PDA

View Full Version : That misleading presale was kind of sh*tty.

braundiggity
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Seriously. How many people do you think bought presale tickets expecting The Police to be there, and how pissed do you think those people are now (referring to the LA Times confirmations of RHCP, Rage, and Bjork)?

I am a little stunned neither Smashing Pumpkins or Police are there. I mean, Rage will be amazing, but I've never gotten into Bjork, and RHCP are a bit disappointing, I feel like they're always touring.

Mostly I'm just pissed to have been so mislead. But I doubt they'll add someone of Pumpkins or Police magnitude if they're not announced officially tomorrow.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I think we should all wait to weigh in until we actually get the line-up officially. There could be hoaxes within hoaxes here, if you know what I mean. Also, this small leak of the line-up is terrific no matter who's not there: Rage. Bjork. Arcade Fire. Interpol. Air. Sonic Youth. The Roots. All outstanding.

That said, if this whole "bleep tha Police" thing (especially the presale password) is a joke, then that's fucking wrong, and it's a deliberate punch in the nuts to a loyal fanbase.

KungFuJoe
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Well, that info was not meant to be public. Only for those in the community. Therefore the only people that were supposed to know about the presale would be those that would buy the tickets regardless of who was playing.

Those, if any, who bought tickets soley for the fact that they assumed The Police would be playing are dumb and I don't feel bad for them. It's going to be a great festival with or without The Police

menikmati
01-21-2007, 02:01 PM
the people who SHOULD of been buying presale tickets were members of the coachella community (meaning they bought tix and went last year and probably were planning to go this year regardless). GV was fucked with last year (the fake poster), so they messed you with back. I find it very funny.

braundiggity
01-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I mean, yeah. It's going to be a balls-out awesome festival. I'm psyched for almost everybody mentioned in the LA Times article. But regardless, to very explicitly suggest someone will be there and coerce people to get (non-refundable) tickets on that suggestion and then basically reveal that it was a big joke is a horrible way to do business. Coachella is a major financial investment (for a poor college student like myself, anyway), and I'm not gonna lie, I'm really angry that they'd be so intentionally misleading. Jokes ain't funny when it's something like $400 out of my pocket

Again, I'm psyched regardless, and I'm holding out all judgement until tomorrow. But if they're not on the lineup, it's ridiculous.

bmack86
01-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I love the passive voice there Erik

GV was fucked with last year (the fake poster)
who is it that did the fucking?

menikmati
01-21-2007, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
kung fo joe said it the best.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 02:13 PM
the people who SHOULD of been buying presale tickets were members of the coachella community (meaning they bought tix and went last year and probably were planning to go this year regardless). GV was fucked with last year (the fake poster), so they messed you with back. I find it very funny.

GV got fucked with last year how, exactly? People got super excited for the line-up announcement - which has become an adult version of Christmas for thousands of people in the world - and made a wish-list poster; therefore, they deserve vengeance? They deserve to be given hope that a favorite disbanded group is about to reunite for the festival, only to have that hope dashed, simply because they let their enthusiasm for the fest run a little awry? And sure, maybe people shouldn't buy tickets to a festival just to see one band that might play based on an assumed password clue; that doesn't mean it's not a known fact that some will do just that, and then feel severely screwed when the hint is revealed to be a falsehood. So, the lesson being taught here is - don't get too excited for this festival, and don't buy tickets until you know for sure you want to go. If that's the case, then why keep the line-up a secret, and why sell tickets before the line-up is announced if that's not what you want to happen?

Again - this is all speculative. We don't know who's playing until tomorrow or whenever KROQ/GV make it public, and it bears repeating that the acts leaked by the L.A. Times are mostly terrific. I, for one, will not in any way be ungrateful if the actual line-up is along those lines. But if the whole Police thing does turn out to be a hoax, I would like someone to explain why excited speculation on the part of the Coachella community deserves to be answered with a cruel, deliberate tease.

bmack86
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Dani, your avatar constantly amazes me. I like to imagine what that guy is trying to do.

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 02:15 PM
the police are not playing. the password was a joke for our community people because of all the crazy rumors going around. we never said they were playing, for all you know roxanne is the name of the owner of the company's daughter.

york707
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
very explicitly suggest

Are you familiar with the definition of the word explicit?

