PDA

View Full Version : Coachella 2009 regrets

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Here's mine:

Sleeping all day saturday, getting to the event late and missing what apparently was a bad ass set by Bloody Beetroots. :( I was tired from driving from vegas Friday.

Forgetting my cameras friday, and in general not taking enough pictures.

bigc1
04-21-2009, 01:35 AM
watching Morrissey instead of Beirut
watching Thievery instead of Fleet Foxes

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Oh and skipping Franz Ferdinand for Crystal Castles...

instantvintage
04-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Watching Etienne instead of Throbbing Gristle/Roni Size

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Giving up on Fleet Foxes and leaving Throbbing Gristle early. Although I thought Thievery Corporation was extremely entertaining.

fasttrack
04-21-2009, 01:55 AM
i regret not getting a job sooner so that i could go to coachella this year. :(
at least i got to see 5 of the bands that were at coachella play where i work this week.

lickety_spit
04-21-2009, 01:56 AM
falafel wrap

dorkfish
04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
ordering crab fries
missing 3 minutes of Throbbing Gristle to look at the Cube.

Jman4321
04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Standing right in front of the Gobi speakers during Gang Gang Dance's sound check.

Mr.Nipples
04-21-2009, 02:12 AM
missing throbbing gristle...

dont ask...

montezdotcom
04-21-2009, 02:13 AM
- The fact that I left Paul Macca a little bit early. If I had known he had two encores and that he was going to play more Beatles songs, I definitely would of stayed.

- Missing Los Campesinos! on Friday because my friends didn't want to see them. I should've just gone by myself.

- Missing Conor Oberst to see Hand of Man. I actually think this one is funny. I missed a band for an art structure... Fail.

- Arriving at like 2-3 pm every single day of the festival. I like arriving early, getting a slow start to my day and just taking in the environment that it is Coachella. Also, it gives me time to grab lunch before any bands that I like start.

- Not educating myself on bands that I had never heard before I arrived. I should listened to every band on the damn lineup so then I could definitely eliminate some bands and see others.

- Not being able to get a legit spot for Girl Talk. I really wanted to see him but he partially conflicted with Beirut. So after seeing Beirut I tried to run and get a good spot for Girl Talk but the Sahara was crazy overcrowded and I didn't even get in the tent.

MJ 6687
04-21-2009, 02:18 AM
Missing most of Paul McCartney. My boyfriend worked from 8 am to 2 pm on Friday, we drove 2 hours to Indio, we had a 2 hour drive back home, and he worked at 8 am on Saturday. Never again will his whiney-ness make me miss an epic performance.

homEsick
04-21-2009, 02:27 AM
missing some morrissey. band of horses conflict. silversun pickups conflict. not seeing a bit more of beirut. being too tired for mstrkrft. not seeing kode 9 in the dome

pocket
04-21-2009, 05:19 AM
missing some morrissey. band of horses conflict. silversun pickups conflict. not seeing a bit more of beirut. being too tired for mstrkrft. not seeing kode 9 in the dome

you missed nothing by skipping silversun pickups, i caught around 20 minutes of the end of the set and they sounded awful.

i regret not watching the cure, as i have read they came out acoustic, would have liked to have seen that, but saw em 3 times last year...

Cheddar's Cousin
04-21-2009, 05:24 AM
NOTHING!

carokube
04-21-2009, 05:30 AM
uh... having to come home monday?? i have no regrets about the bands i saw. i wouldn't have not seen any of them. even though i got really drunk sunday and we left early i still have no regrets. cause i missed nothing i would have cared about.

Kid B
04-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Moz instead of Beirut
Cohen over Ghostland
Macca over Presets

Not exactly regrets but I wish I could have seen them all.

Not seeing White Lies is probably my biggest regret but I enjoyed Conor Oberst and had an amazing spot for Cohen.
TV On the Radio over Calexico
Not seeing Lykke Li

SLiNGER
04-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Seeing Thievery Corp (friend's pick) over Fleet Foxes (my pick). Sometimes you gotta go your own way.

sacleonard
04-21-2009, 06:28 AM
you missed nothing by skipping silversun pickups, i caught around 20 minutes of the end of the set and they sounded awful.

i regret not watching the cure, as i have read they came out acoustic, would have liked to have seen that, but saw em 3 times last year...

The Cure did not play acoustic, aside from the songs that have acoustic guitars in them. But you did miss an epic performance.

elChurro
04-21-2009, 06:48 AM
falafel wrap

I agree, wtf was that shit? never again. fuck that place.

PassiveTheory
04-21-2009, 07:06 AM
- Missing most of Macca's second hour and all of his encore save Hey Jude.
- Missing most of the Cure's endless set besides 45 minutes of the 2nd hour and A Forest at the end of the night
- Missing Thievery Corporation to see Fleet Foxes (I'd be saying the inverse if I did that, though, for sure)
- Missing Jenny Lewis during what was a disappointing Chemical Brothers set

Tylerdurden31
04-21-2009, 07:30 AM
-leaving Macca early. The first half was just crap, but then when I get to the parking lot I start hearing all these beatles tunes. fucking drunken grampa mccartney.

-missing even one second of Daedelus for the chemical brothers crappy dj set. I've never seen the Chems before and I wanted big fucking beats and I never got them. Luckily I caught about 20 minutes of Daedelus and his flinging arms.

-watching a single second of M.I.A.

-missing any part of Thievery Corporation

-I would say I regret missing Themselves, No Age, Okkervil and Fucked Up, but I was so fucking exhausted from the 3 hour exodus the night before that I don't.

Alejo
04-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Missing half of Beirut's set for Moz.
Missing Sunday.

magmazing
04-21-2009, 07:40 AM
1. not renting my own car so I could go to Saturday and Sunday early and leave late. I ended up missing Henry Rollins, Michael Franti, Lykke Li, K'naan, and Flying Lotus among others. uggh.

2. Missing most of Franz Ferdinand becaause the fucking locker guy constantly stopped checking the locks and keys to chat with random people even though there was a line anxiously waiting to get into the damn festival. Do your job and give us our keys!

3. I should have stayed to see more of The Crystal Method

4. I should have moved locations and continued recording Paul McCartney even after some Coachella official busted me with my camcorder.

6. I should have stuck around for MSTRKRFT.

Spongehead56
04-21-2009, 07:51 AM
2. Missing most of Franz Ferdinand becaause the fucking locker guy constantly stopped checking the locks and keys to chat with random people even though there was a line anxiously waiting to get into the damn festival. Do your job and give us our keys!

The key guy was totally taking his sweet time to do anything. I don't understand why they couldn't have the locks already on the lockers beforehand and then just give us a key when we arrived.

ThomThom
04-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Watching Antony & The Johnsons.

Missing a good chunk of Leonard Cohen's set.

Missing Los Campesinos!

Missing Friendly Fires.

Getting to the Polo Fields on Friday and Saturday extremely late.

