PDA

View Full Version : My problems with Coachella....

garspaceman
04-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Hmm, where to start. Came over from the UK especially

First and foremost the organizers moving the goal-posts.

1) Not being allowed to bring your own beer in - our friends was confiscated - lies

2) Not being allowed to bring your own water container in - they said so in the leaflets - again more lies

3) Not being allowed to come and go from the campsite - what the fuck is all this about? easily solved with a weekend or day wristband, I wasn't aware of this and missed Paul Mac due to being freezing cold and not allowed to go back and pick up my jumper. This was the stupidest rule, totally totally brainless.

4) Being Id'ed every 10 minutes - even though we had wristbands - incredibly annoying having to take my passport into the festival area every day

5) Lack of free water - this was bordering on a human rights disaster, charging 2 bucks for a small bottle of water and/or having to buy a 10 dollar coachella one, which you werent allowed to take into the beer garden in the campsite(???). Kids were fainting in the evening from dehydration. Why werent we allowed to bring in our own containers?

6) The Do-lab - that shite monstrosity who drowned out every quiet band on the 2nd stage and some of the tents. It should have been placed in a field on its own, maybe in place of the utterly useless Dome.

7) Clueless 'helpers' - Im sure this has been discussed on these boards. Very annoying.

8) Overpriced shit beer, I mean 7 bucks for a can of Heineken pish. No choice and way overpriced. Why was it so difficult to get a beer? Beer drinkers were treated like lepers, where pot smokers were everywhere, I even had the pleasure of witnessing a 16 year old honking on her crack pipe during the Cure.

Plusses - Music was amazing, BJM, MBV, Fleet Foxes, Jenny Lewis, Zane Lowe etc etc

People were genuinely friendly and I met some lovely lovely people.

The food was of excellent quality and by no means a rip off

Its just a shame that the festival organizers were totally shit, instead of being a 9-10/10 festival I feel that they dragged it down to a 6/10.

MissingPerson
04-24-2009, 08:55 AM
I've never yet been to a festival where you were allowed to bring your own beer in.

garspaceman
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Every festival I have ever been to (20+) I have been allowed to bring my own beer in

paganman7
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
You should probably not come back.

heyeric
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
If you read the faq you would have known that you CANT bring your own beer, certain water containers are NOT allowed inside, your NOT allowed to come and go from the campsite to the festival(that's why they have lockers inside the festival, bring your stuff for night). Clueless helpers are at every festival, what do you expect hiring a bunch of desert people.....

This is California, we have more cannabis consumers than drinkers I believe.

morelifefucker
04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Every festival I have ever been to (20+) I have been allowed to bring my own beer in

Thats bull, how would they make money?

bartelby
04-24-2009, 05:22 PM

please enlighten me on these amazing festivals!

frazzles
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Pretty much all of this could have been avoided if you read the FAQ, or hell, listened to the people at the gates who were telling you half the shit as you passed by.

BTW, the fuck kind of water containers were you trying to smuggle in? I walked in with 3 unopened and full plastic water bottles in plain sight all 3 days. I had some serious lulz at the "human rights disaster" part though. Are you serious?

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2009, 05:31 PM
40% of GV's revenue is beer

MissingPerson
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
It's not like all of these problems are peculiar to the US. I've been to a load of - notably damper - festivals were water bottles were confiscated, for a variety of reasons, but Coachella's water policy is fairly clearly laid out, from what I can see.

Overpriced beer is a universal festival bane, and like I say, I have never, ever, ever attended or worked at a festival that (openly) allowed you to bring in your own beer. Some security groups might turn a blind eye, but only if they're slacking.

The ID thing sounds annoying alright, but America's known for that. Most of these issues could have been avoided with a bit more homework.

frozen pilgrim
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
I still think that the FAQ should be like a terms of service agreement or EULA- you have to read it and check that you've read and understood it before you're allowed to post on the board.

Jakewc151
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
4) Being Id'ed every 10 minutes - even though we had wristbands - incredibly annoying having to take my passport into the festival area every day

What do you look like you're fifteen? I came into the beer gardens 20 years old this year with a wrist band I slapped on with some gum and didn't get IDed once. Infact I've been doing this since I was 18 damn years old.

garspaceman
04-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Right, festivals where you can take beer to your accomodation, perhaps I should have made that clear, I dont expect you to be able to take it to the main festival sight

ATP, Bestival, End of the Road, Greenman......

They said you could take any water container in, I took a small bottle, which i bought at the general store, and I had to throw it away. And yeah people having to pay either 2 or 10 bucks for water is a verging on a human rights disaster you fuckwad.

As for people who worked on the gates they were fucking clueless. For example on Thursday night when they opened the Dome area, I asked if there was anything going on, the guy on the gate said 'no, there was a misprint on the flyer' Like what the fuck? totally clueless

All they had to do to solve the to and from the camp site (I still dont understand for the life of me why you werent allowed to do this, is this a stupid American rule) was to issue wristbands. Save us being hemmed in the arena where by mid afternoon in the baking heat, shade was at a premium.

garspaceman
04-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh and Im 32, not 15, so being id'ed all the time is a bit fucking stupid

paulct
04-24-2009, 11:34 PM
They said you could take any water container in,

NO THEY DIDNT!

I took a small bottle, which i bought at the general store, and I had to throw it away. And yeah people having to pay either 2 or 10 bucks for water is a verging on a human rights disaster you fuckwad.

THERE WAS FREE WATER AT 3 LOCATIONS ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS UNLIMITED FREE WATER SUPPLY!

As for people who worked on the gates they were fucking clueless. For example on Thursday night when they opened the Dome area, I asked if there was anything going on, the guy on the gate said 'no, there was a misprint on the flyer' Like what the fuck? totally clueless

AGREE

PassiveTheory
04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Um... I was able to sneak in 5+ unopened bottles of water every single day. Gatorade too. Hell, the guards didn't once check my fanny pack so there's that too. Weird.

As for the helpers, well, that's everywhere, dude.

BillyCrystal
04-28-2009, 04:19 PM
dude, it sounds like you should never go to Coachella again.

also, there was free water at drinking fountains. and you could bring in your own container, there were just certain types that weren't allowed. and i saw lots of people who brought beer/booze in. as for ins-n-outs, i'm surprised you apparently looked into the whole bringing water caontainers thing but didn't see the numerous signs about not being able to leave and come back.

you were IDed every 10 minutes? that's like, over 200 times the whole weekend...dude, that sucks, man.

fatbastard
04-28-2009, 04:24 PM
The freeway looks packed.

M Sparks
04-28-2009, 05:02 PM
1) Not being allowed to bring your own beer in - our friends was confiscated - lies

Thanks for putting this first...I didn't have to waste my time reading the rest.