Also - BBaller - was Rage the one you knew about but couldn't say anything?

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 02:22 PM
the police are not playing. the password was a joke for our community people because of all the crazy rumors going around. we never said they were playing, for all you know roxanne is the name of the owner of the company's daughter.

Go ahead and say that all you want, but you're not fooling anyone. Passwords on just about every concert presale known to man are in some way tied to the acts playing. Not to mention, the word Police being bleeped in conjunction with that password would suggest....ugh. You know exactly what we're saying.

The Police not playing is not a big deal; a deliberate suggestion that they are when they're not, is. Don't worry, the message is loud and clear - we're idiots for caring so much about the festival, being cynical and indifferent to things like a line-up unveiling is the way to go. God damn. It's a good day for indie douchery.

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 02:29 PM
geez, take a pill.

bballarl
01-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes York. Story coming later.

braundiggity
01-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Fine. Call it an implicit suggestion. Though it wasn't very subtle; I'd argue that the intentionality behind it made it an explicit suggestion, as explicit as can be without saying "The Police will be there, shh!"

Doesn't change the fact that it's a majorly douchey thing to do. And it's majorly douchey because people are spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to come to this festival. If it weren't attached to a presale, it'd be a joke, not a douche-move. We deserve better. Especially those of us who are diehard fans who plan/hope to come every year.

Boourns
01-21-2007, 02:43 PM
So the Smashing Pumpkins are actually reuniting, which is old news, a new album is coming out soon, they never played Coachella, and yet we are stuck with the Chili Peppers again. Wheee.

wmgaretjax
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
i'm glad we were fucked with. it makes it more interesting. we're all going anyway right?

york707
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
The point of the presale is that you get a discount for being willing to buy a ticket without knowing the lineup. That is precisely what it is. Pretending that you know what the lineup is going to be is a risk you take. If you don't want to to risk it, wait until the lineup is announced.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Fine. Call it an implicit suggestion. Though it wasn't very subtle; I'd argue that the intentionality behind it made it an explicit suggestion, as explicit as can be without saying "The Police will be there, shh!"

Doesn't change the fact that it's a majorly douchey thing to do. And it's majorly douchey because people are spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to come to this festival. If it weren't attached to a presale, it'd be a joke, not a douche-move. We deserve better. Especially those of us who are diehard fans who plan/hope to come every year.

Exactly. I don't understand what's to gain from having "roxanne" as the presale password when the implications are easy to predict and the gain is....basically....somebody on the other end of the internet has some laughs.

It's a cynical and disgusting day when people can talk themselves into believing that people deserve punishment simply for getting excited about the opportunity to see a favorite band, particularly one who hasn't played in 20 years.

rampaige
01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
If the presale password had been siamese dream, I would be crying right now.

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
( this is tt's girlfriend)
It was outstanding! I am so happy the Police are NOT @ coachella. If so, my dad would have hitched a ride w/ us!! Haha. We bought tix anyway- Police or no Police because its 3 days and Coachella never disapoints. Bjork is beautiful and a breath of fresh air. Besides I havent gone to Coachella for headliners since '04. Its about the up and coming, rarities, etc. Good job Psychic Friend I applaud you.
However if this is another smokescreen, and Bjork isnt there... i may cry dead kittens.

NoneForMeThanks
01-21-2007, 02:55 PM
How many times has PF said The Police are *not* playing. Did you read the post that said it was between "ROXANNE" and "GWEN"? Yes, passwords usually relate to the artist playing, but it's not a law. As PF has said repeatedly, Police-related words were blocked to keep info about the presale from spreading. If the password has been "Sharpie" we would have been prevented from talking about permanent markers.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 03:00 PM
How many times has PF said The Police are *not* playing. Did you read the post that said it was between "ROXANNE" and "GWEN"? Yes, passwords usually relate to the artist playing, but it's not a law. As PF has said repeatedly, Police-related words were blocked to keep info about the presale from spreading. If the password has been "Sharpie" we would have been prevented from talking about permanent markers.