Getting really fucked up during the day.

happycanadian
catching a single second of any dj at the electronic tent, was there way too early on Friday, could have slept in a bit more and having Patton & Rahzel on at the same time as Macca. Saw every second of Macca and won't regret it but would have liked to see what Patton did.

rskapcat
- The fact that I left Paul Macca a little bit early. If I had known he had two encores and that he was going to play more Beatles songs, I definitely would have stayed.

This. And missing the beginning of BoH. Other than that, I'm cool with all the decisions I made. Missed some acts I wanted to see, but I wasn't disappointed by the acts I chose to see instead.

*SURREAL*
04-21-2009, 08:02 AM
-missing bloody beetroots , because i was waiting for friends from camp , never again , just go solo
-not being able to hook up with this girl i know from cali. , it was too crazy of a weekend
-missing the end of the cure
-not putting sunblock on my legs the first day i was there , and get'n burnt to a crisp

everything else was bliss !

Lt. Bowie
04-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Watching only two songs by Public Enemy to get to the Cure
Leaving the Killers early
Missing Leonard Cohen
Leaving Band of Horses early for MIA

frazzles
04-21-2009, 08:25 AM
-Not only watching Crystal Castles, being in the forward middle of the tent for it
-I totally could have let myself go to have more fun without becoming a douche
-Not punching a kid in the face in the Sahara
-Letting some girl dance on me in the Sahara without noticing she had neither a camping or a beer garden wristband. I think I may be slightly a pedo now :(

oly malia
04-21-2009, 08:56 AM
-not being more drunk earlier on friday
-got to coachella around 3 every day, but i wish we were there earlier! didn't miss any bands i wanted to see because of this though
-not getting more sun
-i skipped out on the ends of paul mccartney and the cure...fail
-looking old enough to get into the beer garden.. but not to buy beer. nooooo!
-barely took any pictures!
-leaving band of horses to see MIA...

spongekill
04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
watching Thievery instead of Fleet Foxes

Thievery's bass was so loud I couldn't even hear Fleet Foxes.. definitely wish I had gone to the main stage and just waited for a Fleet Foxes solo show to come around

lusciouslou
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
-Watching the ting tings over buraka som sistem:the frick was i thinking!

-Not being able to sing "hallelujah" with the cohen crowd.

-not getting the name of the girl i was dancing with during crookers-BIG MISTAKE!

-leaving around 10:30 on friday cause my cousins were "so tired" thus missing a good McCartney set

-if i had known security were just tapping backpacks instead of searching them, i would of taken my camcorder and tape the awesomness!

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Missing Beirut for Morrissey
Missing Plump DJs for YYYs
Missing Cohen to get a good spot for Morrissey
Missing No Age & Ida Maria because I was drinking in the campground
Drinking too much during the day on Sun. (almost messed up Sun. evening/night, yay second wind!)

Most of these are 'hindsight is 20/20' type deals so I'm not that bummed.

castleberryrock
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
ordering crab fries

^^ yes

and too many brownies o.O

DHARMA2112
04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
My biggest regret was seeing TV On the Radio. Fool me once, full me twice etc...This was my second time seeing them, and they are horrible live! What a shame.

eudaemonia
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Missing most of Paul McCartney's set because I didn't pace myself earlier that day.
Going back and forth between PB&J and Antony and the Johnsons, when I should've stayed with the latter.

TheKid79
04-21-2009, 09:37 AM
1) arriving early for craze and klever only to have them cancel
2) my g/f talking me into going to see clipse, waiting for 15 minutes, only to have them announce Clipse cancelled
2) The Orb completely failing to engage us (which led to Groove Armada, which was AWESOME!)
3) Having to watch teenage candy ravers get busted by undercover NARCS all over the place on Saturday night
4) Missing Crystal Method and MSTRKRFT in favor of going to hotel to sleep (but we did escape parking lot in less than 10 minutes every night!)

Dogvolta
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Wasting so much time in the sahara watching the cube. Seriously that is my biggest regret. I am sad I missed a couple bands, such as missing Silversun Pickups and Gui, but that happens, can't see them all.

KickerConspiracy
04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
- Not seeing more of Mastodon on Saturday - saw 1-2 songs as I wandered from the Killers to MSTRKRFT and back.
- Missing the end of The Cure, even though I've seen them multiple times and me and my girlfriend had to drive to Malibu that evening.

beckith
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
FORGETTING MY TICKET ON SUNDAY AND HAVING TO DRIVE BACK TO THE HOTEL TO GET IT. WHICH WAS 45 MINUTES AWAY. WHICH ENTAILED ME MISSING FRIENDLY FIRES.

ugh ugh ugh uuuugh.

wantabodylikeme
04-21-2009, 10:51 AM
seeing the bug instead of crystal casltes

scole11
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
seeing the bug instead of crystal casltes

I agree with seeing the bug... Warrior queen was terrible. Sound was awful in the Gobi, and the Bug just didn't grab me. although i did enjoy him opening with "angry" that was sick. Also there was the bitchiest security in the Gobi. this chick seriously stood in my face for 5 minutes because she smelled weed. Seriously stood in my face and breathed down my girlfriends neck for another 5... What the fuck...

Sexecutioner
04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
missing aggrolites, fucked up, and gaslight anthem. every year there are a few bands i miss because they play too early, and those were them this year. fuck me.

also regret not meeting up with MantisMel. :(

Wheres the beef?
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
My only regret is not leaving MBV sooner.

DRcube
04-21-2009, 11:27 AM
listening to my friend who went back to the campgrounds early, then called me to tell me we were robbed, so i run back to our tent and find out he was looking at the wrong tent....i layed down in my tent listening to "a day in the life" and "hey jude"

zenidogx
04-21-2009, 11:43 AM
i should have seen the Bug and The Killers.

Crystal Castles and Gang Gang Dance were okay, but they could have done better.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Not seeing White Lies is probably my biggest regret but I enjoyed Conor Oberst and had an amazing spot for Cohen.

Dude, White Lies where so fucking amazing... I have no words to describe it.

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I never fully understood not watching what you want because someone else wants to see another act. You can always set times and areas to met up at. Ever since my first one in 04 I've been by myself. Hell, I have even ditched my gf last year to see what I want. Nothing takes my experience away from me.

jordeaux
04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Missing Rollins and Amanda Palmer, and also being anywhere near the Sahara at all (except for when Late of the Pier played).

Also, not finding a 'Coachella girlfriend'.

phonographer
04-21-2009, 11:54 AM
-drinking too much
-getting arrested (for climbing on the far right side main stage speaker during YYY's.)

Devin the Dude
04-21-2009, 11:57 AM
watching 20 minutes of paul. total crap. more room for bowie next year.

dorkfish
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I take it that this is like a prison girlfriend.

Dogvolta
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Missing Rollins and Amanda Palmer, and also being anywhere near the Sahara at all (except for when Late of the Pier played).

You expected to find a Coachella girlfriend while staying away from the Sahara...?

