PDA

View Full Version : MBV ... i don't get it

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Let's start this up right because i want to take the onslaught of music snob posters on this board head on.

F all you shoegazing alt crowd hipsters.

What MBV did was the equivalent of me detuning the hell out of my guitar, turning up the distortion on my pedal, turning up all the levels on my amp, cranking up the volume and kicking the guitar repeatedly while standing next to an unplugged microphone and moving my mouth without singing anything.

That was crap. I know you all will accuse me of not getting it or being a *** or whatever other simple minded conclusions you morons can come up with (lots of you can't even spell 'genius' correctly while claiming MBV is the best ever).

I am glad i left after YYYs. I was trying to enjoy my beer during the "epic" 15 min crap-o-caust. Instead i was treated to the headache inducing no talent spew that you all consider to be brilliant and amazing.

I know i know "You don't get it man" No I don't and i am glad. I am glad i don't get that shit. Keep that crap back in the 90s where it died.

I am not a Cure fan, but you all make fun of the cure fans who disliked MBV with self gratifying stuck up giddiness, and i think in the interest of fairness there needs to be a thread expressing just how much MBV sucks.

JelloPuddingChat
04-21-2009, 12:51 AM
If you already know what we think, then why even post. There's actually a lot of coordination and stamina that goes into the holocaust. To recreate the recording sounds live is a skill on its own and why so many people want to know what the amps are dialed in at or what gear they use. I'm sorry you didn't feel the same way, but being an asshole about it will not help.

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Well everyone is being an asshole about people who don't like it, so I'll be an asshole back.

suprefan
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Well you are from Texass after all. You are entitled to your opinion, fine, say it, and let it be. A lot of people enjoyed it, some people didnt like it, and some people just didnt understand. Thats alright, you made your choice, at least you had an open mind and you wanna talk about it.

pocket
04-21-2009, 01:07 AM
I am glad i left after YYYs. I was trying to enjoy my beer during the "epic" 15 min crap-o-caust. Instead i was treated to the headache inducing no talent spew that you all consider to be brilliant and amazing.

so you left after the YYY's but you are still bitching about a band you, what seems like, were not watching... interesting.

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 01:22 AM
so you left after the YYY's but you are still bitching about a band you, what seems like, were not watching... interesting.

Yes, because in your world, you cannot hear other bands unless you are standing right in front of them...you even quoted that i was trying to enjoy my beer during the shit storm that is hailed as epic and genius...

I might actually have the draw the picture for you but i'll explain...I was at the beer garden juxtaposed to the right of the main stage (if you are looking at the map) where i ordered my beer and was forced to stay in that area until finished. Because sound travels in waves and not in a straight direction, i was exposed to MBV even if i wasn't watching....

Interesting?

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Well you are from Texass after all. You are entitled to your opinion, fine, say it, and let it be. A lot of people enjoyed it, some people didnt like it, and some people just didnt understand. Thats alright, you made your choice, at least you had an open mind and you wanna talk about it.

As much as others who are so humored and satisfied that fans of the cure were forced to endure MBV. Yes I'd love to talk about it, or how my being from texas is relevant. (truth be told i've only lived in texas for a little under 2 years)

suprefan
04-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Cause Im not going to sit here and make fun of your music taste cause I know better, so only insulting your place of residency is easier. Oh and In N Out > Whattaburger.

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 01:35 AM
Cause Im not going to sit here and make fun of your music taste cause I know better, so only insulting your place of residency is easier. Oh and In N Out > Whattaburger.

lmao, i dislike them both... (but seriously if i had a choice...Whattaburger > In N Out...i lived in vegas for 5 years)

pocket
04-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes, because in your world, you cannot hear other bands unless you are standing right in front of them...you even quoted that i was trying to enjoy my beer during the shit storm that is hailed as epic and genius...

I might actually have the draw the picture for you but i'll explain...I was at the beer garden juxtaposed to the right of the main stage (if you are looking at the map) where i ordered my beer and was forced to stay in that area until finished. Because sound travels in waves and not in a straight direction, i was exposed to MBV even if i wasn't watching....

Interesting?

i dunno, maybe you were enjoying a beer in the port o potties or something, you kids from texas seem to love the beer and find ways to sneak it in.

oh and if you left after the yyy's to grab a beer and caught YMMR (that was MBV's last song) it took you well over an hour to get and drink one beer?

so you didnt like mbv oh well, you should have stayed by the stage to experience it, but i assume you were not there to experience new things, just see what you already liked.

if you hated MBV i am going to guess you didnt see throbbing gristle either, or you would have posted another one of these type of things, or if you caught no age....