Right. It's not a law that presale passwords have to indicate the group playing, but you're lying to yourself if you're saying that people are completely wrong for taking that as an indication of what could come. Yes, one should only buy presale tickets if one is sure to attend regardless of who ends up on the roster; that doesn't mean that a loaded password won't make someone go giddy with excitement and buy a ticket when they may otherwise not have been able to attend. Think about it - longtime Coachella fan can't attend this year, suddenly gets the email and realizes that a band they haven't seen in 20 years, if ever, is now playing, and thus buys a presale ticket. Obviously, not correct, but can you really blame them? And do they really deserve that just so someone can have a laugh? They can sell the ticket on eBay, of course, but that still creates an unnecessary inconvenience. Not to mention, we can put "scalping" next to "indifference" and "disloyalty" on the list of things apparently being promoted here.

Also, PF denies every board rumor, because it's her job to keep the order. That requires her to bend the truth once in a while, and we all know it; it's part of the game.

Of course I'm not 100% serious about what I'm saying, but those of you acting like this is some kind of deserved comeuppance for the hysteria of line-up season are out of your minds.

NeverMyopic
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I never thought twice about the pre-sale code, I actually figured it was just someone that worked for or was related to someone at GV. Also, if you were going to buy your tickets pre-sale (as I have for the past 6 years), you buy them for the fact that you're going no matter who is playing - to experience, the whole event. I love everything about it (there are bads, but mostly goods). As it's been stated many times on this board, most people go for the undercard anyways. If you don't like the headliners, there are, at least, 3 other places to view bands/djs; plus there is always some art/food/radio/beer tent to hang out in. If all else fails, hang out and talk to your friends or people watch which is always fun at Coachella. Just have fun and don't be so bitter..GV always does a great job.

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Those tickets were discounted so hurry up if you still want in on that.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Just have fun and don't be so bitter..GV always does a great job.

No arguments here. Coachella 2007 is going to kick as much ass as any previous years have, and maybe more so when Rage takes the stage. I'm majorly looking forward to at least half the bands confirmed so far.

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I conquer ?SP. Its all good. let people do the job they need to do. No one owes us any favors.

bmack86
01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
you conquer what?

NoneForMeThanks
01-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Think about it - longtime Coachella fan can't attend this year, suddenly gets the email and realizes that a band they haven't seen in 20 years, if ever, is now playing, and thus buys a presale ticket. Obviously, not correct, but can you really blame them?

I agree with you on this point. If I didn't read this board and I got that email with that password, I would expect The Police to be there.

CuervoPH
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
It's also conveniently done when the festival switches from two days to three days. I know this follows the mold of other festivals but given the timing, a three-day festival could be difficult for someone working full-time or in school (with exams looming). The argument made is that people who took advantage of the presale would have done so even without any misleading, but I'm not sure that is the case with a three-day festival. There might have been more of a tendency to wait until more was known about the line-up before fully committing to attending all three days.

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
if anyone wants a refund on their presale tickets they should email me and I will take care of it immediately. otherwise shut up

york707
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
First, Gabe I am surprised you are reacting to this so mch.

Second, I didn't think abou thte password being roxanne, either.

Third,

It's a cynical and disgusting day when people can talk themselves into believing that people deserve punishment simply for getting excited about the opportunity to see a favorite band, particularly one who hasn't played in 20 years.

Who is getting punished? That statment is loaded with entitlement. Does GV OWE us something? For what? they're giving us a 20% discount. That's something. Now you feel like they owe you something else, based on a password?

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 03:47 PM
please stop arguing about it. im asking nicely.

ivankay
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM
i did't get any presale info via email. i went to Ticketmaster and could not find any obvious presale. i thought i was a member of this fine ommunity (albeit not one of the most active). Where is this presale?

idrive1life
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM
refund ... it means no chance for The Police waaaahh

idrive1life
01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
am still going without the police but am so disappointed

Yablonowitz
01-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I think what bugs me most is that it was The Police and there are all kinds of speculation currently going on that they will be playing shows to commemorate their 30th anniversary. I mean, putting Gwen in as the password wouldn't really cause that much of a reaction one way or the other, she's current and would be more believable as a joke. "Roxanne" is more of an insult than a joke. That's my suggestion if you want to screw with us next time - don't raise it to the level of a (mostly) universally loved band that hasn't played in years.

nothingman00
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Go Patriots!

braundiggity
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
please stop arguing about it. im asking nicely.

why? this is fun. much more fun than seeing the police not headlining.

tricky
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Can someone please fill me in on when the presale was and how was everyone informed?
I buy presale every year when GV sends out the email. For some reason i didn't get it this year. was there even an email sent?

