PDA

View Full Version : The Mystic Oasis

dkbdog
02-15-2007, 02:19 PM
The last couple years I sent a similar message warning about the Mystic Oasis, and some people didn't believe me, but the following is entirely true ...
There is an artistic waterfall that somebody brings to Coachella, at least for the last two years. It is situated in front of one of the tents that people use to relax. Anyway, people walk by the waterfall and cool off by sticking their head under the dripping water - sometimes they wash their feet or sandals in it, and sometimes they rinse their entire sweaty body in the water. Well, my warning is ... DON'T DO IT! See the water just falls into a basin, and then drains into a small tank, where a pump recirculates the water back up to the top of the waterfall. I asked the guy that was taking care of the apparatus last year if the water goes through any sand or other type of filter after everyone rinses off, and he just smiled and shook his head. By the end of the day, that small tank of water is likely more salt than water. So, no matter how hot you are, and how refreshing that dripping water looks, just remember that it is just a lot of recirculating water mixed with body salt and whatever else people have been washing off. I'd say to just buy an extra $3 water and dump it over your head.

jackstraw94086
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Your mother must have been a terror

kreutz2112
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
dkbdog, every year people bring AIDZ NEEDLES into the venue...my advice to you...dont stick your head under the waterfall if someone who carries AIDZ NEEDLEZ has already done so.

dkbdog
02-15-2007, 02:50 PM
AIDZ NEEDLEZ are indeed a crime, and surely nothing to be soaking your head in.

My mother was a lovely person - but I don't think she would have liked Jackstraw.

Anyway, keep your heads out of the Mystic Oasis. See you Friday.

jackstraw94086
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
My mother was a lovely person - but I don't think she would have liked Jackstraw.

indeed, she always did fault me for not sharing her love of watersports.

fober
02-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I remember that guy in '99 who had a random hose in the middle of the fields.

Thanks random hose guy.

You were great.

StudioStatic
02-16-2007, 11:48 PM
I remember that guy in '99 who had a random hose in the middle of the fields.

Thanks random hose guy.

You were great.

A real American hero.