PDA

View Full Version : VIP--very much on fence

adunnigan
04-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Will Call line for wristbands REALLY sucked this year. I'm really on fence about VIP. I like the food and decent drinks, shade, but unless they improve the will call experience and perhaps even throw in a separate entrance I think I'm done...

hailtothetheif83
04-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I have never thought it was worth it to get the VIP. It doesn't really do anything for you any more

MoPelf
04-22-2009, 09:19 AM
On Saturday I won a VIP bracelet from the "state farm" dj workshop and I may as well have wiped my ass with it. Pretty much useless.

Lynn163
04-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Will Call line for wristbands REALLY sucked this year. I'm really on fence about VIP. I like the food and decent drinks, shade, but unless they improve the will call experience and perhaps even throw in a separate entrance I think I'm done...

I agree the will call sucked! No one knew what they were doing and they must have had the wrist bands in an underground vault because it took forever for the agent to retrieve them and hand them over.

However, for the bathrooms, shade, and food it was worth it for me (I'm in my 40's and have paid my dues with porta potty's thank you very much!) during the day....we stayed as far away from the place at night...too many gals in high heels!

motionnn77
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I have to admit, if you are willing to wait in line to use a decent bathroom in the VIP, it's worth it. However, I would usually just stop in to buy a quick drink and end up using a porto anyway because it was faster.

During the day, it's pretty chill with shade and not too crowded.

motionnn77
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh and my man got a discount on the VIP bands. Got all six of them at once so we didn't have to wait at will call.

SFChrissy
04-26-2009, 07:30 AM
I can't believe people buy this service. I was fortunate enough to have been flowed bracelets and what I enjoyed most was sneaking cocktails out of the area and the bathrooms while I was at the mainstage other than that lame...

coachellaforever09
04-26-2009, 11:01 AM
We won ours from Carpoolchella. Woohoo! I think I would only get them again if one of my FAVOURITE bands was playing...because I had fun hanging out with them this time

C DUB YA
04-27-2009, 06:02 AM
VIP is barely worth it - if you like seeing the bands.

BillyCrystal
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP is not worth it at all. unless you plan on spending lots of money and don't really care about seeing any of the bands, or you just want to wear the wrist band around as a status symbol (which no one cares about), it's worthless.