Iamjoeswastdlife
04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Skipping Beirut to see the end of Morrissey to get a good spot for Macca.

Missing Presets for the first hour of Macca.

Missing the beginning of Ghostland Observatory.

Only seeing Leonard Cohen and Public Enemy from afar, then leaving to get food.

Getting ripped off by one of the crooked cholo security guards who caught my friends and I smoking pot and forced us to bribe him.

Boourns
04-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Giving up my great spot and hauling ass at the end of Leonard Cohen in hopes of hearing Moz do "This Charming Man", only to have missed it
Leaving Glass Candy early to watch the Chemical Brothers do a boring dj set
Leaving Public Enemy early to get a spot (in an empty tent) for Throbbing Gristle
Leaving Throbbing Gristle after a few minutes to wander over to the Cure for a couple songs (confusion lol I thought we were going to "The Cube")
Not seeing enough of Throbbing Gristle (wasn't really into it and wanted to see the cube)

Dogvolta
04-21-2009, 12:13 PM

Missing Presets for the first hour of Macca.

Missing the beginning of Ghostland Observatory.

Ouch ouch :sorry

grichsgang
04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Watching Silversun Pickups instead of Beirut. SSPU was too distorted and ruined their sound. That said, I regret leaving SSPU and missing Lazy Eye, which looked good on YouTube. They must have turned the guitar down by that time.

Not being able to stop time and see Black Keys, Conor Oberst, White Lies and Ting Tings all at the same time.

Not allowing for 1.5 hours to get off the freeway and into the area and thus missing ABTE.

Not coming the previous 9 years.

Not getting a hotel room and thus getting home at 4.15a.

Having to wait 360 more days for the next one.

NightGoat
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Missing My Bloody Valentine in order to get a good spot for Throbbing Gristle. I could've walked in 20 minutes prior and probably still have gotten to the front. Instead, I ended up sitting through the Horrors (who were hilarious) and The Kills (who were forgettable).

TG made up for it though

I Saw OJ
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Got there way late on Friday cause of traffic and missing People Under the Stairs :(

Boourns
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Missing My Bloody Valentine in order to get a good spot for Throbbing Gristle. I could've walked in 20 minutes prior and probably still have gotten to the front. Instead, I ended up sitting through the Horrors (who were hilarious) and The Kills (who were forgettable).

TG made up for it though

Seriously, nobody wanted to see Throbbing Gristle. You could've walked in at 10:05 and had plenty of rail.

Devin the Dude
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
there was more room to smoke cigarettes and look cool though, like we did.

icarus
04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Missing Band of Horses for Massively Irritating Airhorns

summerkid
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
not seeing all of thievery corporation. They looked like they were one of the highlights and i was at fleet foxes who were quite good but unspectacular.

NightGoat
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Seriously, nobody wanted to see Throbbing Gristle. You could've walked in at 10:05 and had plenty of rail.

I'm still kicking myself for missing MBV. Instead, I got to see a guy mope around and try his hardest to look like he was having an awful time

SkipLaCombe
04-21-2009, 01:09 PM
missing presets
missing Silversun

kroqken
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Was Morrissey really that bad on Friday?

sonnyboy11
04-21-2009, 09:05 PM

Not really. His tirade about the smell of meat happened about half way into his set. It had been pretty good up to that point. And even though he was still pouting like a little bitch, the arrangement and lights for How Soon Is Now were fantastic. It's a shame really that he could not find it in himself to act a bit more professionally.

kroqken
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Morrissey does what he wants to do and says what he wants to say. Read "Meetings with Morrissey" and it will explain why.

BakForMore
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
getting too wasted, at least I have shitty video...lol.

...oh, not watching Jenny Lewis. Apparently, I was in mood for MIA instead.... I had to be fucked up lol

Cdubby
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
missing a full set of the killers (enjoyed the chems though), letting my friends talk me into watching cloud cult instead of ida maria......thats about it

somahead
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Letting my friends ruin Cohen.

moomoo
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Only catching the last two songs of Gang Gang Dance because I wasted too much time at MSTRBRNG.

Larissa
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Missing all of Beirut for Morrissey sucked, but mostly leaving BOH for MIA. Mistake!

eturnol
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Giving Morrissey yet ANOTHER chance, only to have him disappoint me yet again.

Buying into the hype for the Bloody Beatroots to find out that it was trash electronica.

Missing the Friendly Fires on Sunday, but a fire alarm went off in my hotel Saturday night and I needed some extra sleep.

Parking in a new lot Saturday night, to find out that they had closed down the entrance and blocked thousands of cars from leaving for hours.

CitizenJ
04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Leaving Amanda Palmer after her first song to go and see Franti (and more importantly get a close spot for TV on the Radio). But the Amanda Palmer set was PACKED, i got there right before she got on because i just got out of Dr. Dog. I was at the Gobi, but so far back that i wasnt even under the tent anymore.

and one big one... Camping. in general.

CitizenJ
04-21-2009, 11:16 PM
getting too wasted, at least I have shitty video...lol.

...oh, not watching Jenny Lewis. Apparently, I was in mood for MIA instead.... I had to be fucked up lol

Jenny Lewis didnt even start till MIA ended. i know becuase i was hanging around the Outdoor stage and heard MIA start up Paper Planes, walked over, watched it, then walked back to the outdoor and waited a bit more for Jenny Lewis to come on.

didimydoe3
04-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Taking my girlfriend.

We broke up. In the words of my brother,"Why take sand to the beach?"...

That and getting my watch stolen during MSTRKRFT, watching them, eating the garlic fries, forgetting my wallet and water bottle during Friday and not having wild cougar sex with this 30 yr old back at camp, I'm 18 and was skeptical.

Damn.

WhyTheLongFace
04-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Missing Public Enemy (Even though Black Balloon by the Kills is one of my favorite songs it doesnt touch PE playing ITANOMTHUSB front to back)
Missing Roni Size for the Cube. (I only watched 5 mins but if I left after Groove I could have caught 20-30 mins before I had to leave cause my friend was sick)
Not getting up to see DBT's (I wanted to smoke more weed first)
Drinking a shaved ice with too much sugar right before YYY's and having the sugar + hot ass sun drain me)
Not watching the whole LOTP set (What I heard was bomb but my legs were tired and I wanted to chill)

choprite
04-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Letting my friends ruin Cohen.
this.

pussying out and not eating a full hit of A before TG. it was 6mos old and neither I nor the friend I gave some to had anything more than a light fry

not bringing a proper camera

walking out of a place to bury strangers to see patton&rahzel and coming back to the tail end of "I know I'll see you"

greghead
04-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Taking my girlfriend.

We broke up. In the words of my brother,"Why take sand to the beach?"...

That and getting my watch stolen during MSTRKRFT, watching them, eating the garlic fries, forgetting my wallet and water bottle during Friday and not having wild cougar sex with this 30 yr old back at camp, I'm 18 and was skeptical.

Damn.

