroika rock, should come with a warning, "Might induce violent outbursts." Placebo has dropped out of the mainstream, Sonic Youth is a huge taboo in any establishment, and Regina Spektor, while adopted by the mainstream, came right out of the bronx where she got her start playing houseparties for uppety Yeshivites. You can't snub your nose at the talent it must have taken for a Russian Jewish girl to work her way out of the ghetto and onto MTV, nor can you snub your nose at the talent it must have taken Lily Allen to come out from under her father's shadow into the limelight. I don't know much about the other bands, Placebo has dropped almost completely off of the radar, and their new music really does it for me, at least. Amy Winehouse is a "New Classic" by anyone's standards, and having obtained an exclusive copy of her complete album, I would say she could give any r&b artist a run for their money, but we will see. Anyone who calls these bands mainstream pop has not done their research, and if they did they would find out that these artists are actually working with genuine musical talent. The only miss for me is the Arctic monkeys, but one band is not grounds for a sellout. I would say that While you may love your smalltown punk bands, there are still plenty of them on the roster, and the new talent coming from the perestroika rock industry and the British music scene should be accepted as the Newest wave in a musical revolution. There, I've said my bit.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks. But what the hell are gymborees??

E

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks. But what the hell are gymborees??

E

I don't know what the hell gymborees are.

Benis23
02-27-2007, 12:39 AM

ahahahahaha

bmack86
02-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I think they meant literally selling out....
as in tickets...