What is the word "lies" referring to in this "sentence"?

chairmenmeow47
04-28-2009, 05:10 PM
all i know is that if i'm flying out of the country for something, i make damn sure i read up on what the rules are BEFORE i get there so i know what to expect.

and even if you were dying of hydration, there were FREE water refill areas. you could have at worst put your mouth under there or picked up one of the many discarded empty bottles and filled that. if you had found ten of those empty bottles, you could have gotten a FREE bottle.

unknown
04-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Coachella is all ages - that should have been a BIG CLUE that you would not be able to bring in your own beer. Anyway, this is America - no place is going to let you bring in your own beer.
And yes, what are "lies"?

There was all kinds of info pertaining to the water situation. You could have brought your own empty container and refilled it for free, or refilled it with filtered water for a buck. They were also allowing closed water bottles in. The $10 sports bottle is not a rip off at all IMO - same price as 5 bottles of water and you get a souvenir. Oh and there are plenty of ways to sneak in your alcohol, lots of people managed to do so.

Maybe it was a conspiracy against you to get ID'd repeatedly. I have never heard of this happening.

midnitevulture
04-28-2009, 07:27 PM

2) Not being allowed to bring your own water container in - they said so in the leaflets - again more lies

3) Not being allowed to come and go from the campsite - what the fuck is all this about? easily solved with a weekend or day wristband, I wasn't aware of this and missed Paul Mac due to being freezing cold and not allowed to go back and pick up my jumper. This was the stupidest rule, totally totally brainless.

5) Lack of free water - this was bordering on a human rights disaster, charging 2 bucks for a small bottle of water and/or having to buy a 10 dollar coachella one, which you werent allowed to take into the beer garden in the campsite(???). Kids were fainting in the evening from dehydration. Why werent we allowed to bring in our own containers?

6) The Do-lab - that shite monstrosity who drowned out every quiet band on the 2nd stage and some of the tents. It should have been placed in a field on its own, maybe in place of the utterly useless Dome.

7) Clueless 'helpers' - Im sure this has been discussed on these boards. Very annoying.

8) Overpriced shit beer, I mean 7 bucks for a can of Heineken pish. No choice and way overpriced. Why was it so difficult to get a beer? Beer drinkers were treated like lepers, where pot smokers were everywhere, I even had the pleasure of witnessing a 16 year old honking on her crack pipe during the Cure.

Plusses - Music was amazing, BJM, MBV, Fleet Foxes, Jenny Lewis, Zane Lowe etc etc

Its just a shame that the festival organizers were totally shit, instead of being a 9-10/10 festival I feel that they dragged it down to a 6/10.

You are so spot on. me and some friends came from europe, and wow. Huge disappointment. I enjoyed myself alot, but it's the worst festival I've ever been to, Pukkelpop, Benicassim, Summercase, Electric Picnic, Oxegen are all better. It's a joke.

MissingPerson
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Oxegen is like The Somme with Kings of Leon playing. It's rough, ugly, and security have a particular and notorius taste for breaking fingers.

No, no, no.

midnitevulture
04-28-2009, 07:35 PM
You are right. I hate Oxegen too, but I still prefer it to this opressive piece of crap. All festivals are money making exercises, in Ireland we are used to getting ripped off. That's why smart folk like me go to Pukkelpop in Belgium for way less money and a way better festival. But Coachella took the biscuit for being badly run for all the reasons my friend from the UK posted.

We met heaps of Aussies, East Coasters, pretty much everyone not from LA thought it was a pile of shit rules wise. Concentration camp. Even the organisers we complained to about some rules (the campsite re-entry, my friend was freezing one night and wanted to get a hoody, no can do, WTF?! $$$$$$$$) agreed with us. I feel sorry for you people who haven't been to a good Euro fest, and think this is great. They checked the TISSUES in my POCKET for drugs!!!!!!! Madness. Pity they missed the 4 bottles of water/vodka, even though the guy after me got his bottles SNIFFED! Ridiculous.

tigermilkboy
04-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah there is a huge difference between European and US festivals. I wish the wristbands come back for Coachella. Nothing better than going back to your own tent mid afternoon to consume some supplies.

frenzplz
04-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Coachella is all ages - that should have been a BIG CLUE that you would not be able to bring in your own beer. Anyway, this is America - no place is going to let you bring in your own beer.
And yes, what are "lies"?

There was all kinds of info pertaining to the water situation. You could have brought your own empty container and refilled it for free, or refilled it with filtered water for a buck. They were also allowing closed water bottles in. The $10 sports bottle is not a rip off at all IMO - same price as 5 bottles of water and you get a souvenir. Oh and there are plenty of ways to sneak in your alcohol, lots of people managed to do so.

Maybe it was a conspiracy against you to get ID'd repeatedly. I have never heard of this happening.

when i walked in they made my friends throw away their empty containers
and they werent allowing the one dollar per refill either when i went to the water tents

also the refill stations failed at giving cold water

it makes more sense to add ice then water in the bottle

D.M.B.4Coachella
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah there is a huge difference between European and US festivals. I wish the wristbands come back for Coachella. Nothing better than going back to your own tent mid afternoon to consume some supplies.

they had wristbands so you could go in/out???

god i hope they do that next year.

i think they're going to have a bunch of improvements in different areas next year .. . . . i can just feeeel it.

Bud Luster
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM
they had wristbands so you could go in/out???

never...

trancehiphop
04-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I came in here ready to flame this guy, but I'd hate to say it. THe majority of his gripes are well warranted. I definately don't like how GV handled the whole ID thing. It was fucking rediculous, why give out wristbands then if you are going to ID people with them on anyways?!!!! Then the bullshit...OH well let me go get it...OH WAIT! I FUCKING CAN"T CAUSE YOU BASTARDS DONT ALLOW RE-ENTRY, EVEN INTO THE CAMPSITE!!!

BIG FUCKING GRADE: F for that shit....

THE DO LAB WAS obxiously loud, drownded out a lot of the neighboring tents with horrible bass trembles, and not to mention the lack of having to walk 1/4 mile to get free water after spending 10 bucks to get a small plastic bottle.