Wow. You win the prize for poor decision making. I feel bad, man, I hope next year is much better for you.

This was actually my favorite Coachella of the five I've been to, I have no regrets besides not buying more e and not eating more churros

nolanisbomb
04-22-2009, 12:10 AM
No girl talk. i would've killed to hear ruff ryders anthem mixed with grindin. and from the youtubes i heard the crowd singing along the lyrics of juicy which is kinda epic

Astrid
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
only seeing the very end of groove armada.

letting e-tarded FUCKFACES put a serious damper on my presets experience and eventually drive me to leave...fuck. (not too sad about this one though, skipped up to paul right as he was getting into blackbird <3)

missing antony because i was in a heat/pizza/weed/crackedoutfromsaturday coma.

missing earlier shit bc our hotel was so fuckass far away. meh. meh. meh.

MJ 6687
04-22-2009, 01:02 AM

No, people are blowing it out of perportion. Yeah, he stopped at that one part, but the song was over, so it's not like you were missing anything. He was himself, and his voice really was amazing.

greghead
04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Morrissey's a cock, I wish nothing but shame and misfortune upon his house.

EverGreen407
04-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Leaving Jenny Lewis for 2 seconds to go see the Chemical Brothers and then running back. Catching Glass Candy for a little while was cool though. Should have avoided the Sahara after the Crookers.

EverGreen407
04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Giving Morrissey yet ANOTHER chance, only to have him disappoint me yet again.

Buying into the hype for the Bloody Beatroots to find out that it was trash electronica.

Missing the Friendly Fires on Sunday, but a fire alarm went off in my hotel Saturday night and I needed some extra sleep.

Parking in a new lot Saturday night, to find out that they had closed down the entrance and blocked thousands of cars from leaving for hours.

Fuck that parking lot! I almost killed someone out of rage!

Coachellagirl
04-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Fuck that parking lot! I almost killed someone out of rage!

Yup Lot 7. Straight BULLSHIT! Worst parking situation I've had in 5 years of going. I definitely regret parking there Sat. night. Thankfully I have it all figured out now and will never make that mistake again.

Leaving Macca,and The Cure early too...total fail.

Not stopping my sister from drinking too much tequilla before we went in Saturday.

Almost dropping my backpack in the shitters. (so close...wtf would I have done!?)

All in all though...best year ever for me! xoxoxo

adeline3
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
getting too drunk and missing BJM because i was passed out on the side of the tent.

thinking there was no way Macca was playing until 1 am and leaving at 12:30 because i was freezing. luckily i heard everything from the campground :)

Grant
04-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Missing X, Public Enemy, and Groove Armada due to exhaustion Sunday night.

Edit: Roni Size, too. Ugh.

BassicallyFunky
04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
If you'd asked my regret predictions on Wednesday of last week, I'd have made quite a lengthy list.

Funny enough in the end, I only have one:

That I didn't come earlier on Satuday to catch Dhani Harrison's band, then just leave after Thievery, because EVERYTHING ELSE SATURDAY NIGHT SUCKED HORRIBLE ASS.

Friday and Sunday were so incredibly fantastic, though, so I'm still extremely happy with my ninth Coachella overall.

Daft Fro
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Fri
- Lagged on entering fest from camp: Missing the Aggrolites & Gui Boratto
- chilled with crew, instead of seeing the last half of Ghostland Observatory
Sat
- Lagged on entering fest from camp: Didnt get in til 5pm, a new record.
Sun
- Lagged on entering fest from camp: Missing Friendly Fires, No Age, M.I.S.

- Didn't manage to catch a Lucent Dossier performance this yr.

Other than that, I am very pleased with my adventure route.

BassicallyFunky
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
PS - I am thrilled to see all the love for Groove Armada around here. I have followed them since day one, been a fan for ages. I have to say meeting them on Sunday was a highlight of my weekend!

pgarg
04-22-2009, 04:45 PM
No regrets... I made the decisions that I thought were right at the time. I know that sounds lame, but there's no point in beating yourself up for shit you can't change! Yeah, Etienne was pretty disappointing, but I knew what I was missing when I stayed in there for the whole set, so I have no right to bitch! That set was pretty weak, though...

greghead
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
^EDC's set was boring as hell. I tried to convince myself that I was having a good time, but after about 20 minutes I left and wandered the grounds for an hour before being kicked out.

I absolutely do not regret watching Flying Lotus in the dome on Saturday, his was the best set of the weekend for me.

natalya
04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Missing most of MSTRKRFT because i was watching the killers...what was i thinking?!?!

missing los campesinos!

going to the dome on saturday night.....blah

*SURREAL*
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Missing Band of Horses for Massively Irritating Airhorns

haha , those stupid horns were in my head all night , and how they said MIA like a thousand times .

Pixiessp
04-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Missing the Board Pic by minutes literally.

greghead
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
going to the dome on saturday night.....blah

Really? You must mean the camper's only hours, because Daedelus, Kode9, and FlyLo absolutely killed it.

Peace Frog
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
-missing franz ferdinand, conor oberst, and especially leonard cohen's hallelujah

-not having earlplugs while standing up front at the rail for MBV...i'd never heard of them before and nobody warned me how loud it would be lol. my ears are still buzzin

-not knowing having a medical marijuana card allows you to smoke even while on probation >.<

natalya
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Really? You must mean the camper's only hours, because Daedelus, Kode9, and FlyLo absolutely killed it.

yes i meant the camper's only hours....i should have elaborated on that. I was in party mode that night and as soon i got there it was a major downer. Once the pervy ghetto security guard started to hit on me I left.

greghead
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
yes i meant the camper's only hours....i should have elaborated on that. I was in party mode that night and as soon i got there it was a major downer. Once the pervy ghetto security guard started to hit on me I left.

Do you know who was DJing after-hours? I didn't camp, but all I've heard is that it was pretty boring and lame as hell.

jasonllester
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
-skipping beirut for morrissey
-missing my bloody valentine's noise holocaust

runbowsky
04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
partying more.. lame friends are lame.

natalya
04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Do you know who was DJing after-hours? I didn't camp, but all I've heard is that it was pretty boring and lame as hell.

i have no clue......but indeed it was lame, very slow and not good for dancing. Anyone know who was DJing? I'd like to avoid this DJ in the future.

Stainofmind
04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
missing the last quarter of Silversun Pickups for Patton and RAhzel. If I knew they were going to be Beat Boxing I would of skipped it.

Fourthisto
04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
My only regret is not ordering more of those curly fries from that philly cheesesteak place. GOOD GOD, MAN! THOSE WERE AWESOME!!

Oh, and I guess I have another regret. I was dancing too fast in the Sahara tent, and well... those needles sure are sharp. :(

ordering crab friesHahaha! Wow, you are a brave soul. I saw that on the sign and almost barfed right then and there. You gonna try the Lobster Burger next year?

