PDA

View Full Version : So who else gets the feeling.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
That we're stuck with these mediocre headliners on Saturday and Sunday?

I want to believe that Golden Voice is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I am starting to accept the fact that this is it. I really hope not, nothing against the Cure but they've headlined before and I could care less about seeing them again and all I can say about the Killers is that I would rather stab myself in the heart than watch that band.

rage patton
04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
The Cure are not a medicore headliner.

AlecEiffel
Excellent and necessary thread!!

psychic friend
you miss jack johnson?

moomoo
04-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I got the feeling they weren't going to add anymore acts the day the poster was realeased you shit bag. Be happy with what we got because it's going to be amazing even if the Killers are headlining Saturday.

mittens4kittens
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
lol at "stab myself in the heart"

rage patton
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
During The Killers you will have the option of seeing The Chemical Brothers or Mastodon. Possibly another act or two as well.

betao
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
all I can say about the Killers is that I would rather stab myself in the heart than watch that band.

If watching the Killers is what it will take for you accomplish this, then you'll have to camp out at the mainstage Saturday just be safe.

HandBanana
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
I hope its Mastodon, cuz them other two are the wackness.

PassiveTheory
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I get the feeling that I want to shove my fist down your throat and tear out your beating heart.

That's the feeling I get.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
The Cure are not a medicore headliner.

Listen, unless Robert Smith transforms himself to take on Barbara Streisand I could really give two shits about seeing them. I've seen them before and it was okay. After Leonard Cohen/Morrisey/Macca it's all downhill from there as far as headliners go. Rest of the lineup is strong all weekend long.

Amneeziac
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
If you don't like it, don't go. Stop whining like a selfish little twit.

moomoo
04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Rest of the lineup is strong all weekend long.

Then why thee fuck must you continue to crank out garbage threads that revolve around how GV could not please your every fancy you cockulous shit-twinkler?

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
If you don't like it, don't go. Stop whining like a selfish little twit.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

captncrzy
04-08-2009, 03:13 PM

I want to believe that Golden Voice is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I am starting to accept the fact that this is it. I really hope not, nothing against the Cure but they've headlined before and I could care less about seeing them again and all I can say about the Killers is that I would rather stab myself in the heart than watch that band.

Well, it IS all about you and who you want to see, after all.

Snap to it Paul. You need to please this douchebag.

Amneeziac
04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Shut the fuck up and go away. Just leave, you self-indulgent, deluded piece of shit.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Shut the fuck up and go away. Just leave, you self-indulgent, deluded piece of shit.

Whatever you twit. I was trying to spark a conversation if you don't like it go post in another thread.

seandlr
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
i have a good friend who said said that she really didnt like the killers, but she said theyre really really good live, so i think im gonna go see them, as long as their isnt a real tough conflict : chemical brothers, spearhead, or atmosphere

kreutz2112
04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Prince is being added to Saturday.

rage patton
04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I hope its Mastodon, cuz them other two are the wackness.

Mastodon has confirmed they are closing the Mojave on Saturday.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
i have a good friend who said said that she really didnt like the killers, but she said theyre really really good live, so i think im gonna go see them, as long as their isnt a real tough conflict : chemical brothers, spearhead, or atmosphere

Atmosphere are great live, but they play A LOT! Try to catch someone you normally wouldn't see. Michael Franti w/Spearhead should be good, they had a lot of energy last time they played.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:22 PM

Have you heard the new album? Pretty solid, but the stories they come up with are crazy. I didn't think the lyrics could get any crazier than Leviathan

Botrocker
04-08-2009, 03:22 PM

Good news!

HandBanana
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Niiiiice. Thanks for the info

moomoo
04-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Having to choose between dancing my ass off and moshing my ass off will be rather tough.

seandlr
04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Atmosphere are great live, but they play A LOT! Try to catch someone you normally wouldn't see. Michael Franti w/Spearhead should be good, they had a lot of energy last time they played.

well my girlfriend and i are kinda big atmosphere fans and she has never seen them before, so thats why i want to see them. i would seriously be sad if there was a conflict with spearhead and atmosphere

ShyGuy75
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
is captncrzy the biggest GV nuthugger on this board? maybe i should start a poll about it. I mean, its scary how it is impossible for her to be objective regarding any situation involving this festival. I'm convinced that if PF told her to eat a shit sandwich, she would do so without taking a drink of water. anything to please the invisible message board masters, i guess. sad.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
is captncrzy the biggest GV nuthugger on this board? maybe i should start a poll about it. I mean, its scary how it is impossible for her to be objective regarding any situation involving this festival. I'm convinced that if PF told her to eat a shit sandwich, she would do so without taking a drink of water. anything to please the invisible message board masters, i guess. sad.

Lolz, yeah I wasn't trying to take anything away from the hard work Golden Voice does. I am in the same line of work myself. I just figured it being the 10 year anniversary they'd go all out, but I guess not.

