PDA

View Full Version : THE DOME

ClassicCultRecords
04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
sucked.
is it me or did no one show up friday and it was gay.
and did daedelus and flying lotus show up?
man fuck the dome.

was ac slater there?
and felix cartal? sunday?
cuz i didnt go.

but friday, tissssssssss, WACKZOS.

man im dissapointed.

actually not, man coachella is awesome, except the dome.

SURKIN #1 INSTITUBES RECORDS PARA ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGH POWERED BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/surkin

cansei de ser sexme
04-20-2009, 08:04 PM
surkin is like 12.

ClassicCultRecords
04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
surkin is like 12.

dude thats fucking funny, fuck no, dude, im 16 man he's a super short guy.
nah man he cant be 12,
man he looks funny, man i took a picture with him hahahahahahahahahaha

michaelmontanez
04-21-2009, 08:29 AM
I was dozing off on Sunday, and the dome was trippin' me out, felix cartel and LA riots sounded pretty good.

lowfront
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
the dome for campers was super disappointing.....

thought the djs from that day were suppose to spin at night...

instead we get the same ass spinning dubstep all night every night

Dogvolta
04-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I thoroughly enjoyd LA Riot over Etienne

Spongehead56
04-21-2009, 09:54 AM

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

CalmerThanYou
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
i think it was the location that made it fail, always way to far to go check out....

Dogvolta
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
i think it was the location that made it fail, always way to far to go check out....

100% correct

johnnypolite
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
I didn't think that the late night Dome was that bad.

greghead
04-21-2009, 03:22 PM
FlyLo was the only reason I went to the dome, and he certainly did not disappoint.

Geno_g
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM
The dome was only good after the show was over and we went back in from the campgrounds that was a great idea for the campers...

PrettyRagdoll
04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
The Dome was nothing short of amazing Thursday night.... Until the Dubstep started and slowed things WAY down

jgd855
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
it was pretty obvious the location was a huge failure, not only because of the distance from everything else but because of the amount of light near where it was. take a look at the difference in the dome in 2007 and 2009.

EjWzW5D3krc&feature=related

SUydKBq4Cpk

Dogvolta
04-22-2009, 02:14 PM
it was pretty obvious the location was a huge failure, not only because of the distance from everything else but because of the amount of light near where it was. take a look at the difference in the dome in 2007 and 2009.

EjWzW5D3krc&feature=related

SUydKBq4Cpk

WOW. Someone fucked up something fierce this year for the dome.

beckith
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
AC Slater did in fact do a set Sunday night, and it was pretty good considering the lack of an energetic crowd (although he messed up at one point. lulz, but it was perfect the way he brushed it off. "GUYS, I JUST FUCKED UP. WHATEVER, I'M DRUNK. GO CRAZY COACHELLA.") Same with Treasure Fingers who also did a set right after.

Such a bummer considering how talented both DJs are that no one really took the time to walk the distance to check them out. I felt so alone dancing in that ridiculous dome that night. :(

well, that's a lie. There was an awesome chick totally diggin' the music as well and we just rocked out together. So yeah, it was still major good times.

Dogvolta
04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah. I left EDC to dance at the Dome. The bass in there was fucking amazing. I started dancing like no one was watching. After about 5 minutes there were 3 women and 2 guys and myself all dancing together.
I had dust boogers after that.
Oh and like 3 minutes before the Dome ended some chick was walking around (amazingly beautiful) asking each one of us if we could hook her up with E. soooorrrrrrryyyyy. I think she said she was from Canada and didn't know anybody, aw.

beckith
04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah. I left EDC to dance at the Dome. The bass in there was fucking amazing. I started dancing like no one was watching. After about 5 minutes there were 3 women and 2 guys and myself all dancing together.

ENVYYYYY.

I left Treasure Fingers early so that I could get a decent spot in the Sahara for EDC and I stayed for the entire set. Do you understand how heartbroken I am from forcing myself to stay? (well actually I was forced against my will since my disturbing amount of merch was at the bottom of a pile of other random's things. Note to self: buy online when you get home. dummy.)

dantoro
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
What they need is a private opium den / hooka lounge kind of setting with couches and rugs for all the tired coachellans to rest after a long long day in the sun. The dome was no such place, the music was turned WAY DOWN and there was no place to sit other than.... the ground.... in the bright floodlights.... with security pacing around shining lights on your smoke in hopes of busting you with a marijuana cigarette.
But I still had fun and danced a bit there.

the dome is fail

coachellaforever09
05-02-2009, 04:35 PM
man....it was SOO SOOOO much better in 2007! haha!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
05-02-2009, 08:26 PM
sucked.
is it me or did no one show up friday and it was gay.
and did daedelus and flying lotus show up?
man fuck the dome.

was ac slater there?
and felix cartal? sunday?
cuz i didnt go.

but friday, tissssssssss, WACKZOS.

man im dissapointed.

actually not, man coachella is awesome, except the dome.

