PDA

View Full Version : The Rentals- Songs About Time

M Sparks
04-21-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm a huge Rentals fan, I can't believe I'm just now hearing about this. They've started a pretty ambitious year long art project. They are doing a 12 song concept album, but releasing it throughout the year in 3 EPs. Then, they are documenting the year through film and photography. They post a photo every day on their website, and a short film every week.

Unfortunately, it sounds more interesting than it is. Whenever you see a making of video for an album, it's almost always dull. This one is just really long and really well shot. But kudos for an interesting concept. Check out the film from April 7th...it's essentially a video for "Song Of Remembering", which I thought was the best song off the first EP...very beautiful. (And apparently Joey Santiago is working with them!)

The coolest part is the limited edition package that will come out at the end of the year, with a coffee table book, DVD, Vinyl, and CD set. Every day, Matt Sharp is shooting a roll of film and leaving it undeveloped. If you buy the limited edition, you get one of the rolls.

http://www.therentals.com