PDA

View Full Version : Funny things you saw/overheard

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

quicksand
04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
While waiting at the merch booth to get my Chemical Brothers shirt, I heard a couple 13-14 year old kids talking. One of them said "...And yeah, they're just the kind of band who NEVER plays in America, and then maybe every couple years they'll do one show here.. So I have to see them. That's why I saw Aphex Twin last year and he ended up killing it." He then proceeded to buy a TRV$-DJAM shirt. Fuck that.

Saw a couple people eat shit in those holes on the dirt path into Coachella that are pathetically covered by an orange cone. Sort of sucked for them, but still pretty funny at the same time.

Saw this guy and girl tripping BAWLZ towards the end of MSTRKRFT. They were just doing really weird dances and rubbing eachothers hair for so fucking long. The guy kept trying to swoop in and mac on the girl but she would turn away right before he kissed her. That probably happened 15 times in a row. Shut down every time.

seanxpaul
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
paris hilton crouching in the middle of the crowd during chem bros to smoke a bowl..

El.C.Dub
04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
was dancing with a girlfriend of mine during groove armada and feel some one brushing up against my shoulder. I look over and its Tara Reid.

LameCake
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
- A couple of 15 year old kids out side my tent.
Kid1: "Hey let me get a hit of that."
Kid2: "Naw dude I only have 6 hit of meth in my tent"
Kid1: "Do you at least have a spoon?"

- This really weird looking guy dancing real weird in the Sahara, during Felix Da House Cat. He was near the back, he was just making really weird movements and stuff. I'll post pictures when I can, can't upload right now.

- LErOYYYYY!!!!!! People woke me up looking for Leroy.

- People on the same channel as my walkitalki, talking shit to them. "Hey do you like fish sticks?"
I know there was more, just can't think right now......Muscle relaxers be relaxing my brain.

LooseAtTheZoo
04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
The ten year old kid who wasn't wearing earplugs during MBV.

cormaic
04-20-2009, 07:38 PM
The four year old crawling at her dad's feet during Murder City Devils (no earplugs)

I can't remember who I was watching, might have been fleet foxes, but a guy shouted to his friends "just pretend you're calling someone in the crowd and move in to get a good spot"

Then he screamed out "steven!" and pushed people out of the way

cansei de ser sexme
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
during bloody beetroots this chick felt up my ass and I turned around and she looked all embarrassed and fucking bolted. I assume she thought I was someone else.

Also I saw someone who looked like they were making out with an apple. then I look close and they took the stem out and made a bong out of an apple. It was sick. I dont know how common this is but i lold.

fatbastard
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
One girl saying to another girl who were walking away from Bloody Beetroots, "it's a Daft Punk kind of thing".

ThrillaChella76
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
On Saturday on the way in, my buddies and I saw a guy in a red hatchback try to make it through the mud lake and he got completely stuck. Kid Rock then rode by on a golf cart and said "You better go help him out now". Well we did.

cansei de ser sexme
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/cansei-de-ser-sexme/DSCN1855.jpg

later on there was a "hot" above coachella.

LameCake
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
-

- This really weird looking guy dancing real weird in the Sahara, during Felix Da House Cat. He was near the back, he was just making really weird movements and stuff. I'll post pictures when I can, can't upload right now.

Sorry for blurry picture, i think he was moving just too much, plus I didn't take it.
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_f7ec2e8b401e4282850cc6cba21d21ea.jpg

digitaldragon03
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
This rad dude who had rad 80's glasses in the Sahara Sunday night held up a sign, "I need acid"

anonimouse
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
"im not sticking around for some wannabe tom waits!" - some girl pushing by us trying to leave the crowd at leonard cohen as fast as possible

pancakespancakes
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Anytime someone asked me for ecstacy and/or psychedelics, I couldn't help but just laugh really really hard. Story of my life...

Grant
04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
"Girls get on the dance floor" or whatever floating in the sky above the Mojave (I think) tent.

LameCake
04-20-2009, 08:19 PM
"Girls get on the dance floor" or whatever floating in the sky above the Mojave (I think) tent.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_85350a572d9345f5ac1122f527546717.jpg

Also..MOAR BEES!

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_2d654c8839d74c5abeba1a48d97b8ef0.jpg

im_a_starfish
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
The four year old crawling at her dad's feet during Murder City Devils (no earplugs)

I can't remember who I was watching, might have been fleet foxes, but a guy shouted to his friends "just pretend you're calling someone in the crowd and move in to get a good spot"

Then he screamed out "steven!" and pushed people out of the way

hahahahhaha
witnessing that would of made me less bitter about people who do that
cause dats funny

r1ckola
04-20-2009, 08:25 PM
When in line to enter, dude w/ megaphone was warning about prelim drug checks blah blah........to which I heard the reply..."we're just gonnna smuggle it in our buttholes anyways"!

Mr.Nipples
04-20-2009, 08:26 PM
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/cansei-de-ser-sexme/DSCN1855.jpg

later on there was a "hot" above coachella.

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when walking to the entrance porto's to retrieve my drugs from my shoe, i heard a girl complain that 'it still smells like period blood'. i dont know what she was referring too, it looked like she was pointing to something on her dress.

some kid little shit redhead who looked no older than 8 walking up to me asking for shrooms...

ThrillaChella76
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
A dude in red onesy Pajamas offering free hugs

ThrillaChella76
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Also, this is more nasty than funny, but I opened up one of the outhouses to do the good deed and there was a pile of poop on the floor and I mean a huge one!. I said FAIL and moved to the next one.

Veggie Burger
04-20-2009, 08:35 PM

A guy was standing next to him for a while with a sign that read "free chest bumps"

boarderwoozel3
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Kingsblend420 aka Ryan PLURing on everyone within sight in the Sahara tent.

The parking lot drinking crew on Sunday night. Random good times.

cormaic
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I just remembered, Friday, like an hour after the festivities began, i was walking to my locker to put some merchandise in it when I see the fence bend down, and a girl comes shooting out over it, on top of the lockers, and on to the grounds. security notices, and she bolts. Security is too slow to catch her, but as they're trying ANOTHER man jumps the fence, runs a little, then just walks by cool and collected. Meanwhile the people nearby are cheering both of them on.

quicksand
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
This rad dude who had rad 80's glasses in the Sahara Sunday night held up a sign, "I need acid"

I was right next to him

Hugged him

Thief of Fire
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
"This sunset kind of sucks. I've seen better."

cansei de ser sexme
04-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I just remembered, Friday, like an hour after the festivities began, i was walking to my locker to put some merchandise in it when I see the fence bend down, and a girl comes shooting out over it, on top of the lockers, and on to the grounds. security notices, and she bolts. Security is too slow to catch her, but as they're trying ANOTHER man jumps the fence, runs a little, then just walks by cool and collected. Meanwhile the people nearby are cheering both of them on.

Thats like clapping for someone who successfully robs a bank after you have worked hard to put money in the bank.

ThrillaChella76
04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Also two more things I just remembered:

1) In the line to get in on Sunday, I saw two girls drinking "vodka" in their water bottles and teasing each other and pretending their water was vodka. (Stupid). The cops/security near the line were giving them strange looks.

2) Saturday at the beginning of The Chems a guy got tackled right next to me by a bunch of narcs and dragged away. Happened in the space of a few seconds and me and buddies as well as the people around us, where like wtf was that. This was at the back of the tent in the middle.

im_a_starfish
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
"This sunset kind of sucks. I've seen better."

hahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trillis
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM

I saw him too. At one point he was standing with the sign net to four cops.

Hedonism
04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Some guy in a red shirt rolling absolute balls during Peter, Bjorn, and John dancing his ass off by the water refill tent screaming "HOW CAN YOU NOT DANCE TO THIS SHIT!" I can expect that in the Sahara but during PB+J??? It was completely out of place.

Raptor Clinton
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
"I hate the way Henry Rollins was, like, talking"

WizardIsAboutToDie
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
"I can smell burning flesh and I hope to God it is human"

Trillis
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Didn't any of you see the naked guy get tazed at the back of the Sahara? This was only my second Coach, but I know that moment will burned into my brain for the some years to come. Some of the funniest shit I've ever witnessed!

boarderwoozel3
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
"I can smell burning flesh and I hope to God it is human"
QFT :mad:

CitizenJ
04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
- A couple of 15 year old kids out side my tent.
Kid1: "Hey let me get a hit of that."
Kid2: "Naw dude I only have 6 hit of meth in my tent"
Kid1: "Do you at least have a spoon?"

The number of little kids smoking pot at the dr. Dog show was mind blowing. i mean they looked like 12 year olds. i knew younger kids smoked weed, but these were like "kids". it was pretty startling. Maybe I'm starting to sound like an old man at the age of 23, but thats just me.

westcoastpirate
04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Didn't any of you see the naked guy get tazed at the back of the Sahara? This was only my second Coach, but I know that moment will burned into my brain for the some years to come. Some of the funniest shit I've ever witnessed!

Yes! Friday before Crystal Castles by the VIP bar near the Sahara. I was like WTF? I walked right behind him and he was screaming something crazy to the cops. They were looking at each other like, Im not touching this guy, you grab him!

CitizenJ
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
- This Bald fat guy in his 40's who was wearing what appeared to be a blue soccer jeresy just totally freaking out and dancing in a circle (no one wanted to touch him) in white lies. i wish i had a better means to record video, i would have taken one, but this guy was clearly tripping balls, and stumbling into people and disturbing everyone in the area.

- Guy who was pissing ON the porta-poty, not inside it, over by the Mojave before the kills.

- this guy dancing like, what i just have to describe as being a spaz, during Peter Bjorn & John and then turning around and mumbling something to me. asked him to repeated and offered me a drink of his Coachella water-bottle full of Vodka.

CrimesceneCookie
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Opening up a porta-john door on Friday and being surprised by the sight of a guy getting a BJ from a girl. Pretty sure they wanted to be discovered.

Also, I saw the naked guy on Friday getting taken down.
My friends have pictures and video of this apparantly.

eskamo951
04-20-2009, 09:52 PM
-I saw the dreaded midget walk past our campsite on Thursday...all I could do was point and gasp...he was out of sight before I could shout "He's back!"

-The Australian guy who camped with us was passed out drunk in a chair Sunday night when I got back from the festival. The Texans proceeded to throw beers can at him

-While tripping Sunday night, a hippie kept randomly walking by our campsite with a windsock-type thing waving behind her.

phonographer
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM

I got one of those.

crawford
04-20-2009, 10:04 PM
The naked guy, well he was wearing a neon green bana hammock stretched over his shoulders, in the Sahara tent on Sunday. He kept pulling the "coverage" to the side and grinding on all who looked and took pics. Anyone have pics, cause that was so funny.

unknown
04-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Far from the main stage close to the do lab during the Cure, this chic in a TINY bikini/thong was dancing her ASS off! Her butt cheeks were just flying everywhere she was having so much fun. The faces on people as they passed and noticed her was great! I wish I took video....