P.S. DAMN YOU GV for hiring HOTTEST girls to give you free water so that us guys would be feeling like cheapfucks if we didn't tip the gorgeous girls who gave us water. WHICH WAS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE WHOLE IDEA OF PAYING 10 bucks for free tap water...FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Coachella2009
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
The water policy was different with each person at coachella. The First day they told us we could take sealed or empty containers in. The next day they told us we could just take empty containers in. The last day they wouldnt let either one in. I think it really depends which person checks you at the gate.

righteousdnk
04-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I had absolutely no problems bringing in my water bottle and filling it up for a dollar about four or five times a day. Even when they were yelling about how they couldn't fill up your bottle unless you had a Coachella one, I still got it filled with no problems. I had one of these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DT2DAN75L._AA280_.jpg

anonimouse
04-28-2009, 09:46 PM
first and formost

http://www.stealthbadger.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/bawwww.jpg

now that we got that out of the way, i think you are a troll but i'll say a few things anyway just for fun

read the faq. i've never seen it written ANYWHERE that you can bring alcohol into the came site

yea that did seem to be a bit inconsistent depending on who searched you. big deal, buy a water bottle

again, stated in the faq. the thing that confuses me here is that youre from the uk right? significantly colder place from what they all say right? so your friend (im assuming is from the uk as well) couldnt handle a little 59 degree low? if you would have walked up through the crowd to get closer to "Paul Mac" im sure there would have been enough warm bodies around you to keep the cold away

i wasnt drinking and i didnt get id'd once the whole weekend. liquor laws are slightly different in the states but you had to have known that, right?

ok so again you flew over here from the uk just for this and you are complaining about this travesty against mankind? with the conversion rates and all this means you would be paying 1.35GBP per bottle. seriously wtf are you crying about? you can afford to fly here but you cant afford to spend less than 10GBP per day on water? i didnt see anyone fainting or dehydrated, in fact the local papers spoke to a doctor in the first aid tent who said dehydration and heat related illness's were much lower this year than previously

have you ever been to the states before? did you really expect wooden barrels of Monocled Rooster grey stout or some such shit? americans drink shitty beer. i thought this was established as fact all over the world?

tollett and crew do a great job year after year. they are constantly looking for ways to fix what is broken and improve everything that isnt. sure theres always going to be minor things that arent quite how you want them to be but what do you expect? go to any other festival in the states and tell me its better than this one. then give me like 20 mins or so to laugh before i respond

maybe you can find some festival in europe that will let you bring in your precious beer. but im sure the lineup will be something like nickelback > stone sour > kings of leon > cradle of filth > muse

killer lineup :puke

righteousdnk
04-28-2009, 09:50 PM
maybe you can find some festival in europe that will let you bring in your precious beer. but im sure the lineup will be something like nickelback > stone sour > kings of leon > cradle of filth > muse

You forgot the Creed reunion.

Wheres the beef?
04-28-2009, 09:58 PM
You are right. I hate Oxegen too, but I still prefer it to this opressive piece of crap. All festivals are money making exercises, in Ireland we are used to getting ripped off. That's why smart folk like me go to Pukkelpop in Belgium for way less money and a way better festival. But Coachella took the biscuit for being badly run for all the reasons my friend from the UK posted.

We met heaps of Aussies, East Coasters, pretty much everyone not from LA thought it was a pile of shit rules wise. Concentration camp. Even the organisers we complained to about some rules (the campsite re-entry, my friend was freezing one night and wanted to get a hoody, no can do, WTF?! $$$$$$$$) agreed with us. I feel sorry for you people who haven't been to a good Euro fest, and think this is great. They checked the TISSUES in my POCKET for drugs!!!!!!! Madness. Pity they missed the 4 bottles of water/vodka, even though the guy after me got his bottles SNIFFED! Ridiculous.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/28/128854547985688757.jpg

Jon Blazed
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
faq doesn't mention anything about the horrible sound bleed issues

midnitevulture
04-29-2009, 01:30 AM
tollett and crew do a great job year after year. they are constantly looking for ways to fix what is broken and improve everything that isnt. sure theres always going to be minor things that arent quite how you want them to be but what do you expect? go to any other festival in the states and tell me its better than this one. then give me like 20 mins or so to laugh before i respond

:D Do a bit of research before you make a complete fuckin retard of yourself next time.

Oxegen(closest to Coachella in evil) http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=58

Benicassim(sold its soul a few years ago but still miles ahead of Coachella) http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/benicassim-festival-2009/

Summercase(no soul selling, clearly affecting lineup, but wayyyyy more enjoyable than all of the above) http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html

Electric Picnic(light years ahead of Coachella) http://www.electricpicnic.ie/html/music.html

Pukkelpop(light years ahead of Coachella, like the above, the lineup is far from finished but getting there, yes I realise 50 Cent is hilarious). http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/line-up/all-names/

Finally, the biggy, Glastonbury. Doesn't need any introduction.

America, open your eyes, you are getting gang raped by GV.

garspaceman
04-29-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree with midnight vulture, you yanks like shite like Creed etc

see also All Tomorrows Parties

www.atpfestival.com

End of the road festival

www.endoftheroadfestival.co.uk

the greenman festival

www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk

I could go on, all of these allow you to go back and forth your accomodation (my main gripe of the whole weekend) and dont charge you 7 bucks for rubbish beer. Plus you can bring your own to your digs for the weekend

oh and by the way I queued for 20 mins for one water fountain in no shade, how is that fair? and my water bottle I bought at the general store had to be thrown away, unopened.

Reading the posts above, none of you are justifying Coachellas stupid rules.

garspaceman
04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh and there were plenty of fainters mostly kids in their teens who spent shed loads on getting to and attending the festival who didnt want to shell out on the water

Ardentbiscuit
04-29-2009, 07:37 AM

This is super easy. So you came out, tried it and didn't like it. That's what life is about. You gave it a shot and it didn't do it for you; so you won't be coming back. I've done many things I don't like but I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to experience.

As for a number of your complaints, reading the website, asking questions on here or emailing Goldenvoice would have prepared you better.

As for all the rules, this is the wild west! We need rules and laws!

midnitevulture
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
This is super easy. So you came out, tried it and didn't like it. That's what life is about. You gave it a shot and it didn't do it for you; so you won't be coming back. I've done many things I don't like but I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to experience.

As for a number of your complaints, reading the website, asking questions on here or emailing Goldenvoice would have prepared you better.

As for all the rules, this is the wild west! We need rules and laws!

That all makes sense. You enjoy it, so go for it. We didn't, so we won't come back. But really, when ya think about it, how can you spend that amount of money on something so morally wrong and unjust and oppressive? It's dire.

miSTEVEious
04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
yeah coachella as compared to bonnaroo or high sierra leaves much to be desired.

Voodoo Hipster
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I think you can place most of your blame on past attendees or yourself for you having such a hard time.

1 - The wristbands and ID situation is due to fuckheads breaking the rules for years..If people were a little more responsible and not giving alcohol to minors or sneaking friends into the campsites...this might not happen. I can understand them not wanting you to go back and forth all day. Security Issues to say the least.

2- There was more free water this year than any other year, The bottle (even with the luke warm water) was probably one the best things they ever did. There were 3 stations for free water and 3 stations for filtered water.. What do you want from them..drinking fountains every 50 feet. If you were too lazy to stand in line for a few minutes or too stupid to find free water on the map, don't blame Coachella. Also is there 1 festival in the entire world that does not charge for Bottled water?

3 - I like the Do-Lab it gives a place for the hotties / Hipsters to hang out while I watch my bands. I would much rather them be there then fucking up my Kills. In all my years I have never heard the Do-lab over powering a band, I have heard it in-between acts but I can't remember a time where It was a distraction.

