PDA

View Full Version : Life Changing Coachella Moments.

AAM!!!
04-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Tell about the moments at Coachella that changed you in some way.

Mine was MBV
How can anything comapre to that?
They ARE the greatest live band i have ever seen.

So what band/song/dj changed you!?

Boourns
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah

/thread

King Fausto
04-20-2009, 04:19 PM

/thread

As cheesy of a moment as it was, it definetely was amazing singing Hallelujah with thousands of other people.

I think Cohen's set was the most touching set of this year, for me at least.

goldfromla
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Being on the rail for the last 3 sunday sahara acts. Groove armada was soo fun.

rskapcat
04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
"You Made Me Realise".
Amanda Fucking Palmer.
"Maps". Cheesy choice, I know. But damn it if that didn't almost make me cry!
"Blackbird".
"All These Things I've Done". Another cheesy choice, but the singalong was great.
Being enthralled by Throbbing Gristle.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that stand out.

digitalmau5
04-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Listening to Flying Lotus in the dome on shrooms and e was life changing.

ReaganSMASH
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
MBV, Macca, YYYs, and The Presets. Certain moments during those sets are my favorite moments. I can't really say any of these were life changing though, but they are definitely gonna be the things I remember when I think about Coachella 09.

faxman75
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Life changing would have to be My Bloody Valentine. I still can't believe what I heard. Unfuckingreal. I wondered if the entire polo fields were able to hear it.

cormaic
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
After Amanda Palmer hugged and kissed me on the cheek I was sort of stumbling around the gobi-sahara area for a good fifteen minutes.

Also;
Hey Jude (obviously)
Leonard Cohen (Every time he said 'Thank you so much, friends,' I could feel my heart just melt)
My Bloody Valentine was the closest I came to being in a trance during any kind of concert ever I'm not usually the kind of person to do that, but I was just staring at the stage, thinking "Holy shit."
The Cure playing a majority of Disintegration tracks was awesome, too.

zamuelwashington
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
leaving mstrkrft for flying lotus reminded me that you dont need a big a stage to be so dam good. he set was way different from what i expected hearing his stuff online and ended his act with a live scratching he did just there. ridiculously awesome

madmermaid
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
1. My Bloody Valentine's ending "sonic holocaust", which I described here (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31121&page=3).
2. Leonard Cohen. I was extremely excited to see him ever since he was announced, and I melted pretty much every time he opened his mouth, but when he started doing his dance during one of the more uptempo songs, I just lost it and started tearing up! Oh, Leonard! :-D But seriously, the man is a poet and it was an honor to see him in person.
3. Calexico. I'd seen them once before, but this time was spectacular. Something about the brightness of the brass mixing with the heat and the sunset and the palm trees... the difference is that they were in their element this time--the desert! Some of their songs have such sorrow in them, but it is a peaceful kind of sorrow. They embrace their sorrow and channel it into music that is artful, emotional, sincere. I am a great fan of lots of "goth music", but Calexico stands out and really hits the nail on the head when it comes to embracing sorrow and making it beautiful.
4. The Cure gained my utmost respect by playing two songs after their sound was cut off. Singing along to Boys Don't Cry with all of the fans surrounding me on the field was one of the most fun moments this weekend. Oh, and to the people to the left of me dancing like there was no tomorrow: you rock.
5. Last but certainly not least: Henry Rollins is truly inspiring. Basically, he said "Fuck the man, war is a scam, we need to stop being afraid of each other because we are all in this together" but in much more articulate words. He flies across the world to places that we are told to be afraid of, and in his words, sticks his hand out and says "Hi, how's it going, I'm Henry" and tries to make a connection with people, and he's very successful in it. I have a tremendous desire to travel as much as I can, and I really need to find a way to get out there more, and learn to reach out to people like he does so that we can come together, fight "the man" and learn from each other.

And tons more that I might add later. To sum up: COACHELLAAAAA!!!

Kid B
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise
The Cure - Their entire set, opening with Underneath the Stars, A Forest, and the last encore.
McCartney - A Day in the Life
Cohen - Hallelujah

xxbr00talxx
04-20-2009, 07:12 PM
the entire beirut set

kroqken
04-21-2009, 10:38 PM
It is all about My Bloody Valentine!

zenidogx
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
backpedaling to the Mojave while watching the Cure do "Love Song" after Public Enemy closed with "Fight the Power"

or

leaving Cohen after "Democracy" thinking i was headed to Beirut when Moz goes into "Girlfriend in a Coma".

quicksand
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM

/thread

life changing? really?

quicksand
04-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Listening to Flying Lotus in the dome on shrooms and e was life changing.

that's more like it.

im so indie
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I met a lot of great people and who inspired me to get back into making music again.

I also saw Paul McCartney..........TWICE!

Not too shabby

EverGreen407
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Dancing my ass off to the Presets with all of my close friends! I'll never forget when we all sang and hugged each other on the dance floor :)

MJ 6687
04-22-2009, 02:33 AM
-Just seeing Paul McCartney. Just to hear him sing in person. The Beatles are so epic and I am still processing that I was able to see one of them preform.
-The audience singing along with Robert Smith to 'Boy's Don't Cry'. That moment was the most fun out of the three days.
-Conor Oberst laughing at my boyfriend while we were watching Jenny Lewis.
-My baby boy kicking through Morrissey's whole set. He already is a fan.

wantabodylikeme
04-22-2009, 03:01 AM
mbv was THE life changing moment of coachella

Aurgasm
04-22-2009, 03:52 AM
paul.. leonard... TG... late of the pier was REALLY fun...

the orb with boardies. crookers-chemis-mstrkrft straight though even though it was underwhelming at first.

TomAz
04-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Leonard Cohen and MBV. both tore down walls in my brain.

hobomilitia
04-22-2009, 10:37 AM
seeing a mother fucking BEATLE

*SURREAL*
04-22-2009, 11:35 AM
-fireworks going off for live or let die during maccas set
-trip'n during the cure
-walking into camp thursday for my first time and hearing everyone yell coachelllaaaa
-leaveing camp monday morning , and looking back to say goodbye , to realize i just experienced the best weekend of my life !!!