PDA

View Full Version : Green Day

Big Foot
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Green Day just announced a last min show at Fox Theather in Oakland (http://thefoxoakland.com/ tickets go onsale in 4 hours for tomorrows show), which is were other of the Coachella acts are playing before and after the fest (Band of Horses and Fleet Foxes are playing there in the next week). We often get the Coachella bands making stops in the Bay Area around the festival. Green Day has no other shows scheduled, they just popped up. Which brings me to...

I think Green Day is the last minute add to headline Saturday.

WhyTheLongFace
04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Man I wish we had a section where we can put all of wish lists and rumors in. This would make this forum so much easier to browse. Wait a minute.....

Big Foot
04-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Allright an*l-retentive message board people, Ill post it over there, I cant move it

Big Foot
04-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Green Day just announced a last min show at Fox Theather in Oakland (http://thefoxoakland.com/ tickets go onsale in 4 hours for tomorrows show), which is were other of the Coachella acts are playing before and after the fest (Band of Horses and Fleet Foxes are playing there in the next week). We often get the Coachella bands making stops in the Bay Area around the festival. Green Day has no other shows scheduled, they just popped up. Which brings me to...

I think Green Day is the last minute add to headline Saturday.

sk8r408
04-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Already being discussed here...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29618&page=6

Bubba hotep
04-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I believe by the end of the day they will be on the poster.

topfiverecords
04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure a Green Day add would sell many extra Saturday tickets. I don't see them being the closer either. If they are added they would be best suited to play before The Killers. There's nothing wrong with The Killers closing the Main on Saturday, but what the day needs is a little more main stage strength from 5-9.

mvanwinkle
04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
or the fact they are from oakland?

menikmati
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
you are lame

Big Foot
04-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, maybe they could take Winehouse's spot, MIA is not a equal replacement for her. Anywho, this is great if it works out. Saw the Foxboro Hot tubs, that was an awesome show. A little green day on Sat is a great thing.

bludevil007
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Green Day is bigger (now) than the Cure or the Killers - fact. American Idiot sold more albums than the Cure's last album and the Killers' last album combined. So yes, they would be a huge draw.

beavington
04-13-2009, 01:09 PM
American Idiot sold more albums than the Cure's last album and the Killers' last album combined. So yes, they would be a huge draw.

that doesnt make them a huge draw. And that doesnt make them bigger than the Cure or The Killers...well they have always been bigger than the killers really...
but just because American Idiot sold well, which I think is a fluke, actually on a side note, i love a band that's album is a play of American Idol and then they perform on said show which inspired it....

But yeah green day being added wouldnt make a dent really. (i think at least)

menikmati
04-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Green Day is not being added, holy shit...let's just drop it now.

WhyTheLongFace
04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Green day added would sell like 10 tickets. It's pretty late in the game. Any new added is a treat to people already going to Coachella not a last minute ticket ploy.

Grant
04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
PF needs to make an official statement regarding the pay later option on the main page.