PDA

View Full Version : RATM coming for SURE? How Sure?

Camaron
02-15-2007, 05:48 AM
title sums it up. Its cuz we're coming from Spain if we get tickets, and I don't wan't to buy plane tickets if I don't get to see rage.

Peace

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Dude Rage will be there. Unless they die or something.

Camaron
02-15-2007, 05:57 AM
ok we'll have to have have faith... even in god.

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 06:54 AM
As much as the government dislikes Rage Against the Machine they will make damn sure they show up otherwise the blood will spill. Can you imagine what would happen if everyone is ready for them to come on and someone makes the announcement that they will not be playing. It would be armagedon for pete sake. Ha I wouldn't be suprised if the crowd marched on LA and raised hell like it's never been raised. Then again maybe I'm overestimating the passion involved in this. No.. I'm pretty sure people would be killed.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 06:55 AM
That would be crazy.

hangthedj112
02-15-2007, 06:58 AM
It's a 50/50, you should probably stay in spain.

tonegent
02-15-2007, 07:03 AM
It would be AWESOME if Rage dropped out... I'd be able to get cheap tickets!

(Plus, they're overrated. The evidence? One word. Audioslave. Rebutt that.)

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 07:05 AM

Please post a picture of yourself so that if and when they don't come on i can locate you and be the first person to bless your face with a fucking haymaker.

longbeach90803
02-15-2007, 07:06 AM
It's a 50/50, you should probably stay in spain.

the real question though is if they will let spaniards in the gig

tonegent
02-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Please post a picture of yourself so that if and when they don't come on i can locate you and be the first person to bless your face with a fucking haymaker.

Wha? Hey man, if they don't show, it won't be my fault. I don't have any say in the matter... or do I?

Hmmm...

Seriously, though... why are these guys such a big deal? They're really just Limp Bizkit w/ a better guitarist and some freshman dorm politics. Am I wrong?

Trailmix
02-15-2007, 07:46 AM
No you are correct. Way overrated.

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Wha? Hey man, if they don't show, it won't be my fault. I don't have any say in the matter... or do I?

Hmmm...

Seriously, though... why are these guys such a big deal? They're really just Limp Bizkit w/ a better guitarist and some freshman dorm politics. Am I wrong?

Sorry bro, i guess i have to expand my musical horizons. I'm sorry for my error oh great intellectual.

paganman7
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM

Take it easy tough guy.

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Take it easy tough guy.

Don't worry about it haha. I only threaten people to make myself feel better. I'm really an insecure pre-teen who stresses about pimples and how my clothes fit.

fober
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
They're really just Limp Bizkit w/ a better guitarist and some freshman dorm politics. Am I wrong?

That's like saying the Beatles are really just Oasis with a better drummer and less alcoholism.

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
That's like saying the Beatles are really just Oasis with a better drummer and less alcoholism.

Haha bravo.

TESTIFYTHIS
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM

Audioslave is NOT RAGE, not even close. Comparing the two styles of music is ludacris, rage perfected a genre no one else has been able to duplicate and all of their songs are powerful. Audioslave has some great guitaring and poor vocals with no identity.

Rebuttal served. If you want cheap tickets buy a dvd of the festival. Otherwise get a job or sell your shoes. If you can't save up 350 bucks in 3 months i'm guessing you don't have a job.

fober
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Comparing the two styles of music is ludacris,

No.

This is 'ludacris':

http://musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/def_jam/ludacris/ludacris2.jpg

The fact that you used his name is ludicrous.

Lounge Fly
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Audioslave has some great guitaring and poor vocals

By far the dumbest thing I have ever read. I'm referring to the vocal piece.

microcuts
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Audioslave is officially broken up now.

Which means Rage will more than likely continue with their "reunion" with more tour dates and probably even another album, unless they're all just gonna stop music.

So much for Coachella being a one-off.

misskeek
02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't worry about it haha. I only threaten people to make myself feel better. I'm really an insecure pre-teen who stresses about pimples and how my clothes fit.

Isn't that the scientific definition of "emo"?

Also, Audioslave would have been better if they had different sounding songs. Chris Cornell is also a douchebag, at least in interviews. I couldn't imagine having to make music with him.