Missing Crystal Method and MSTRKRFT in favor of going to hotel to sleep (but we did escape parking lot in less than 10 minutes every night!)Uhmm... we didn't leave each night until after the last note was played by anyone, and we were out of the parking lot every night with ease. Its all about planning which lot to hit up, mang.

woogie846
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Forgetting my cell phone charger at home. My phone finally gave out Sunday afternoon.

jennygirl
04-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Not making it to Tinariwen to enjoy a show with Henry Rollins and Ian MacKaye. ...pout

miraj
04-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Not getting all of the sun tan oil out of the bottle of Hawaiin Tropic that I filled with Sailor Jerry...

Jef-free
04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Not being more outgoing, I guess. The hubs and I did not know a single soul there, and we met a handful of peeps but not enough. Never got to smoke anyone out, or got smoked out by anyone...

Vic Viper
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Missing Plump DJs to deal with the completely fucking irritating crowd at YYYs.

Leeartlee
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I regret not making it a true Coachella experience and going for the weekend. My problem is that I need to find a true Coachella base. Maybe next year, I'll join the solo camping crew...

paganman7
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I regret not meeting any boardies. I saw BD and Suff, but they were gone before I could say hey.

damnvegetarian
04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
not getting free cigarettes all festival long. I dont even smoke but cigarettes are great for trading

kronz420
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
not getting free cigarettes all festival long. I dont even smoke but cigarettes are great for trading

In jail? lol

coachy_Jedi
04-23-2009, 02:29 PM
In jail? lol

Nobody wanted a tasted of my fiffy bag. :winkiss

schmechel-deckle
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I regret that more people didn't see Tinariwen, absolutely amazing, wish I could dance like that

NiceArthur32
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
i regret that i found someone's wallet with their ID and a bunch of cash inside and i was looking to see where i could turn it in... then i finally went to the lost n found place and I LOST THE WALLET TOO!

=(

so its kinda like i stole it!!!

frozen pilgrim
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
my only regrets are not making the board photo, and not meeting certain people I wanted to. I'm happy with everyone I saw.

ps- to peopel complaining about how there was "nothing good saturday", you missed (by far) the loudest set of the weekend closing the mojave. mastodon fucking tore it up.

ghoulina
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
not taking stealing inside the zia records.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Missing "It Takes A Nation of Millions" in full. I had fun during that timeslot but damn that would've been something.

frozen pilgrim
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
fuuuck, I bet missing that is gonna be on a lot of people's lists.

I was so friggin' stoked when they announced that was what they were playing

I remember leaving MBV around the beginning of 'the holocaust', and lee and salah were like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!', but I had a feeling public enemy wouldn't disappoint. and fuck am I ever glad I went.

mrsfeatherbottom
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
falafel wrap

Ate falafel wrap 9pm Saturday night. Felt sick and nauseous rest of Sat and Sun morning. Back at Coachella 2pm Sunday. Felt sicker then ever right when I got in, rushed to nearest rubbish bin, didn't make it. Projectile vomited falafel wrap. Took 2 hours to recover in vendor tent. FUCK falafel wrap. Killer of fun. The rest of Sunday was amazing though! Yay!

brematale111
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
eating too many mushrooms and having to miss crookers/chem bros/MSTRKRFT

crombrenner
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Missing Throbbing Gristle, X, and Cage the Elephant. Having an asthma attack after Liars and spending 30 minutes at first aid. Not bringing enough mushy's. Not staying for Fleet Foxes because of the horrible sound bleed from the do-lab. And most of all, cracking my tooth on a spicy pie diring the Cure!! OUCH!!!

bmack86
04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
I love how so many of these regrets are about how your drugs turned on you.

I just regret going to see a few songs of Morrissey, despite the fact that I knew i don't like the guy and that I'm bored to tears by his solo material. He convinced me to go over when he was playing Girlfriend in a Coma, but I realized quickly that he couldn't have cared less about what he was playing. Pompous ass.

Betty82
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Watching Plublic Enemy & ghetto Flavor Flav.
Waste most of Sunday's time sitting down, & not checking out bands.

motionnn77
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Eating a huge Mexican breakfast before going in on Saturday early to check out Ida Maria. Felt so-o-o-o sick. I had to keep stopping while walking the way in. Luckily, it only lasted for an hour and I never had to projectile.

Missing Tinariwen.

Only staying to see part of White Lies set. I had to meet up w/ people elsewhere, was already late, but I wanted to stay so badly. They were enchanting.

Leaving my awesome spot at Thievery C. to pee and got a shot to hurry back for MIA, (yes I am a fan). Never got close enough even though my friend was holding my space. (Also, a lot of her fans were kinda aggro asshats). Oh, and he had the camera and got good footage.

Not stepping on the toes of the rude 'bro' who cut in front of me while I was getting my shot at the VIP. He was ordering five drinks, all I wanted was a shot

My phone not getting texts to my friends until hours later. So, I missed my friends a lot. (But still saw some great music).

But the biggest was not networking on the board before I got there. My man did, and because of him, we met awesome new friends. I wish I would have done more. We knew one (already a friend) going but she never answered our texts.

But I still had a AMAZING, AWESOME time!

Chasemau5
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
overdosing, causing myself to faint before MSTRKRFT went on.

my two mates had to carry me out of the Sahara tent.

:((

EkriirkE
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Oh and skipping Franz Ferdinand for Crystal Castles...
:werd:

likecats
04-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I regret missing Leonard Cohen, but I had been holding down a front row spot for Paul McCartney since the gates opened and there was no way I would risk losing that. By that time of the evening, it was going to be way too much hassle to get out of the crowd and then back in. I could have seen Cohen in San Diego or L.A. earlier in the week but didn't because I was hoping he would be on the same stage as McCartney. Oh well, seeing Paul up close was worth all the hassle.

shermanoaksyo
04-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Friday

woulda seen all of Los Campesinos! instead of dicking around in the beer garden and watching part of M. Ward

woulda seen part of Franz Ferdinand & more of Crystal Castles at the expense of Cohen (because I'd already seen him play for ~3 hours at Nokia and nothing in the Outdoor Theater was going to touch that)

woulda gone to Beirut, Girl Talk, and part of Presets by skipping Morrissey and the first :30 of Macca

Saturday

woulda arrived earlier for Ida Maria and Bob Mould

woulda seen Amanda Palmer instead of heading for beer and shade

woulda seen the beetroots instead of Tinariwen

Sunday

woulda arrived earlier for Vivian Girls and the start of No Age

woulda stayed at the Mojave for Fucked Up and skipped Okkervil River

woulda seen K'Naan and Plump DJs and not missed "Los Angeles" by X in exchange for Lykke Li and beer garden/hiding from the sun

melabonbon
04-29-2009, 08:57 AM
when i read the little program i didn't see that kim from the presets was doing something in the dome friday night. even though i looked right at the list of names on the dome setlist.
i didn't realize it until i read the program again on saturday.

Voodoo Hipster
04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I would have regretted missing The Presets for Paul..but I didnt and after hearing how boring Paul was and feelin the Sahara tent shake for a hour I made the right decision.

