PDA

View Full Version : CREATE A FESTIVAL CONTEST - WINNER: MUSIC AT THE GATES!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

menikmati
02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/header.png

I assume some of you remember this from last year (late summer or whenever it was). Well it's back! For all you newcomers, this is a contest that I'm putting on (Gabe did the original), where you'll be responsible for creating a festival, which then will be pitted against other created festivals in a series of polls, resulting in one winner at the very end of it all.

Basically how it works is, for anyone who decides to enter this contest (I hope a lot of you will), you'll be required to think of a festival name, the lineup for your festival, making a poster, creating set times and then having all that be taken into account when the voting comes around.

Now for your convenience, I've made a PDF file (see below) describing the entire contest (the rules, how it works, etc...), so please refer to that before asking any questions you may have here (including questions about bands, posters, etc...).

The winner of this contest is going to receive a free t-shirt with his/her festival's logo on the front, and band lineup on the back, as well as three cd/dvds of your choice from my vast bootleg library (list will be provided). On top of that, you get bragging rights for being the best "cyber" festival promoter on these boards. Very cool.

If you're interested in signing up, PLEASE do so...I wanna get as many participants as I can. I haven't set up a deadline date for sign ups, but I will be posting one soon. So if you're interested, sign up early, so you won't be sorry later.

*CONTEST RULES*

PDF Version (http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/contestrules.pdf)

HTML Version (http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/contestrules.html)

Please abide by the rules and stuff listed on the signup page to make sure you get entered correctly. Again if anything remains unclear or unanswered after going through the rules PDF, please ask here, and I'll clear anything up.

Again, right now there is no deadline date for signups, meaning no date has been set forth to start submitting posters yet. Stay tuned though!

Bosco
02-14-2007, 10:23 PM
can i make suggestion regarding this rule:

Prohibited Bands List:

Any band that is currently not together, and/or has not announced plans for a reunion, or is deceased. Examples include: Portishead, My Bloody Valentine, Pulp, Blur, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pink Floyd, The Verve, The Smiths, Orbital, Talking Heads, Cocteau Twins, The Beatles, The Doors, Sublime, Nirvana etc… (get the picture?)

If you are unclear whether or not a band on your list does not meet this requirement, contact the moderator of the contest for clarification. He will hold final decision on whether or not the band will be allowed.

I understand eliminating bands/groups that have a deceased member(s). But, perhaps we could allow only one reunion band/group, which all original band members are living and physically capable to play live, to our lists. I figure it will mix things up a bit more. I mean festivals have to have suprises. (exp. Rage Against the Machine/ The Jesus and Mary Chain, reunions)

Just a suggestion...

idrive1life
02-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I understand eliminating bands/groups that have a deceased member(s). But, perhaps we could allow only one reunion band/group, which all original band members are living and physically capable to play live, to our lists. I figure it will mix things up a bit more. I mean festivals have to have suprises. (exp. Rage Against the Machine/ The Jesus and Mary Chain, reunions)

Just a suggestion...

I agree.:2c I'll be voting again (... at least). (I'm not popular here so I don't think my festival will have a chance of winning. j/k I know it's not all about winning blah blah blah. Last year was pretty exciting, so many close fights and it was that time of year when many people in the old boards signed up for multiple user ids. Not me - I know vinylmartyr already confessed in one of the threads in this new board. (j/k vinylmartyr). Probably, do not allow lurkers to vote this time or that we select who will be able to vote ... :2c)

I just realized this is menik's contest ... let him does(/create rules) whatever he wants.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 12:28 AM
I never had any aliases.

instinct
02-15-2007, 01:01 AM
who won the last one??? everytime I looked it was DEAD even.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I think dustin won

CuervoPH
02-15-2007, 03:55 AM
It ended up tied between me and Dustin. But Dustin had the better name for the festival: Mittens Festival.

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 03:56 AM
there was something shady going on with the voting

york707
02-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Don't you think it's a little early for this?

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 04:49 AM
that Erik pffft

Tylerdurden31
02-15-2007, 05:56 AM
Portishead has been working on a new album...therefore they shouldn't be prohibited.

menikmati
02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Actually Bosco, I thought about that idea, but wasn't sure how it would go over. I'll probably end up changing it to what you suggested, allowing ONE reunion band (as long as each member is still living). Good thinking. And for those thinking this is too early....actual poster making and voting won't happen for a while, but I posted this now, just to get people committed and thinking about it. I got 3 people in so far...

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Martin Gore has confirmed with me that he is in.

menikmati
02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
sweet...

and don't worry, there will not be any alias voting going on this time around...though it's still never been confirmed that it happened last time either.

psychic friend
02-15-2007, 07:18 AM
this year make the votes show publicly.

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
People can still make up aliases. How are you going to prove they're aliases or not? Are you going to have only a certain group of people that are allowed to vote?

menikmati
02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
relax people, there will be no alias voting, don't worry

schoolofruckus
02-15-2007, 07:52 AM
People can still make up aliases. How are you going to prove they're aliases or not? Are you going to have only a certain group of people that are allowed to vote?

Bingo. Why do you think I'm getting so hammered in the animal fight thread?

Erik, this is kind of like Clear Channel organizing a "Coachella" festival in the fall this coming year without telling Goldenvoice first. But as A) I am not organized enough to run the contest this year, and B) I'm still a derelict in giving Trey and Dustin their co-grand prizes for last year's finals (don't think I've forgotten, guys), I have no objections to you overseeing it.

vicorintian
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
well i am in. this should be fun.

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 08:05 AM
I just want to be able to vote. I have no photoshop/computer art skills.

mob roulette
02-15-2007, 08:39 AM
this is well thought out. i might play. also how much does the artwork of the poster count towards the final grade do you think? i am with amy in regards to photoshop skills. thanks.

thefunkylama
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
We should find the posters from last time and post them. Eventually.

TomAz
02-15-2007, 08:54 AM
There aren't enough rules. This contest needs more rules. Choose 3 bands from Column A, 5 from Column B, something like that.

also last time we didnt have to make our own posters. I can't do that. Well I can but it would look like shit. Shit, shit shit.

Boourns
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
can i make suggestion regarding this rule:

Just a suggestion...

