PDA

View Full Version : Got Finals?

apachedino
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Not to bitch or anything as I am way excited for Coachella, but why does it have to be right during finals? I go to the University of Utah and don't know how finals are elsewhere, but I have two on the Monday after Coachella, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday. There is no way for me to see RATM and get back on time, so I changed one for the entire class to the Thursday before and am working on changing the other. I am just saying one week later would be an awesome end for the semester and one week earlier would make a nice break before finals. But smack dab in the middle makes it stressful. It was the same way last year. I bought tickets as soon as they went one sale thinking I would worry about details like that later and I am glad I did now that they are sold out as some of my more hesitant friends are SOL. I know alot of other people going are likely in college, so I was just seeing how everyone else is dealing with it. I know GV is not here to cater specifically to me, but it would be nice. Just venting as I am studying for a test right now.

menikmati
02-14-2007, 07:48 PM
my finals are at the end of may

Mctommy
02-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I missed the last 3 years of coachella because of finals.

If you are on Semester schedule, and you care about your grades... you are pretty fucked. Coachella runs either right before or about a week before finals for peeps on semester schedule. (generalization, but you know what I mean)

CheersDarlin
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm taking my last final the day we're leaving for Coachella.

AEversW
02-14-2007, 09:40 PM
my last final is the 25th of april! i lucked out.

bmack86
02-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Mine aren't until mid June. This is the first year that it hasn't coincided with midterms for me.

smellysocks
02-14-2007, 09:58 PM
yea my last final is the morning of April 25, then i am out. Last year it was pretty much in the middle of them though...so i feel your pain

Kasabian
02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
In 2005, I went to Coachella, then left Indio at 5 am the next morning, and made it back to Vegas in time to take my 10am final. And yes, I looked like hell. Did pretty good on my final though!

boarderwoozel3
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
What school syatem are you on? Trimester? Thats a super random time for finals. But then again, finals in June are screwing me out of seeing the police at Bonnarro.

Good Days Last
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Finals for me at SUU in Cedar is the same week as you in Salt Lake, so it's that week after Coachella... don't know if I'm gonna miss any finals though.

bmack86
02-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Quarters. We start at the end of September, then again mid January and again in mid April. Coachella is happening in my second week.

arbouler
02-14-2007, 10:20 PM
im graduating. so i dont give a shit about finals.

Kasabian
02-14-2007, 10:22 PM
What school syatem are you on? Trimester? Thats a super random time for finals. But then again, finals in June are screwing me out of seeing the police at Bonnarro.

I was on a semester schedule. I think that final was early though.

kaeso
02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
i have finals the week after, going to coachella is incentive for me to be prepared for my finals before i leave. I actually think it will benefit my scholastic performance

kreutz2112
02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
If I have a final it will only be one. If I miss it I dont mind retaking the class.

Dino, pre-game before The Shins tomorrow, at my house!

bballarl
02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I missed the last 3 years of coachella because of finals.

If you are on Semester schedule, and you care about your grades... you are pretty fucked. Coachella runs either right before or about a week before finals for peeps on semester schedule. (generalization, but you know what I mean)

I care about my grades, but I care about having a good time rather than studying for 20 hours over the weekend a whole lot more.

TomAz
02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I care about my grades, but I care about having a good time rather than studying for 20 hours over the weekend a whole lot more.

that's what she said

apachedino
03-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Yes, I changed the two finals in question to before Coachella so I can have them out of the way. Now I don't have to take a zero cuz that would really suck. It's gonna be hard to come back to two even harder finals though (Medicinal Chemistry and Therapeutics back ta back) I guess I got some motivation to prepare before so that I can go into it guilt free.

rage patton
03-02-2007, 09:06 AM
My last final is the day before I leave for Coachella!
My girlfriend just found out her last final is the day we were planning on leaving. What kinda of school plans an exam for a Saturday!? Common! Hopefully the exam can be rescheduled...

kreutz2112
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Yes, I changed the two finals in question to before Coachella so I can have them out of the way. Now I don't have to take a zero cuz that would really suck. It's gonna be hard to come back to two even harder finals though (Medicinal Chemistry and Therapeutics back ta back) I guess I got some motivation to prepare before so that I can go into it guilt free.

Lets take everclear shots on sunday morning before we drive home.

wmgaretjax
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
i have:
20 page paper on aesthetics of noise in philosophy
15 page paper analyzing weapons and waste in Don DeLillo's "Noise"
8 Minute sound synthesis music composition

chairmenmeow47
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM
i've got a midterm this saturday at 8am i'm not happy about...

Vericuester
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before! I could have commiserated with all these people.