PDA

View Full Version : Turning 18 a week after Coachella, Is on-site camping an impossibility

luke79
02-15-2007, 09:18 PM
My friend turns 18 a week after Coachella. Even with his birthday being that close, will he still be denied access to the camp grounds?
Thanks, Luke

lowfront
02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
thats a tough one....

invisiblerobots
02-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Yup. Fake ID?

orbit
02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
If you cant prove you ARE 18 the day of Coachella...

...onsite camping is impossible.

lowfront
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Wow that sucks...

wtf are the plans now?

luke79
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, to be honest, if he does go he will be sleeping in the car, albeit very stealthily (yes I know, that's not allowed.) Perhaps under a mess of blankets or something of the sorts. And if that isn't possible then Ill break the bad news to him. He's my friends cousin, and so I'm just trying to find a definitive answer to save him the trouble of leaving Las Vegas only to find he has no where to sleep.

luke79
02-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Also, I'm not condoning sleeping in your car, but lets say for instance, you have tinted windows, how would they even know? I have my camping pass, so I'm good,but I'd think if you just went to sleep you might get away with it. But you could always just drive to an off-site parking lot and take your chances there.

DeltaSigChi4
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, if he needs to sell his tickets, I'm in Vegas and would buy them from him.

E

dontfeedthebird
02-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Put him in the trunk.

faxman75
02-16-2007, 06:38 AM
A whol mess of us after we see RAGE r goin to be poundin on carz with flashlights and den jerkin' off onto winshields and stujff. Its mads funnoy to see peeps reactionsd to us sprayin carz and waken peeple up in the middle of the nigte!

TheGunslinger138
02-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Also, I'm not condoning sleeping in your car, but lets say for instance, you have tinted windows, how would they even know? I have my camping pass, so I'm good,but I'd think if you just went to sleep you might get away with it. But you could always just drive to an off-site parking lot and take your chances there.

Its going to get very hot very early in a car with tinted windows. The time between him waking up in an ocean of sweat (lets be generous and estimate 7:00AM) and the time the venue opens up for entry is going to be a very boring 4 hours or so. If I were you, I'd drive him to a local truck stop every morning and have him take a shower to prevent Armegeddon Funk.

Just remember to crack your windows when leaving your pets or friends in the car.

invisiblerobots
02-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Sneak him in with your alcohol.

luke79
02-16-2007, 08:14 AM
I hadn't planned on sneaking in alcohol, but if I did, i know of a way to do it that would work. But being buzzed at a festival, in the heat, sounds nightmarish. I looked for an official email address to see about my friends dilemma, but haven't found one.

rno2worriesx
02-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I've traveled around those areas in California only to have to sleep in my car multiple times. Just wing it..

boarderwoozel3
02-16-2007, 12:25 PM
A whol mess of us after we see RAGE r goin to be poundin on carz with flashlights and den jerkin' off onto winshields and stujff. Its mads funnoy to see peeps reactionsd to us sprayin carz and waken peeple up in the middle of the nigte!

Pound on/ jerk off onto the car I travel there in and I will fuck you up.

ohxmyitstina
02-16-2007, 09:16 PM
My friend turns 18 a week after Coachella. Even with his birthday being that close, will he still be denied access to the camp grounds?
Thanks, Luke

never impossible. i got in last year when i was 17, and my 18th birthday was in july. the security that checks you eventually stops caring around midnight because they have to check so many bags and so many people. just as long as your friend doesnt look like a 12-year-old, it should all be fine.

CheersDarlin
02-16-2007, 09:22 PM

I really hope this is a joke. I don't want to believe that someone is truly this stupid.

UnicornsForBreakfast
02-16-2007, 10:10 PM

You know if anyone catches you fucking with their car, they'll beat the snot out of you, right? I would.

lowfront
02-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm sure this has been answered on here a million times but when you get to the campground. They don't check our id every time right? They just give you a wristband....

Any thoughts on this? Maybe a way to get your buddy a wristband. Maybe a $50 bill to the guy with the wristbands?

Just saying......

jenniferrrae
02-17-2007, 04:13 PM
i've never been carded when i've camped [04/05/06], although i was always coming in between 7&10, the busiest time friday night. but the potential for disaster is there with all this change and mass peoples it's been attracting. but hey you know if you don't get in, you can probably sneak in at some point in the night because it isn't all that well gaurded while big crowds are filing in or when everyone's asleep. you can always take your chances and if you don't make it, well you can sell your camping ticket to me cause i really really don't want to pay like 20000pesos.

Cindayle
02-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Last year I found a group of really cool people and chilled with them on and off throught the weekend. The majority of them were not 18, they don't really check ID, so just try it out.

Best of luck!

lowfront
02-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I'd say a 20% of a problem

caljona
02-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I slept in my car in the parking lot for the last 3 years and never once was bothered, truck with a shell is ideal.
Shouldn't really be a problem if he cannot get in to the campground