Agreed. Listing every single band big enough to either headline or have second billing under the "one per day" list is bad enough.

PassiveTheory
02-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm in this, although I'm going to have to find someone to make me a poster...

schoolofruckus
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Erik, ignore these calls for you to add bands. It's only going to make the posters more similar and the contestants lazier.

If I had it to do over again, I would put more bands on the "completely prohibited" list, rather than the "you can only choose four from this crowd" list. I'd cut Radiohead out of the running entirely. And I guarantee you that if you legalize Portishead, you're going to have at least 10 posters with Portishead on them.

Be firm. Take away the slam dunks. Make them work for it.

Matty22Fatty
02-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice! I've been waiting for a chance to redeem myself.

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Nevermind. I won't vote if there's no Radiohead or Portishead in any of the posters. Lame.

schoolofruckus
02-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I get the impression that you're kidding.

IF YOU ARE INDEED KIDDING, PROCEED TO THE NEXT POST.

IF YOU ARE NOT KIDDING, PROCEED TO THE QUESTION BELOW:

Why do you say that? Are there only two bands in the world who deserve votes?

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
It would've been better if I were kidding, huh?

suprefan
02-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

schoolofruckus
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
It would've been better if I were kidding, huh?

Well, the choose your own adventure would be over because there was no next post. But seriously, why would you refuse to vote because of a provision that only seeks to make people diversify their line-ups?

Also, Erik, you should make a rule that scalpers aren't allowed to play. See you later, supreasskicker.

hawkingvsreeve
02-15-2007, 11:12 AM
If it's cool with Erik, I can make a few posters for those that aren't familiar with photoshop, like I did last year.

menikmati
02-15-2007, 11:18 AM
As the whole 'reunited band' thing goes...I'm thinking of setting up a page where you send in your whatever reunion band you wanna have play at your festival. BUT, it's gonna be a first come first serve type of thing, because I don't want 15 people saying they're gonna have Portishead, another 10 with Pulp and so on....it's pretty much (when/if I launch a page for it) gonna be send in your band, and if they're not already taken then they're yours, but if they are taken, I'll email you back letting you know. I dunno, something like that I guess...

and as far as eliminating bands or making more lists....I think I have a good idea going with limiting the big bands to three and one per day (same going towards the electronic acts). I don't wanna discourage people from wanting Radiohead or Tool or whomever to headline their event, but I also don't want the same headliners for every festival either. I'm still not sure if I should limit each band on that list to how many times they can be used and by how many people (like a draft I guess), I just don't want it to seem unfair. I dunno, I'm still thinking about it, suggestions help. If anything right now, I was thinking of adding a couple more bands to that list, maybe the Lips or someone.

AND, no, the appearance of the poster isn't being graded...meaning if you have a poster made in MS Paint compared to one from Photoshop...the Photoshop poster doesnt get more points or more votes or whatever just because it was made in photoshop....the votes should have nothing to do with that. The poster is just a way of organizing your event into days, giving it a name, and making it look official.

And yes, Brandon feel free to make some people posters if they aren't up to it...or you people out there who feel you don't have the skills to make a poster but wanna play, just contact Brandon, me, or someone on this board. This was covered in the FAQs section.

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't you think it's a little early for this?
i kind of liked this better when it was a middle-of-the-summer-aint-shit-goin-on game to play to keep us interested in things festivally while in the Coachella off season.

but i suppose i'm in either way.

menikmati
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Also Gabe, you're right, I should of came to you (though I haven't been seeing much of you on the boards) before making this go live, since you were the originator of this idea last year (it was really an awesome idea). Anyhow, I'm sorry...if you have any suggestions or anything though, please lemme know, I'll make you like VP of this or something.

suprefan
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Well on the reunion thing, I know a couple of bands I want but do we get limited to only one reunion?

edit: post 909, i'm in the boonies at the moment..

schoolofruckus
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I want a cut of all your royalties. I want a better title than "VP" - I'm a Senior Vice President, at least. I want my name on the poster. I want ownership of the rights to the spin-off contests. I want to appoint my entourage in all the key positions. I want final cut, muthafuckas!!!

No, you gave me credit early on and that's enough. Just consider my suggestions (having done this in the past) and then put your own spin on it. You're prepared to go farther with it than I did, and that's for the best.

I like your idea of doing a random draft for the big bands - rationing them out so only one can be used at a time. I'm telling you, last year's contest was sweet, but there were too many posters that had Radiohead or Bjork on them. It's better for the contest if you make it more difficult to choose bands.

suprefan
02-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I like your idea of doing a random draft for the big bands - rationing them out so only one can be used at a time. I'm telling you, last year's contest was sweet, but there were too many posters that had Radiohead or Bjork on them. It's better for the contest if you make it more difficult to choose bands.

I really agree with this. I think it should be done with limited resources to really push creativity and to have unconventional headliners happen. Some of the big acts seem like too much of an automatic choice in certain situations. I woudl pick Radiohead for example but it ends up being a tired choice in the end though.. Anyway update on the reuinion thing, only 1 per day of the entire weekend?

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm telling you, last year's contest was sweet, but there were too many posters that had Radiohead or Bjork on them. It's better for the contest if you make it more difficult to choose bands.

I just wanted to pause and appreciate that YAY BJORK IS REALLY COMING THIS YEAR!

That is all.

summerkid
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I agree Radiohead should not be allowed whose not going to have Radiohead at their festival? I have my questions about Bowie too.

breakjaw
02-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I have my questions about Bowie too.

http://imageigloo.com/images/801product_detail_g_said.gif

itsalltoomuch
02-15-2007, 04:00 PM
i cant wait to make a new fest! im glad this is back.

full on idle
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Mittens was my cat that died.

I don't have any aliases this board.

mountmccabe
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
My festival got lost last year. :(

It seems silly to me to have a draft for headliners because then it's just going to be who drafts who. For the voters who are deciding based on headliners.

How I voted last year was thinking of it as actually going to all of these festivals. And let me tell you, I got sick of seeing Radiohead. No one else seemed to vote this way, though.