4 - Coachella is in the desert, it gets cold at night, you should have known that beforehand and that you were not allow to your camping spot before 10 when Paul came on stage. It's your own fault for missing Paul.

5 - Since I pay 7.00 for beer at most clubs anyways, I don't see the pricing out of control and since there are 3 Beer Gardens with views of the main stages and tents, I dont think we are treated as lepers.

6 - and that poor 16 year girl needed her crackpipe to listen to The Cure for 3 hours..If you had a problem with her..you could have moved 20 feet in any direction and forgotton all about it. Same with the pot smoking.

Sorry you didnt have a good time. I had a blast.

tigermilkboy
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
The ID problem is the state and local law enforcement. If GV doesn't maintain the constant checks on ID for alcohol the law will pull the plug on the whole festival or alcohol sales. It is more strict in the US. It is something I miss-drinking alcohol and wandering round. But there is no way round this for GV other than making it over 21 only.

It is just a fact the US is more 'conservative' than the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Spain-where the big Euro festivals are. The atmosphere is different in the US and Europe (not better or worse). The worse thing about UK festivals is occassionally the loutish football hooliganism you sometimes see-Leeds Festival riots anyone? I remember when the toilet blocks were set on fire one year and kids were engaging in battles with each other and the police. That wasn't fun either and nearly led to the festival getting cancelled.

To be honest, I appreciate the differences in every music festival. Coachella is my local and whilst not the best or biggest, it does more things right than wrong.

garspaceman
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
6 - and that poor 16 year girl needed her crackpipe to listen to The Cure for 3 hours..If you had a problem with her..you could have moved 20 feet in any direction and forgotton all about it. Same with the pot smoking.

haha, I like that comment about the Cure

She didnt bother me to be honest, I was just comparing the ease at which it was do drugs to getting a beer

And as for the temperature thing, It was the delta in temp that sent our UK bodies into shock, ask a biologist.

Didnt notice it the following nights

Its just a shame that they didnt issue a wristband to come and go

beavington
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
4) Being Id'ed every 10 minutes - even though we had wristbands - incredibly annoying having to take my passport into the festival area every day.

arent you advised to keep some kind of id on you at all time? it sounds like you are complaining just to complain about anything.

garspaceman
04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
arent you advised to keep some kind of id on you at all time? it sounds like you are complaining just to complain about anything.

are you guys retards or what? why the fuck do you have to carry more ID round with you if you already get a wristband saying you are over 21.... I dont profess to look 21 so why get Id'ed all the time?

beavington
04-30-2009, 07:15 AM
are you guys retards or what? why the fuck do you have to carry more ID round with you if you already get a wristband saying you are over 21.... I dont profess to look 21 so why get Id'ed all the time?

uh just for general safety. its usually considered wise to always keep some form of ID on you. this isnt rocket science. stop bitching already goddamn. and they say Americans are complainers.

JClemy
04-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Man what a whiner you are. I suppose though that some people can handle Coachella and some can't.

I'm glad people can't go back to their tent. People hanging around the campground is sketchy enough but include people who can go back and forth and possibly steal your stuff. At Pemberton in Canada it was nice to be able to go to your tent but if you plan for your day you don't need too. Also Pemberton was not planned anywhere near as good as Coachella.

MissingPerson
04-30-2009, 07:48 AM
The clarification re: beer to the festival is appreciated.

And to be honest, not being able to head back to camp would piss me off quite a bit. I rarely ever would need to, but I prefer the option.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM

Was this your 1st time at the festival?

elChurro
04-30-2009, 09:01 AM
A friend snuck in a large water bottle filled with patron silver, all we had to do was buy frozen lemonades and blam!... coachellaritas! We were buzzed and refreshed but most of all free to walk around without the beer garden leash.

Tequila hangovers suck though. bleh.

Voodoo Hipster
04-30-2009, 09:17 AM
A friend snuck in a large water bottle filled with patron silver, all we had to do was buy frozen lemonades and blam!... coachellaritas! We were buzzed and refreshed but most of all free to walk around without the beer garden leash.

Tequila hangovers suck though. bleh.

We did that on Sunday. Friday and Saturday we had Drank Rum and Coke Sno-Cones all day. That Sno-Cane lady made soo much money off us buying 5.00 ice.

kas_t
04-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm from Spain, and I was in Coachella this year... but i didn't come to US just for the festival... that's the good news... hhahahah

well, I'm really agree with the guy from UK, and all the things he criticize... I can sum up what my feeling are after the festival with that:

COACHELLA IS THE MATRIX OF MUSIC FESTIVALS

and I can explain, If u have never been in a Music Festival, coachella is awesome... all this concerts, people, good organization, all clean, weather "during the day"... everything seems perfect...
but if u have been to a European Festival... DON'T GO!!!... with all that silly rules... I know is US, I know we could read FAQ before come, but in that case I'm so sorry for american young people... and now I understand why I found every saturday night in Barcelona american guys telling me what incredible is Barcelona and Spain

BROKENDOLL
04-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Right, festivals where you can take beer to your accomodation, perhaps I should have made that clear, I dont expect you to be able to take it to the main festival sight

ATP, Bestival, End of the Road, Greenman......

They said you could take any water container in, I took a small bottle, which i bought at the general store, and I had to throw it away. And yeah people having to pay either 2 or 10 bucks for water is a verging on a human rights disaster you fuckwad.

All they had to do to solve the to and from the camp site (I still dont understand for the life of me why you werent allowed to do this, is this a stupid American rule) was to issue wristbands. Save us being hemmed in the arena where by mid afternoon in the baking heat, shade was at a premium.
Maybe this will open your eyes as to why they don't allow ins or outs...

Yeah there is a huge difference between European and US festivals. I wish the wristbands come back for Coachella. Nothing better than going back to your own tent mid afternoon to consume some supplies. Reason #1

Oh and there were plenty of fainters mostly kids in their teens who spent shed loads on getting to and attending the festival who didnt want to shell out on the water Between the fest and "supplies" they may not have had a shed load of $ left. Not GV's fault.

Oh and Im 32, not 15, so being id'ed all the time is a bit fucking stupid
I'd be curious to see what you look like actually. You may be 32, but you're coming acrossed to me as an ignorant 15 year old in this thread. No wonder you got ID'd so much! Let's put it this way, the people at the gates probably could give a rat's ass about what you're carrying in, but they have a job to do. After 40,000 people a day, an attitude like yours is bound to draw some attention, thus the reason you felt singled out. Perfect example...suffacated brought in an extra cooler the 2nd day. He had a container with Jack Daniels in it, at the bottom of the cooler of ice. On top he had a case of ice tea. They searched and found the Jack asking what it was. He politely told them ice tea.(Duh) They nodded and let him take it in anyway, knowing full and well it was booze. He didn't whine like you are, and he respected the fact they were only doing their job. He's older than you, but acts his age...maybe trying that will make a difference for you next time.

