PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo WII

PsyGuyRy
02-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Besides my work, my hobby (all things related to music), and my relationship, the rest of my spare time (which is very little) has been spent playing the Wii.

Anyone else think it's just awesome? I think they need a Coachella or music channel... And I'm addicted to Wii Sports, specifically tennis and bowling. The new Zelda is pretty awesome too, but kinda time consuming for me, and Wario Ware is ridiculously fun.

What're yer thoughts?

Oh yeah, and REAL MEN WII STANDING UP!

hawkingvsreeve
02-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I own you at tennis.

KenMixtape
02-15-2007, 04:50 AM
nintendo has transformed me into a Wii fanboy for sure. I've never been this jazzed about a new console, since my atari 2600. My friends who have previously hated video games are way into it as well.
It's also the first time the included game (wii sports) was my favorite. Since I have never been into Sports games before, I find this a happy suprise. Tennis and bowling = addictive.

Stefinitely Maybe
02-15-2007, 05:17 AM
I played a Wii for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really didn't enjoy it at all. The games seemed to be based at kids rather than adults, and the Wiimote system just became annoying after a while. Hardly practical for a quick game when there's nothing better to do.

I'll just stick with my PSP for now - I like playing it on the bus or trains, without having to flail my arms around stupidly.

PsyGuyRy
02-15-2007, 05:22 AM
I own you at tennis.

What's your ranking, biotch? I'm at 2165. Ain't nobody beat me since my daddy!

PsyGuyRy
02-15-2007, 05:26 AM
I'll just stick with my PSP for now - I like playing it on the bus or trains, without having to flail my arms around stupidly.

Don't be so self-concious, baby! Arms flailing and moving around the room is awesome! Much better than being ducked-down over a small screen, blocking out the rest of the world. Sure, the Wii isn't portable or anything... but... it's just fun!

happyguy23
02-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Yeah the Wii rules, one of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm not sure about getting Wario Ware though? Isn't it just shit lots of mini games and no main game? Is it worth it?

PsyGuyRy
02-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Yeah the Wii rules, one of the best purchases I've ever made. I'm not sure about getting Wario Ware though? Isn't it just shit lots of mini games and no main game? Is it worth it?

Totally worth it. Unless you only play with your Wii alone, in which case you need to get laid, not video games. Kidding aside, it's WAY fun with other people, but yeah, playing alone gets kinda old. But playing darts is fun. And its definitely the most innovative use of the Wii-mote yet. I doubt other games will make so much use of all it's magical powers.

bug on your lip
02-15-2007, 06:26 AM
http://www.evula.org/dragoon/pics/monkeyrobot.jpg

menikmati
02-15-2007, 07:23 AM
god baby monkeys are so cute

kimery08
02-15-2007, 08:16 AM
im still sore from the tennis tournament my friends and i had a couple nights ago.
me and j came in second : (

thefunkylama
02-15-2007, 08:38 AM
tennis is pretty awesome. and zelda is pretty fun. and we got the old school super mario, which, by the way, requires no arm flailing.

TheGunslinger138
02-15-2007, 09:07 AM
The Wii is absolutely awesome. I love mine. I also love how some people get all weirded out about the new control scheme. It's not like its required that you actually stand up and "flail" (I find that to be extremely fun though). You can do everything with simple wrist movements while seated. But who really cares if you look silly moving around in front of your TV. Stop worrying about what your neighbors think. I GUARANTEE mine have seen me doing worse. . .

kimery08
02-15-2007, 09:16 AM
ah shit. i was told we had to get up and do the whole movement thing.

but we were all pretty faded so i guess it made it that much better.

All That I Am
02-15-2007, 10:18 AM
im still sore from the tennis tournament my friends and i had a couple nights ago.

Oh yeah?!?! I just bought ten pound wrist weights and have been playing wii boxing for the past few days. DAMN MY ARMS ARE SORE!

bmack86
02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
A baby monkey attacked my friend in Costa Rica. We were walking back from lunch and it threw a series of nuts at him, hitting him perfectly in the eye twice.

bug on your lip
02-15-2007, 10:48 AM
A baby monkey attacked my friend in Costa Rica. We were walking back from lunch and it threw a series of nuts at him, hitting him perfectly in the eye twice.

NEXT BRONCOS QUARTERBACK !!!

http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2592394146.jpg

bmack86
02-15-2007, 11:00 AM
And he hasn't even reached his prime yet. he should be fairly easy to find. Just look in a tree. There can't be that many in the Costa Rican rain forest, right?

bug on your lip
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
he may be unproven, but he has great upside.

i say fukk the playoffs. lets make him the starter.