Erik will you posting a list of bands that are not available that weekend because they are playing other shows such as the Live Earth gigs?

full on idle
02-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Akon will not be available sorry folks.

suprefan
02-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh shoot thats gonna kill things for some people if you we have to adhere to conflicts like that.... I think I am safe because no artist I want is doing it..

itsalltoomuch
02-15-2007, 05:02 PM
but ol dirty will be!

amyzzz
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
So you guys are amateur promoters now?

suprefan
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Alright I signed up, this will keep me busy for a while. I think creating a name for it will be the hardest...

So you guys are amateur promoters now?

Well the fake line up did get all the way to nme.com so yeah I think its a fair assumption to say that..

menikmati
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Okay, regarding the reunion band thing, I updated the PDF version of the rules to cover this in detail, but in short:

ONE (yes only ONE) reunion act will be allowed per festival, and there is going to be a web page (much like the one you are using to submit your participation now) where you'll give your name, festival name, and your desired reunion act (if you want one that is). The thing is though, each reunion band will only be allowed to appear at one festival each, meaning each participant must have a different reunion band from the next participant.

That means the signup thing will be on a first come first serve basis (date will be given, don't worry). If by the time your submission reaches me, and your band is already taken, I'll contact you and ask you to choose a new band to fill that slot. This is the easiest and most fair way I could come up with. Oh and more thing regarding this:

PINK FLOYD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!

I'm still not sure how I should handle the headliner thing...I don't want 20 people using radiohead or tool or whomever, but I don't wanna ban those bands either, because afterall, they are definently headliners and do play festivals. There may be a draft or sign up page or whatever, I'm still open to suggestions as of now. I just wanna make sure we get diversified lineups. Because John is right, I'm hoping votes will be based on what festivals you would actually wanna go to.

Anyway check the PDF (and html enventually) to see updated rules and stuff, and keep signing up, I got 13 so far!

DuctTapedGerbil
02-15-2007, 05:48 PM
there are too many rules...I'm getting a headache

All That I Am
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Will I be allowed to have Grizzly Bear Vs. Silverback Gorilla Death Match as part of a theater group?

suprefan
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
With Girl Talk providing the music right?

Alright, I need a name for my festival and I have some good reunions in mind so I better get mine...

tessalasset
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
here's mine from last year (courtesy of bdawg's magical photoshop skillz)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/tessizzle/TROUB3.jpg

vinylmartyr
02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm gonna post r kelly concert pics tomorrow.

mountmccabe
02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
8 bands Coachella 2007 bands played the Troubadour Festival? Am I counting right?

I wonder which festival had the most Coachella 2007 bands. Someone else go look.

tessalasset
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
i only counted four.

damien rice
bjork
the frames
travis

who else?

idrive1life
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
+ air
placebo
jose gonzales
dj shadow

mountmccabe
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I bet the person that won the guess the Coachella 2007 lineup will win this create your own contest. Who wants to take that bet.

menikmati
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Im not submitting a poster, so I'll take that bet

mountmccabe
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Haha

ThunderInTheSky
02-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Seems like a lot of work for a shirt

tessalasset
02-15-2007, 11:09 PM
+ air
placebo
jose gonzales
dj shadowhah how did i forget about all of those

Seems like a lot of work for a shirtwe're not really doing it for a prize. i didn't even know there WAS a prize the first time we did it. it's just fun. it's like the fantasy football of music festivals.

suprefan
02-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh wheres the winning poster? I wanna see so I can get a really good idea... But I think I got some good ones as it is...

babiemunkie
02-16-2007, 06:33 AM
I want to do this contest its seems awesom.

I have a suggestion about the first come first serve.

Can there be a primary list of people who are going to do the contest. Then let everyone know who is in the contest on the same date to let you know the headliner? That way people who work and can't get to doing this until the evening get a better chance at getting their headliners?

menikmati
02-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Well I was planning on emailing everyone who signs up (I'm also gonna post the list of participants here) the time and date for submitting your reunion act. There's gonna be a webpage to do it, and most likely I'll set the date and time to be on a saturday or sunday (if that works for everyone?).

I still haven't decided how picking headliners is gonna go...I may not enforce any rules on it, and just let you guys choose your headliners (the 3 total, 1 per day max) off that list if you choose. If 20 people pick Radiohead, then so be it...just remember, that if you have popular choices as like everyone else, people will be less thrilled with your headliners and voting may rest on the smaller bands in the lineup. So you gotta be thinking about the big picture. I really hope people get creative with this.

So far 19 people have entered....where should I make the cut off? Close the signups after this weekend?

mountmccabe
02-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Erik I wanna sign up but I didn't do so last night and I might not be able to until Tuesday or Wednesday. Can you sign me up? What do I need for that?

My email is my username here at gmail.com, I am 6', 200# and I like reading, going to shows and drinking alone. I might even promise to stop making jokes.

THE BANDS WHAT ARE PLAYING SHOWS THAT WEEKEND WAS A JOKE, PEOPLE. THAT WOULD BE LIKE EVERY BAND.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Okay John, you're in...that makes 20 so far

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I think that we should get more than one reunion band. Especially if it's a 3 day festival. At a quick glace at Coachella's lineup, I see 4 reunions, 3 on the same day. But that is just me.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Brandon, you haven't even signed up yet

suprefan
02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Erik, I am going to be out of town Sunday if you make that the cut off and to send in your reunion. So could I PM you my choice so I get it for sure? I dont think anyone will pick it but I wanna be safe.. I stayed up until 4am last night making my festival and putting bands on stages.....

menikmati
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey don't worry....I didn't mean this upcoming sunday (sorry to confuse anyone). If anything, the reunion band sign up will be next sunday (the 25th) at the very earliest, and I'll be giving you guys (the participants) at least a week notice before so, so you can guys can plan ahead and lemme know if your times work or what not.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
and I am thinking of closing the sign up page this Sunday...so if you wanna be in on this, don't just say so in this thread, please use the sign up page:

http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/signup.htm

I have 20 so far, if I reach 32, that'll be the cut off...if not, I'll make whatever number I end up with work.

suprefan
02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey don't worry....I didn't mean this upcoming sunday (sorry to confuse anyone). If anything, the reunion band sign up will be next sunday (the 25th) at the very earliest, and I'll be giving you guys (the participants) at least a week notice before so, so you can guys can plan ahead and lemme know if your times work or what not.