My brother saw some kids that he says were like 6 years old smoking cigarettes up during Franz Ferdinand I think...

NicoDread
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I saw probably the same little redhead kid.. no more than 10 years old. He was next to me in the front for the Black Keys and was smoking cigarettes, I also saw him in the Mojave tent when No Age finished, smoking a joint this time.

elbrycen
04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Some guy in a red shirt rolling absolute balls during Peter, Bjorn, and John dancing his ass off by the water refill tent screaming "HOW CAN YOU NOT DANCE TO THIS SHIT!" I can expect that in the Sahara but during PB+J??? It was completely out of place.

dude, i saw that guy. i was rolling balls too, so i started dancing and it all made sense.

Still-ill
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
During MSTRKRFT I was hanging with this guy who was rolling for the first time, and while talking to him he pointed over my shoulder and screamed in a high pitched voice, "Fucking Face!" Some guy had a shirt with Groucho Marx on it. I also did some hyper speed karate chops in front of him which resulted in some hilarious/toddler like facial expressions.

Coachellian
04-20-2009, 11:07 PM
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/aajarrell/Coachella2009374.jpg

Regulan
04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Some guy jumped the fence from the beer garden to VIP. He landed flat on his back on a bunch of cardboard boxes, lucky for him. He ran off right past me and a group of cleaners. I laughed, they didn't.

LameCake
04-21-2009, 12:45 AM
The number of little kids smoking pot at the dr. Dog show was mind blowing. i mean they looked like 12 year olds. i knew younger kids smoked weed, but these were like "kids". it was pretty startling. Maybe I'm starting to sound like an old man at the age of 23, but thats just me.

Yeah I've seen 12 year old kids smoke pot, I don't agree with it completely(maybe a little too young) but it's nothing out of the ordinary to me. But still, even the kids that are like 10 and roll, scare me. These kids are going to have a hard time going through puberty, and growing.

montezdotcom
04-21-2009, 01:00 AM
1. During I think YYYs set, did anyone else see the sign that someone was holding up that said "show me your boobies"? The sign had a drawing of an erect penis exploding all over a pair of tits. Cool I guess?

2. During Devendra Banhart, I overhear a few people talking about how they recognized someone on stage, in the VIP section. They then realize that it's Flea, the bassist from the Chili Peppers. He was just chillin up there.

3. I met DJ Skeet Skeet. A well-know DJ and the DJ for the band Shwayze. That was pretty cool.

4. I caught up with Busy P after his set.

5. And I definitely saw Greg Gellis aka Girl Talk during TV on the Radio on Saturday. He was wearing a blue bandana, blue shirt, and cut-off gray sweat pants. Did anyone else see him? I'll post a picture of him later.

BROKENDOLL
04-21-2009, 01:04 AM
My ass was starting to drag by Sunday and I made the mistake of starting my the day with a "wake n' bake." I ended up chilling at our tent until about 3pm before going in. I told suffacated to go ahead and I'd catch up with him at the Sahara. By 3:30 or so, I was almost feeling it and figured I'd better get going so he wouldn't worry. A soon as I started getting my shit together to go, suffacated comes back literally crawling into our tent, eyes glazed, mumbling something about stopping to talk to Feather and friends for abit, and feeling like he was a turtle. (He claims he heard that was the newest term this year...???) Honest to God, I haven't seen him that buzzed in a long time! LOL LOL Thanks again PAW for hanging onto his forgotten camera until later that nite!:lips

Wheres the beef?
04-21-2009, 01:15 AM
- Guy who was pissing ON the porta-poty, not inside it, over by the Mojave before the kills.

Was he wearing a black hat and a black shirt?

lickety_spit
04-21-2009, 02:10 AM
i saw a funny vip wristband on the ground by the merch tent late saturday night. while inside the vip area, i found this hilarious main stage wristband on the ground by the bar. i really didn't think i'd have any use for it on sunday, but i ended up using it quite a bit. el oh el.

homEsick
04-21-2009, 02:12 AM
eff it! i hate typing in the dark! i always click command r instead of t. there goes my long message

anyways - these fat chicks dancing at lucent dossier http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs038.snc1/3324_88942630912_670160912_2218387_2075625_n.jpg some dude yelled at them to stop and they got up in his face saying how not cool it was

some girl rolling on the ground having a bad trip while a big dude was "secretly" trying to snort coke right next to us

all the high people staring at the coloured balls changing and shouting everytime something changed

the dude on e at the killers that was trying to get everyone to clap with him. kept rubbing his face and body and looked so happy/ saw him again at the presets but i was dancing too much to notice anything after that

the napoleon dynamite guy that was front right at the main stage sunday morning. he sounded so serious about every little thing he said.

all the high people that were tripping about my shoes, posted in the shoes thread.

and my favourite - my gf and i were chilling a bit away from the main stage when some stoner walked past us and came back and crouched down and started talking to my gf he said "you're like a real life snow white. she had the whitest skin. the darkest hair. the reddest lips. you're just like snow white" then walked off. i was laughing so much

MJ 6687
04-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Some guy came up to me while I was waiting in line for my lemonade..."I am 25 cents away from getting a snow cone. I really just want a snow cone. Can you spare a nickle." I had no change, so I felt really bad, but I just didn't get why he only asked me for a nickle and not the 25 cents that he needed.

anonimouse
04-21-2009, 07:01 AM
sunday nite some kid at the serpent mother TRIPPING THE FUCK OUT. he walked into it and when a flame burst would go off nearby he would flinch and turn towards it with a "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" look on his face but then quickly try to regain his composure. then he leaned against the fence near the egg for a few seconds, then walked around it again some more a few seconds later just to freak out at more flame bursts. i cant even imagine how his brain was interpreting what he was seeing. i dont think he even realized he was surrounded by people

we watched him for a min or two and then lost track of him. he didnt look like someone who should have been wandering around alone in his condition

carokube
04-21-2009, 07:11 AM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_85350a572d9345f5ac1122f527546717.jpg

OMG when was this... i thought i fucking dreamed it... i must have been drunk

michaelmontanez
04-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Also I saw someone who looked like they were making out with an apple. then I look close and they took the stem out and made a bong out of an apple. It was sick. I dont know how common this is but i lold.
was this in the campsite? it could have been myself or the people I was camping with.

carokube
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
some guy walking away from the band of horses show, talking on his cell phone going 'band of horses is so great! i love them!' dude, you're doing it wrong.

michaelmontanez
04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww349/aajarrell/Coachella2009374.jpg
I saw that guys dick accidently a few times.

michaelmontanez
04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Lets see: Other than the girl we came with getting arrested for being way too drunk in the camping line on thursday, I saw Stefan from Peachcake, the crazy fat guys in the astronaut costumes in the Sahara (I wish I got pics, they were pretty cool,) Some guy waking me up while I was sleeping somewhere, and he looked like he was tripping balls.

wakeupyounger
04-21-2009, 08:40 AM
A guy standing under the serpant mother's head pointing at it: "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WHAT THE FUCK WHAT.....THE........FUCK"

unknown
04-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Saturday night my boyfriend and I were smokin out way behind the sahara and we kept seeing groups of fucked up people walking around searching for the exit. A few people would say to their group "TRUST ME, it's over here!!!" pointing to the perimeter fence behind us. A couple minutes later they would return but we did see a few people go down there and know what they were doing, they hopped that bitch.

davrone
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
During the New York Dolls video before Morrissey's set: "Is that Mick Jagger?"

Vic Viper
04-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Saturday night my boyfriend and I were smokin out way behind the sahara and we kept seeing groups of fucked up people walking around searching for the exit. A few people would say to their group "TRUST ME, it's over here!!!" pointing to the perimeter fence behind us. A couple minutes later they would return but we did see a few people go down there and know what they were doing, they hopped that bitch.
The map showed an exit over there, was there not actually one to use?

*SURREAL*
04-21-2009, 09:27 AM
-the drum parade at camp
-the kid that snuck in from camp and ran across the field with security chasing him , and then got caught and escorted out , everyone clapping
-the streakers at camp
-some random guy from australia stopping right in front me , looked me in the eyes , and then his knees buckled , and he hit the ground , i stayed there next to him for awhile until he got back up , and then we partied , he is a champ !

Carnie100
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
- On Sunday while I was putting things in my locker, I looked over to the other side of the Dome and see this guy who basically just ran past the front gates. Suddenly there's about 6 yellow-shirt staff guys chasing him and he's pretty far ahead of them until some black staff dude in hella good shape sees him coming his way. The guy got his ass tackled. One of the funniest things I saw all weekend.

- Sitting in deadlock traffic on the way out Friday night, there's a dude in a red tracksuit thing dancing on top of his car. And after about 20 minutes of watching him dance, his friend dressed in all green joins him. It looked like Mario and Luigi dancing on top of a car. I have video that I'll probably upload sometime this weekend.

- The all green zipper man. I high fived him on his way through the crowd in the Sahara Saturday and couldn't stop laughing at all of the WTF looks he was getting from people. Priceless.

- The roll of toilet paper flying around in the Sahara and the dude with the horse on a stick.

- Multiple times during the weekend I overheard people saying "Eww there's a tampon back here."

- All of the dust penis drawings on the cars nearest to the fence on the way into the festival each day. I counted at least twenty, and there were a few occasional pussy/boobies drawings as well.

scarey4477
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Standing in line for the showers on Saturday morning my friend overheard this conversation:

Random Girl 1: Paul McCartney is so weird.
Random Girl 2: I KNOW!! He kept saying, "Coa-a-CHELLAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAaaa". He's so creepy.

Not sure over-enunciating 'coachella' makes him inherently creepy - so it made us laugh.

Carnie100
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
-the drum parade at camp

Is there video of this? Because Adrienne was reading me your descriptions of this that you sent her.

*SURREAL*
04-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Is there video of this? Because Adrienne was reading me your descriptions of this that you sent her.

i tried to take a video with my phone , because my camera was dead . all i have is bright lights and darkness , but you can hear it . i will try to post it later .

oly malia
04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
-some guy during crystal castles in a red t-shirt was really fucked up on something, he was just staring off into space and losing his balance every now and then/nodding off a little. every minute or so, he'd put on his hat or turn it sideways or take his glasses off but he was moving so slowly.
-i was watching the light cube and eating some nasty asian food and some kid was staring at me all the way over towards the saraha tent, and then proceeded to reach his arms towards me and walk all the way over, grab me and keep walking. i turned around laughing really hard and he still had his arms reached out towards me..must have been rolling pretty hard
-my friends apparently saw a couple having sex outside of the sahara on saturday night.. just sittin on the ground haha.

*SURREAL*
04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
- All of the dust penis drawings on the cars nearest to the fence on the way into the festival each day. I counted at least twenty, and there were a few occasional pussy/boobies drawings as well.[/QUOTE]

haha , yeah , our jeep got a dust penis that said penis wagon on it , the penis had a smile face , i laughed for at 10 minutes straight cuz my boy was pissed

THELIZARDKING
04-21-2009, 10:06 AM

I was walking around smoking out of an apple all day saturday that might of been me... or one of the countless others doing the same thing.