I do regret missing the end of X and the beginning of Late Of The Pier for The Kills signing that they were too cool to turn up to.

Grant
04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Missing Paul Weller and catching a hint of X... (No drug references plz)

oldfart
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Regret that this was my 1st Coachella. Reminds me of the 60's festivals on steroids. Should have been at the first Coachella but trust I will never miss another even when I need my depends.

fiyahhh!
04-29-2009, 09:42 AM
I regret not introducing myself to more boardies at the group photo. I'm quite shy and had to run off to see Bob Mould. Also, when I briefly met psychic friend, I regret not asking her to bring back the tags.

CellarOwl
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Missing Paul Weller, Junior Boys, MIA, and not being in 4 places at once for Sunday evening.

feather
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
I regret not introducing myself to more boardies at the group photo. I'm quite shy and had to run off to see Bob Mould. Also, when I briefly met psychic friend, I regret not asking her to bring back the tags.

I was happy you said hi to me! "I'm fiyahhh!" haha sounded awesome in real life.

Missing Paul Weller, Junior Boys, MIA, and not being in 4 places at once for Sunday evening.

Will you be a part of my owl club?

Geno_g
04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
My biggest regret was not smoking out a lot of the board members I met, I was messed up and had enough to go around, oh well, next year...

im so indie
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM
-drinking too much
-getting arrested (for climbing on the far right side main stage speaker during YYY's.)

Got a pic of you up there. We were wondering if you got hurt bc we saw an ambulance/cart taking someone away shortly after.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/GuyonSpeakers.jpg

Still-ill
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Not seeing Beirut : /...

Taylor
04-29-2009, 11:48 AM
I should have planned my food and bathroom breaks better so I could have had a better experience and view at McCartney.

MantisMel
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Not seeing Beirut : /...

Ohhh ouch! They were amazing to say the least!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Friday: Missing Leonard Cohen because I had a great spot for Macca.
Saturday: Missing MIA for Band of Horses (I just wasn't into it like I thought I would be) and getting there extremely late and missing the Liars.
Sun: getting there late. Missing Fucked Up. The Cure/Throbbing Gristle/EDC conflict.
I ended up seeing the 1st hour of the Cure. Some of TG. Hopped over to the 1st 20mins of the Cube..back to TG for their final song...and then left when The Cure was still on...I did get to hear A Forest from the parking lot...

not meeting enough board members.

miSTEVEious
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
to everyone regretting missing the bloody beetroots: you're in luck, they sucked total ass. don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

Leeartlee
04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
lol, I wouldn't go that far. But yes, you didn't miss much of a show from them.

The crowd, however, was going off.

Voodoo Hipster
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
to everyone regretting missing the bloody beetroots: you're in luck, they sucked total ass. don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

We were at differerent shows then..they were a mindfuck to say the least.

CaNooB
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I regret not seeing Public Enemy. Three days later we were in a fancy restaurant in Vegas celebrating my partner's bday. The restaurant was near empty but they seated us right next to Flavor Flav. I wanted to say "hi" or something but couldn't because I would have felty douchy saying "oh yeah, i missed your set"....

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
04-29-2009, 04:05 PM
not talking with my coachella '09 crush :(

leaving M. Ward early
missing half of Flying Lotus (although MSTRKRFT was bomb)
missing Buraka Som Sistema
not going sunday
missing The Bug
not being in the back of the tent during the Ting Tings ;)
not eating enough Curry/ drinking enough strawberry lemonades

Hedonism
04-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Not having enough energy, even with my friend Lucy, to go buck-wild on Sunday. Also missing plump djs for no reason at all.

Sad Face

IlliniQ
04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
-leaving Macca early. The first half was just crap, but then when I get to the parking lot I start hearing all these beatles tunes. fucking drunken grampa mccartney.

-missing even one second of Daedelus for the chemical brothers crappy dj set. I've never seen the Chems before and I wanted big fucking beats and I never got them. Luckily I caught about 20 minutes of Daedelus and his flinging arms.

-watching a single second of M.I.A.

-missing any part of Thievery Corporation

-I would say I regret missing Themselves, No Age, Okkervil and Fucked Up, but I was so fucking exhausted from the 3 hour exodus the night before that I don't.

Ditto on M.I.A., wish I had stayed with Band of Horses...will keep buying her albums, she's as cutting edge a recording conceptualists as there is out there right now...but she's just not a live performer...her live set was 100% smoke and mirrors and annoying smoke and mirrors to boot.

As to Sunday's misses...No Age sounded exactly like they do on album, interesting, lively, but totally muddy and tuneless...you may be a big fan, I'm not...didn't miss much there.

Didn't see fucked up, but in my opinion Okkervil was one of the very best sets of entire festival...as far as contemporary recorded work goes, they're actually one of the biggest heavyweights of the last half decade, and their set list was a murderers row of their very best material from last three albums...Black, For Real, Life is Not a Movie, Plus One, Unless it Kicks, Girl in Port, Smith Sails, Lost Coastlines, Pop Lies...they were definitely out to win new fans and try to move up from their self-proclaimed "mid-level band" status. At the very least, of the dozen or so Alt-Country acts that were there this year, they were head and shoulders the best.

PassiveTheory
04-30-2009, 02:03 AM
- Missing most of Macca's second hour and all of his encore save Hey Jude.
- Missing most of the Cure's endless set besides 45 minutes of the 2nd hour and A Forest at the end of the night
- Missing Thievery Corporation to see Fleet Foxes (I'd be saying the inverse if I did that, though, for sure)
- Missing Jenny Lewis during what was a disappointing Chemical Brothers set

Going to edit this to say, after watching the YouTube videos, that I should have seen the Killers instead of the Chemical Brothers. At least the first hour, then I might have been able to get to the Sahara in time for Ed and Tom to wake the fuck up.

**NaNcY**
04-30-2009, 02:24 AM
mmmmm...after thinking about it for some time, i have to admit...it was pretty lameo of me to drive back and forth. i regret not out my trip better. i was super duper tired by 12:30 on saturday night. i couldnt keep my eyes open

orbit
05-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Going to edit this to say, after watching the YouTube videos, that I should have seen the Killers instead of the Chemical Brothers. At least the first hour, then I might have been able to get to the Sahara in time for Ed and Tom to wake the fuck up.

yeah, we get it. you didn't like the chemical brothers set. did you enjoy girl talk?

karma_guy
05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
1. missing sunday
2. seeing MIA instead of Band of Horses
3. Not going to the sahara enough

oh well, there's always next year!

heyeric
05-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Watching Plublic Enemy & ghetto Flavor Flav.
Waste most of Sunday's time sitting down, & not checking out bands.

All I can say is, It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back.

You don't even understand what you witnessed. That was one of the best surprises of the weekend, even if your not a fan of PE. For them to come out and perform a whole album through like that was killer.

