PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One Wishing For MJ?

tafoyachris
04-20-2009, 09:36 AM
The ultimate headliner would be Michael Jackson. Paul was great this year and I think he's cooler than Michael, but regardless of what he does or people think of him, they will come see him.

If MJ headlined Coachella, tickets would sell out on the first day; maybe even the first 5 minutes.

This would be my dream act

MarkO
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Pedo convention ?

EVillSD
04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Fuck That Idea!

Shooters08
04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Michael Jackson
MUSE
Daft Punk
Coachella 2010

tigermilkboy
04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Whilst a Michael Jackson headlining slot would provide a sell-out, it would also change the audience and the dyanmic for that day. I would guarantee you get Jackson fans pretty much nailed down to the front of the Main Stage for the whole day and pretty much disinterested in anything that is on stage before MJ.

Personally, I don't see MJ playing outdoors. He pretty much wears a mask outdoors and suffers from numerous allergies. The dust and heat would produce a lot of difficulties.

coachy_Jedi
04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
I was sitting on the grass waiting for Sir Paul to come on, and a very nice girl leaned over and told me that Michael Jackson was going to come out and do an oncore with Sir Paul. I was pretty messed up, but I got really excited, she even showed me a text she received from her 'friend' that knew the scoop. I kind of believed her b/c she said she lived in Indio, and I kind maybe assumed she knew what was up....OR it could of been the drugs....hahahha

Anyway....no MJ......

KickerConspiracy
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I mentioned this to my gf on the way home and she thought I was insane. As someone who was in my teens when Thriller came out I could not think of a more electrifying performer.

I read this article in a British paper that said his health is poor (allegedly, he can't breathe out of his nose at all anymore), and they don't expect he will be able to play the 50 dates he has scheduled in London later this year. Supposedly, nobody will insure him past 10 performances so the promoter is assuming all liability for cancellations.

If Michael can cope with the 50 performances, there would be no headliner I would be more excited for (well, I suppose if the Smiths reunited but that's unlikely)

mcskye
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM
MJ would melt

Devin the Dude
04-21-2009, 11:17 AM
FACES!

oooohhh

tafoyachris
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
I guess his health would definitely be an issue. We'll see what happens...... The thing about Michael is, no matter what anyone says - even the naysayers - you know they'd be right there watching too!!!! If you don't like Michael Jackson, you haven't listened to his music. Now, him personally....who knows? You might as well try to hang out with Santa Clause.

NiceArthur32
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
i fucking LOVE michael jackson...

and little boys.

patricksw
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
My #1 regret to this day was not going to the party they threw at Neverland Ranch a few years ago when he was getting desperate. My boyfriend at the time was working for the ticket company and went... but we were fighting so he didn't bring me. That bitch!!

MJ FOR 2010! with Daft Punk and BOWIE! HOT!

Amneeziac
04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.clubstandup.com/ver3/images/newreleases/bamford_unwanted.jpg

SDsoldier7
05-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Im with you on MJ. they wouldnt be able to announce that he would be headlining till the day of the party though. cause tickets would sell out instantly. it would have to be done much like prince was in 08. this would be the definition of EPIC

frazzles
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
While I'm somewhat worried about the dynamic of that day, I'm not really at the same time. MJ would be a great headliner, no doubt.

But I seriously doubt this would happen.

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 04:24 PM
itd be kinda cool but nah, ill pass. he wouldnt deal with the festival grounds and i dont see goldenvoice dealing with him.

gaypalmsprings
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/46500/Pedo-Man--46579.jpg

cubrocker
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.funnybeez.com/funnypictures/michael-jackson-tattoo.jpg