Ah well I am still gonna have a lot of fun.

nationocean
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM
"oh boy i have a feeling i'm going to bury my dog tonight"

Bendulum
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Go see the Chemical Brothers if you really despise The Killers. Even if you don't dig the music, which is difficult not to, you can dance your ass off to a kaleidoscopic light show.... or see Mastodon, as previously suggested.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm just a little excited...my group that I go with have all dropped out so its just my wife and I. And Saturday is still crappy for me....that being said...I still have loads of faith in it being a wicked good show...just not as good as the previous years...

Duvel
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I'll give you three words why Saturday is great...

BAND OF HORSES!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

fatbastard
04-08-2009, 03:46 PM

This has to be an alias. No one can be so correct with such a low post count.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I still have loads of faith in it being a wicked good show...just not as good as the previous years...

My point exactly. I am not saying it's going to suck, it's just kinda eh after last year and the year before. Maybe it's because I have not been listening to as much new music lately but in 07 I had Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Andrew Bird, Jose Gonzalez ect and last year it was Duffy, Mark Ronson, Black Lips, MGMT ect this year doesn't seem like as much stuff like that I am into, but I am looking forward to being surprised.

Hopefully Alberta Cross puts on a good show, also looking forward to Lykke Li.

Maybe booking shows and living in Austin has made it harder for me as I've seen a good chunk of the bands playing, but I am super stoked about SUPERCHUNK! I am gonna go see them at the Merge Festival too after hitting up Pitchfork.

ThunderInTheSky
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I'll give you three words why Saturday is great...

BAND OF HORSES!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

I will agree, hopefully they play at Sunset with Fleet Foxes before them. They played sunset at ACL and it was fucking AWESOME.

Have you ever heard the New Mexicans? They were from Seattle on a hip hop label called Under the Needle, but they sounded a lot like early At the Drive In?

the singer of that band died in a skiing accident and two of those dudes are now in Band of Horses. Kinda weird since we all got wasted at my house and had a dance party listening to Gravy Train!!! like 5 years ago.

KungFuJay
04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Or go stab yourself.

anonimouse
04-08-2009, 04:26 PM
you miss jack johnson?

OH SNAP!

gmoneyak
04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
My point exactly. I am not saying it's going to suck, it's just kinda eh after last year and the year before. Maybe it's because I have not been listening to as much new music lately but in 07 I had Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Andrew Bird, Jose Gonzalez ect and last year it was Duffy, Mark Ronson, Black Lips, MGMT ect this year doesn't seem like as much stuff like that I am into, but I am looking forward to being surprised.

Hopefully Alberta Cross puts on a good show, also looking forward to Lykke Li.

Maybe booking shows and living in Austin has made it harder for me as I've seen a good chunk of the bands playing, but I am super stoked about SUPERCHUNK! I am gonna go see them at the Merge Festival too after hitting up Pitchfork.

You basically just answered your own question here.

Next time try having a basis of information and knowledge about the lineup before bitching about it. It's pretty fucking simple.

M Sparks
04-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Spearhead is good, but this statement was funny to me. I live in a small town that hardly gets any shows, but Atmosphere and Spearhead are both here a couple of times a year. They are probably tied with Dark Star Orchestra for the most appearances in our town.

obzen
04-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Mastodon has confirmed they are closing the Mojave on Saturday.fuck yeah-that solves Saturdays problem for me(...)

gaypalmsprings
04-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Is anyone's gristle throbbing yet?

steve7268
04-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Why is everyone so hung up on the headliners? Are you that lazy that you can't look up some of the lower level acts and find something you like? Do they have to be on MTV to be legitimate? Man, Saturday IS NOT A WEAK DAY AT ALL. And I WILL be at Chemical Brothers. Do you really think they are playing during the killers? That'd be fantastic.

steve7268
04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Is anyone's gristle throbbing yet?

Been throbbin' for weeks. It's about to start oozing.

sonnyboy11
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Since the Killers, Mastodon and The Chems are 3 bands on my must see list, I have a feeling I'm in for some unsually tough decisions.

Fuck the original post btw. The line-up is terrific as is. Any additions at this point are bonus.

obzen
04-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Do they have to be on MTV to be legitimate?
the killers are on mtv/kroq,asshole.

Aphex Twin was my Friday headliner last year...

Mastodon are my Saturday headliners-fuck it,as long as they play for 70 minutes...

steve7268
04-08-2009, 06:18 PM
the killers are on mtv/kroq,asshole.

Aphex Twin was my Friday headliner last year...

Mastodon are my Saturday headliners-fuck it,as long as they play for 70 minutes...

I don't think you really read my post our you wouldn't have responded with what you did.

Maybe you are just stupid.

PotVsKtl
04-08-2009, 06:33 PM
He is quite dense.