Um... I was able to sneak in 5+ unopened bottles of water every single day. Gatorade too. Hell, the guards didn't once check my fanny pack so there's that too. Weird.

As for the helpers, well, that's everywhere, dude. Okay, Passive...It was the Fro, wasn't it? You just shoved those water bottles up in there like cloves in a ham and walked right on through, huh? LOL

You are so spot on. me and some friends came from europe, and wow. Huge disappointment. I enjoyed myself alot, but it's the worst festival I've ever been to, Pukkelpop, Benicassim, Summercase, Electric Picnic, Oxegen are all better. It's a joke. Just think of the money you'll save next year! Pass it on to your friends!

I came in here ready to flame this guy, but I'd hate to say it. THe majority of his gripes are well warranted. I definately don't like how GV handled the whole ID thing. It was fucking rediculous, why give out wristbands then if you are going to ID people with them on anyways?!!!! Then the bullshit...OH well let me go get it...OH WAIT! I FUCKING CAN"T CAUSE YOU BASTARDS DONT ALLOW RE-ENTRY, EVEN INTO THE CAMPSITE!!!

BIG FUCKING GRADE: F for that shit....

THE DO LAB WAS obxiously loud, drownded out a lot of the neighboring tents with horrible bass trembles, and not to mention the lack of having to walk 1/4 mile to get free water after spending 10 bucks to get a small plastic bottle.

P.S. DAMN YOU GV for hiring HOTTEST girls to give you free water so that us guys would be feeling like cheapfucks if we didn't tip the gorgeous girls who gave us water. WHICH WAS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE WHOLE IDEA OF PAYING 10 bucks for free tap water...FUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Just because you're used to paying for your girls doesn't mean you had to do it for your water! LOL
Anyway...Another example I think of whining so much that you become a target. The very first day we went in and I walked right through the gates with my bag open, tickets in hand, and my bullet full of some stinky weed right in the palm of my hand. We chose to wait until getting into the fest for our 21 bracelets only to realize I didn't bring my ID...Hell, as you know, I haven't seen 21 in a long time. In any case, we took a chance and asked security if I could go back to our tent and get it, respecting the fact that the rules said no...( I had accepted the fact that I would have no beer that day...Instead, the dude was nice in return and allowed me to go while suffacated waited. Knowing that I'd probably be searched more thoroughly coming back in, I left my little stinky bullet with him (And my sweater with my tequila down the sleeve) and went for my ID, thanking them for this priveledge. You'd be amazed how people treat you when you treat them the same way. Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait afew years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.

coldstart
04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
^ good post

garspaceman
04-30-2009, 01:42 PM
. Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait afew years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.

'your' festival? stupid people and absurd rules? And be surrounded by dickwads like you, woopee doo you smuggled some drink in, well hello my fancy pants.

Great, now where do I get my ticket

coldstart
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
If you don't like Coachella so much, why are you trolling the forums for it? Focus your energy into something positive instead of just being an ass.

hawkingvsreeve
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
'your' festival? stupid people and absurd rules? And be surrounded by dickwads like you, woopee doo you smuggled some drink in, well hello my fancy pants.

GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Leeartlee
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
yeah coachella as compared to bonnaroo or high sierra leaves much to be desired.

High Sierra? Are you kidding?

sonofhal
04-30-2009, 02:41 PM

10 PRINT "Fuck You!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

midnitevulture
04-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Dude, they're not worth it. Seriously. It's like talking to a brick wall. Education has failed these people, not their fault really. Just be glad you are from the UK/Europe, where you have a better chance of becoming the person you are entitled to become, rather than a sheep.

hawkingvsreeve
05-01-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.nqcc.org/nqccweb/htdocs/Training%20pg%20crying.jpg

coldstart
05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
OH NOEZ, ITZ BEEN BUMPD AGAIN!!!1!

MissingPerson
05-01-2009, 07:05 PM
This thread is starting to make me resent Europeans.

lindysindie
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
wait, this isn't a joke? wow, fooled me.
Everyone, every where, has their own opinions. You only become an asshole for it when you try to push your views on others. This is a forum for fans of the festival to discuss it, not for people who hated it to try to make us see the light and boycott GV. You didn't enjoy it? I am terribly sorry that you don't get the same euphoric inducing experience as me (and a little sad for you too) from going to Coachella. However, I would never try to force my views on you.
Hope the rest of your life is more enjoyable. Good day sir.

dontfeedthebird
05-01-2009, 09:29 PM
does anybody else think it's great that we don't have to pay for parking? i mean, it's the little things.

anonimouse
05-01-2009, 09:38 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_d6hDn1rGjV4/SRR19n5vJgI/AAAAAAAAADY/gH3IcxkhhXg/s400/15597__crybaby_l.jpeg

BROKENDOLL
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Dude, they're not worth it. Seriously. It's like talking to a brick wall. Education has failed these people, not their fault really. Just be glad you are from the UK/Europe, where you have a better chance of becoming the person you are entitled to become, rather than a sheep. Is it true that they fuck sheep over there in Europe?

dontfeedthebird
05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
as long as it's not a pig, i don't see a problem with that BD.

BROKENDOLL
05-01-2009, 10:37 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/IMGP1257-1-1.jpg

fatbastard
05-01-2009, 11:22 PM
You'd be amazed how people treat you when you treat them the same way.

Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait a few years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.

Agreed. Manners are the thread of society.

Cdubby
05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/41612/deal.gif

nbvwes
05-02-2009, 02:17 AM
40% of GV's revenue is beer

for stagecoach i'd believe it...

garspaceman
05-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Is it true that they fuck sheep over there in Europe?

at least we dont fuck out brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers you inbred redneck fuckers

BROKENDOLL
05-02-2009, 02:41 AM
at least we dont fuck out brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers you inbred redneck fuckers
Well, just damnnnn...Are you sure it wasn't Stagecoach that you went to?

fatbastard
05-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Inbred redneck fuckers are set to benefit from the Obama administration.

JustSteve
05-02-2009, 09:08 AM

ummm...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/27/2430857.htm

just a little snippet of that article:

"Police and social services in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire launched an investigation into the incest case after the man was jailed for life on Tuesday (local time) for making his daughters pregnant 19 times in almost 25 years."

now go brush your tooth...

biggfoot17
05-02-2009, 09:29 AM
wait, this isn't a joke? wow, fooled me.
Everyone, every where, has their own opinions. You only become an asshole for it when you try to push your views on others. This is a forum for fans of the festival to discuss it, not for people who hated it to try to make us see the light and boycott GV. You didn't enjoy it? I am terribly sorry that you don't get the same euphoric inducing experience as me (and a little sad for you too) from going to Coachella. However, I would never try to force my views on you.
Hope the rest of your life is more enjoyable. Good day sir.

yup yup and yup. I don't know what you expected from going onto a music festival's message board filled with die hard fans and giving them your laundry list of complaints, but it obviously didn't give you much.

ummm...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/27/2430857.htm

just a little snippet of that article:

"Police and social services in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire launched an investigation into the incest case after the man was jailed for life on Tuesday (local time) for making his daughters pregnant 19 times in almost 25 years."

now go brush your tooth...

