PDA

View Full Version : I don't want anyone to be offended, so...

PassiveTheory
04-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I am fucking terrible at remembering names. So, if you manage to run into me on the camping grounds or the festival grounds I'll try my best to remember your name but... Yeah, I'm probably not going to remember it. Just a precaution. See ya'll at the festival!

rskapcat
04-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. My problem is I'm terrible at recognizing people out of context (present frotastic company excluded). So if you see me & recognize me, please say hi. I may even remember your name.

fatbastard
04-12-2009, 03:57 PM
what's my name? Tell me now!

PassiveTheory
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I... uh... Fred?

fatbastard
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
You were close. My name has an e in it.

gooftroop
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Who gives a fuck about names at Coachella? Sometimes I can barely keep the band names straight lol

Question: Does going to music festivals and partaking in the activities associated with have effects on the memory, particularly when it comes to names? You and I are evidence of a correlation perhaps. try repeition, it is the only method I find works.

ivankay
04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Maybe there should be a Coachella Board name tags someday. Or just everyone on this board buy a generic "my name is..." sticker and wear it.

If someone gets offended because you don't "know" them when they approach you, that's kinda douchey.

CalmerThanYou
04-12-2009, 05:13 PM
you can just call me BoBo

Monklish
04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
BroBro, you mean.

PassiveTheory
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Who gives a fuck about names at Coachella? Sometimes I can barely keep the band names straight lol

Question: Does going to music festivals and partaking in the activities associated with have effects on the memory, particularly when it comes to names? You and I are evidence of a correlation perhaps. try repeition, it is the only method I find works.

It's just that I had this experience last year where on Friday, upon entering the grounds, I ran into 8 boardies in a row and promptly forgot a lot of their names (and some more over the rest of the weekend). Also, usually people list who they ran into and I was just preempting the fact that I'm going to forget about some people. Oh well.

Monklish
04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
No one gives a flying fuck, Passive.

PassiveTheory
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Says the guy who went out of his way to post here, twice.

CalmerThanYou
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
im going to credit card swipe randy when i see him. i know im faster, so ill just run away before he can give me acids

captncrzy
04-12-2009, 07:03 PM
BroBro, you mean.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/48/Hillary_OG.jpg

gooftroop
04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
It's just that I had this experience last year where on Friday, upon entering the grounds, I ran into 8 boardies in a row and promptly forgot a lot of their names (and some more over the rest of the weekend). Also, usually people list who they ran into and I was just preempting the fact that I'm going to forget about some people. Oh well.

Learning/remembering multiple names in a row is tough. if anyone gives you grief about this at coachella well they are obviously on a different level. just give them a hug and tell them at least you remember what they feel like.

Xenocide
04-12-2009, 11:47 PM
i'm pretty sure if i meet a board regular, i'm only gonna call them by their board name anyway...

except Randy, who has too many aliases for me to keep up...

if i see you Passive, i'll shout out 'passive!' or 'fro!'...

Wheres the beef?
04-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh the irony.

cooperb1
04-12-2009, 11:58 PM
i'm pretty sure if i meet a board regular, i'm only gonna call them by their board name anyway...

except Randy, who has too many aliases for me to keep up...

if i see you Passive, i'll shout out 'passive!' or 'fro!'...
lol

cansei de ser sexme
04-13-2009, 12:02 AM
you can just call me BoBo

hey wtf. They call me BoBo