I was sitting outside of the mojave smoking a joint after x and this drunk girl that was sitting with her friends laid down and rolled over to me and sat back up with her back against mine and said that we should become lesbians together i laughed and said that im gonna have to pass considering im a dude. then she rolled back to her group.

paganman7
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
A chick at the main entrance handing out earplugs to random people: "here, man, you're going to need them for My Bloody Valentine".

Theijuiel
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
1. Dude at Sahara smoking pot out of a red bull can. *Kudos for innovation*

2. Dude at Sahara with "I need Acid" sign and the the several non-dancing guys around him *One guy looked like a narc to me, had a backpack with a red hat and he never danced, only head bobbed a bit and kept looking around the crowd*

3. Guy with pupils the size of nickels asking me before the Orb started "Turn it up!! Will they turn it up!!?"

4. Girl taking her shirt off during the Plump DJs and the DJs stopping to point at her and cheer *priceless*

5. Singer getting her skirt pulled off while she was crowd surfing during Thievery Corporation

elbrycen
04-21-2009, 10:47 AM
i was watching the yeah yeah yeahs, dancin around and all the sudden this very short very pretty young woman runs up to me from out of nowhere and starts dancing with me. about 45 seconds later she runs off really fast, then about 10 mins later she runs back, gives me a hug and a necklace, and runs off again.

also there was the super cool glowstick on a string girl towards the back of the cure who would wave her glowstick in front of everyone who walked by to see who was rolling balls, and then proceed to find out what they were rolling.

LameCake
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
OMG when was this... i thought i fucking dreamed it... i must have been drunk

It was...Sunday After noon. My boyfriend grabed me and told me to look up, as was everyone else, and I saw. When it just said "Girls on" some people near me said, "Its girls on Girls!!!!!" They were wrong. lol. The planes wrote some other stuff too:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_ab9ee291f0fb4c14ba03b681ba21a815.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/71/l_b1be08237cb94e15a1d0b486fda72b51.jpg

VVV1988
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Saturday morning around 7:30am, a black dude wearing something that looked like a caveman-type tiger skin dress with a super soaker, spraying water (i hope) at the people sleeping outside of their tents.
Saturday evening at the sahara, a chick is dacing next to me alone, a little later some dued appraoches her and they start dancing, than another dude rushes is and the two DUDES started making out, and the girl was like WTF ?!?!?! I mean the expression on her face was the funniest thing i`ve seen in ages !!! :D

carokube
04-21-2009, 11:39 AM
It was...Sunday After noon. My boyfriend grabed me and told me to look up, as was everyone else, and I saw. When it just said "Girls on" some people near me said, "Its girls on Girls!!!!!" They were wrong. lol. The planes wrote some other stuff too:

yeah, ok, i remember it saying fareastmovemen particularly (i kept staring up being like 'when are they gonna write the 't'?'). i don't remember the 'girls on...' one. but yeah, sunday makes sense. i was pretty gone. do you know what time it was? i'm still trying to piece that day together.

Vic Viper
04-21-2009, 11:41 AM
yeah, ok, i remember it saying fareastmovemen particularly (i kept staring up being like 'when are they gonna write the 't'?'). i don't remember the 'girls on...' one. but yeah, sunday makes sense. i was pretty gone. do you know what time it was? i'm still trying to piece that day together.
The first message was "GIRLS ON THE DANCE FLOOR" then "FAREASTMOVEMENT.COM" then "FREE MUSIC MP3 TXT....." and I don't remember what the rest of it said. These all occurred during Lupe Fiasco's set for me. For all I know it was happening all day.

jordeaux
04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
While walking past the Gobi while Tinariwen was performing, I overheard:
"Oh my god, those guys all have talibans on their heads!"

carokube
04-21-2009, 11:51 AM
The first message was "GIRLS ON THE DANCE FLOOR" then "FAREASTMOVEMENT.COM" then "FREE MUSIC MP3 TXT....." and I don't remember what the rest of it said. These all occurred during Lupe Fiasco's set for me. For all I know it was happening all day.

yah so i guess we left fucked up, went to have another drink, and i have no idea whether i had another drink but i saw this written in the sky, slept thru pb&j and woke up for yyys.

on a note related to the thread, walking back to the car while paul mccartney was still playing, the chick and dude behind us were talking: "hey, i remember this song. it's some girls name. eleanor something. eleanor... umm... hmm... well, it wasn't this guy that sang it. someone else sang it. oh, it's rigby! yeah rigby. yeah but this guy wasn't singing it."

KidChorus
04-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Dudes nose was leaking blood like a faucet at the front row of Yeah yeah yeahs. It was all over his arms and face and apparently just wouldnt stop. Security ended up dragging him up over the front fence and he never returned....

Show me your boobies sign was right behind me during YYY, it was quite a detailed drawing of a pair of hairy balls and boobs. Yellow stuff was coming out of the wang tho...

DRcube
04-21-2009, 11:57 AM
1. During I think YYYs set, did anyone else see the sign that someone was holding up that said "show me your boobies"? The sign had a drawing of an erect penis exploding all over a pair of tits. Cool I guess?

i wasnt there but, my friends told me that guy had the sign up for franz ferdinand, and that the lead singer made a comment about it

cashew
04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
i love spotting people who are rolling, it's hilarious. we saw this one kid sitting in the purple light maze by himself... he was just staring at a cast he had on his arm while he rubbed it really slowly for like 15 minutes. my boyfriend and i were rolling really hard and he had to drag me out of there, i never wanted to leave. the serpent mother was so fucking cool. on saturday at the end of the night when everyone was leaving the field, we sat in one of the shade tents by the exit and just pulled out grass for half an hour because it felt so good. we made a nest with the pile of grass we pulled and some old guy ran by and threw grass on it and said he was helping us out. i was amazed.

oh and when we were walking around the campsite, we saw one of those guys dressed all in green, except he was a kid and super skinny and small. way smaller than the green man i saw the next morning. he was really gangly and scrawny and i got really happy and excited because i thought he was a frog.

higgybaby23
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
-I witnessed the big naked guy before he got tazzed. He seemed totally relaxed and was even patting one of the cops on the back in a friendly way.

-A fight broke out between two dudes in the portapotties next to the Sahara on Sun. After a brief skirmish, one of the guys jumps in a stall and locks the other guy out. That guy attempts to pry the door open, then takes a defensive stance waiting for his opponent. Shortly thereafter, he too jumps in a stall and locks the door. I didn't stick around to see the outcome.

-Strangest by far: Some guy had a baby at the front of the Sahara during the Plump DJs set on Sun. And by baby I mean a newborn, and by the front I mean the fucking guardrail. He was trying to get backstage, which I think he eventually did. But, WTF!!?? Who brings a baby into the Sahara? I think Brokendoll and Suffacted saw it too, as they were standing right there.

higgybaby23
04-21-2009, 12:15 PM
oh and when we were walking around the campsite, we saw one of those guys dressed all in green, except he was a kid and super skinny and small. way smaller than the green man i saw the next morning. he was really gangly and scrawny and i got really happy and excited because i thought he was a frog.

There was more than one green man. I met the one with dyed red hair who explained he wasn't the only one.

shmamber
04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Husband and I saw a girl get her bikini untied by a friend during an animated Sahara set (not sure what it was, we were just watching from behind the tent). The look on her face was PRICELESS!

I am wondering--I was walking around with a huge mustache made of cardboard that had tons of glitter on it all day on Friday & Saturday. Anyone happen to see me? I am really curious as to whether the act of having a weird prop can influence whether people look at someone and remember them, or pass them by. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3443461841_d7b1f71683.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshadowdancer/3443461841/)

Aumgn
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Husband and I saw a girl get her bikini untied by a friend during an animated Sahara set (not sure what it was, we were just watching from behind the tent). The look on her face was PRICELESS!

I am wondering--I was walking around with a huge mustache made of cardboard that had tons of glitter on it all day on Friday & Saturday. Anyone happen to see me? I am really curious as to whether the act of having a weird prop can influence whether people look at someone and remember them, or pass them by. :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3553/3443461841_d7b1f71683.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/theshadowdancer/3443461841/)

made me laugh a whole shitton.

thank you much!

psycobetabuckdown
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
On Sunday morning I believe, while I was waiting for the shower, a truck tried to squeeze by the handicap port-o-potty. The truck completely failed. It bumps the stall until it gets by, and the stall is diagonal. Of course there was a poor, helpless 20-something chick in there the whole time! She comes out with this wtf-look on her face, and as she walks toward us everyone starts clapping. You can't write this stuff.

psycobetabuckdown
04-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Also, Amanda Palmer pointing out the gigantic contrast in egos between Leonard Cohen and Morrissey.

shmamber
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
made me laugh a whole shitton.

thank you much!

No problem! :P

Bigtown
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
The Orange County blonde girl in front of the Whatever Corporate Entity Scratch Tent trying so hard to get people to come inside and try "learning how to scratch in 15 minutes", trying to act all dope hip-hop and instead getting a big fail.

"Hey, guys, you ready to come in, get down, drop some tracks and learn how to scratch? It's sooper fun!"

So sad and funny, she's now my signature.

Carnie100
04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
On Sunday morning I believe, while I was waiting for the shower, a truck tried to squeeze by the handicap port-o-potty. The truck completely failed. It bumps the stall until it gets by, and the stall is diagonal. Of course there was a poor, helpless 20-something chick in there the whole time! She comes out with this wtf-look on her face, and as she walks toward us everyone starts clapping. You can't write this stuff.

Damnit, this sounds hilarious.

And you're so right. You can't write any of these things. This whole thread has had me laughing my ass off all day long.

Aumgn
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Something I did:

saw a guy I recognized in the sahara during Etienne De Crecy, so i offered to pack a bowl. I packed it and handed it to him. he just looked at it and handed it back. I looked in the bowl and realized I had packed what was left of my weed brownie. I started cracking up and re-packed it with purps.

good times.

michaelmontanez
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Something I did:

saw a guy I recognized in the sahara during Etienne De Crecy, so i offered to pack a bowl. I packed it and handed it to him. he just looked at it and handed it back. I looked in the bowl and realized I had packed what was left of my weed brownie. I started cracking up and re-packed it with purps.

good times.

lol

algunz
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
I would have eaten it before I handed it back to you. :)

beachbumm
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Saw an older man, probably in his 60's, trippin out on acid on Friday.
We were sitting by the tents at the Do Lab when he walked over to our group, took his shirt off and put it on the sign as if it were a person. He then proceeded to hump his backpack.
By the time he'd left, his underwear was left on the floor and it was evident he'd shat his pants. lol.