OH SNAPZ!!

Ardentbiscuit
05-02-2009, 10:32 AM

The Rednecks have cordially invited you to a special concert in the backwoods. Not sure who's playing but they said you had a complimentary VIP pass...

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/deliverance.gif

trancehiphop
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Just because you're used to paying for your girls doesn't mean you had to do it for your water! LOL
Anyway...Another example I think of whining so much that you become a target. The very first day we went in and I walked right through the gates with my bag open, tickets in hand, and my bullet full of some stinky weed right in the palm of my hand. We chose to wait until getting into the fest for our 21 bracelets only to realize I didn't bring my ID...Hell, as you know, I haven't seen 21 in a long time. In any case, we took a chance and asked security if I could go back to our tent and get it, respecting the fact that the rules said no...( I had accepted the fact that I would have no beer that day...Instead, the dude was nice in return and allowed me to go while suffacated waited. Knowing that I'd probably be searched more thoroughly coming back in, I left my little stinky bullet with him (And my sweater with my tequila down the sleeve) and went for my ID, thanking them for this priveledge. You'd be amazed how people treat you when you treat them the same way. Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait afew years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.

what the fuck are you talking about? I am used to tipping people, unlike you I guess???

I never once whined until I got onto this forum and voiced MY OPINION. I am just stating FACTS. Why should we have to ask to go in and out of the camp area when we clearly have the ticket in our hands. It makes no fucking sense to me. Let alone the bracelet problem for alcohol! I did the same thing your "all mighty, self-righteous veteran" ass did as well and I am only a first timer. THINK of the possibilites I can come up with when I am a "veteran" such as yourself! WOW! *sarcasm*

Wait a few years before coming back...

HAH

anonimouse
05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

michaelmontanez
05-02-2009, 01:40 PM
did anybody else see the assload of camelbacks this year?

boarderwoozel3
05-02-2009, 01:49 PM

Which festivals were these?

I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience but it seems like a lot of this could have been avoided by reading the Coachella Festival and Camping FAQ page.

idrive1life
05-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm from Spain, and I was in Coachella this year... but i didn't come to US just for the festival... that's the good news... hhahahah

well, I'm really agree with the guy from UK, and all the things he criticize... I can sum up what my feeling are after the festival with that:

COACHELLA IS THE MATRIX OF MUSIC FESTIVALS

and I can explain, If u have never been in a Music Festival, coachella is awesome... all this concerts, people, good organization, all clean, weather "during the day"... everything seems perfect...
but if u have been to a European Festival... DON'T GO!!!... with all that silly rules... I know is US, I know we could read FAQ before come, but in that case I'm so sorry for american young people... and now I understand why I found every saturday night in Barcelona american guys telling me what incredible is Barcelona and Spain

word *it's time to get rid of some of those fucking douchy pretentious hipsters attending/running this festival ;)*

I've been 3 times to Coachella ('06, '07, '08) AND I made the best/greatest decision (yet ... ever in my life) of not going this year ... "1st half of McCartney's show is crap because he did not play enough Beatles" lulz FUCK YOU!

Your music festivals (club parties etc) in UK and Spain are awesome. You all know how to rock and party!

Wheres the beef?
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
word *it's time to get rid of some of those fucking douchy pretentious hipsters attending/running this festival ;)*

I've been 3 times to Coachella ('06, '07, '08) AND I made the best/greatest decision (yet ... ever in my life) of not going this year ... "1st half of McCartney's show is crap because he did not play enough Beatles" lulz FUCK YOU!

Your music festivals (club parties etc) in UK and Spain are awesome. You all know how to rock and party!

sarcasm?

heyeric
05-03-2009, 03:59 PM
:D Do a bit of research before you make a complete fuckin retard of yourself next time.

Oxegen(closest to Coachella in evil) http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=58

Benicassim(sold its soul a few years ago but still miles ahead of Coachella) http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/benicassim-festival-2009/

Summercase(no soul selling, clearly affecting lineup, but wayyyyy more enjoyable than all of the above) http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html

Electric Picnic(light years ahead of Coachella) http://www.electricpicnic.ie/html/music.html

Pukkelpop(light years ahead of Coachella, like the above, the lineup is far from finished but getting there, yes I realise 50 Cent is hilarious). http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/line-up/all-names/

Finally, the biggy, Glastonbury. Doesn't need any introduction.

America, open your eyes, you are getting gang raped by GV.

Clearly you had no idea what he was even talking about. Obviously it's the quality of the festival, not the lineup. Sure, that's important, but having a solid festival with a good line-up and great fans are more of an interest to me and i'm sure many others as well.

sonofhal
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
It's not called sheep fucking. It's inter-species relations.

Now where did flossy go?

Drewfus46
05-03-2009, 04:07 PM
did anybody else see the assload of camelbacks this year?

we snuck in our camel pack on saturday once we found out how chill security was it was fuckin sweet having it

alicide
05-03-2009, 08:48 PM
When traveling, its a good rule of thumb is not to expect another country to be exactly like yours (liquor laws, security measures, food, beer, weather...duh), and then bitch about it because it's not. I would extend that rule to cover festivals. They are all different.

BROKENDOLL
05-03-2009, 09:08 PM
what the fuck are you talking about? I am used to tipping people, unlike you I guess???

I never once whined until I got onto this forum and voiced MY OPINION. I am just stating FACTS. Why should we have to ask to go in and out of the camp area when we clearly have the ticket in our hands. It makes no fucking sense to me. Let alone the bracelet problem for alcohol! I did the same thing your "all mighty, self-righteous veteran" ass did as well and I am only a first timer. THINK of the possibilites I can come up with when I am a "veteran" such as yourself! WOW! *sarcasm*

Wait a few years before coming back...

HAH
I don't have to wait afew years to come back...I live here, you whiny twat!

psycobetabuckdown
05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I thought Coachella can do no wrong?

superfiction
05-03-2009, 11:10 PM
please stay the fuck away from our festival. go back to the shitty uk and bitch about glastonbury or someting

Inedible_pie
05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
The people giving out about Coachella comparing it to a European festival are ridiculous.

Fair enough, it is custom to be allowed bring your own alcohol to all European festivals. But guess what? Your not in Europe when you go to Coachella! You are in America where rules and regulations are different to Europe and you have to respect that.

These rules were outlined on the website before you went and if you didn't do you're homework on the festival, that's your problem!

