PDA

View Full Version : Do Coachella in a Wheel Chair?

saviourface
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I broke my ankle and I'm in a cast ) :
I still really want to go!
I know its all grass fields so I'm not sure if I can make this work being that my friend would have to push me all day? Would it even be fun?
Anyone have any experience or advice on this?

dantoro
04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
I broke my ankle and I'm in a cast ) :
I still really want to go!
I know its all grass fields so I'm not sure if I can make this work being that my friend would have to push me all day? Would it even be fun?
Anyone have any experience or advice on this?

Hellzyeah take advantage of all the $$ goldenvoice has put in to disability access...

do it!!
and double your painpillz (you may have to kick down to your push buddy)

ivankay
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
This page will provide some interesting reading. (http://www.coachella.com/event/ada)

i have seen plenty of people in wheelchairs or on crutches (even in a wagon). They seemed pretty happy to be there. Your friend will definitely have to help you, but wouldn't you do it for her/him? She'll / He'll be fine. You'd be cool if your friend wheeled you up a ramp and went into the crowd for a few songs? Hopefully they'd be the kind of friend to come back and get you. Some people enjoy watching from the elevated view and consider it a perk for being the wheelchair pusher.

faxman75
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Andrew hung with our camping group quite a bit last year and he's not fortunate enough to have a temporary issue. This proves you can do ANYTHING you want to do. Check out the movie and the adventure he went on last year. He should be at Coachella again this year. On this site you will find one of the most inspirational movie trailers you have ever seen. In other words, don't be a pussy, if this cat can travel the world and go to Coachella, i'm sure you will be fine. :)

http://www.btcmovie.com/btcultimate/phase1/landingpage/

Reekinghaovc
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I saw a guy in a wheelchair.. I felt bad... but then I saw him running peoples toes over and I stopped feeling sorry for him.