GO BRONCOS !!!

bmack86
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
This guy'd make a great new Wide Receiver too.
http://www.monkey.org/~jose/pictures/2004/howl-o-ween/IMG_3852.jpg

elChurro
02-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I think all guy's play with their wii's... but screw nintendo, I'm too busy leveling up in wow.

PsyGuyRy
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm too busy leveling up in wow.

:lool

kimery08
02-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh yeah?!?! I just bought ten pound wrist weights and have been playing wii boxing for the past few days. DAMN MY ARMS ARE SORE!

so you think youre better than me?!?!?!

i do too.

chairmenmeow47
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
i want one!!!

one of my roommates said he'd buy one if he could actually find one :(

thefunkylama
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Good luck.

J~$$$
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/lovemachine_2006/ahamster.jpg

stillavirgin
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
il stick with my 360 the grapics look like:poo on the wii

PsyGuyRy
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM

Your screen name, avatar, and signature line says it all.

And learn to spell. It's graphics. Say it with me: G-R-A-P-H-I-C-S.

The Wii is fun for people who have lives outside of videogames, who don't necessarily care about the most "realistic" graphics. Don't be a Wii hater.

TheGunslinger138
02-15-2007, 12:51 PM

Graphics don't make a video game. Presentation is just one part of the overall package. You kids these days. . .

Once the "wow" factor of these shiny new graphics fade and become passť a system has to have other things to fall back onto, like innovation and fun. Let us not forget that last generation the XBOX was regarded as the superior machine for graphics. These graphics didn't drive its sales anywhere close to being over the sales of the PS2 however. I'm not biased either. I owned all consoles last generation and consider Ninja Gaiden Black to be the pinnacle of sixth generation gaming. I can also see how one could also attribute a wow factor to the Wiimote (by calling it a gimmick whose interest will soon fade) but in the case of a controller it opens up a whole new world of playability options. Graphics remain simply graphics.

But, if its what you like, then kudos to you. I'm just tired of hearing the "graphics suck" argument.

mob roulette
02-15-2007, 12:54 PM

i thought that was a very astute comment, stillavirgin. welcome to the lounge.

TheGunslinger138
02-15-2007, 12:59 PM
The Wii is fun for people who have lives outside of videogames, who don't necessarily care about the most "realistic" graphics. Don't be a Wii hater.

I would argue that these HD graphics aren't even realistic but take on a sense of hyper-realism.

Pemakarpo
02-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Two Words: Excite Truck!!!

The most fun I've had playing a video game since...shit...when Mario3 dropped?

I'll take GuitarHero2 as a distant 2nd these days....

breakjaw
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
The most fun I've had since Mario3 dropped
http://imageigloo.com/images/801product_detail_g_said.gif

Melchoir
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Ya the Wii has been a great little device. Its small enough that i brought it with me to a Mammoth ski trip and brought hrs of fun at night. I've never seen girls get so competitive in video games, since battle tetris. Seeing few of my friends' girlfriends go at it with each other in Tennis and Boxing.

Though i we also busted out Wariorware. Its rather fun, lots mini-mini games for random fun. They really have some great uses of the Wiimote, like balancing a broomstick to dropping the Wiimore as an action.

Overall i think the Wii is great for gathering and large group of people. Much like the Nintendo Smash brothers, the system is great for random fun video game time at parties. I cant wait till Wii Mario cart!

SojuGorae
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Wii's a "for everyone" kind of device for sure. Just the other day I saw a group of emo's at best buy trudging along the Wii aisle.

cityzun
02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Wii's a "for everyone" kind of device for sure. Just the other day I saw a group of emo's at best buy trudging along the Wii aisle.

Shit, even the emo's like it? That's a device that transcends barriers.

That being said....I too love my Wii. Especially all those classic games what you can download.

Melchoir
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/HikariKikai/EmoMii.jpg

Emo Miis

stillavirgin
02-15-2007, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=PsyGuyRy;57350]Your screen name, avatar, and signature line says it all.

doesnt that all seem like it goes together or can your WII brain not handle all that stuff at 1 time :dumbo

mob roulette
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=PsyGuyRy;57350]Your screen name, avatar, and signature line says it all.

doesnt that all seem like it goes together or can your WII brain not handle all that stuff at 1 time :dumbo

good. for. you. Spyder.

psyguy, you gonna take that? you just gonna sit there and take it? what is the world coming to?

i confess i have no fucking idea what this thread is all about.

corbo
02-15-2007, 02:31 PM
VC games rule. i bought a shitload of em

All That I Am
02-15-2007, 02:32 PM
More girls play Wii, case closed.

SojuGorae
02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
More girls play Wii, case closed.

For girls, it's more of an interior decoration. "Oh it's soooo cute, I gotta have one lalalalala"

That kind of thing.

