PDA

View Full Version : 29 bands in 2 days, 1 rant, 2 disappointments

ugachaka
04-19-2009, 08:34 AM
i came into this year wondering morrissey? wtf? whats the appeal?
i saw him, and still feel the same way, so i cannot really consider this a disappointment.
the fact that i saw him minus a shirt will leave unpleasantness in my still unconceived childrens mouths, and my wish for his great suffering will remain intact for the remainder of his useless little life. damn i need a steak, well done!!!

patton and rahzel...damn i wanted to see them bad, and i did, they were lower than pathetic. this is coming from a mike patton super fan!!! they were just so mad that they had to compete with paul mccartney that they didnt even try. i tell ya, as a musician, if i have 100 or less people that are ignoring paul mccartney to watch me perform?!? they will get the best possible out of me not a bunch of jealous rantings.

my final disappointment was m.i.a. what even gives them a right to even be on the same poster as amanda palmer? i wasnt even an amanda palmer fan until yesterday.

conor oberst, blitzen trapper,tinariwen, calexico, molotov, superchunk, drive-by truckers, peanut butter wolf, black keys, michael franti & spearhead, fleet foxes, amanda palmer, bob mould band, the do lab, paul mccartney, were all never miss agains.

the rest were good but forgettable, i.e. franz ferdinand, leonard cohen, band of horses, tv on the radio, etc.

ok, 3 more disappointments, mastodon, atmosphere, and the killers...not their fault though, i got sick and had to leave and i am disappointed i missed them!

shermanoaksyo
04-19-2009, 08:39 AM
top 5 so far:

Black Keys, Crystal Castles, McCartney, Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes.

Also good: Gui Boratto, Los Campesinos!, We Are Scientists, Leonard Cohen, Dr. Dog, Tinariwen, Crookers, Chems

Parenthetical Boy
04-19-2009, 09:00 AM
i saw him, and still feel the same way, so i cannot really consider this a disappointment.
the fact that i saw him minus a shirt will leave unpleasantness in my still unconceived childrens mouths, and my wish for his great suffering will remain intact for the remainder of his useless little life. damn i need a steak, well done!!!

patton and rahzel...damn i wanted to see them bad, and i did, they were lower than pathetic. this is coming from a mike patton super fan!!! they were just so mad that they had to compete with paul mccartney that they didnt even try. i tell ya, as a musician, if i have 100 or less people that are ignoring paul mccartney to watch me perform?!? they will get the best possible out of me not a bunch of jealous rantings.

my final disappointment was m.i.a. what even gives them a right to even be on the same poster as amanda palmer? i wasnt even an amanda palmer fan until yesterday.

conor oberst, blitzen trapper,tinariwen, calexico, molotov, superchunk, drive-by truckers, peanut butter wolf, black keys, michael franti & spearhead, fleet foxes, amanda palmer, bob mould band, the do lab, paul mccartney, were all never miss agains.

the rest were good but forgettable, i.e. franz ferdinand, leonard cohen, band of horses, tv on the radio, etc.

ok, 3 more disappointments, mastodon, atmosphere, and the killers...not their fault though, i got sick and had to leave and i am disappointed i missed them!
You have the musical maturity of a ten year old. Grow up.

TomAz
04-19-2009, 09:07 AM
He's right on Morrissey though.

Olivia_Franny
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
...and mia.

JebusLives
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
You have the musical maturity of a ten year old. Grow up.

You need a new line.

arya.
04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
My top few so far:
The Bloody Beetroots, Aoki, Joss Stone, Atmosphere, Ida Maria, Spearhead

ugachaka
04-19-2009, 03:27 PM
those whove posted their top few, great choices. parenthetical boy, tell that to the replacements, blind melon, jellyfish, quicksand, leon redbone, lyle lovett, wynton marsalis, and your mama!!!

DFrank
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM

Wow, i really never leave coachella with disappointments from the past years ive gone. I'm glad you've been tallying the bad times you had. Oh, and M.I.A killed it.

eleanor_rigby
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
those whove posted their top few, great choices. parenthetical boy, tell that to the replacements, blind melon, jellyfish, quicksand, leon redbone, lyle lovett, wynton marsalis, and your mama!!!

lol...burn

my review purely from the webcast
rocked it: macca, franz
no no: m.i.a.,morissey
eh neither way: the rest