I love Coachella.. :)

Still-ill
04-21-2009, 01:18 PM
The Guy during the Cure who had mickey mouse gloves and a Viking helmet on (The medieval kind not the foorball kind) doing some of the most bizarre dance moves I've ever seen at almost impossible high speeds. He was pretty big and tall so I'm sure someone saw him. :)

bobert
04-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Was standing in the far right corner of the Sahara beer garden waiting for a friend - I was up close to the fence with a view of the tent right by the far right entrance. I heard this extraordinarily loud sneeze and looked over and saw this mexican dude to the right of me doubled over with snot and slobber dripping from his hands and face. He had a horrified expression on his face - eyes bulging and snot running every where. Then he sneezed again, and again, and again - finally keeling over in a puddle of his own spit and mucus. Me thinks that some serious drugs whent into that nose of his that night - as everytime he sneezed he appeared to go blind from the sheer force of it and forget where he was. I was walking out of the Sahara about 45 minutes later and I heard a sneeze - looked through the fence in the beer garden and the guy was still there sneezing and leaking.

billtino
04-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Something I did:

good times.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/billtino/MySpaceStuff/wtfisthis.jpg

beachbumm
04-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Also, on Saturday saw some guy with a huge polar bear mask and gloves on, tripped me out.
Must have been pretty hot in theree..

stuporfly
04-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Some bald dude ate an entire $8 bag of kettle corn during Jenny Lewis' set.

anonimouse
04-21-2009, 01:50 PM
watching the "oh wow those guys must be rolling HARD" expression on the faces of people watching my friends dance in the sahara. it was funny because they were sober the entire weekend. they just like to go off in a weird way

homEsick
04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
i wasnt there but, my friends told me that guy had the sign up for franz ferdinand, and that the lead singer made a comment about it lol ya. he was like "this girl is holding up a scottish fan, and it's making it more comfortable for us. and this guy over here wants me to "show him my boobies" i'm sorry friend, but there's not much going on up here. i'm afraid you'll be sorely disappointed"

probably not that exactly but something along those lines. had me laughing

PeaceSignHatGoRawr
04-21-2009, 03:07 PM
funniest thing by far for me was when I was running through the campground TRIPPING MY FACE OFF! doing either: 1- the arm airplane while making engine noises. 2- doing my suprisingly popular monster walk (and i say popular due to numerous ppl doing it during the Sunday night makeshift drum circle / yell fest.

also, paris hilton kneeling down to light up in the saharah

DeanCorso
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
- the one weird guy who was dancing, or just having a fucking seizure durin MBV set, i was right in front of the mixing board in the middle and this guy was to the right of it, just dancing, and during that sonic rape of you made me realise, his moves just got better or weirder.

- the guy giving out hugs, i gots me one of those too.

whynotsmile99
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
my buddy saw the water truck driver projectile vomit as he was driving

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2009, 04:02 PM
some guy walking away from the band of horses show, talking on his cell phone going 'band of horses is so great! i love them!' dude, you're doing it wrong.

That reminds me of the girl right in front of me for Moz. Obviously a huge fan because she was singing a dancing to every song but she must have tried to call or text at least a dozen times... wtf?

carokube
04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
my buddy saw the water truck driver projectile vomit as he was driving

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahah
haahhahahahhahahahhahah

NightGoat
04-21-2009, 04:09 PM
funniest thing by far for me was when I was running through the campground TRIPPING MY FACE OFF! doing either: 1- the arm airplane while making engine noises. 2- doing my suprisingly popular monster walk (and i say popular due to numerous ppl doing it during the Sunday night makeshift drum circle / yell fest.

also, paris hilton kneeling down to light up in the saharah

I'm pretty sure I saw you doing the airplane thing when I was walking back to my tent

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
The girl who crowd surfed/rode the big inflatable shark in the Sahara during the Bloody Beetroots. That was pretty sweet. That Shark was fantastic in general. I loved how it got thrashed around the Sahara all weekend.

slapuinpublic
04-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I was sleeping in the beer gardens on Saturday during Lupe Fiasco and start to wake out of my slumber while the Aussies next to me started telling a funny story (you'll have to imagine the aussie accent)

Supposedly Saturday Morning one of the aussies goes to the phone charging tent in the campground to charge his phone at 7am, after plugging his phone in, a guy with blood all over his face and hand comes up to him and says "do you want a drink?" extending out his bloody hand holding a cup of who knows what the fuck. The guy grins and says "no, I'm alright mate" and then the guy replies "I'm getting out of here, too many fuckin creeps!"

WTF?!

psycobetabuckdown
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
The Orange County blonde girl in front of the Whatever Corporate Entity Scratch Tent trying so hard to get people to come inside and try "learning how to scratch in 15 minutes", trying to act all dope hip-hop and instead getting a big fail.

"Hey, guys, you ready to come in, get down, drop some tracks and learn how to scratch? It's sooper fun!"

So sad and funny, she's now my signature.

Haha I noticed that girl too. The day before there were numerous people doing it though. I sort of wanted to but I was just too busy that day.

boarderwoozel3
04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Sunday night into Monday morning in the PAW campsite, "Does anyone want a key from the bag of mystery drugs?"

Olivia_Franny
04-21-2009, 05:45 PM
- On Sunday while I was putting things in my locker, I looked over to the other side of the Dome and see this guy who basically just ran past the front gates. Suddenly there's about 6 yellow-shirt staff guys chasing him and he's pretty far ahead of them until some black staff dude in hella good shape sees him coming his way. The guy got his ass tackled. One of the funniest things I saw all weekend.

- Sitting in deadlock traffic on the way out Friday night, there's a dude in a red tracksuit thing dancing on top of his car. And after about 20 minutes of watching him dance, his friend dressed in all green joins him. It looked like Mario and Luigi dancing on top of a car. I have video that I'll probably upload sometime this weekend.

- The all green zipper man. I high fived him on his way through the crowd in the Sahara Saturday and couldn't stop laughing at all of the WTF looks he was getting from people. Priceless.

- The roll of toilet paper flying around in the Sahara and the dude with the horse on a stick.

- Multiple times during the weekend I overheard people saying "Eww there's a tampon back here."

- All of the dust penis drawings on the cars nearest to the fence on the way into the festival each day. I counted at least twenty, and there were a few occasional pussy/boobies drawings as well.

the toilet paper/ horse on a stick at girl talk? i cant believe they taped a hook on to a leaf blower to blow toilet paper into the audience. it was quite clever.

Olivia_Franny
04-21-2009, 05:54 PM
asian guy trippin...
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2682/214/8/762705103/n762705103_6521371_6629606.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2682/214/8/762705103/n762705103_6521372_6847750.jpg

aclockworkapple
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
- the one weird guy who was dancing, or just having a fucking seizure durin MBV set, i was right in front of the mixing board in the middle and this guy was to the right of it, just dancing, and during that sonic rape of you made me realise, his moves just got better or weirder.

Was he wearing a shirt that said "Had Enough? Vote Obama/Biden Nov 4th"?

That may have been me.

quicksand
04-21-2009, 06:30 PM

HAHAHAHA!! Fuck, yeah those were so funny. They were all so sloppy and poorly drawn.

quicksand
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Oh man, we smoked 3 joints for People Under the Stairs, and lots of others around us were smoking too. Later in their set, Double K said something along the lines of "Whatever you got, light it up. Y'all are getting me high as shit up here."

foreman.
04-21-2009, 07:50 PM

2. During Devendra Banhart, I overhear a few people talking about how they recognized someone on stage, in the VIP section. They then realize that it's Flea, the bassist from the Chili Peppers. He was just chillin up there.

3. I met DJ Skeet Skeet. A well-know DJ and the DJ for the band Shwayze. That was pretty cool.

4. I caught up with Busy P after his set.

5. And I definitely saw Greg Gellis aka Girl Talk during TV on the Radio on Saturday. He was wearing a blue bandana, blue shirt, and cut-off gray sweat pants. Did anyone else see him? I'll post a picture of him later.

YEAH man. Was he leaning up against the railing in the front-center area? My friend pointed him out to me and i yelled "Gregg!!!" and he kind of flinched but I dont think he wanted to be seen or something. I was a few feet away from him high as fuck.

Oh man, we smoked 3 joints for People Under the Stairs, and lots of others around us were smoking too. Later in their set, Double K said something along the lines of "Whatever you got, light it up. Y'all are getting me high as shit up here."

I was there smoking a few for PUTS as well...

eturnol
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
1) An awesome dancer bowing before me because she liked my dancing so much. Then she got up and kissed me as I was trying to give her a high five. My wife didnt approve. =)

2) The three guys wearing colored speedos with white shirts, white socks and white shoes.

3) Seeing an tired crowd tearing down the metal gate on saturday night.

Grant
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
I saw a guy dodge one of those extended, roofless go-carts, which hit one of the recycle bins next to the Do LaB.

superfiction
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
i loved all the 12 year olds smoking cigarettes this year. it would be the middle of some crazy set in the sahara and they would just start smoking in the middle of a tight little group to look cool.

i also laughed when macca said "were gonna rock your roof off coachella!"

quicksand
04-21-2009, 08:31 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2682/214/8/762705103/n762705103_6521372_6847750.jpg

Hell yeah to this dude.

As for the young stoners/smokers/druggies... FUCK THAT! We referred to the group of douche bag pre-teens behind us at People Under the Stairs as "daycare center"

eskamo951
04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
asian guy trippin...
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2682/214/8/762705103/n762705103_6521371_6629606.jpg

I saw him! His name is Alex, I think. I was sitting down enjoying my trip in the Sahara Sunday night, and he told my friend what he was on, but I was too busy watching the lights to hear him.

beckith
04-21-2009, 08:43 PM
I will admit that I was infactuated with the wet suit.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3564/3463502414_648ba67c3b.jpg

zimmy1222
04-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Before the MSTRKRP set, I was standing probably 10-15 rows of people back, waiting for the show to start.. And these two guys were yelling, pushing their way through the crowd "Our friend is passing out! We need to give this water to her! Watch Out!!"

I turned around, as they were about to push me outta the way, they said it again...

I was like, "you guys could try something a little more convincing if you're trying to get a better spot..."

They stopped trying to make their way through.. Everyone started crackin up around me ...

CitizenJ
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Was he wearing a black hat and a black shirt?

I remember dark clothing. lol, was that you?

benhur
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Before the MSTRKRP set, I was standing probably 10-15 rows of people back, waiting for the show to start.. And these two guys were yelling, pushing their way through the crowd "Our friend is passing out! We need to give this water to her! Watch Out!!"

I turned around, as they were about to push me outta the way, they said it again...

I was like, "you guys could try something a little more convincing if you're trying to get a better spot..."

They stopped trying to make their way through.. Everyone started crackin up around me ...

same thing at edc except the guy was holding a beer and yelling "LET ME THROUGH, I CAN'T SPILL THE BEER!" yup, he turned out to be a dbag

CitizenJ
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I totally Forgot about this.

- Karaoke bar on Thursday night at the camp. a guy got up and did a hillariously awesome cover of princes purple rain and it got everyone involved, and then a guy with crutches went up to him, lifted them in the air and started swaying. major laughs.

LameCake
04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
- I saw a guy wearing his girlfriends bottoms to her bikini.