Babooshka
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Bf & I Spent about $700 getting tickets and some more @ The Coachella festival..I'm sure...SO WE DESERVE in these tough economy times... F&*^^$# AWESOME HEADLINERS!!!! The setlists feel unfinished...No?

frozen pilgrim
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
no. no they don't.

Boourns
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Lineup is not perfect, yeah, but I have my ticket and I am excite. There's lots of great music to check out and some epic must-sees, and it's always the best of times.

KickerConspiracy
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
If Macca was playing Saturday so the lineup went FRI Franz/Cohen/Moz and SAT MIA/Killers/Macca fewer people would be complaining.

Still the way it is with mad conflicts on Friday and a weak headliner Saturday is kind of lame.

//Hoping for Bruce on Saturday
//Um, er, I mean Radiohead, Daft Punk and Bowie

AlecEiffel
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Bf & I Spent about $700 getting tickets and some more @ The Coachella festival..I'm sure...SO WE DESERVE in these tough economy times... F&*^^$# AWESOME HEADLINERS!!!! The setlists feel unfinished...No?

I don't understand why you would spend so much money on something you don't think is worth it. You aren't owed anything. You were told what you would get and you chose to pay for it, you don't have any logical reason to be dissapointed in anyone other than yourself.

HandBanana
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I was fine until I heard Babooshka was sad and now Im going to burn the campsite down Firday night shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

you heard nothing

AlecEiffel
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Lord knows that the campsite...I'm sure... DESERVES to be burnt down in these tough economy time...No?

Jremy
04-09-2009, 08:46 AM
God i love GV...
wait for it.

HandBanana
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
If nothings happened by now, nothings happening.

Now on to set times!

Bubba hotep
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
God i love GV...
wait for it.

Wait for what?

KungFuJay
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Wait for what?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
I HAVE A FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba hotep
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Oh... O.K. I will wait then. *sits down and cracks open a book*

Bubba hotep
04-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I HAVE A FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this some sort of Colorado thing?

BROKENDOLL
04-09-2009, 10:04 AM
is captncrzy the biggest GV nuthugger on this board? maybe i should start a poll about it. I mean, its scary how it is impossible for her to be objective regarding any situation involving this festival. I'm convinced that if PF told her to eat a shit sandwich, she would do so without taking a drink of water. anything to please the invisible message board masters, i guess. sad. Speaking of nuthuggers...Now that RotatioSlimWang and TheLastGreatMan have disappeared, who's nuts are you hugging these days, ShyGuy75? Just wondering...

far gone and out
04-09-2009, 10:10 AM

the cure is not a mediocre headliner, you're just a twat.

Lt. Bowie
04-09-2009, 10:40 AM
They're a classic band, but they play a mediocre live show. They have no energy or charisma. Seeing the Cure will basically be for the sake of saying "oh, yeah, I've seen the Cure live." But since they're just so rad, I have no problem with that.

Also, Robert Smith says he eats meat just because he hates Morrissey. And he gets really big and fights Barbara Striesand. That's a headliner's resume, my friends!

HandBanana
04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
The Cure are meh as fuck.
They were a worthy headliner in 04 before they played their set and were lame.
In 2009? Who srsly gives a shit about the Cure?
Sunday is the lowest selling day and I forsee it being pretty empty in the fields that day, since peeps will use it as an opportunity to make the trip back home early.

You know who should be pissed?
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs manager.
They are getting ready to hit promo hard for It's Blitz and they get thrown on a pretty weakly attended day. Thats gonna suck for them.

Goodtoknow
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
OP, you're right. I think I'd rather spend the weekend indoors and watch Law & Order: CI marathons on USA.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
What is this some sort of Colorado thing?

what for it..............

Goodtoknow
04-09-2009, 10:46 AM

wait...? maybe...?

Bubba hotep
04-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I agree about The Cures set in 2004. However having seen them several times over the years I can tell you that was an off night for them, they were having guitar problems all night and it just did not translate. They will redeem themselves. Mark my words.

Bubba hotep
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM

How about you just PM me and we will both be in on the fun.

captncrzy
04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I would NOT eat a shit sandwich. I'm not eating bread right now.

JebusLives
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Every year I tell myself not to lose faith, then I lose faith, then GV pulls something awesome and I berate myself for questioning them.

... once again I am losing my faith.

HandBanana
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Its over guys.
Its gonna be a blast, its just not gonna be an above and beyond one.

Paul wasnt kidding about not caring about anniversarys lol.

Goodtoknow
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm not really surprised. How many times could they literally up the ante. Last year was literally perfect. I kind of knew this year wouldn't live up to past ones. Doesn't mean I'm not going to have a grand oletime though.

Amneeziac
04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't mean it in a bad way but I think Kurt Cobain and grunge took the fun out of rock and roll.

Okay fuck what I said before. Brandon Flowers and The Killers can all go fuck themselves. I will definitely not be seeing them now. What a douchebag.