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 04:01 PM
First, Gabe I am surprised you are reacting to this so mch.

Third,

Who is getting punished? That statment is loaded with entitlement. Does GV OWE us something? For what? they're giving us a 20% discount. That's something. Now you feel like they owe you something else, based on a password?

Jeff, I'm responding to the sentiment expressed above that it's not irresponsible in any way to set as a presale password a famous song title for a band that's rumored to play. I personally don't give a shit about The Police playing or not playing, and as I've said a couple times already, I'm loving the initial reports of who's playing this year. But people on here are acting like it's all fun and games to intentionally mislead the Coachella community with those passwords & asterisks, and I'm saying it's a move with a much higher potential for alienating people than the entertainment value of a practical joke is worth.

There's no entitlement in my statement. Some people are all over the board saying that "people get what they deserve" for making fake posters or letting the rumor mill run amok; I'm calling that extreme bullshit. I didn't say that Goldenvoice owes anybody anything, least of all a Police reunion; I said that the idea of that is exciting to people, and if you intentionally lead them down that road only to reveal there was no truth to it, you're going to piss them off, and it's not right. I'm sure that whoever made up the idea for the prank - assuming that it is one, mind you, because none of us know shit at this point - laughed long and hard, but it's a big "fuck you" to people who had legitimate excitement at seeing a band that, in many cases, they have probably never seen before.

Dani, I will stop arguing it when people stop defending it.

nothingman00
01-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Yablo, perfectly stated.

RODGERRAMJET
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I didn't get a pre-sale notice from anyone--especially Golden Voice--either, and I've pretty much attended very Coachella since inception. So, Psychic Friend, what happened? I got a pre-sale last year, and I haven't changed my email address. Really, what happened? I'm not trying to be a smart -ss, but I'd really like to know who got the pre-sale info, and what the qualifications were.

CuervoPH
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM

Quite a few people that got the presale e-mail might have thought nothing of it (though I'm not sure what else you associate "Roxanne" with). However it was hard not to notice that certain words on the message board (such as "presale", "passes", "police", "sting", etc.) were somewhat censored over the past couple of days, and seeing that and knowing that the presale was "Roxanne" would cause a few people to make the connection. Furthermore, it might cause them to go ahead and take the plunge on the three-day pass for an opportunity to see, as Yabs said, a band a lot of us love that hasn't played in years. If the misleading leads to a purchase that might not have been made at that point otherwise, then that kind of sucks and shows a bit of lack of respect for the fans (since this was offered to the Community and not the general public).

But Dani has offered a refund and I'm requesting her wishes and shutting up.

jtovar21
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I thought the whole thing was funny. Way to go Dani! You guys definitely suprised alot of ppl I think. I kind of had a feeling it might be joke, albeit a sick one, but those jokes are usually the funniest.

idrive1life
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
what yablo said

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
the censoring was to prevent further info of the presale, the PRIVATE presale being posted here, publicly. ill type that again if you need me to.

ivankay
01-21-2007, 04:25 PM
although i need plenty of things from a lady as fine as your self, presale info would be appreciated.

tessalasset
01-21-2007, 04:32 PM
in the words of chris daughtry,

ITS NOT OOOOOOVEEEERRRRRRRRR.

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
in the words of chris daughtry,

ITS NOT OOOOOOVEEEERRRRRRRRR.

I've been trying to say this in my posts as well - we don't know dick right now.

feed them to lions
01-21-2007, 04:45 PM
the censoring was to prevent further info of the presale, the PRIVATE presale being posted here, publicly. ill type that again if you need me to.

Don't be so naive as to think that the people that post on message boards don't share information with each other or know how to work around word censorship. The password thing was a dick move. I'm dissapointed in knowing that someone came up with it, and others approved it, thinking it would be some great joke to pull on the community that creates A LOT of buzz for this festival.

braundiggity
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
yeah. that presale information spread like wildfire. i found it all over the place.

which means a lot of people who aren't in this community -- who aren't diehards that would be buying the tickets anyway -- saw that the police would (theoretically) be there and bought tickets.

i'm sick of the excuses. just apologize. please.

york707
01-21-2007, 04:53 PM
However it was hard not to notice that certain words on the message board (such as "presale", "passes", "police", "sting", etc.) were somewhat censored over the past couple of days, and seeing that and knowing that the presale was "Roxanne" would cause a few people to make the connection.