- some guys near the at&t tent, peeing on the back gate, and the security guy walk up behind them, wait for them to stop peeing and then tell them they can't do that, they walk away as he calls for back up. And then another guy, in the same area about two minutes apart from the incident, peeing just in the middle of the field, and the back up was already there from prior call. The guy for the life of him,can't latch his pants so he was like stumbling, laughing, trying to button him self as security grabs him, and pull him away as he is still trying to button up. The main security guy comes to the back of the at&t tent, where we were sitting, and tells us that if we see anything like that again to just throw a bottle at them or tell them off or something.

- A couple approach my boyfriend in the parking lot and ask, "Where are we?" My boyfriend is like, uhhhhhhh. And then they ask, "What lot is this?" My boyfriend tell them, and then they ask, "Where is lot 3?" Like seriously, couldn't they have asked where lot 3 was at first?? I think they were rolling or something.

heyeric
04-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Also..MOAR BEES!
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_2d654c8839d74c5abeba1a48d97b8ef0.jpg

& even more! campsite A -_-
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7617/37657749.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4623/37664405.jpg

emtgreg
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
See Ska Fans, the Bees were at coachella!

Somewhat Damaged
04-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Walking in on Saturday, some guy was listening to a CD in his car and another jackass came up to him and was all, "Hey, is that Radiohead?" and the guy in the car replied, "No, it's Aphex Twin." Only somebody who had never actually listened to Radiohead would've been mistaken.

Carnie100
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
See Ska Fans, the Bees were at coachella!

I know the bees are always at Coachella, but what attracts them to tents? Who can answer this question for me?

Vic Viper
04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
People having sex in the shower stall next to mine.

eskamo951
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
People having sex in the shower stall next to mine.

Oh, you just reminded me: Two guys walking out of the same port-a-potty together in the campgrounds. One smoking a cigarette. I feel it's safe to assume it was a sexual encounter

SnowShoe
04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Saw an older man, probably in his 60's, trippin out on acid on Friday.
We were sitting by the tents at the Do Lab when he walked over to our group, took his shirt off and put it on the sign as if it were a person. He then proceeded to hump his backpack.
By the time he'd left, his underwear was left on the floor and it was evident he'd shat his pants. lol.

I love Coachella.. :)

i deny this story.

Donthatetheplaya
04-21-2009, 10:56 PM
It was all about the cup-pyramid i started in the beer garden!

Next year, i'm making it bigger and more stable so the wind doesn't knock it over again.

The birth:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/68/l_bc42f7b09e324454a3961cabe28ca15d.jpg

Some fans:
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/73/l_49982a970f944f42bde07aae6dc5f600.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/105/l_40dd2a67d1be4e839b8777677f13a4e4.jpg

But then nature killed it and i didn't have time to rebuild.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_98a87310d4384f4ba3aad46b53885599.jpg

trentmorrison
04-21-2009, 11:17 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/onstagehawaii/IMG_3652.jpg

elbrycen
04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
i also had a 14 year old kid ask me if i had any ketamine... wtf???

somahead
04-21-2009, 11:32 PM
The 12 year olds sitting in a circle of about 10 younguns smoking from various pipes before Leonard Cohen.

Seeing the tent assaulted by bees. Then seeing some genius throw a football at the bees and everybody running for cover.

Realizing that playing MSTRKRFT from your campsite is interpreted as a dealer's calling card. "Your music called to me. You have any ecstasy?"

Randy from No Age: Come hang out and I will sign some stuff at the booth.
Kids: But you have to buy something.
Randy: Really? Well fuck that then.

subjectinchanging
04-21-2009, 11:39 PM
The people having sex in plain view on the grass outside the Sahara tent before MSTRKRFT.

and everyone who was rolling balls, every day.

clumsy342
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I walked into a "Bohemian Rhapsody" singalong in the showers Saturday night in the campgrounds...

"Somewhere, Freddie Mercury is looking down on us right now."
"I.. guess that's a good thing."

fucking. hilarious.

coachy_Jedi
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM

haha , yeah , our jeep got a dust penis that said penis wagon on it , the penis had a smile face , i laughed for at 10 minutes straight cuz my boy was pissed[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. I saw that too. I was parked all the way at the end. Those penis and vaginas went on for maybe 50+ cars.....

coachy_Jedi
04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
"Dad I was the fastest swimmer!!! I WAS THE FASTEST SWIMMER!!!"

jgd855
04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
i have to give it up to morrisey, while he is a complete jackass he made me laugh twice.

once when he said "i can smell burning flesh and its really making me sick, i only hope that its humans"... seriously wtf, youd rather humans be cooked than animals? fucking nut.

then there was the point when morissey took his shirt off and threw it into the crowd. everyone just kinda sat there like 'why did he fucking take his shirt off?'. by the beginning of the next song he had a shirt on fully buttoned. what a rockstar.

other than that i remember watching like five 15-17 y/o lookin kids sitting down getting high during black keys. they seriously smoked like 6 bowls and 2 joints in a row, they were so fucking stoned they didnt know what to do.

Cpt. Funkaho
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Atmosphere (looking over at the Main Stage where the Killers are playing): Man, that shit is loud. (to sound booth operators) Could you maybe turn us up?
(looks over at Main Stage again) Yeah, definitely turn us up.

Theijuiel
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
The Guy during the Cure who had mickey mouse gloves and a Viking helmet on (The medieval kind not the foorball kind) doing some of the most bizarre dance moves I've ever seen at almost impossible high speeds. He was pretty big and tall so I'm sure someone saw him. :)

Heh that guy parked himself about 6 feet from me, I figured it was one of my viking cousins considering I had a braided goatee, that guy needs to grow some facial hair!!!

ialvarado2
04-22-2009, 11:10 AM
was dancing with a girlfriend of mine during groove armada and feel some one brushing up against my shoulder. I look over and its Tara Reid.

I was walking out of the sahara tent and she just crossed infront of me and pushed me! wtf wrong with that bitch?

I didnt knoew who she was and my friend told me it was tara reid, .. and still couldnt figure out who she was until they told me the movies she;'s n, but I wont forget that name now... bitch

Vic Viper
04-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Walking in on Saturday, some guy was listening to a CD in his car and another jackass came up to him and was all, "Hey, is that Radiohead?" and the guy in the car replied, "No, it's Aphex Twin." Only somebody who had never actually listened to Radiohead would've been mistaken.
Dude what?

Kid A and Amnesiac have several Aphex-esque portions of music on them. Do you happen to know what Aphex Twin album in particular they were listening to? Somebody familiar with Radiohead but not Aphex COULD make that mistake.

coldstart
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Hah, I saw that guy! He was tripping hard and everyone around him backed off a few feet. I was to the left of the sound board (facing the stage).

Lynn163
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I was walking away from my locker when I heard something behind me as I turned this huge marine is running full sprint toward me trying to catch the guy that ran through the entrance and just misses me and yells "runner"...all of a sudden 2 other marines come out of no where and tackle the guy face down in the dirt. The next day it happened again!

I saw so many babies/very young children with out ear plugs or head sets that it was disturbing. These parents had these kids up front and in front of the speakers! Just didn't get it!

KindigerJ
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Friday while jamming out to Crystal Castles, my friend and I were fairly close to the stage when suddenly this hulking mass of a man started to barrel through the crowd. Not really forward, but sorta sideways forward with his head slanted at an odd angle and a blank stare in his pupils. And I mean this guy was booking it! The crowd parted faster than Charlton Heston parted the Red Sea. Then he was gone and we carried on!

Also, Saturday night in the campgrounds my friend and I wore our blue and pink fur suits but this female cop approached us around 5 AM and told us, "I love the costumes boys, really I do. But it seems that although you're not making trouble, the troublemakers are following you two. So go back to your tent. Take of your fur. Air our your bodies. And hopefully we'll see you out and about tomorrow." Priceless...

PlayaDelWes
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Sat Night at In-n-Out, there was a Snowball Fight in the parking lot. Two truck-beds were filled up with Snow and a bunch of girls were throwing snow at each other.

PlayaDelWes
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM

Soulds like the Westside Rentals guy who's at Lakers games.

cg6gBwYNvTk

lickety_spit
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM

Next year, i'm making it bigger and more stable so the wind doesn't knock it over again.

The birth:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/68/l_bc42f7b09e324454a3961cabe28ca15d.jpg

6 beers?!?! what are you, rich?

LameCake
04-22-2009, 01:03 PM
The people having sex in plain view on the grass outside the Sahara tent before MSTRKRFT.

Yeah I saw that. My friend was like gawking at them. I was like, "Avert your eyes pervert!" He was just like, " huh, wha, nothing." I was like right next to them when it start happening too, needless to say, I side stepped a few paces to the left.

KilwaukeePutz
04-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I totally Forgot about this.

- Karaoke bar on Thursday night at the camp. a guy got up and did a hillariously awesome cover of princes purple rain and it got everyone involved, and then a guy with crutches went up to him, lifted them in the air and started swaying. major laughs.

hahaha, that was me!!!!

anyone have pics?

ADGZ662
04-22-2009, 01:25 PM

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/105/l_40dd2a67d1be4e839b8777677f13a4e4.jpg

My lil Bro beat you to it, he had a pretty good pyramid going up at the beer gardens to the right of the mainstage on sunday. People where buying him drinks and everyone was taking pics with it we had a crowd gathering... until some knucklehaed ran up to it and knocked it over, now I wasn't there when this happened cuz I went to go see plump djs but if I was I think I would have gotten truly upset for the first time ever at coachella. Thats sayin alot being that i've gone to almost all of them. Im thinking about this past weekend and I saw alot of foos actin stupid, not with me but with other people, almost as much as the rage year. Well my bro said everyone started chanting get the fuck out and he did fucking idiot. My brother doesnt have a temper like me so now that I think bout it im glad I didnt see this I woulda missed plump djs/public enemy/groove armada for assault.

so if anyone was in the beer gardens to the right of the main stage yesterday between 4:00pm and 8:00pm you must of saw my lads and I building a HUGE beer pyramid/tower if so and you saw or took pics post them on here it would be greatly appreciated :) were trying to round up all the pics that were taken of us

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/110/l_5dab13f8e67d4ffbb18945a616b59f83.jpg

and screw the dumb guy who knocked it down

Tauguy
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Some kid at Fleet Foxes was dehydrated and yelling, "Oh my god I hate Fleet Foxes. Let's get out of here. This is horrible...." And then passing out with his eyes open into a crowd of people.

The super sexy cyber goth chick with glitter face paint, and the mega ripped up jeans. It went something like this while I was out of my head:
Me: "Your are so beautiful! Whats your name?"
Her: "...."
Me: Is it cause im not hip enough? I can change!"
Her: "..." *Taps me twice on cheek, and smooths on*

Me on top of the van in lot 3 and this chick yellin, "That's the tallest guy I have ever seen! How the fuck did you get up there?! Oh my god, Rick! Are you seeing this guy?"
And then I smoked some bowls with her and her boyfriend while he tried to tell her to relax (she had eyes like nickels hahaha).