Ok cool, just checking..... Now I need to make a poster.. aargh

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Brandon, you haven't even signed up yet

I signed up yesterday. Did it not show up on your page?

menikmati
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Okay, the gmail server likes to be a pain and only forward about 90% of the emails, so I had to go check my other email server, so this is the FULL lineup of participants I have so far (if you think signed up and are missing, please lemme know):

fortydollarsworthofmeat
All That I Am
PassiveTheory
Justinaqui
Matty2Fatty
Clearly Imaginative
matsuolost
becomingcloser
bosco
durrrrrrrrdee
itsalltoomuch
dorkfish
suprefan
tessalasset
thefunkylama
ducttapedgerbil
kruetz2112
thunderinthesky
deadguy
mountmccabe
hawkingvsreeve
bleep
andrew (is this bballarl or screenname andrew?)
vicorintian

york707
02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm in but I haven't read any of this thread after about the first 7 posts.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 11:28 AM
use the sign up page to be "officially in". And sorry Brandon, gmail never forwarded me your original submission, so I had to go to the other server to check. You're in though, don't worry.

And once I got all the participants, I'll be sending out an email (and posting here) regarding how to submit reunion band, and eventually the poster.

york707
02-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I didn't even realize there were links on Erik's first post. There were too many words, so I didn't read most of them.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Just to assure you, york and chemd'up are in as well....that makes the list 26. the cut off is going to be 32, so sign up quick!

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
And sorry Brandon, gmail never forwarded me your original submission, so I had to go to the other server to check. You're in though, don't worry.

No worries. Crazy internets.

Bosco
02-16-2007, 12:44 PM
if anyone wants to do a joint effort, let me know, because im more then willing to share my festival.

Tylerdurden31
02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
giddyup!

Bosco
02-16-2007, 01:26 PM
about the pre-selected headliner idea....

I figure you just let it go as is, dont do pre-selected headliners. Some headliners will often be repeated, but thats inevitable, there just isnt alot of headliners out there. Its all about the meat (non-headliners) of the festival that wins it anyways. The good, yet realistic, festivals will stand out.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah that's what im planning on doing

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 01:47 PM
This is a lot tougher than the other contest. Picking 60 bands without having it full of obvious choices, like Arcade Fire for example, aint easy. I have 45 so far, but I've hit a road block.

summerkid
02-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I just signed up.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm up to 29....there's 3 spots left. And remember people, it's in the rules, no discussing your lineups in public. But if you havent gotten that far yet, don't worry...

idrive1life
02-16-2007, 02:08 PM
I signed up before reading the rules. I don't know how to create a poster.

Brandon,

Would you help me on my festival poster? (Erik, can Brandon do it for me?)

menikmati
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah of course...beg, barter, and/or steal if you have to

mob roulette
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
i had a reunion question before i enter. does it have to be all original members? like what if you had three-fourths of the velvets? or what if somebody from the original lineup is dead? i don't mean like t rex cause it wouldn't work without the lead singer of course, but what if you had like the buzzcocks or the vaselines or somebody but with maybe without the original bassist because he's being a prick or just doesn't feel like it or whatever? does it still count as an "official" reunion? ok thanks. not trying to be contrary or anything, just want to make sure of the rules. thank you.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
ehhh...I dont think allowing reunited acts that only 75% of the members (assuming you're pretending some imaginary guy is gonna fill one of the spots) is a good idea. The reunion band can be any band where every member (whether they're original members or members who replaced other members later on (smashing pumpkins for example)) is still alive. I hope that's clear enough. I just don't want people all of a sudden reuniting acts saying "let's pretend Paul and ringo got two extra people to fill in with them).

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I signed up before reading the rules. I don't know how to create a poster.

Brandon,

Would you help me on my festival poster? (Erik, can Brandon do it for me?)

I would be happy to help. Send your lineup with any pictures you might want on the poster to my myspace. I'll see what I can come up with.

idrive1life
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
:dumbo Thanks Brandon! I'm officially in - WooHoo!

suprefan
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I am pretty much done with mine. I even split stages up and stuff. Nobody is getting my reunion I'll say that.... And I might need help on a poster, I dont know yet...

Bosco
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
I say we up the ante for the prizes as well.

Im thinking, all contestants can enter a $1 (or a little more) entry fee or something and the winner can win a $25 cash prize, along with the bootleg cds/movies and t-shirt. The remaining $7 would go to menik for his efforts in running the contest or to make the tshirt.

But now that i think about it, making the prizes bigger might cause fradulent voting:rolleyes

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 03:25 PM
I really have to push for more than one reunion band here. Come on now.

suprefan
02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I am ok with one, it becomes each persons signature on the festival. Too many reunions will dilute the quality of the entire concept of a reunion. Do we really wanna see like each fest have at least one similar reunion? It will be tougher and better to see 32 different bands put back together just for this. Choices become more diffcult if each festival has a different one, so then the question becomes which one do you wanna see the most?

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
I would bet money that the reunions I want would be on less than 5 posters.

suprefan
02-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Still, one looks to be the best bet. I think the one I chose is not totally out of left field, but people would stop and think about it... Besides if somebody got yours before you chose, you have others to pick from..

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I signed up for this but it might be too late. If so, no problem. I'm not a fan of having to arrange set times. We're not told set times when we decide to pay to attend the festival. And what is the general deadline here?

hawkingvsreeve
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM
If so, no problem. I'm not a fan of having to arrange set times. We're not told set times when we decide to pay to attend the festival.

I thought about that as well. I don't think set times should be factored into voting. But that is just me. I am but one person.

menikmati
02-16-2007, 05:24 PM
OKAY SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED!!!

Here is the final list of participants:

fortydollarsworthofmeat
vicorintian
All That I Am
Passive Theory
justinaqui
Matty2Fatty
Clearly Imaginative
Hawkingvsreeve
matsuolost
becomingcloser
bosco
durrrrrrrdee
itsalltoomuch
andrew (Im assuming this is bballaral)
dorkfish
suprefan
tessalasset
thefunkylama
ducttapedgerbil
kreutz2112
thunderinthesky
deadguy
mountmccabe
bleep
york707
chemd'up
schoolofruckus
tylerdurden31
Summerkid
idrive1life
omg wtf bbq
yablonowitz

menikmati
02-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay now to clear a few things up.