Look - the censoring was a bit of fun that was instigated AFTER the email, after everyone came here blabbing about a presale that was not mean to for public consumption.

Yes, I'm sure the censoring was menat to get people going. PF EVEN SAID SO. Anyway, why do you think 199 and 200 and pre and sale and passsword were censored, in addition to Police/Sting/Roxanne?

Finally, there is no reason to think the Police are completely ruled out. I think the password hoopla took them by surprise and spun out of control. Maybe -- just maybe -- they leaked the info to the LA Times a day early to throw everyone off the scent of pork, ya know? Or maybe not.

wmgaretjax
Don't be so naive as to think that the people that post on message boards don't share information with each other or know how to work around word censorship. The password thing was a dick move. I'm dissapointed in knowing that someone came up with it, and others approved it, thinking it would be some great joke to pull on the community that creates A LOT of buzz for this festival.

Most of the community treated it as a joke, how many times were there posts scoffing at how ridiculous this idea was? And you have the gall to accuse others of naivete...

nothingman00
Go Patriots!

feed them to lions
01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
And you have the gall to accuse others of naivete...

I will address you when you can properly construct a sentence.

psychic friend
01-21-2007, 04:57 PM
wasnt being naive, just modding this particular board.

york707
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Gabe and Yablo - I see your points. Disagree, but see them nonetheless. I think most of the people that got the email knew enough to know it wasn't a sure thing. It wasn't like people that had never been through the process of lineup relevation got the email, as jax said. We had all been through process before, and we all knew better, no matter what you tell yourself.

rampaige
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
:yyablo

wmgaretjax
01-21-2007, 05:00 PM
I will address you when you can properly construct a sentence.

Let's try this again. Perhaps you are incapable of understanding the implications of an incomplete thought...

feed them to lions
01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Forget it. You aren't worth the time.

menikmati
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
you guys are taking this a little too hard...heck, even if the password had been "GEOGADDI", I don't think I'd be this upset.

superfiction
01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Seriously. How many people do you think bought presale tickets expecting The Police to be there, and how pissed do you think those people are now (referring to the LA Times confirmations of RHCP, Rage, and Bjork)?

I am a little stunned neither Smashing Pumpkins or Police are there. I mean, Rage will be amazing, but I've never gotten into Bjork, and RHCP are a bit disappointing, I feel like they're always touring.

Mostly I'm just pissed to have been so mislead. But I doubt they'll add someone of Pumpkins or Police magnitude if they're not announced officially tomorrow.

FUCK THE POLIIICE you had to know they were fuckin with you

superfiction
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
you guys are taking this a little too hard...heck, even if the password had been "GEOGADDI", I don't think I'd be this upset.

hhahaha

schoolofruckus
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Again, I'm really not upset about it. I'd rather see The Police than the Chili Peppers, sure...but I'd rather see Smashing Pumpkins than either of them; more importantly, I'd rather see Rage Against the Machine and/or Bjork than all three. It's more just the principle of the joke, and the idea that it's justified because everyone goes rabid at this time of year, that I think is messed up.

Also, Erik.....you really would rather not find out the hard way about that, would you?

laineinla
01-21-2007, 05:31 PM
am i making a mistake deciding against not doing the pre-sale (EDIT: i mean, i have done pre-sale for the past 2 years) just b/c i'm super paranoid about the whole "not being mailed until 2-3 weeks *before* the show" thing?? (especially since i'm 99 percent sure i'll probably be moving between now and coachella but address/location is still TBD).

hmm.. one more hour to decide! ack decisions decisions!!