The guy by the 'canadian embassy' in the campground running around with a box of wine who fell right in front of me and yelled, "Dude! You want some of this?"

The Jug given to me filled with vodka, whiskey, and 7up. THats Brit, I was tossed and woke up in somebody elses campground hahahahqha

Dogvolta
04-22-2009, 01:45 PM
A couple years ago, between the Massive Attack set and Tool set, I was lying on my back tripping balls and staring at the spot lights going into space. I saw what must have been a flock of bats or something SO VERY VERY high in the sky fly through one of the spot lights. I freaked out and started asking the couple behind me if they saw that.
It was like 3 minutes later before I realized I was even talking at all and noticed they were just staring at me with a "wtf dude" grin on their face the whole time.

Did anyone see the dude passed out on the ground in the Sahara during....fuck, was it beetroots? Dude was out cold while every single person around him was dancing their face off.

billtino
04-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I was walking out of the sahara tent and she just crossed infront of me and pushed me! wtf wrong with that bitch?

I didnt knoew who she was and my friend told me it was tara reid, .. and still couldnt figure out who she was until they told me the movies she;'s n, but I wont forget that name now... bitch

Pushed by anorexic Tara Reid? What did it feel like? air? a light breeze? a coachella moth landing on your shoulder? you should of made her apologize. not for pushing you, but for Josie & the Pussycats!

http://makeup411.com/411_product_images/3410_Tara_Reid3.jpg

All That I Am
04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Pushed by anorexic Tara Reid? What did it feel like? air? a light breeze? a coachella moth landing on your shoulder? you should of made her apologize. not for pushing you, but for Josie & the Pussycats!

My wife told me someone said she was seen wandering around, but the funny thing is that when she asked who she was this is the only scene of movie dialogue i can remember her from.

pynxRRVBu74

captncrzy
04-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Dude what?

Kid A and Amnesiac have several Aphex-esque portions of music on them. Do you happen to know what Aphex Twin album in particular they were listening to? Somebody familiar with Radiohead but not Aphex COULD make that mistake.

I heard it. It was clearly NOT Radiohead.

phonographer
04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
did anyone happen to catch me on the far back right speaker tower for the coachella stage?

dantoro
04-22-2009, 03:27 PM
There were a team of 6 or 7 hippie kids who came barreling over the fence in the RV lot and ran in to hide from security.

They came up to us and asked if they could hang out on top of the RV....like that was there idea of a good hiding place

FoxeyLady
04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
"who's this playing here?"
"Oh! Dog Doctor!"

classic

also as i was waiting for throbbing gristle to come on brian (i think?) the drummer for the yeah yeah yeahs stood next to me by the soundboard in the middle. but before TG came on he got bored and left lol.

Xrawrthatboy
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
1. Looking up at the sky while shrooming during Band of Horses to see something flying across the sky, I turn to my friend to ask, "ARE THOSE TORTILLAS?!" and he hands me a couple which I chuck out into the crowd. Three tortillas later I finally remember where I am and decide to stop. I turn around to find the source of these tortilla UFOs and this drunk/high old hippie couple with an industrial size bag of tortillas to toss are having the best time. Some slut sarcastically asks "wouldn't you have to actually pay for those at some point?" I turn to her and shout "FUCK YOU, ITS TRADITION!"

2. Being headbutt and hit on by the same wandering drunk guy in line for Spicy Pie on sunday. Waaay awkward..

michelleie
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
this girl rant about their love/hate relationship with paul mccartney really confused me.
"oh my god. when i see him i'm going to cry. i seriously want to cry right now, DO YOU UNDERSTAND HE IS ONE OF THE BEATLES!"
later...
"wow he's so weird. why is he telling a story? wow."
later...
"oh my god! he sounds german... like his voice. he probably is hahahah."

evilmushroompie
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Two really fucked up girls in the Sahara for Felix Da Housecat. One who looked like MIA ended up hooking up with the guy she was dancing with, but first tried to make out with the back of his head. Looked like she gave him a bunch of bad scratches on his back too.

amyzzz
04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I saw that sign on Friday at the Main Stage. I'm pretty sure Alex from Franz commented on it.

evilmushroompie
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
They put that "show me your boobies" sign on the screens during YYY's for a quick second.

crawford
04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah pics of the over the shoulder banana hammock!

blackantlers
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Whenever I wore my bunny mask, a ton of people kept asking me where they could find drugs.

adeline3
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah pics of the over the shoulder banana hammock!

my neighbor and new aussie friend

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs007.snc1/2844_93689146062_689166062_2975092_3879233_n.jpg

trentmorrison
04-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I heard it. It was clearly NOT Radiohead.

pulk/pull is the only radiohead song that could be confused for aphex twin, but really, you must not be really out of it to mistaken the 2

CitizenJ
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
hahaha, that was me!!!!

anyone have pics?

Just 1, and the guy with crutches is blocking the singer, i was far from taking professional photos that weekend. haha.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/101/l_8b93e5a6928a4588b4a55286bee615b4.jpg

CitizenJ
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
They put that "show me your boobies" sign on the screens during YYY's for a quick second.

that was hillarious. they were like "hey a sign! zoom in... zoom in... zoom in... wait, what is that??? oh god cut away! Cut Away!"

whynotsmile99
04-23-2009, 04:10 PM
this isn't really funny so much, but since no one has started the "fucking awesome things you saw at Coachella" thread I'll post it here

So I'm watching Tinarwein, (who were amazing BTW) and these two gorgeous (Seriously, LA 10s) push up to the front. One was angelic and blond, like a young Gywenth Paltrow. Other had black hair, looked a bit evil, victoria beckamish. I end up talking to them for a minute and they are Australian with a beautiful accident. They happen to be a lesbian couple and spend all of Tinarwein's set dancing, kissing and fondling each other

only at coachella :)

PassiveTheory
04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Something I did:

good times.

That might have been me.

chairmenmeow47
04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
the guy who asked me if i took dance classes was pretty funny.

biggfoot17
04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Anybody see that couple sitting in the shadows along the fence where the grass starts when you walk in at the end of Friday night? This broad was on her knees with her ass in the air giving head to her man. They were kinda off to the side, but were still very noticable. I tried snapping a pic, but it didn't come out.

PassiveTheory
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I most definitely saw the "I Need Acid" sign guy in the Sahara.

Who saw the MASSIVE cholo dude raving like nobody's business at Plump DJs? That was a sight if I ever saw one.

supersugar
04-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Sat Night at In-n-Out, there was a Snowball Fight in the parking lot. Two truck-beds were filled up with Snow and a bunch of girls were throwing snow at each other.

We saw those same guys driving down 50th as we were walking back to our pad. I think they were skinheads, but they offered us a beer, and wanted to take our group of 5 in the back of their truck with the snow...I crack up at people that bring snow to the desert...surprising it lasted all the way to In & Out.

spektrum
04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Those 4 or 5 guys doing the interactive robot dance during Throbbing Gristle, then then one of them doing an incredible stompy little number. Best thing ever. Did anyone get that on video?

motionnn77
04-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I think there were more amazing things that happened for my experience then out right funny. But there were some amusing things.

The mosh pit at Fucked Up. The lead singer's face was a bloody mess by the 2nd some. Then i saw some guy a few rows from the front emerge with blood all over his nose and mouth. Tried to get a photo but wrong angle. I'm just too short.

Over hearing someone in the VIP say "Who the fuck is MIA?"

Green banana hammock guy running around, showing his bits.

ElBlueblazer
04-26-2009, 02:29 AM
tooooo funny!!!!<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dqGaFgHpCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dqGaFgHpCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
fat kids are always funny!

adeline3
04-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Green banana hammock guy running around, showing his bits.

MY NEIGHBOR. haha we all had to convince him it was a good idea... then we painted him and gave him a tiara.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs007.snc1/2844_93689186062_689166062_2975099_5116547_n.jpg

righteousdnk
04-26-2009, 10:51 AM

Who saw the MASSIVE cholo dude raving like nobody's business at Plump DJs? That was a sight if I ever saw one.

I saw that. I pretty sure you were standing right next to me Passive, actually I'm positive because if you really do have a fro and look like your avatar, it was you.

PassiveTheory
04-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I am my avatar, so yes.

Jaw-naw-thin
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Groove Armada was playing in the Sahara.

I was in the front row next to that fence.

Some kid hops the fence runs past security and climbs on stage and
dances around for a few seconds.

Before security could catch him he dives back into the crows (swan dive style)

I assume he was hoping people would catch him and he would crowd suft away from security.

No one caught him.

Ouch, I thought.

shawnwashere
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
i have to say the funniest thing i saw all weekend was on sunday while i was tripping after EDC. i was just roamin around after candy flippin and i was enjoying my night, not a bad trip at all, i sat down at the art galleries for a while then went to the do lab, i walked around every little tent just trippin and then sat down in the middle and just tripped for a good 30 minutes just wlaking around and shit, anyways the best part was everyone that came up to me asking if i was ok and me replying im amazing, i then proceeded walking around doing weird gestures making little patches of grass grow and getting fortced out by the cops and had at least 3 people come up and spray me with water, the best part was i was seeing everythikng in atom form and how everyone was so caring, it was fucking amazing, i left coachella at like 1 and made it back to the car at 3 to find my friends sleeping cuz i took so long =D, jsut wanna say thanks to everyone that made my night and everyone that cared!

PM me if you saw me and say something!

discobotica
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
- A couple approach my boyfriend in the parking lot and ask, "Where are we?" My boyfriend is like, uhhhhhhh. And then they ask, "What lot is this?" My boyfriend tell them, and then they ask, "Where is lot 3?" Like seriously, couldn't they have asked where lot 3 was at first?? I think they were rolling or something.

hahahaha, that was more than likely my friends who were rolling and their car was in lot 3. I didn't exactly have the last laugh that night, as I decided to stay and help them out when all my other friends went back to the house we were staying at. I first had to find them, and then find their fucking car, which took forever. Didn't get back to the house until 4...not a fun experience...

nerdmachine
04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
1. this guy in front of me at cloud cult set is rummaging in the cargo pocket of his patchwork corduroy shorts and dumps 30-odd pills into the grass next to him. sorta leans over and scoops up a handful, misses a bunch. i tap him on the shoulder and go "uh dude you missed some" and he diligently picks through the grass until he's got every last one, stands up, goes back to swaying. saw him the next day wearing the exact same clothes. intense.

2. campgrounds. i think thurs or fri night, probably like 4am. its pretty quiet. shit woke me out of a dead, heavily medicated sleep.

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

somebody finally rolls over and lets out a feeble "polo!" and the guy, sounding seriously relieved, says "thank you!!!" and wanders off.

elbrycen
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
1. this guy in front of me at cloud cult set is rummaging in the cargo pocket of his patchwork corduroy shorts and dumps 30-odd pills into the grass next to him. sorta leans over and scoops up a handful, misses a bunch. i tap him on the shoulder and go "uh dude you missed some" and he diligently picks through the grass until he's got every last one, stands up, goes back to swaying. saw him the next day wearing the exact same clothes. intense.