First off, I'm not changing the ONE reunion band limit. That's all you get, ONE band to reunite and put on your festival lineup. Be creative and make your pick worth it.

Now how is this reunion band picking gonna work? Well I'll be sending out an email to all participants explaining this (in case he/she doesn't read it on here), but most likely next sunday (feb 25th), sometime in the afternoon, the webpage (much similar to the sign up page) will go live, where you'll submit your username and your band you wanna reunite.

It will be a first come first serve basis, so if by the time your email reaches my server, someone has already claimed your band, I'll contact you letting you know that you have to pick a new band. This will continue until everyone (those who want a reunited act) have a band picked. At which point, I'll release info regarding posters. Again remember, you're not required to have a reunion band, but if you want to have one, you gotta go by my rules.

As far as set times go, festivals making it into the second round of voting, you're gonna be required to submit set times. Set times can be vital...because someone could love two festivals going up against each other, but one may offer better set times to catch their favorite bands. Again, more rules on set times can be found in the pdf.

And as far as giving away a cash prize aside from the cds and tshirt, i've thought about it and still might...but if people wanna donate (paypal?), I'd be up for that. Even just a dollar each.

Yablonowitz
02-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Erik - I don't want to belabor this point, but isn't the point of the contest to get people to decide which festival they would rather attend? When making that decision, you NEVER know the set times. So, shouldn't the voting be presented in the way a prospective ticket buyer goes about deciding whether or not to attend?

menikmati
02-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Bonnaroo offers set times before the event, in fact, almost all festivals do. Plus another reason for doing set times to make this competition a little more advance than the previous game. Organizing a festival with bands and set times is hard, so this game will be to.

Bosco
02-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Im ready, this should be fun.

Perhaps a poll regarding the $1 entry fee?

deadguy
02-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Bring it on!

menikmati
02-16-2007, 05:58 PM
well I don't wanna require everyone donating. If you would like to though, maybe I should post some info regarding how to or something. All donations will go towards the money pot for the winner.

Bosco
02-16-2007, 06:19 PM
sounds fine with me commish

menikmati
02-16-2007, 06:20 PM
maybe there should be an incentive, like you donate $5 to the pot, you get to either pick another headliner from the list or have another reunion act.

Bosco
02-16-2007, 06:24 PM
lol, this contest is getting exspensive

menikmati
02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
well i dont want this contest about money

menikmati
02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
here is my poster from last year for some reference:

http://ebombfilms.com/crush/images/home_poster.jpg

Bosco
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
i would like to go to Crush, it hosts 2 of my 3 favorite bands

All That I Am
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I'll donate but only if i'm gauranteed my reunion band.

How about we have to pay a dollar to get our reunion band, cause i was gonna donate anyway.

and if so i want my band to be The ******

hehehehe

All That I Am
02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
or maybe we should be allowed to pick reunion bands by the order of entering the contest, that way it could truely be fist come first serve (cause i work all day sunday)

Bosco
02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
can we prohibit festivals from playing on Aidz Island?

Alchemy
02-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh dang, I should have signed up for this beast.

Alchemy
02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Erik can I be an alternative?

menikmati
02-16-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah sure

suprefan
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I am already creating set times, so I dont have to be under pressure if I make it past the first round and have to make them up in a couple days... I wanna make a cool poster though......

summerkid
02-16-2007, 11:51 PM
can we prohibit festivals from playing on Aidz Island?

hey, I already made my poster.

babiemunkie
02-17-2007, 07:47 AM
what if someone can't afford to give the donation who is in the running?

please don't make it about money. Braggin rights, a t-shirt, and some bootleg cds are cool.

hahaha

PassiveTheory
02-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah...

Who wants to make a poster for me? ^_^

menikmati
02-17-2007, 08:50 AM
alright alchemy, you're in

menikmati
02-17-2007, 08:53 AM
also, no one is required to give any donations of any kind...it was just a suggestion that if people wanted to donate (even just a dollar), it would go towards the winning pot

RedThom
02-17-2007, 09:00 AM
damn it, I've had no access to internet in two days and i miss the one contest I would friggin rip at?! FUCk

Alchemy
02-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Woohoo, I am in this thing! Erik, do I e-mail the secret information when the time comes? Like the poster and reunion request?

menikmati
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
PM me your email

menikmati
02-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Btw, the rules have been updated (check the pdf or html page). Bascially I added a few more bands to the headliners list: Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Sting, and The Who.

Tomorrow sometime most likely, I'm gonna send out an email to all members explaining the next process, now that the field is set. Basically it's looking like next Saturday (the 24th) at noon pacific time, the page to send in your reunion band will go live. Good luck til then. Get thinking.

suprefan
02-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Sweet, already got mine and I know I dont need back up.

All That I Am
02-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Since i'm gonna be at work can I send a text message?

Alchemy
02-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Can I send a text message too?

PassiveTheory
02-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Menik, is there like... a list of people I could contact about making a poster for me?

sonofhal
02-18-2007, 01:52 AM
If you get any more spaces, let me in. Sounds like fun!

JelloPuddingChat
02-18-2007, 03:35 AM
I totally missed this thread for not being here in a few days, but fuck it. I'm making one anyways. It will be so good you'll have to enter it in...or not.

JelloPuddingChat
02-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Alternate right here.

menikmati
02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Ok I just sent out an email to everyone (thunderinthesky - it failed to deliver to you)...hope you all got it, here's the jist of it:

Next Saturday (feb 24) at Noon pacific time (1pm mountain, 2pm central, 3pm eastern), the web page for submitting your reunion band will go live (link will be provided).