Yablonowitz
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
From what I remember, The Police were never actually rumored to play. Everything i remember was people saying "wouldn't it be awesome if The Police play?" There wasn't any suggestion of someone having inside knowledge, that there was someone's friend at Capitol Records who told them this or that. I have a hard enough time picturing Sting trying to get back into the Police mold at all, let alone having the opportunity to witness them play live. Didn't even enter my mind as a possibility until I got that e-mail. My own rationalization was that GV wouldn't screw with us that way. Yeah, I'm THAT naive. So I got excited and started listening to all their music - "Spirits in the Material World," "Walking on the Moon," "Don't Stand So Close to Me," "Demolition Man," Miss Gredenko," etc, etc and got all psyched out. Now that it looks like they aren't playing, I'm a little bummed and don't think it was all that funny as a joke. This would actually have been the first headliner that I would have been genuinely excited about.

It didnt' affect my purchasing decision...and I'm not going to bitch about it any more...but I don't think it was too cool.

That said...fucking Crowded House....The Good, The Bad, and the Queen, Manu Chau....it's all good.

nahuatldream
01-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I was the same way. I took the Police rumours with a grain of salt, until I saw the pre-sale password, and that's when I actually got excited. Call me naive, I guess. Other bands would excite me as well, such as RATM, Smashing Pumpkins, so it's all good. I'm going regardless and the fact that I thought the Police would be playing did not incline me to buy tickets moreso than if I had no idea who was playing. I'd buy regardless. But I will admit the pre-sale password thing got me excited about them playing.

suprefan
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM

I was buying pre sale no matter what..... Who cares who plays, I think its genius with the decoy of the offficers of the law...

NoneForMeThanks
am i making a mistake deciding against not doing the pre-sale (EDIT: i mean, i have done pre-sale for the past 2 years) just b/c i'm super paranoid about the whole "not being mailed until 2-3 weeks *before* the show" thing?? (especially since i'm 99 percent sure i'll probably be moving between now and coachella but address/location is still TBD).

hmm.. one more hour to decide! ack decisions decisions!!

Your billing and shipping addresses can be different. I'm having mine sent to work. So, if there's an alternate address you can use, then definitely do the pre-sale

feed them to lions
Hey now, hey now, Yablonowitz. The worrrrrrst is ooooover.

Hey now, hey now...

rampaige
01-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey now, hey now, Yablonowitz. The worrrrrrst is ooooover.

Hey now, hey now...

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

microcuts
01-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Wow people sure are overreacting... if anyone seriously bought the tickets just because they thought the Police were playing, then you can always SELL the tickets. And probably even make a profit off it since you can sell it for face value, which will be higher than what you paid for the presale. Sheesh.

instinct
01-21-2007, 06:19 PM
why is it we can make threads about the presales now.. but we weren't allowed before?? even though it's not even 8:00 yet..

york707
01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I just bit the bullet. I hope I can actually afford to go.

boyalien0
01-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Has Crowded House done anything of merit besides that one horrible, horrible song?

Yablonowitz
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
If you think "Don't Dream Its Over" is a horrible song...then, no.

But for my money, they made four brilliant albums. Like Fountains of Wayne, the indie hipster douches will call them "soft rock" or "adult contemporary," but they are top notch songwriters. I'm surprised they're playing...their drummer committed suicide a couple years ago and I didn't think they'd ever play again.

boyalien0
01-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Okay, that did sound really smartassy, the question i meant to convey was, to those who like Crowded House, what would be some songs I should look for that are better than that single?

dorkfish
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
i actually don't believe you on that erik. i think if they had your hopes up that BoC was playing, and in your mind you had been convinced that it truly might happen, and then later to be told it was a joke, you'd have been pretty crushed. i'm sure it's similar for a lot of the Police's fans.

CuervoPH
01-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I second Yabs that if you don't like "Don't Dream It's Over", then I'm really not sure what to recommend to change your mind. Different strokes and all that. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite among their first four albums (which I feel are all excellent), and I got to see them live on their tour for "Woodface" and they put on a really good, fun live show.