2. campgrounds. i think thurs or fri night, probably like 4am. its pretty quiet. shit woke me out of a dead, heavily medicated sleep.

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

somebody finally rolls over and lets out a feeble "polo!" and the guy, sounding seriously relieved, says "thank you!!!" and wanders off.

i think i was the guy that rolled over and yelled polo. except it was hard to roll cause i was sitting in an airplane.

michelleie
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM

i swear i saw that guy at steve aoki. he hit me in the face with his backpack :/

CitizenJ
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
tooooo funny!!!!<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dqGaFgHpCk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dqGaFgHpCk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

haha. I bet he was there to see My Bloody Valentine.

karecares
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
wow that was incorporated into a dream while sleeping in the campgrounds! i can't believe the child on leash is actually real

Stefachink
04-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Kind of odd to see that in the sky at Coachella. Far East Movement is pretty much a 4-piece rap group of money-hungry asians trying to get famous off of their silly rhymes. I saw them live once at a benefit concert at a university and it was byfar the most horrible and degrading performance I've seen in my entire life. They kept yelling out for us to buy their CDs and shirts and stuff instead of actually putting on a show. Girls On The Dancefloor is one of their songs. The song was featured on one of the Fast & Furious racing movies. But yeah, it was the most saddest thing I've ever witnessed. I advise you to do NOT support Far East Movement.

Nina Bruja
04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
me and my friends were against the barricade behind the sound area. Right before MIA comes on a girl behind us says "Who is MIA?"

After MIA we wanted to leave so as we walk away the same girl gives us a look of utter shock and says

"OH MY GOD! ITS THE FUCKING KILLERS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

we laughed at her.

LameCake
04-27-2009, 12:16 AM

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

Omg I heard that too! I didn't remember until you brought it up. Although I was pissed that I only got like three hours of sleep, that sincerely made me giggle.

LameCake
04-27-2009, 12:29 AM
hahahaha, that was more than likely my friends who were rolling and their car was in lot 3. I didn't exactly have the last laugh that night, as I decided to stay and help them out when all my other friends went back to the house we were staying at. I first had to find them, and then find their fucking car, which took forever. Didn't get back to the house until 4...not a fun experience...

Aw :( well all I remember was the girl was pretty, and had a daisy headband, and the guy was in a white shirt...

- Something that happened on the way home from Coachella:
So we head out, it's dark, and we take the winding fucking roads through the mountains to get home, San Diego. We have our directions, and when going to palm springs it says make a left onto the 79, so we think we have to make a right. 79 pases, and I'm like, uhhh, it was a left turn, but I really think we had to turn there. My boyfriend and friend are like no no, it's coming up, you'll see. So we keep driving, and it's getting creepy as hell. winding roads, trees every where, can't see a damned thing. Then we pass a sign, "Devils Ladder." My boyfriend says, "Oh shit dude, that sign just said Devils Ladder, turn back !!!!!." So we kind of slow down, and then BOOM, Red and Blue lights fill the car. My friend, who was driving, said, "Oh thank god it's a cop." And I'm like, "Oh shit it's the fuz!! Then praying out loud that it's not some psycho killer cop that kills people who are lost, great timing when we were talking about the movie, "Wrong Turn." The cop tells my friend his break light is out, and then asks where we are going. We tell him, and he's like, "Yeah you are waaaaay lost, go back and make a right on 79." I was like TOLD YOU, I DONT CARE IF IT WAS A LEFT, GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. The whole ride home we had people ridding our asses, and passing us, then disappearing. I think we were all a bit delirious from exhaustion.

quicksand
04-27-2009, 01:57 PM
In traffic on Jefferson Street on Saturday, there was a huge line of cars, and people kept jumping out of cars, running across the street, and pissing in a field. Sometimes they'd have to walk past our van to get back to their cars, and we would give the occasional "I SAW YOU PEE!!" as they passed.

zenidogx
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
TVOTR: "Is everyone having a good time?"
Crowd: "wooooooooooooo!"
Tunde: "Somebody over here said no. You are entitled to your opinion!"

SFChrissy
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
"Do you have an extra cigarette"...You can get 2 packs at the cigarette tent...

Ellsworth
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
paris hilton crouching in the middle of the crowd during chem bros to smoke a bowl..
I tried getting a picture of this
didn't turn out

SFChrissy
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
paris hilton crouching in the middle of the crowd during chem bros to smoke a bowl..Pussy...

The number of little kids smoking pot at the dr. Dog show was mind blowing. i mean they looked like 12 year olds. i knew younger kids smoked weed, but these were like "kids". it was pretty startling. Maybe I'm starting to sound like an old man at the age of 23, but thats just me.No I agree...I hated when kids would see me burning and were giving me they eye they wanted in on my smokey dokey...

fat kids are always funny!I never put my kids on a leash and love the opportunity to talk shit to the parents that actually do...WTF, they aren't pets...

discobotica
04-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Aw :( well all I remember was the girl was pretty, and had a daisy headband, and the guy was in a white shirt...

yup.....that was definitely them......

as for the funniest thing I saw at Coachella 09 definitely had to be the old dude wrestling with his daughter (granddaughter maybe?) during Plump DJ's. I was just to the front and a little left of the middle soundboard (maybe it's the "lightboard"?) and this old guy, like we're talking 65+ definitely, is doin' his little dance and having a good time. A few groups of friends get their pictures taken with him, including mine, and then out of nowhere his drunken daughter/granddaughter tackles him and they're like wrestling and strangling each other on the ground. I worried for the poor bastard's health, but he got up like a champ and kept dancing...amazing! if you don't believe me, I have photo evidence....

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/3225_1069455178110_1278000031_1199312_789026_n.jpg
sorry for the blurriness....
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs032.snc1/3225_1069455218111_1278000031_1199313_5243597_n.jp g
and the cellulite....

Pegasus Bicycle
04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I stood behind a man in the Sahara during Chemical Brothers who was about 7 feet tall. Even the waistband on his underwear was taller than the average waistband. I wish I had taken a picture.

imapixie
04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
"im not sticking around for some wannabe tom waits!" - some girl pushing by us trying to leave the crowd at leonard cohen as fast as possible

wow. just wow.

Munneh
04-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Hahaha, this was my story, although I couldn't remember which act it was during.

Yeah, he fucking faceplanted, just like that. Everyone got the FUCK out of the way when he jumped.

Also, this chick was acting stupid during Blitzen Trapper on her BF's shoulders. He went to put her down, I looked away, and then heard this HUGE THUD (and that's saying something, as BT was loud as fuck) and she had fucking fallen off his shoulders and faceplanted so gooddamn hard. He was trying to omfort her, it was clearly an accident, but she was RIPPED, like hitting him and stuff. DRAMZ!

Groove Armada was playing in the Sahara.

I was in the front row next to that fence.

Some kid hops the fence runs past security and climbs on stage and
dances around for a few seconds.

Before security could catch him he dives back into the crows (swan dive style)

I assume he was hoping people would catch him and he would crowd suft away from security.

No one caught him.

Ouch, I thought.

beavington
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I tried getting a picture of this
didn't turn out

that wouldve paid you handsomely to the tabloids probably.

CalmerThanYou
04-27-2009, 09:09 PM
If anyone saw my friend drop to his knees, then face plant while getting ready to pose for a picture, please post your recollection of the event here.

i think it was during, or right before MACAs set.

kthnx

schmuee13
04-27-2009, 10:30 PM
well i didnt really see it but it happened to me
i was at the front of the crystal method and the guy next to me was rolling on E. We still had like 20 minutes before they came on and they started to test the fog machine, then i started to feel water on my feet, 2 seconds later 2 guys away from me tell the kid standing next to me to stop peeing and put away his junk. i then realized i got peed on
FML

matsuolost
04-28-2009, 12:11 AM

you have to be kidding

anonimouse
04-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I stood behind a man in the Sahara during Chemical Brothers who was about 7 feet tall. Even the waistband on his underwear was taller than the average waistband. I wish I had taken a picture.

was this a white guy with no shirt on towards the left side of the tent? when i was making my way out halfway through their set i walked behind him with my group and i had to stop, turn around and just look at the guy. i mean there are tall people out there but damn, this guy was tall!

Hawkings
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
During Paul some surly but funny kids behind us:
- Paul was telling a story of his life as a young man in Liverpool and they start saying ,"We've heard this one already". In response to Paul saying he has a new album ,"We hate new albums".

- While people watching, sitting in traffic coming in we saw a cute girl that was a spitting image of a 'chubby Phoebe Cates', which became part of a game, make up band names for 1:00 Gobi

-Random girl grabing my face and 'frisking' me as she pulls out a map and starts asking me about set times

-My buddy getting high, looking through a pair of Kaledescope glasses we had and giggling for 30 min straight during Ghostland

- A guy with a message 'My Bloody Fucking Valentine' scrolling on his IPOD he kept holding up during MBV, really nice guy, after telling me he's on the message boards he got sad, clammed up and said people didn't like him cause of what he said about Prince.

-Aussies with an inflatable Kangaroo

aguila26
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM
the conversation between the fleet foxes' drummer and some people up front, he said some stuff about beer and that "i love you" was not an appropiate response..

aguila26
04-30-2009, 12:21 AM
cute australian girl in blue diving through the crowd, showing her t's during bloody beetroots.

Reekinghaovc
04-30-2009, 08:20 PM
I saw a guy in a banana suit running through the crowd in the Sahara

nbvwes
05-02-2009, 01:33 AM
"that's what happens when you piss in my asshole..."
- overheard from the next camping group over, early evening on thursday, while we smoked the first camping group bowl of the weekend...

"No Automatic Weapons... No Swords... No Peyote Buttons... No Glass..."
-reentry guard on thursday, shortly before another guard brings him a hatchet someone had brought...

billy & i seeing Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus walking around bored and ignored during Noah & the Whale...

getting very groped by a very drunk middle-aged cowgirl at Stagecoach as she stumbled by...

Girl Talk's literal 'buzzkill'

the size of the crowd during Throbbing Gristle...

the dude who ran up to us at the cubetron sweaty & screaming about what he had just witnessed at MBV... we both agreed that we heard weird sounds & beats inside the noise... i wondered if he was on the same thing i was...

Amanda fucking Palmer crowd surfing from the stage to the sound booth only to play Radiohead's "Creep" on the ukelele...

the streaker on Sunday night who started in section A and from the screams in the distance, made it really far...

nbvwes
05-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Was he wearing a shirt that said "Had Enough? Vote Obama/Biden Nov 4th"?

That may have been me.

then i saw you... hilarious! i remember standing there and seeing you and saying 'ah... someone else gets it' while mostly everyone else was standing there like 'what the fuck is going on right now?'

--------------------------------------------------------------
THOU SHALT NOT PISS IN THE SAHARA!!!!

ghoulina
05-13-2009, 02:44 PM
An angry Mexican dude yelled to Robert Smith, "Tocca los viejos cabron!" which roughly translates to, "Play the old songs, fucker!"

zeg0ggles
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I was in the med-tent for a debilitating nosebleed when the cops came in with a guy tripping balls on acid. They were asking him a bunch of questions and he was completely unaware of most of it.