If that time does not work for you (you're busy), I'll allow you to send me a text message (only be sent at or after noon - to be fair), but you MUST contact me either via a PM here on the board or in an email, so I can send you back my phone number.

matsuolost
02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
yeas and another question. do collaborations count as one act or separate?
or can we even have collaborations? of course these would be ones that have happened before and are possible

menikmati
02-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm not gonna allow any elaborate collaborations (unless it's a known collaboration that has played before), and no, you won't be able to reuse any bands/artists in a collaboration during your festival. No repeat acts.

matsuolost
02-18-2007, 09:52 PM
yes no repeat acts. so if we want to have a collaboration. which we know have played together more than a few times and could even have a disc together. would that count as one act?

PassiveTheory
02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
What about, say, Tom Morello? Nightwatchmen Night 1, RATM Night 3? Is that allowable.

Also, must I resign hope to ever finding someone who can make me a poster for the contest? @__@

menikmati
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Having Tom Morello and then having RATM on the same bill is walking a fine line about having no repeat acts (for this contest anyways)...because if that is allowed, then people will want both Thom Yorke and Radiohead, or Jarvis Cocker and Pulp, and so on...so to avoid all of that, I'm gonna say having solo performances and then a performance from a band that he/she is in counts as having a repeat artist and therefore will not be allowed. Gotta diversify your lineup guys.

And yes, the collaboration would count as one act (as long as they're billed as the collaboration), but remember, you couldn't reuse anyone from that collaboration anywhere else in your festival.

menikmati
02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
about this whole repeat acts thing though...it's defiantly a fine line. You can have the Raconteurs and the White Stripes...I'm not gonna outlaw that (or other such examples)...it's just if you have major repeat artists - solo performances (such as solo Thom and then Radiohead), I don't think that's fair.

menikmati
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
actually scratch what I just said..I'll modify it....if you want a performance from the nightwatchman and then rage, that would be fine, since Tom is not the lead singer of ratm....but if you want a solo performance from an artist (who also fronts a band), you have to pick...either the solo performance, or the band, you don't get both. But this will apply to only artists who are the lead singers of bands (such as Thom, Jarvis, Sting, David Byrne, etc). Does that make sense?

PassiveTheory
02-19-2007, 09:24 AM
So... You can't have Death Cab and The Postal Service play your festival but on seperate nights?

menikmati
02-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Yeah I'd allow that, but they would have to be on separate days.

superfiction
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
not that im inthis thing, but is it really fair to consider boc a dance headliner?

menikmati
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
dance/electronic

of course there could be this whole big IDM argument

menikmati
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Just a reminder to all participants, I'll be sending out an email (maybe some PMs too or a post in here) tomorrow giving the link to sign up for your reunion band (link will be "live" at noon on saturday). If you want to sign up a reunion band (this is your one chance to do so, a good reunion band can gain you votes) and the time does not work for you, then please contact me (either PM or an email) asap so I can give you my number so you can text me your submission.

Also continue checking the rules for updates on band lists and other stuff:

PDF (http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/contestrules.pdf)
HTML (http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/contestrules.html)

menikmati
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey, so this is a reminder to all participants that the reunion band sign up is TOMORROW AT NOON (PACIFIC TIME). Here is the link you'll use to sign up
for your band:

http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/reunion/nopinkfloyd.htm

This link will be "live" tomorrow at noon, so check back then. If the time does not work and/or you won't be on a computer at that time, you're allowed to send me a text message (please include board username along with band request in the txt) - but please either PM me on the board or email me (if you haven't already), so I can send you my number. (already heard from 3-4 of you).

Remember, this sign up is first come, first serve...so if you're worried someone might take the band you want, sign up as quick as you can once the clock hits noon time...I'll be judging who gets who based on the time the emails reach my server (or the time the txt finally reaches my phone). I'll contact everyone who sends in a request personally, letting you know if you got your band or not.

An important thing to remember...when using the sign up page, please do not leave any fields blank. Include your board handle (username - same one u used when you signed up), your email (same on u used when u signed up), and your choice for your reunion band. There is a field box for a second choice band...you may enter another band in this field as your "backup" choice (in case your first choice is already picked). If you can't think of a second choice band, please just put "none" in that second field box then....if you leave that field blank, your submission won't be sent.

I'll leave the sign up page up until Sunday (in case any late comers wanna submit a band)....once I close the page, I'll send out the link for the page to use to start submitting your posters. (you'll have about a month to finalize your lineup and get a poster created - so no rush).

Remember, signing up a reunion band is optional, but a good reunion act could gain you some votes and get you a victory in this contest...so use this opportunity wisely.

Again, the link is http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/reunion/nopinkfloyd.htm. Please check the rules (either the PDF or HTML version posted in the thread to stay up to date on rules, band lists ect...). GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.

suprefan
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah got the e mail, sweet thanks.. Hmm a month? Geez so why did I go crazy in one evening? Guess I got a month to tweak and make a poster...

suprefan
02-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey Erik, its cool that the page says " Error 404 File Not Found " right now before noon correct?

menikmati
02-24-2007, 10:34 AM
yeah

suprefan
02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Just checking...... See ya at noon. I hope I get my reunion, I changed my mind last night about it so...

menikmati
02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/reunion/nopinkfloyd.htm

It's up now kids, good luck.

Bosco
done!

suprefan
GOT MINE IN.. :crosses fingers::

menikmati
02-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I've contacted everyone who has submitted so far. I have 13 entries so far...some good names you guys picked out!

vicorintian
02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
ok done, i hope i do get any of the two bands i ssubmitted.

suprefan
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah if I got my first choice!! I am fine with my back up but still....

vicorintian
02-24-2007, 12:09 PM
got my frist pick too. hpefully it will work out
BTW Erik, are there any news on last year's posters? i just dont wanna do a repeat.:rolleyes

menikmati
02-24-2007, 12:18 PM
I'll see what I can come up with.

justinaqui
02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
got my stuff in finally. my choices arent as well thought out as I think some of the others will be.

suprefan
02-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Actually, I want to see who did not get used as a reunion. That might be interesting because there might be a super good ones that did not get used and ends up costing some votes....

Alchemy
02-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Got my first pick, as well. Woohoo!

Hannahrain
02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
nice sig, alchemy. haha.

Alchemy
02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
nice sig, alchemy. haha.

Thanks for the inspiration, haha.