I still haven't checked out their "farewell" show that was released on CD this month though.

edit: was posting before I saw the above response. Personal favorite songs of mine are: "Better Be Home Soon", "Sister Madly", "Fall At Your Feet", "Four Seasons In One Day", "Weather With You", "Black And White Boy", "Distant Sun", "Walking On The Spot"...um...that's more than I meant to list...

tricky
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM

what was the criteria for being included in the private presale?

noisemachine
01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Im just disappointed that you guys didn't make the password LOVELESS. Imagine the madness then.

boyalien0
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
let the piracy begin...

tessalasset
01-21-2007, 08:23 PM
what was the criteria for being included in the private presale?you had to have signed up to the coachella community (http://community.coachella.com/homepage.php) within the last year.

tnordy
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I had signed up with the coachella community and never got an email about the presale.

york707
01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
What email address did you give them? Di dyou check the spam folder?

tnordy
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I just double checked everything and logged onto the Community with my current email address. Not in my spam either. Oh, well.

tessalasset
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
same here, tnordy.

menikmati
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
you're right brad....you might as well had just aimed a crossbow at my heart and fired

instinct
01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
i didn't even sign up with them, but my friend sent me an email.. i signed up today and entered the code.. i never got presales before because you usually only save like $10 bucks.. and it was cheaper to go to the glasshouse after ticketbastard fees.

ayates
01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Why was my picture of Roseanne deleted? Fascists.

TomAz
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe it's not really a joke. Maybe they're saying it's a joke so the joke will be when they do announce the Police are playing. Cuz otherwise, this is pretty shitty.

sliiiiip
01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
As long as that pre-sale was legit and I'll have my tickets in hand come the second week of April, I really don't give a damn who is playing at the moment.

soupbandit
01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
man what happened around here.

I'm kind of glad I was at disneyland despite missing the presale. This whole situation sounds hilarious!

Is there going to be glasshouse sales? Service charges would have brought it up around $250 anyways.

microcuts
01-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Actually I think it came to $211 or something like that after everything.

Boourns
01-22-2007, 12:44 AM
A joke password could be funny and not cruel if it were a hint to somebody nobody would ever want at Coachella. FREEBIRD, POPOZAO, GOATSEDOTCX, JUGGALO, etc...

bmack86
01-22-2007, 02:00 AM
juggalo. There's been lots of talk about juggaloes recently.

breakjaw
01-22-2007, 04:57 AM
Quick,book Sting solo in the Sahara(He can do the jazzy version of "Tea in the Sahara") while Sonic Youth play on the Mainstage,and everyone will be happy.

adamnikyo
01-22-2007, 07:15 AM
REEEeeeeooooOOOOORREEEEeeeeooooOOOOOooooo

roxanne
01-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Get thee to Bonnaroo

york707
01-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Weak. You could have come up with a really funny post. That was not it.

TomAz
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm really pissed off about this. Incredibly infuriated. no not about the police thing, bah, who cares about those old windbags.

No.. after weeks of hints, rumors, speculation, I thought it was a done deal that Sonic Flyer were playing this year. I can't believe they misled us like that. Those bastards. Those fucking bastards.

amyzzz
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
hahahahahaha

tricky
01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
just out of curiosity how much were presale tickets and how much were the evil service charges?

GTI_GRL
01-23-2007, 03:08 AM
I didn't get a pre-sale notice from anyone--especially Golden Voice--either, and I've pretty much attended very Coachella since inception. So, Psychic Friend, what happened? I got a pre-sale last year, and I haven't changed my email address. Really, what happened? I'm not trying to be a smart -ss, but I'd really like to know who got the pre-sale info, and what the qualifications were.

me either, and i dont care who is playing

elChurro
01-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Bonaroo will pick up the slack and reunite the police... just go to that when it comes around.

judila
01-23-2007, 09:46 AM
you had to have signed up to the coachella community (http://community.coachella.com/homepage.php) within the last year.

See that was the problem. I can't sign up for the "coachella community" cuz I never got a six digit registration code. :(

amyzzz
01-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I thought I signed up for it last year, but I never got a pre-sale notice. I just get random crap from Golden Voice which is mostly useless to me since I live in Arizona.

chairmenmeow47
01-23-2007, 10:39 AM
i've gotten pre-sale info in the past, but i didn't this year. i'm not signed up for that "community" i don't think, as i've never heard of it.

fatbastard
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM

You have had a month to sit on this. Do you still feel misled? Just asking.

bmack86
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
don't reopen that can o worms. Why oh why would you do that?

DeltaSigChi4
03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Because he's a fat bastard, that's why.

E

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I think Daft Punk is going to be added. Ive seen the evidence....