BROKENDOLL
05-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I regret not meeting any boardies. I saw BD and Suff, but they were gone before I could say hey. Next year paganman7, next year...

I'm still kicking my ass for missing Ivankay's board meetup pic! I mean, c'mon...I must have reminded atleast 4 others that morning in camp before heading home to feed the cat and shower! So many of you I wanted to meet were there too! :rolleyes

I regret not giving Paul McCartney enough time to capture my attention and keep me there, but in the same sense, I wouldn't have gotten to dance like I did in the Sahara for over 3 hours.

And, regardless of how strange it seemed to people that we live so close, but camped? I ONLY REGRET THAT WE HADN'T DONE IT SOONER! Seriously, it was like 5 years of having cake, and then finding out what cake's like with icing on it!

Kid B
05-03-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm kind of dissappointed about not seeing more Sahara acts.
Also, anyone want to fill me in on how APTBS was? That was one of my major conflicts and I really wanted to see them but it just didn't seem right skipping Macca.

boarderwoozel3
05-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Missing Beirut for Morrissey
Missing Plump DJs for YYYs
Missing Cohen to get a good spot for Morrissey
Missing No Age & Ida Maria because I was drinking in the campground
Drinking too much during the day on Sun. (almost messed up Sun. evening/night, yay second wind!)

Most of these are 'hindsight is 20/20' type deals so I'm not that bummed.

Ten days later these are all minor regrets. I had one of the best weekends of my life and am still glowing from it :thu

oasis4life2002
05-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Biggest regret 4 me was not seeing Leonard Cohen night one. Ugh i had my mind set that i was gonna see him but ended up in the beer gardens with a friend by the Sahara getting trashed

Geno_g
05-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Ten days later these are all minor regrets. I had one of the best weekends of my life and am still glowing from it :thu

Serious I regret nothing, goes down with the other great weekends at Coachella, Coachella is the type of memories that you can't forget...

PassiveTheory
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah, we get it. you didn't like the chemical brothers set. did you enjoy girl talk?

Not really. It was about as mediocre. At least Girl Talk had lazers, though.

righteousdnk
05-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I regret leaving K'Naan because I couldn't get a good spot. I regret it because I listened to The Dusty Foot Philosopher religiously when it came out a couple years ago.

Xenocide
05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
-missing Craze & Klever and Clipse...

-me leaving Black Keys to catch Ting Tings (only for them to go on 20 min late)

-missing all but the last Ghostland Observatory song (but it couldn't be helped...)

-being too fucked up to enjoy the late nite dome on friday & forced to only enjoy it from my tent...

-not going in early enough on sat. to catch any of cloud cult or p.o.s.

-recommending Liars to anyone...

-leaving Fleet Foxes and Jenny Lewis after the 2nd or 3rd songs... the rolls weren't cooperating, (and missing Booker T entirely... hopefully i can catch all 3 at Bonnaroo)

-watching the 1st half of Chem Bros, instead of the 2nd half...

-somehow getting lost in a maze of candy flipping sat. nite and completely being unaware that Glass Candy was playing...

-i regret the dome not re-opening until well after 2am on saturday nite...

-going in really late on Sunday, missing: The Knux, Mexican Institute, Vivian Girls, No Age, etc.

-being waaay to hot to even come close to enjoying Okkervil River or Lykke Li... and missing Busy P and MANDY as a result.

-i keep hearing how amazing PB&J were, while i was enjoying "Tahitian Moon" in the Sahara...

-not seeing X... and having ZERO recollection of my whereabouts between 7:20-8:05 on Sunday...

-only catching the ends of The Kills, The Orb, Public Enemy, The Cure

-NOT catching the end of EdC...

nbvwes
05-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Girl Talk got the crowd going more than any other Sahara act on Friday...

Ting Tings were the only Sahara act that packed the tent to all four edges the entire weekend (including the underbelly & back)

Chem Bros had the largest crowd OUTSIDE the Sahara, by far...

boarderwoozel3
05-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Not really. It was about as mediocre. At least Girl Talk had lazers, though.

Dude, you should take a look at the youtubes. The Chems had the best lasers of the weekend behind Ghostland.

Bp3dva5VexY

_yizVpxlU8E

Kid B
05-03-2009, 11:58 AM
The Chemical Brothers DJ set kicked all kinds of ass Saturday night. The problem was that people were leaving too early.

boarderwoozel3
05-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't know what those people expected but that's their bad. I had sooo much fun that night. It's too bad so many people seem to be sour grapes about it.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
05-03-2009, 12:05 PM

you should have seen Turbonegro and Mastodon instead! Thoese two hours were the best part of Saturday for me

PassiveTheory
05-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't know what those people expected but that's their bad. I had sooo much fun that night. It's too bad so many people seem to be sour grapes about it.

Like I've already said, I made my way all the way down through the Sahara till' I was about 6 rows back and started dancing but I just wasn't feeling it. The Sahara wasn't lit up and the music just wasn't doing it for me. I mean, if the Chemical Brothers wanted to melt faces for only an hour, they should have been booked for an hour instead of being tepid and minimalist for the first half hour. I can see how some people enjoyed this, and last year I was on the opposite side of the coin (concerning Aphex Twin's show) but yeah, no, really disappointing.

Does this mean I won't see the Chem Bros ever again? Fuck no, it makes me even more interested to see their live show.

portisheadgrl88
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Tylerdurden31;1171683]-leaving Macca early. The first half was just crap, but then when I get to the parking lot I start hearing all these beatles tunes. fucking drunken grampa mccartney.

HAHAH same here when i was going to the parking lot i heard him singing Hey jude and i was pissed i was WAITING :mad: for him to sing some beatles but i was alil drunk and tired and i didnt want to wait so i left.. :( i heard the rest of his set was awesome.. -Shrugs-oh well i saw the first 30mins of his set

boarderwoozel3
05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Like I've already said, I made my way all the way down through the Sahara till' I was about 6 rows back and started dancing but I just wasn't feeling it. The Sahara wasn't lit up and the music just wasn't doing it for me. I mean, if the Chemical Brothers wanted to melt faces for only an hour, they should have been booked for an hour instead of being tepid and minimalist for the first half hour. I can see how some people enjoyed this, and last year I was on the opposite side of the coin (concerning Aphex Twin's show) but yeah, no, really disappointing.

Does this mean I won't see the Chem Bros ever again? Fuck no, it makes me even more interested to see their live show.

Fair enough.

coachellaforever09
05-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I believe Devendra was at the same time as Late of The Pier. I'm glad I saw LOTP, but Devendra would have been so great mi sure...