Bosco
02-24-2007, 08:39 PM
i got my first reunion group i wanted :thu

but now im afraid my festival is gonna turn out too obscure :(

suprefan
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
We'll see when the festivals start going up against each other. Personally I just wanna make it past the 1st round and then see if mine was good enough with set times or not. Mine is realistic but still has some good stuff...

PassiveTheory
02-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I wanna get past round 1 too... Oh and I got my band. =D

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
seems like lots of us got their first choice for a reunion band. i guess we were all pretty diverse. should be interesting to see what everyone came up with.

suprefan
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Well my first choice got taken because it ended up being somebody elses back up. So I guess it has to default in a case like that if anyone has somebodys first choice as a back up the person who has it as back up gets it if it conflicts to begin with.

menikmati
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
some weren't so lucky...but....I've received 20 submissions so far for reunions, and there are some good names in there, really surprised by a few. Should be a great contest!

matsuolost
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
is mine good??

menikmati
02-25-2007, 01:31 PM
they're all good...

"some weren't so lucky" was referring to the fact that not everyone got their first pick.

woogie846
02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Good luck everyone. I wish I could've submit something but I have no clue how to do anything you guys are talking about.

Tylerdurden31
02-26-2007, 08:57 PM
So do we get to take Portishead off the "reunion" list?

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-26-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah. what he said.

menikmati
02-26-2007, 09:16 PM
nope

fortydollarsworthofmeat
02-26-2007, 09:27 PM
why not?

Tylerdurden31
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
why not?

srsly

menikmati
02-26-2007, 09:47 PM
because, anyway, the rules and stuff were set up before they ever announced their plans...tough break, just hope you were the one who picked em in the reunion thing i guess.

hawkingvsreeve
02-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Well, to be fair, you kept adding bands to the headliner list after the rules were announced and there was already a lengthly headliner list. I think Portishead should remain on the reunion list, but I would just say to leave the rules/lists as they are now.

menikmati
02-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm closing the reunion band thing tomorrow...I've heard from 24 of you (not bad for the 32 person turnout)....the other 8 people, hope you read this....if you want a reunion band, you got one more day to submit something...if you don't want, then that's cool too. I'm still waiting to hear back from one person regarding their choice that was already taken...anyway, the rest of ya...sit back, keep thinking over your lineups and eventual posters. Poster information to be posted by this weekend if not sooner.

menikmati
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm emailing/posting Poster Submission info tomorrow, so stay tuned folks!

menikmati
03-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Ok, you are finally now able to upload your festival posters by using the the link below:

http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/uploadfileform.cfm

On that page you'll find a field where you'll be able to browse your system, select the poster file, and hit submit (much like sending an attachment via email). The file formats that are allowed are .jpg, .gif, .png, and .bmp. NO PHOTOSHOP FILES.

I'll probably give all of you at least a month to think of your lineups, design the poster, and submit them, so there's no rush on this (like there was for the reunion band thing).

Important note for submitting posters - When you submit your poster, PLEASE make sure it's named "(board handle - username)_poster.jpg", it will make it MUCH easier in determining who's poster belongs to who. Also, if you submit a poster but wanna make a change and update your poster to something new, just name your new poster the same as you did the old poster and upload it, if it works correctly, it will overwrite your old poster, and there will be no problems!

Remember, YOU MUST have a poster to officially compete in the contest. If you don't have the skills and/or knowledge of creating one, either email me or ask someone on the board (hawking and others) and we'll help you out with one.

If you wanna view posters from last years contest, look here:

http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/2006posters.html

Anyway, again you have about a month to do all of this, so no rush. Remember, you're competing for bragging rights, a festival t-shirt, 3 free bootlegs of your choice, and maybe something to be named later. If you have any questions or anything, please feel free to email me or ask on the board. ENJOY!

tessalasset
03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
hahaha ronnie had straight no chaser on his. awesome.

Alchemy
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
and maybe something to be named later.

The Police!?

suprefan
03-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I think my name is going to be hilarious, yet functional to what I am planning....

vogina
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
haha, "ORLY" fest. looks like a good festival, haha.

RockStr4Life
03-08-2007, 02:02 AM
I would have loved to get in on this!

Alchemy
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I can't wait to see the new posters. I am proud of mine.

PassiveTheory
03-12-2007, 09:10 AM
So... The deadline is like what? The 4th of April?

suprefan
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Submitted............ Get me past the first round please!!!

menikmati
03-15-2007, 07:09 AM
check PM suprefan

suprefan
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Checked, I'm on it......

instinct
03-20-2007, 03:09 AM
I can't wait to see this years posters.

menikmati
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Cut off will be sometime in April people.

PassiveTheory
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
So... What day?

bleep
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
in april eh? phew, there is still time for me to learn photoshop and make my poster...

i_like_cake530
03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
man i wish i had gotten in on this

hey even though im not in it, im gonna make a poster anyways just for fun
is that cool?

suprefan
03-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Go for it, lets see what you got. And follow the rules...

i_like_cake530
03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
alright cool

menikmati
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM
you can make a poster if you want and go by the rules, but it'll only get used if someone fails to submit a poster or someone drops out.

And deadline is gonna be April 22, but there will be a email and stuff about this soon.

i_like_cake530
03-22-2007, 06:04 PM
could some one explain what i title my poster, like give me an example please, cause im a little confused

menikmati
03-22-2007, 06:05 PM
you mean what you name your poster file? if you were uploading it, it would need to be named "(board handle)_poster"

example for me:

menikmati_poster.jpg

i_like_cake530
03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
ah i see ty

PassiveTheory
03-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Menik, I entered my poster in, but I didn't notice that one of the bands repeated twice on the poster. Is it alright if I submit the corrected version?

menikmati
03-24-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah of course, you can keep submitting revised versions up until the deadline

suprefan
03-26-2007, 02:06 AM
April 22nd? I wanna get this show on the road already!!

PassiveTheory
03-26-2007, 09:57 AM
He's right... Think we could start on... the 10th?

Tylerdurden31
03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I have my lineup...no poster yet....so NO!!!!!!

thefunkylama
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
technical (and otherwise) difficulties on my side, let's keep rolling with 22nd

I Can't Feel My Face
03-26-2007, 10:45 PM
hey, i just joined the board, can i get in as an ultra late entry? i do this kind of stuff for fun.