They asked him: "Are you on any medications?"
he replied: LSD!

It was awesome.

iloveorangejuice
05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I separated from my friends to watch Jenny Lewis. They wanted to watch the Chemical Bros. Anyway, I was sitting near the Outdoor Theatre, waiting for Jenny to start. A couple was standing over me talking. The guy says "So you want to just stay here?". She replies "No. This is chick music." Made me feel good. Thanks cunt.

jaguarpaw
05-16-2009, 05:53 PM
the kid from home alone 3 and max keeble's big move.
saw him during booker t. i didn't know if it was him at first because he's about 20-ish now but i asked politely if he had been in home alone 3, to which he replied "yes"

s0nn3
05-17-2009, 04:23 PM
-On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction. I was feeling pretty damn good. We all agree that its time to head into the festival. On the way I decided to stop off and piss in between some tents. This is where it starts to get real fuzzy. I dont remember anything after that besides a little bit of walking in between the palm trees at the entrance. Next thing I know Im waking up in my buddies tent, halfway in and halfway out. Its dark now and I had a horrible headache and was very confused and still somewhat drunk. I couldnt see straight and fumbled around in the dark with my tent zipper for a good 15 minutes. Finally got it open, was hoping to find some Advil. Remembered that I had left it in my truck in the parking lot. Figured I was screwed and tried to sleep it off. What I failed to remember was that I had some Aleve in my shaving kit. FAIL. Come to find out next morning from my friends that I was having a good time, laying in the sun with one hand in the air keeping beat with Spearhead at the main stage. I got drug by my foot while I was passed out and somebody clapped my hands for me. I regret not getting to enjoy the Sahara on Saturday night but thats a great war story for me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/s0nn3/coachella23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/s0nn3/coachella25.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/s0nn3/coachella26.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/s0nn3/coachella31.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/s0nn3/coachella30.jpg

-the creepy dudes in the camping parking lot selling Jello Shots. One was wearing a Dave Mathews Band shirt. The other must have been a product of incest, and he had what can only be described as splinters of teeth left in his mouth. Meth is a helluva drug.

-quotes from the weekend.
-"theres puke in my mouth and its not mine."

- the gay guys staying across from us saying "Butt Sex!"

-guy 1 "i was at *buraka som sistema* and they had the crowd....
guy 2 "who?"
guy 1 "uhh buraka som sistema"
guy 2 "bless you"
guy 1 "wow, way to whip that out way to late"

-"Thom Yorke at the Gobi, 8 oClock"

-The absolutely medicinal Arnold Palmer from the Spicy Pie stand in the campground.

-The baggy full of pure molly

-The hash krispies

-LEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

-The guy in the campground yelling "Fuuck Paul McCartneeyyyyyy!"

JustSteve
05-17-2009, 04:31 PM
-On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction.

umm, overkill? why would you drink that much at that time of the day? so not worth it.

frazzles
05-17-2009, 06:33 PM
well i didnt really see it but it happened to me
i was at the front of the crystal method and the guy next to me was rolling on E. We still had like 20 minutes before they came on and they started to test the fog machine, then i started to feel water on my feet, 2 seconds later 2 guys away from me tell the kid standing next to me to stop peeing and put away his junk. i then realized i got peed on
FML

Shit, I was right there. Were you the guy right in front with your girl/wife/sister/whatever that was about 10 seconds away from kicking his ass? Or just some other dude that got R Kelly'd?

Those fuckers were annoying as shit. Especially the fat friend who kept talking about how "chill" I was because I didn't yell at him to shut the fuck up, but explained that if "nothing happened" like he said, he'd have no reason to be incessantly babbling about WHAMBULANCES and shit.

s0nn3
05-18-2009, 07:27 AM
umm, overkill? why would you drink that much at that time of the day? so not worth it.

Yes.... and thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

Annieshanta
05-20-2009, 12:53 AM
During vacation with friends, there are a lot of funny things we saw.That was very funny and we really enjoy our vacation. you should go for vacation very often to relax.

grind
05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
-While dancing up a storm, front and center during the bloody beetroots, I saw greenman crowd surf right up to where I was. I then started to help him back up while screaming "get this fucker on stage!!!"

Sadly he didn't get up there. But later he said that he had crowd surfed all around the sahara and had a crazy time.

-after separating from my friends on friday to see girl talk and the presets, I went to catch the second half of macca's set. Sitting by myself listening was awesome but then I randomly ran into one of my friends. Out of sooo many people! They lead me back to our group of friends and we got there right as fireworks went off it was amazing haha

ADGZ662
05-20-2009, 02:08 PM
-On saturday, my camping group and myself headed out to the parking lot at about Noon or 1ish and promptly drank everything in sight. I shotgunned many PBR's and downed about 3 jello shots which we bought from a couple of strange dudes in the parking lot. (More on them later) I got nice and drunk. We head back to the tents and I decide to drink some sort of crown royal concoction. I was feeling pretty damn good. We all agree that its time to head into the festival. On the way I decided to stop off and piss in between some tents. This is where it starts to get real fuzzy. I dont remember anything after that besides a little bit of walking in between the palm trees at the entrance. Next thing I know Im waking up in my buddies tent, halfway in and halfway out. Its dark now and I had a horrible headache and was very confused and still somewhat drunk. I couldnt see straight and fumbled around in the dark with my tent zipper for a good 15 minutes. Finally got it open, was hoping to find some Advil. Remembered that I had left it in my truck in the parking lot. Figured I was screwed and tried to sleep it off. What I failed to remember was that I had some Aleve in my shaving kit. FAIL. Come to find out next morning from my friends that I was having a good time, laying in the sun with one hand in the air keeping beat with Spearhead at the main stage. I got drug by my foot while I was passed out and somebody clapped my hands for me. I regret not getting to enjoy the Sahara on Saturday night but thats a great war story for me.

Good job idiot you deserve not remembering the fun you were having, why?....... If I ever saw anyone pissing on my tent or next to me in a crowd you'd regret being you at that moment.

EDIT: ohhh i didn't notice your from Bakersfield, it makes more sense now.

s0nn3
05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Good job idiot you deserve not remembering the fun you were having, why?....... If I ever saw anyone pissing on my tent or next to me in a crowd you'd regret being you at that moment.

EDIT: ohhh i didn't notice your from Bakersfield, it makes more sense now..

No.. No I wouldnt regret being me, if youre the type of clown who would try and fight somebody at Coachella, then you are the type of person that nobody wants at Coachella. Somebody pissing in a crowd at Coachella is much more acceptable then starting a fight, are you some kinda "BRO" or what? LMAO.. Go be an e-thug elsewhere, youre a joke.

In addition, I didnt piss ON a tent you dolt. ARE YOU ILLITERATE ?!?! Try sounding it out... "..in between some tents.." Im not a dick so try again there little guy. Oh and well done on the Bakersfield comment, you can stereotype and cast aspersions, BRAVO!........twit.

frazzles
05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure pissing in a crowd where a good percentage of the people walk barefoot and/or with minimal foot coverage and someone starting a fight are both on somewhat level playing fields. Both are asshole moves. No one wants either of these types there.

Seriously.

blackchango
05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnPkaOSvqeg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnPkaOSvqeg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Actually, I'm pretty sure pissing in a crowd where a good percentage of the people walk barefoot and/or with minimal foot coverage and someone starting a fight are both on somewhat level playing fields. Both are asshole moves. No one wants either of these types there.

Seriously.

Maybe getting this for coachella 10 will even the playing field.

greghead
05-20-2009, 06:39 PM

You are fucking retarded, what's wrong with y . . . oh wait, you're from Bakersfield, nevermind. I know you live in the shit middle of nowhere, but that's no excuse to piss in between the tents where people sleep. Please get killed before next year.

ADGZ662
05-21-2009, 12:07 AM
No.. No I wouldnt regret being me, if youre the type of clown who would try and fight somebody at Coachella, then you are the type of person that nobody wants at Coachella. Somebody pissing in a crowd at Coachella is much more acceptable then starting a fight, are you some kinda "BRO" or what? LMAO.. Go be an e-thug elsewhere, youre a joke.

In addition, I didnt piss ON a tent you dolt. ARE YOU ILLITERATE ?!?! Try sounding it out... "..in between some tents.." Im not a dick so try again there little guy. Oh and well done on the Bakersfield comment, you can stereotype and cast aspersions, BRAVO!........twit.

E-thug WTF!!! nonono you got me all wrong, what I said is justified, now I know a festival the size of Coachella there is bound to be some pissing going on, vomiting, and so on but if you piss okay go off to an area where there isn't much people or in a bottle, but not on a fucking tent or in between a tent thats not even yours what the fuck is that shit idiot let me go piss around you fucker, you sound like the "bro" type bro. Im just about having the greatest time ever at the fest as I do every year, never have no problems. If I saw you or someone doing that id get pissed most likely call person out on it and either a) piss back on them or b) spit on person then id just take it from there and see what happens.

ADGZ662
05-21-2009, 12:28 AM
="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnPkaOSvqeg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnPkaOSvqeg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe getting this for coachella 10 will even the playing field.

yes yes two men pissing on each other art for Coachella '10 LoL. Just a thought but, should they add a female in there poppin a squat ya know... to not discrimanate and give them girls a chance:)

s0nn3
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Worried about stepping in piss, hope you didnt use the porta-lets. Piss is the least of your worries in there. Night night children.

btw.. thats my buddies tent. LMAO..

Girl On The Wing
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs090.snc1/4642_97276932880_500862880_1868474_5950595_n.jpg

???

(During Atmosphere.)

blackchango
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I didnt know aphex twin had children.

nbvwes
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM

i actually was going to defend you until you posted this... now i agree with ADGZ662...

& NO. PISSING IN A CROWD AT COACHELLA IS not MORE ACCEPTABLE THAN STARTING A FIGHT...

that might be the ONE time coachellites would CHEER a fight if it was putting an end to the pissing...

nbvwes
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
fuck it, next year everytime i see a person pissing, i'm just gonna walk up to the person and piss on their leg...

ElBlueblazer
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
i pissed on 2 dudes that were fighting.

anonimouse
05-22-2009, 10:14 PM

Seriously.

SERIOUSLY!

if you are pissing on the field and your stream is not hitting a chain link fence way the fuck on the border of the fields then you are either lazy, stupid, or just have no respect for your fellow coachelleanszsz

Sleepingrock
05-23-2009, 01:20 AM
I loved those bathrooms soooooooo much.....not the porta potties but the ones people rarely used for some reason..........2 guys in the guys line with 10 girls in the guys line too

Sleepingrock
05-23-2009, 01:21 AM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs090.snc1/4642_97276932880_500862880_1868474_5950595_n.jpg

???

(During Atmosphere.)

Atmosphere seemed to have a "bro" crowd