DJ Sin
05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
My regrets

in 2008 I missed seeing MGMT and now I freaking love them.
in 2007 seeing the Happy Mondays perform. I did like that Tony Wilson got to introduce them and wished I would have left after that.
In 2009 we should have left earlier, getting out on Friday night was a compete mess
So many freaking conflicts this year that I spent most of my time traveling to see Moz and Beirut, Public Enemy, TG and the Cure.
Forgetting bendadryl this year, I am allegric to hay and horses. I had a minor allegric attack on Friday.
buying V.I.P passes, not worth it and stupid me not getting my wristbands before I had went in on Friday. I ended up missing Toxic Airbourne Event.

chilichow
05-05-2009, 11:01 PM
my only regret is not going all 3 days

motionnn77
05-08-2009, 10:58 AM
mmmmm...after thinking about it for some time, i have to admit...it was pretty lameo of me to drive back and forth. i regret not out my trip better. i was super duper tired by 12:30 on saturday night. i couldnt keep my eyes open

Hey NaNcy-

I kept missing you! I'll message you. I guess that goes with my list of regrets of my texts getting to people tres late.:-(

Mickjagger00
01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Leaving Macca's set early on friday. Missing fleet foxes.

RODGERRAMJET
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Jacking-off during the Chemical Brothers--without lube.

dantoro
01-06-2010, 11:14 PM
regrets? i've had a few

Hooking up with that random chick who had her fiance drag her out of the dome. i actually don't regret that but i bet she did.

Thinking that taking one more would make the last two feel better.

3. Not buying a frozen lemonade.

4. watching MIA from the vip beer garden.

moomoo
01-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Trying to not die in front of a mediocre YYYs set instead of going to enjoy Plump DJs. Definitely my hugest regret looking back...

Mak Attack
01-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Missing Beirut for Ghostland Observatory.

CellarOwl
01-07-2010, 07:28 AM
fuuuck, I bet missing that is gonna be on a lot of people's lists.

I was so friggin' stoked when they announced that was what they were playing

I remember leaving MBV around the beginning of 'the holocaust', and lee and salah were like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!', but I had a feeling public enemy wouldn't disappoint. and fuck am I ever glad I went.

I left MBV right at that same time to check out Public Enemy, and it was awesome because of the bleed over from the main stage to every other part of the entire field. It was possibly the only time in history anyone will get to hear something resembling an MBV-PE collab. It was so goddamn bad-ass.

Ha.SK
01-07-2010, 10:33 AM
buying a frozen lemonade.

scoop49er
01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
i should of fucked a girl that i met through this board and was cool as fuck!!.... just didnt...

Coachella Bound
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
not rolling for Ghostland

getbetter
01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
bring my Girlfriend *drumroll* ...lol

fatbastard
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Not walking barefooted on the grass.

rskapcat
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
iPeXfmGMdaM

First thing I think of when someone mentions regret.

Mickjagger00
01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Leonard Cohen,Fleet Foxes, and the ting tings

TallGuyCM
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Not taking enough drugs.

RevDru
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Missing White Lies.

michaelmontanez
02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
not heeding my uncles advice to catch LOTP

weeklymix
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
ordering crab fries

yeah this.

ballroomdancer22
02-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Etienne De Crecy over anything is regrettable

DFrank
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Listening to my friends that told me to sit down with them for a good 40 minutes while Chemical Brothers were playing.

lickety_spit
02-05-2010, 12:14 AM
not getting stoned.
not once.
and i blame OnlyNonStranger.

EverGreen407
02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Going to see Hot Chip instead of Death Cab. Only because I was also seeing Hot Chip that following Monday at the Mayan.

Theijuiel
02-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Missing Junior Boys because I was waiting for a friend to return from the bathroom and wanted a good spot for The Chem Bros.

michaelmontanez
02-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Missing Junior Boys because I was waiting for a friend to return from the bathroom and wanted a good spot for The Chem Bros.

Funny... one of my 2007 regrets was watching Junior Boys, I almost fell asleep, and was standing on the awkward border where the people sitting down met with the people standing up.

Hannahrain
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't think I hugged my children enough.

Chelaw
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
being poor and not going last year.

Aurgasm
02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
ordering crab fries

what are crab fries?

amyzzz
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Buying Saturday tickets for my entourage instead of Friday tickets. :nono I hate that my husband and co missed out on Paul, who was AMAZING.

dorkfish
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM
what are crab fries?
garlic fries covered in aoil and canned crab meat

rskapcat
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Just reading the description gave me the voms. Then I thought of eating that in the heat. VOMS.

rage patton
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Missing Beirut for Ghostland Observatory.

Ummm.... I stayed for 40 minutes of Ghostland and then went over to Beirut and only missed two songs.

How did you manage to miss all of Beirut because of Ghostland?

Melinda5000
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Regret comming late and leaving early, as well as not camping. Will change for 2010.

SydChaplin25
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Regret not buying that kick ass MIA t-shirt...

AlexBlewHimB4U
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
-being on mushrooms and not fully enjoying Leonard Cohen or Beirut
-going to the bro and bitch fest that was Girl Talk's set
-leaving Public Enemy early to see Groove Armada
-being so tired from being up all night rolling balls to make it to Friendly Fires on Sunday

juloxx
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
This dime I know went up to me rolling balls and asked me to "do cool ecstasy shit to her."

I did not take advantage of this at all :(

citizenerased
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Leaving half way through Silversun Pickups' set to go wait for Paul McCartney's set up time and first mediocre 6 or so songs. SSPU were tearing it up, the sound and lights at the Outdoor stage were great.

fiopadp7791
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
not attending...

Rumforever
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
crappy chemical brothers set. missed Atmosphere for it, but by sticking through it I had a great spot for MSTRKRFT's set.

gooftroop
02-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Getting separated from my girlfriend on Sunday, leaving my backpack unattended, girlfriend's wallet subsequently goes missing. Lost cell phone and could not contact her. Was able to retrieve cell phone at lost and found but no wallet. Find out later $400 was charged on her card (where did they do this @ coachella, merch shop) plus the $100+ in cash we had in there that we lost. Shitty ending to a great weekend.

alex gardner
02-08-2010, 03:30 AM
This dime I know went up to me rolling balls and asked me to "do cool ecstasy shit to her."

I did not take advantage of this at all :(

http://x21.xanga.com/919b115b52420213781188/z22721426.jpg

mickflyy
03-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Leaving half way through Silversun Pickups' set to go wait for Paul McCartney's set up time and first mediocre 6 or so songs. SSPU were tearing it up, the sound and lights at the Outdoor stage were great.

nooooooooo..... im sorry man
Plus Paul's set sucked for the first half that I saw (other than the Hendrix cover).

Distorted_Jungle
03-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Not seeing Roni Size Reprazent

Getting my hopes up for the Bloody Beetroots & Chemical Brothers just to get let down by average sets.

gaypalmsprings
03-16-2010, 06:41 AM
No regrets. NASCAR, baby!

elChurro
03-16-2010, 08:40 AM
sneaking in tequila and drinking frozen margaritas all day and night without being corralled with heineken herd... oh wait, that was a 09 highlight, never mind.

DjPhysix
03-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Just realized that this thread is kind of a downer thread. Suggestion for title change: "Coachella 2009 regrets and lessons learned"