...yeah, i don't get out much.

ClearlyImaginative
03-27-2007, 03:22 AM
I agree that this contest should be finished by the time coachella comes up. There have been about 2 months allowed for planning and you guys should be ready to go.

hawkingvsreeve
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I say posters in by Coachella. Voting starts after. Stick with your dates Erik. Looks good.

menikmati
03-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Again, reminder (and I will be sending an email to everyone soon), the deadline for poster submissions is APRIL 22nd (which is a sunday)...voting will start the week after coachella. I really hope I get stuff from all 32 (plus the reserves) of you.

suprefan
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
hey, i just joined the board, can i get in as an ultra late entry? i do this kind of stuff for fun.

...yeah, i don't get out much.

Go for it, follow the rules though.

matsuolost
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
how big should the poster be?

ewiggy
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
man, this shit takes fucking forever.

I Can't Feel My Face
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Go for it, follow the rules though.

will do! thank you muchly!

suprefan
03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
how big should the poster be?

Mines 800x633 so around that size I guess, I think the poster rule is no bigger than 800x800.

mountmccabe
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Wait you're changing the title as it appears on the Coachella Lounge page. WTF.

ewiggy
03-29-2007, 07:32 PM
john?

hawkingvsreeve
03-29-2007, 10:11 PM
He has admin priviledges.

mountmccabe
03-31-2007, 10:17 AM
But when I last visited such even admins couldn't do it.

Maybe they've figured it out/changed it since.

I really need to finalize my lineup. And find someone to make me a poster.

tessalasset
04-01-2007, 02:25 AM
No it's possible. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but sometimes when I either hover over a title, or click it in a weird way, an edit box opens up and I can change the words to whatever I want. I haven't done it ever. I just click out when that happens.

sonofhal
04-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Isn't there an advanced edit function if you started the thread? I've changed one of mine before due to drunken typo.

PassiveTheory
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Is there anything we can do before the reveal day? Like... have a "Guess the Contestant's Choices" contest? Maybe a "What band would you like to see the most on this year's posters" poll?

<--- Is bored.

suprefan
04-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Read the rules, no promotion and what not to try and get votes is allowed.

I Can't Feel My Face
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Read the rules, no promotion and what not to try and get votes is allowed.

*throws away his festival's promotional pog set*
*walks away to the sad charlie brown music with his head hung low*

Tylerdurden31
04-05-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm totally doing this tonight. I have my lineup and my place...I just need to make the poster....

menikmati
04-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, no promotions for your festival/poster allowed...at least not publicly here on the board or chat room. When I'm not swamped with stuff, an email will be going out...

suprefan
04-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Got the e mail, yay.

menikmati
04-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Okay, I just sent out an email (to 30 of you) reminding you of poster submission...but I've lost a few emails, so here is the same message that I just emailed, for those of you who werent on my email list or just prefer checking this thread:

Hello all,

Sorry for taking so long to get this out, but this email is a REMINDER for everyone who has entered or wanting to enter, that posters (which are required to be officially entered in this contest) are due by Sunday April 22nd. That date is final. So if you haven't created/submitted a poster yet, I suggest you get on it.

The link to upload your finished poster is this:

There is instructions on that page, as well as inside the .PDF file (link on that page). If you don't know how to make a poster, can't (don't have time), or lack programs to make them, then you better get asking around on the message board (or asking some friend) for someone who does know how and will be able to make one for you. Just ask around on the board, I'm sure someone would be willing to help (me included).

So again, go by the rules posted on the upload page, and get your posters in by Sunday April 22nd (voting will start afterwards). No poster, no contest for you. You got a couple weeks, so get moving. Once again, the link to upload is: http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/uploadfileform.cfm

-------

Also, originally there was 32 people who signed up (the limit) and then two dropped out (that were replaced)....for those 32 of you, I hope you remember who you are (if not, there's a list below)....I really hope all of you still plan on participating in this. I would love to get 32 posters...to make the brackets easier to assemble, plus to make sure everyone is going to participate.

Here is the list of contestants that are officially in this contest: (I hope you all remember to submit a poster)

omg wtf bbq
idrive1life
tylerdurden31
chemdd'up
york707
deadguy
thunderinthesky
kreutz2112
ducttapedgerbil
thefunkylama
suprefan
dorkfish
itsalltoomuch
durrrrrrrrrdee
bosco
becomingcloser
matsuolost
clearly imaginative
Matty22Fatty
justinaqui
Passive Theory
All That I Am
fortydollarsworthofmeat
schoolofruckus
summerkid
bleep
mountmccabe
andrew
vicorintian
hawkingvsreeve
Alchemy
sonofhal

if any of you fail to submit a poster, then you'll replaced by backups, who currently are:

jellopuddingchat
rockstr4life
I can't feel my face
I_like_cake530

any questions or whatever, email me

becomingcloser
04-08-2007, 11:05 AM
haven't had time. use backup please.

sonofhal
04-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Should put the finishing touches to mine this week.

menikmati
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
well all you backups, please submit posters too....because they likely will be used

menikmati
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
ONE MORE WEEK PEOPLE. GET YOUR POSTERS IN!!!!

suprefan
04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
I want to get this show on the road already. I am soooo getting past the first round.

Alchemy
04-16-2007, 05:30 AM
I want to get this show on the road already. I am soooo getting past the first round.

It's a dual!

Tylerdurden31
04-16-2007, 05:57 AM
It's a dual!

no...it's a DU-EL!

I'm totally taking this.

Alchemy
04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
no...it's a DU-EL!

I'm totally taking this.

I had a feeling it was "duel" and not "dual".

Either way, my poster looks so sexy.

suprefan
04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm gonna find a cool pic of a "duel"

babyeatsguts
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
i just randomly read neutral milk hotel somewhere on this post
i fucking miss them

landa321
04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
i would have won this thing if i hadn't missed that deadline.

btw - regarding Neutral Milk Hotel, you mean you miss HIM, not them.

suprefan
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
It's a duel!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8687/duel12ub3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)