And for anyone who thinks Rage is overrated, maybe you SHOULD buy the DVD and remember what music was before Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Boy bands took over the world in the late 90's.

Or not go.

BriAnne
02-15-2007, 08:32 PM
please dont ever compare Rage to Limp Biznut - apples and oranges.

el_harderino
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Isn't that the scientific definition of "emo"?

Also, Audioslave would have been better if they had different sounding songs. Chris Cornell is also a douchebag, at least in interviews. I couldn't imagine having to make music with him.

And for anyone who thinks Rage is overrated, maybe you SHOULD buy the DVD and remember what music was before Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Boy bands took over the world in the late 90's.

Or not go.

No, it's missing the long black hair and make-up as well as the wrist slitting and constant sobbing. Close though. I also second the comment about the DVD. Well put.

tonegent
02-16-2007, 07:32 AM
please dont ever compare Rage to Limp Biznut - apples and oranges.

Not really... they're both Rap-Metal hybrids, just very different lyrical content. Am I wrong here? I don't think so.

To reply to something else, actually Audioslave IS Rage with a different singer. Am I wrong here? Definitely not.

To reply to something else, you were close, but actually the Beatles were Oasis with more LSD and worse choice in wives :P

To reply to something else, actually I do have a job. A better one than you. But paying full price for tickets is for suckas.

Sucka.

Mo'rage
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Not really... they're both Rap-Metal hybrids, just very different lyrical content. Am I wrong here? I don't think so.

There's no comparison. If bizquick got together for coachella, would tickets have sold out in a minute? I might be wrong, but I don't think so. There's something said about a band who has a lasting power of fifteen years and counting. I don't see anyone in limp bizkit, or any albums, or the whole band for that matter in top lists in major publications. Tom Mo is always noted as one of the greatest guitar players ever. Rage Against the Machine is always listed as one of the best bands, and their self-titled album is always seen as one of the best or must have albums. It's a track record that doesn't go away, like the novely of bands like bizit and lincoln park. They may be in the same "genre" but that doesn't mean dick. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

misskeek
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
There's no comparison. If bizquick got together for coachella, would tickets have sold out in a minute? I might be wrong, but I don't think so. There's something said about a band who has a lasting power of fifteen years and counting. I don't see anyone in limp bizkit, or any albums, or the whole band for that matter in top lists in major publications. Tom Mo is always noted as one of the greatest guitar players ever. Rage Against the Machine is always listed as one of the best bands, and their self-titled album is always seen as one of the best or must have albums. It's a track record that doesn't go away, like the novely of bands like bizit and lincoln park. They may be in the same "genre" but that doesn't mean dick. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

I agree with this...
The fact that Limp Bizkit is still getting any kudos is bullshit. New music= kudos. We'll see how LP does with their new album. But Rage is what these bands need to ASPIRE to, not be in the same genre. Thats silly.
can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait!

Brenbren
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
i just vomitted at thought of rage and limp being compared.

as far as the title of the thread.. that is my biggest fear. they better no back out.. i will kill myself.

meyouseek
02-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd be pretty happy to see Rage back out. Then again I'll probably enjoy the wide open spaces at the other stages while Rage is on.

Of course I had the pleasure of seeing them 6 or 7 times way back when so a reunion doesn't mean much to me.

mwoodlee
02-16-2007, 01:50 PM

If you knew anything about Music you would know that Zach D was everything in RATM. For God sake he wrote the song RATM before even before forming the group. Audioslut was everything RATM wasn't!

lowfront
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
They way the tickets have sold this year explains everything you need to know about rage against the machine.....

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Can you imagine what would happen if everyone is ready for them to come on and someone makes the announcement that they will not be playing. It would be armagedon for pete sake..

If Rage Against the Machine Backs out I'd start fires. Actually, chances are I'll start fires anyways.

omg wtf bbq
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
whats happens if Rage makes crime? i dont want to get the aids

el_harderino
02-17-2007, 02:51 PM
whats happens if Rage makes crime? i dont want to get the aids

Seriously, can someone fill me in on this aidz thing. I think i'm out of the loop and i'm not getting the humour.

soupbandit
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Seriously, can someone fill me in on this aidz thing. I think i'm out of the loop and i'm not getting the humour.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210&highlight=makes+crime