I don't necessarily agree with the way certain US promoters set up their festivals, particullary the alcohol and campsite rules and that's why I would pick carefully which fest I attend

As I said, if you don't research the festival and it's rules you have no right to complain about the way things are done

End of.

midnitevulture
05-21-2009, 06:34 AM
As I said, if you don't research the festival and it's rules you have no right to complain about the way things are done

End of.

That's a really good point. And thanks to us "idiots" giving out about it, there is now a whole lot more information available about this festival. The "official" viewpoint doesn't make it clear at all. They need to change the front page to "Coachella, the alcohol free festival with over zealous security and rules". Now when people google it, they'll get both sides to the story.

Weird how I met tonnes of people there who came from afar who "researched" it like me, and were shocked at the ridiculousness of it all when they got there. You ASSUME festivals are fun from where I come from, I ASSUMED Coachella would be somewhat laid back.

What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online. I like to hear both sides to a story, ya know? Constructive criticism, which I think the guy who started this thread did very well before he got flamed by a bunch of retards.

So take a chill pill and look up "freedom of speech" and get a fuckin grip.

End of my arse.

MissingPerson
05-21-2009, 06:48 AM
http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/905/905_randy_arrested.jpg

Isn't this AMERICA!?! Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was AMERICA!

frazzles
05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online.

What in subject(s) particular are you talking about?

anonimouse
05-22-2009, 11:04 PM
http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/crybaby.jpg

wow this guy is still crying about how shitty coachella is?

i went to a shitty festival once. it sucked. i didnt go back. i also didnt spend weeks crying like a little bitch all over the festival forums. i guess i just have better things to do

BeeII
12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online.

if only there was an online forum dedicated to all things coachella, which had a sub-forum wherein you could make queries, amirite?

PlayaDelWes
12-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Uh, you just replied to a post from 5/21 from someone who hasn't logged in since 5/21.

bodydown
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
"That's what life is about. You gave it a shot and it didn't do it for you; so you won't be coming back. I've done many things I don't like but I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to experience."

Hmm... actually I would like more people to complain about it so maybe these things could be fixed.

I with the original post 100%.

I hate going to these things and being searched like I'm a child by some low rent jackass that is going to confiscate drugs that they will get out of the trash and sell later.

Two years ago the line-up was so amazing, not going wasn't an option. Last year there were some great shows, but honestly with the freaking security people being douche bags, the lack of access to the campsite and the crappy water, beverage options among other things, I'm not sure it was worth it.

This year I'll probably go, but they better nail it with the bands, and make some serious progress toward improving things like crappy outdoor theater sound, lines at the water tables, sound bleed and access to the campground or this might be the last one for us.

SEEDYMIG420
01-02-2010, 04:40 AM
What a fuckin cry baby!!! Do you pee standing up? I doubt it....You sit down and pee like a good little bitch. Stay your bitch ass away from Coachella if you don't like it. If you need beer to enjoy yourself, then you need some help, it's called AA. I'm sure they have AA in the UK or where ever the hell your from. I've met all kinds of people from all over the world and there is one thing I have learned, Europeans love to talk shit about the U.S, but they'll be the first ones booking flights to the U.S. . Fuckin two faced pussies. I have been going to Coachella for the past 8yrs....it's not perfect, but it's still here in the best country in the world....The United States of America!!!!! Fuck all you european bitches.

jamesc2929
01-02-2010, 06:34 AM
My major problem with Coachella, and this may be the only one, is the problem with getting people out at night. This has improved since my first in '05, but even last year it was a nightmare getting out of the parking areas. They need people stationed inside the parking areas after to control the amount of assholes who refuse to merge and take turns. It therefore turns into a complete circle jerk.

beekayem
01-02-2010, 04:07 PM
What a fuckin cry baby!!! Do you pee standing up? I doubt it....You sit down and pee like a good little bitch. Stay your bitch ass away from Coachella if you don't like it. If you need beer to enjoy yourself, then you need some help, it's called AA. I'm sure they have AA in the UK or where ever the hell your from. I've met all kinds of people from all over the world and there is one thing I have learned, Europeans love to talk shit about the U.S, but they'll be the first ones booking flights to the U.S. . Fuckin two faced pussies. I have been going to Coachella for the past 8yrs....it's not perfect, but it's still here in the best country in the world....The United States of America!!!!! Fuck all you european bitches.
Whilst i'll agree the guy that started this thread is a little bit of a cry baby this post is still an epic lol!

RODGERRAMJET
01-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Problems with Coachella? I LOVE Coachella! Been there every year since Year One! You want problems? I'll give ya problems: Alice Cooper at the Cincinnati Gardens on his "Welcome to my Nightmare" tour, or The Who at Riverfront Colsieum in Cincy on December 9. Now, THOSE were problems. Coachella? No problems.

psychic friend
01-02-2010, 11:28 PM
i was at this rave once. kind of near coachella actually. really neat venue. some art park of sorts. all was grand until about 4am when some speakers fell on some guy. then there were problems. never got to go to another party at that location. a shame really. i do hope that kid was ok though.

gaypalmsprings
01-02-2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.leftfair.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/samflag.jpg

Norwalkguy
01-03-2010, 03:01 PM
i was at this rave once. kind of near coachella actually. really neat venue. some art park of sorts. all was grand until about 4am when some speakers fell on some guy. then there were problems. never got to go to another party at that location. a shame really. i do hope that kid was ok though.

Hey PF... 1998 or so?... I was there..I went to two parties there..Smaller and Armageddon.. I dont remember anyone getting hurt or the party getting busted.. There was a pool which was gross and ravers were in it... But it was a beautiful location..

Mau5 Boyz
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM

wouldz youz like them to clothe and feed you too while youz at Coachella?

Maybe powderz your little bottomz too?

Youre a fluffy bunny cream puff!!!!

Norwalkguy
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM

I think he has some very valid points...and Paul T and the Coachella staff probobly look at this sort of thing more than lets say...Who wine's and bitches about the line up..

1-5 i completly agree..espically the water situation, which they orginizers were taking a chance with this year...

Norwalkguy
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Actually now that i think about it ..Did anyone notice that other than the desiginated water area's near the merch booth, beer garden ..etc.. There was no water to be found through out the festival.. In the past you could buy gatorade and lemon ice and water anywhere you walked but they were missing.. And @ one point i walked up to one of the vendors who was selling churros or something and i saw boxes of water behind him. I asked him why he wasnt selling them and the coachella orginizers were telling them they couldnt. They make lots of money of water sales... That thread teaches me two things..

a huge festival is expensive to put on, and every penny counts. Its still a business.

and secondly criticism shouldnt be looked at if its based on honest experiences. I think we all hold coachella to such a high standard. Its like talking shit about our mom or something. But lets not hate europeans, there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with..