Jman4321
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I just like noise. And I can see how many don't. Honestly, having MBV come on and do that section with zero warning to the general crowd is a little bitchy but c'est la vie. I suppose it's a story for those who didn't see it coming.

nsilva1380
04-21-2009, 02:20 AM
i dunno, maybe you were enjoying a beer in the port o potties or something, you kids from texas seem to love the beer and find ways to sneak it in.

oh and if you left after the yyy's to grab a beer and caught YMMR (that was MBV's last song) it took you well over an hour to get and drink one beer?

so you didnt like mbv oh well, you should have stayed by the stage to experience it, but i assume you were not there to experience new things, just see what you already liked.

if you hated MBV i am going to guess you didnt see throbbing gristle either, or you would have posted another one of these type of things, or if you caught no age....

Actually I was watching the horrors which was kind of a mistake because i only wanted to hear Sheena's a Parasite and they didn't play it and soon into their set i wasn't into their "image" which they were trying too hard to portray. Then i got the beer.

Was my first time at Coachella and I was there mainly for YYYs (love them!). I do need to learn to spend my time better seeing other acts. That's my new promise...but i would have disliked MBV either way...what i heard was not intriguing in the slightest.

bug on your lip
04-21-2009, 06:50 AM
i'm happy you didn't get it

cormaic
04-21-2009, 06:51 AM

This is a good way to get people to discount your shitty opinion before reading whatever bullshit you posted after it, thanks

the long grift
04-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Let's start this up right because i want to take the onslaught of music snob posters on this board head on.

What MBV did was the equivalent of me detuning the hell out of my guitar, turning up the distortion on my pedal, turning up all the levels on my amp, cranking up the volume and kicking the guitar repeatedly while standing next to an unplugged microphone and moving my mouth without singing anything.

That was crap. I know you all will accuse me of not getting it or being a *** or whatever other simple minded conclusions you morons can come up with (lots of you can't even spell 'genius' correctly while claiming MBV is the best ever).

I know i know "You don't get it man" No I don't and i am glad. I am glad i don't get that shit. Keep that crap back in the 90s where it died.

I am not a Cure fan, but you all make fun of the cure fans who disliked MBV with self gratifying stuck up giddiness, and i think in the interest of fairness there needs to be a thread expressing just how much MBV sucks.

I actually agree, in so many words.... I respect them, because they must have done something right, but I was nowhere near there...

Just because whatever mags, or whomever tells you it is remarkable, and I hate the word, " influential", does not make it good.

dj-atom
04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
MBV suck and bigest waste of my life ever

Chris_of_doom
04-21-2009, 07:12 AM

I love MBV.
If you would listen to there album's you would see there not untalented or whatever.
Then maybe if you heard them live you could put it together.
you know?
In Short: you dont get it

so instead of acting like a dick and making a thread about things you hate bacause you dont underestand go walk your dog or something.

Man also: "F all you shoegazing alt crowd hipsters."
What's with that? bacause anybody who listens to these genres listens to MBV.?
stfu

alternapop
04-21-2009, 08:07 AM
buy yourself a good pair of headphones, and i don't mean a $30 pair... turn the lights out... and immerse yourself in Loveless... and don't use some crappy 128 kbps rip... that is the only way to give these guys a fair shot. otherwise i think you'll never get it.

these are really good quality headphones for a decent price...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Headphones-Voice/dp/B00001WRSJ/alternapopcom-20

alternapop
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM
MBV suck and bigest waste of my life ever

your nickname says it all. go turn some knobs and pretend you're a musician.

DHARMA2112
04-21-2009, 08:30 AM
lmao, i dislike them both... (but seriously if i had a choice...Whattaburger > In N Out...i lived in vegas for 5 years)

You just fail at life in every category. Go away please.

algunz
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
If you knew, you'd know.

*SURREAL*
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
i could hear and see how to play like that would be hard . i sat through it , gave it a chance , and was getting annoyed . i didnt like it .

indietron
04-21-2009, 08:40 AM

Please go do that and tell us how it goes.

If you listened to the holocaust with earplugs, you wouldve realized how coordinated and intricate everything was. Your ears simply couldnt handle it because of volume.

JebusLives
04-21-2009, 09:59 AM
OK, you didn't like them. They're not for everyone. Why the fucking insults? Its interesting though how anyone who didn't love them is flat out ANGRY at them for playing. Very curious, and sort of amusing.

I left MIA because i thought it was crap, but i'm not like, mad as hell at her for existing.

paganman7
04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I love whenever someone expresses dislike for a band, they are told they "just don't get it".

You people make me laugh.

chunk
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
That was crap. I know you all will accuse me of not getting it or being a *** or whatever other simple minded conclusions you morons can come up with

do you like fishsticks?