SURKIN #1 INSTITUBES RECORDS PARA ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGH POWERED BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.myspace.com/surkin

gtfo
obviously you weren't there Saturday
what fail you are
you are here by banished from coachella

they had some problems with the sound on friday but sat. and sunday it was banging
you just suck

PC-2 Violence
05-02-2009, 09:48 PM

QFT.

matsuolost
05-03-2009, 03:29 AM
man....it was SOO SOOOO much better in 2007! haha!

actually, it was much better in 06
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2705286605_58f0eb5a08.jpg?v=0
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/142086786_d4d3eed49c_o.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/141659882_c1a980f626.jpg?v=0
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/168207373_aab29e6eb8.jpg?v=0
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/__matsuo__/---THE%20COACH%2006---/PICT0043.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/__matsuo__/---THE%20COACH%2006---/PICT0045.jpg

that shit was blasting on sunday night
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/__matsuo__/pull%20a%20coach/Picture3-1.png

Dogvolta
05-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Seriously. Who dropped the ball on the dome this year? SO GOOD the other years it was there, just about everything about it this year was a let down.

busyD
05-04-2009, 02:25 PM
i really enjoyed treasure fingers and felix cartal. i just caught the last bit of la riots but really wish i would've seen the whole thing. but overall it was super lame. i tried to get my dome on friday night but they had us waiting in a line forever so i said fuck it. and on sunday i think it would've been really a good idea to bum rush the dome with mass of people stomping around with a parachute.

Jakewc151
05-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Only day I paid attention to the dome this year was Thursday night. I did like the location of it this year compared to years past because that fucker used to bleed all over the fields.

Anyway, Thursday night was cool until the end of it.. Got really slow and repetitive. I also hated the fact how the security working didn't know if it was open to campers or not until like 2 hours after they were supposed to be open. I did like being able to bring in opened containers :)

boarderwoozel3
05-07-2009, 12:06 AM
The dome was sweet for camper after hours, fantastic addition. Didn't use it during regular Coachella hours.

weeklymix
05-07-2009, 02:51 AM
dude thats fucking funny, fuck no, dude, im 16 man he's a super short guy.
nah man he cant be 12,
man he looks funny, man i took a picture with him hahahahahahahahahaha

alias?

joppy-slow
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
AC Slater did in fact do a set Sunday night, and it was pretty good considering the lack of an energetic crowd (although he messed up at one point. lulz, but it was perfect the way he brushed it off. "GUYS, I JUST FUCKED UP. WHATEVER, I'M DRUNK. GO CRAZY COACHELLA.") Same with Treasure Fingers who also did a set right after.

Such a bummer considering how talented both DJs are that no one really took the time to walk the distance to check them out. I felt so alone dancing in that ridiculous dome that night. :(

well, that's a lie. There was an awesome chick totally diggin' the music as well and we just rocked out together. So yeah, it was still major good times.

well said.. I luv TreasureFingers - one of my favorite dj's at the moment.... he definitely needed a spot in the Sahara..they could have easily replaced a lot of the dome talent. Put Fairy, Ferrel, Busy P, Aoki out in the dome and let TreasureFingers, Daedulus, Felix Cartel and Flying Lotus play the sahara..

I also agree.. it's all about location, location, location.. even with the sound bleeds from other stages.. i remember seeing cut chemist in the dome during2007.. amazing show..

grind
05-07-2009, 11:14 AM
The dome being open at night for campers was an awesome idea and I definitely had fun in there. I would have liked them to switch it up though, I heard a bit too much dub step which I can only get into for so long.

As for the dome during regular festival hours, it was a good idea to have it all sectioned off for sound reasons, but I remember walking from the sahara to the dome and it took a while, especially when trying to catch parts of multiple sets.

I still had a blast whenever I was there though. Everybody seemed to be having a really good time and the sound was awesome.

flowbee
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
It was a good landmark for when you want to head toward the exits or meet someone after the day was through.

MantisMel
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
The Dome was the best idea ever for Thursday night. I was way too spent to go anyother night.