Monklish
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Actually now that i think about it ..Did anyone notice that other than the desiginated water area's near the merch booth, beer garden ..etc.. There was no water to be found through out the festival.. In the past you could buy gatorade and lemon ice and water anywhere you walked but they were missing.. And @ one point i walked up to one of the vendors who was selling churros or something and i saw boxes of water behind him. I asked him why he wasnt selling them and the coachella orginizers were telling them they couldnt. They make lots of money of water sales... That thread teaches me two things..

a huge festival is expensive to put on, and every penny counts. Its still a business.

and secondly criticism shouldnt be looked at if its based on honest experiences. I think we all hold coachella to such a high standard. Its like talking shit about our mom or something. But lets not hate europeans, there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with..

I bought water at like 1800 places throughout the weekend. In my experience the churro people have never sold it though. But any of the approximately half a million little umbrella'd gatorade stands pretty much always have it. I don't even understand what you're claiming here: you say the churro guy was told by GV that they couldn't sell water because GV wanted to make more money? I don't follow. Why would that make them more money?

canexplain
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with

I beg to differ. We had them by about 3-5 years and by 10 of thousands of people before the European fests got big ...... cr****

Bath was the brainchild of promoter Freddy Bannister and his wife Wendy Bannister , who had held the smaller Bath Festival Of Blues within Bath itself in 1969

Glastonbury
The first Festival was held on the day after Jimi Hendrix died, over a two day period and before long “word had got around”. It was the Blues festival at the Bath & West Showground that had inspired Michael Eavis to begin a festival of his own although on a smaller scale.

Acts included: Marc Bolan, Keith Christmas, Stackridge, Al Stewart. Attendance: 1,500.

edit: I guess the Isle of Wight was an early european fest but by the time they had their first festival, I had gone to 3 US fests, all bigger, before it even happened.

My only problem I have ever stated I had with Coachella was no in and outs. :) problem fixed

Norwalkguy
01-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I bought water at like 1800 places throughout the weekend. In my experience the churro people have never sold it though. But any of the approximately half a million little umbrella'd gatorade stands pretty much always have it. I don't even understand what you're claiming here: you say the churro guy was told by GV that they couldn't sell water because GV wanted to make more money? I don't follow. Why would that make them more money?

im just telling you what i was told and my expierence. I guess the vendors are actually the ones making money directly. Like i would assume the food vendors money goes directly to them, for a fee i assume.. I couldnt imagine any food vendors coming in to give thier product away for free. My conversation with the vendor was "The Coachella people dont want us selling water so the orginizers can make the profit off it" . Im a veteran of the festival for every year since day one. My view is like i said , its a business and there experimenting with a business model.. ( the refill for a 10$ bottle..) And this was by Sunday.. and i couldnt find water expcept for the coachella water sites..

I still support most changes coachella makes. Its usually for the better and its ever evolving.. Mostly for the better...

PC-2 Violence
01-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want when I am at Coachella.

Why cant you?

alex gardner
01-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want when I am at Coachella.

Why cant you?

U DON'T FOLLOW DA RULES THO

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Coachella is about a million times more organized than I could have ever imagined it to be. these complaints are so fucking ludicrous

westcoastpirate
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
You mean a board member named Drinkey McDrinkerstein doesn't have any problems with the way Coachella handles the beer gardens and the price of alcoholic drinks?! I don't believe it.

icarus
01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Yup. Complainers go fuck yourselves and stay away from those of us that like having a good time.

bumper31
01-06-2010, 05:04 AM
The biggest problem with most of the complaints is because it is different......

Some people can't work out differences and their brains take a while to adjust.

Coachella IS restrictive but as has been said once you get your head round it, organise yourself properly, those restrictions can be a god send.

As for the beer gardens, they are great places to meet people and it is a wonderful feeling that bottle flying over can't be beer it can only be piss or water :D

Actually, it is always water........which proves that Coachella is infinitely more sanitary than ther fests, but for me that was part of the attraction, to the point I came 4 times from the UK.

And.............don't be typically HEW ESS HAY about the europeans and the states, that's the sort of thing means people won't come and expand YOUR experience, because you get to meet people from places you still can't find on a map ;)

blackchango
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
The biggest problem with most of the complaints is because it is different......

Some people can't work out differences and their brains take a while to adjust.

Coachella IS restrictive but as has been said once you get your head round it, organise yourself properly, those restrictions can be a god send.

As for the beer gardens, they are great places to meet people and it is a wonderful feeling that bottle flying over can't be beer it can only be piss or water :D

Actually, it is always water........which proves that Coachella is infinitely more sanitary than ther fests, but for me that was part of the attraction, to the point I came 4 times from the UK.

And.............don't be typically HEW ESS HAY about the europeans and the states, that's the sort of thing means people won't come and expand YOUR experience, because you get to meet people from places you still can't find on a map ;)
You speak the American ?

Mickjagger00
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Thank You. It's a festival expect to pay more food, water ect..

sleepybrew
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
some of the original poster's points are valid.

you should be allowed to bring in your own beer to campsite (i understand not into the festival) as long as there is no glass

i like the do lab, but yeah, put it where the dome was last year or at least turn the volume down. there should be a sound bleed into the do lab, not a sound bleed from the do lab to other stages.

ANY other option than heineken. even sierra nevada would be fine.

Other than that, focus on the amazing stuff coachella does offer. it's easily one of the best festivals in the world...focus on that. most of the restrictions are made clear on the webpage. like people have said, read that, plan around it, and quit bitching and have a laugh or two

laced_pancake
01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
my only problem is the water thing. that really is a human rights issue. i am going to try and sneak some inside. that's complete and utter bullshit. unjust rules are meant to be defied, and i encourage anyone who has the balls i lack (literally and metaphorically) to make a big stink about it.

bodydown
01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
wow this guy is still crying about how shitty coachella is?

i went to a shitty festival once. it sucked. i didnt go back. i also didnt spend weeks crying like a little bitch all over the festival forums. i guess i just have better things to do

Yeah like making fun of people for voicing an opinion.

Get over yourself.

bodydown
01-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey look at that. People complained about things they didn't like about Coachella and Coachella has changed some rules.

- We now have in and out privileges
- Car camping

Of course people could have just kept their opinions to themselves. But isn't that what a message board is for anyway?

GoodEarth
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I agree with the 1st post'er. I love Coachella, but some major draw-backs need to be addressed before it gets a 9 out of 10

CellarOwl
01-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey look at that. People complained about things they didn't like about Coachella and Coachella has changed some rules.

- We now have in and out privileges
- Car camping

Of course people could have just kept their opinions to themselves. But isn't that what a message board is for anyway?

Don't forget the shitty, watered down beer. Fuck yeah!

devon
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Came over from the UK

... blah blah blah ...

8) Overpriced shit beer,

are u sure you're from the uk? 8$ per beer is nearly free compared to the outrageous beer prices in the uk.... sure, your beer isn't absolute garbage like heineken. I do know what you're saying though heineken should be fed to pigs not humans, it's certainly not work 8$

Why bother coming to Coachella when you've got glastonbury and redding anyways?