For guys, it's more of a get drunk, get high, and play some goofy fucking games type of thing.

In my humble opinion of course.

ratmfan105
02-15-2007, 02:56 PM
its really called the Wiiner

instinct
02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/NAhR1N5oJNA.swf

thefunkylama
02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Lamas across the world choose Wii.

Also, can I just say, as a woman I'd never buy a $250 box just for its cuteness or "interior design" possibilities. At least, not if it didn't wash dishes and vaccuum too.

cityzun
02-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Lamas across the world choose Wii.

Also, can I just say, as a woman I'd never buy a $250 box just for its cuteness or "interior design" possibilities. At least, not if it didn't wash dishes and vaccuum too.

That's my general stance on women in general.

PsyGuyRy
02-16-2007, 05:28 AM
doesnt that all seem like it goes together or can your WII brain not handle all that stuff at 1 time

The screen name, avatar, and signature all go together perfectly, which was my point.

Let me sum things up here: You are 26 years old. You're a virgin not by choice, but because you just can't get laid, and you prefer the X-Box 360 to the Wii because the Wii's "grapics look like :poo ." You have difficulty spelling, using punctuation, and capitalizing letters. Your interests also include "eating" and your profession is "tasting food."

It's a wonder that you don't like the Wii, which requires a moderate amount of physical activity and possibly even some social interaction, and indeed it is a CONUNDRUM that you haven't gotten laid yet.

:laughyou

Dude, sorry if this is kinda harsh... Don't mean to be a prick.

sonofhal
02-16-2007, 06:23 AM
I played my Wii on launch day, thought it was really a cool new way to play etc, played it all night.

Next day, switched my 360 back on, Wii hasn't been touched since. I play it even less than my dusty PS2, which at least gets some Guitar Hero action now and again.

I normally love Nintendo stuff (my DS Lite especially), but Wii feels more like a gimmick.

PsyGuyRy
02-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I normally love Nintendo stuff (my DS Lite especially), but Wii feels more like a gimmick.

It's way more than a gimmick... The Wii-mote is awesome, especially in Wario Ware. I think if you gave it more time, got together with some friends and what-not, it would grow on you. Of course, if you're mainly into the whole first-person shooter thing, the Wii ain't got nothing for ya'.

TheGunslinger138
02-16-2007, 07:03 AM

That's cool. There's a shortage of those gimmicks anyway. You not purchasing extra controllers allows for someone else who enjoys it to be able to pick them up for their Wii Parties.

Molecule
02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I waited in line for 9 hours to get my Wii, and I am so glad I did. Nintendo has always had the market on quirky, engaging games that have huge replay value. I have played both the 360 and the PS3, but its the game-play that matters, not the resolution of the games. A beautiful, boring game will be less interesting that an somewhat less visually appealing game that is crazy-fun! (But I will get a 360 eventually just to play that Pinata game.)

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-17-2007, 09:05 AM
It's way more than a gimmick... The Wii-mote is awesome, especially in Wario Ware. I think if you gave it more time, got together with some friends and what-not, it would grow on you. Of course, if you're mainly into the whole first-person shooter thing, the Wii ain't got nothing for ya'.

Unless you count Call of Duty 3. Using your WiiMote to smash the butt of your rifle in nazis faces is pretty damn enjoyable!

garrett222
05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
I need help with my wii sports tennis ability. I seem to be hitting the ball way too high, and not as flat or with as much fast topspin as i'd want. and sometimes when i'm trying to hit the ball a certain direction, it ends up spinning it in a crazy way that doesn't make sense.

Is there any word of internet play on the wii in the future? I'd love to bowl against other people when my friends aren't around.

joppy-slow
05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I need help with my wii sports tennis ability. I seem to be hitting the ball way too high, and not as flat or with as much fast topspin as i'd want. and sometimes when i'm trying to hit the ball a certain direction, it ends up spinning it in a crazy way that doesn't make sense.

Is there any word of internet play on the wii in the future? I'd love to bowl against other people when my friends aren't around.

i haven't had problems with tennis at all. have you tried holding the controller completely side ways when you strike the ball? the more i tilt it up the higher my ball goes.. i can't seem to spin the ball? how do you do it?

i bought mario party 8 last night and was not that impressed.. they need to get away from making mini games for every single game they release.. Zelda was epic... played that for about 55 hours.. Wii sports is very fun, but every thing else has been... blah..
i will probably sale my wii soon and get a ps2 just for guitar hero...
unfortunately they don't have online internet play on the wii yet...or i would challenge you to a game of bowling..

Tylerdurden31
07-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Trailer (http://wii.qj.net/Rayman-Raving-Rabbids-2-Around-the-World-Tour-De-France-trailer-video/pg/49/aid/98522)

hilarious