PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Your Frisking Experiences!!

sinaurora
04-03-2009, 05:54 PM
This is my first time attending and I just wanted to hear some stories and details on how many people have been searched and how well prior to getting into the campground and the venue..
Is it more difficult to sneak stuff in with the venue?
Do they tend to profile?
Do females have less harrassment getting past security?

Also... if people are willing any sneaky tips?

flowbee
04-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Their frisking is rushed and poor, at least the 3 days I went last year. They don't do a groin sweep and just run down the legs in like 2 seconds.

Stickjohn
04-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Go here http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26202

:yyablo

Jremy
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Searches vary day to day (or maybe it's guard to guard)
Last year fri and sat was easy, but on sunday the gal asked me to open my cigarette pack.

phantom
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
ive been the past two years and its always super lax. just a peek in the bag and light frisk down the sides.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
last year was like nothing.
pretty early on saturday, just a pat on the pockets and i was on my way.
i was like....wait...really?

gmoneyak
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Is it weird that I'm finding this thread strangely erotic?

blackchango
04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
It's been very thorough every year. Don't sneak anything in or they will sic their dogs on you.Seriously! Last year the dogs went right for my danger zone and they made me throw away my peanut butter sandwich. Yeah so don't do it, dont even think about doing it.

RooTeefy
04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
It really just depends. On Friday last year they were making everyone in my line take off their shoes and looking in them. It was pretty annoying. Saturday and Sunday I pretty much just walked through with a light pat down. If you're going to sneak anything in you have to plan for the worst and be creative.

dubvulture
04-04-2009, 04:23 AM
pIsoF0WbVyA

krisskross
04-04-2009, 07:25 AM
if you've got titties, use them

fatbastard
04-04-2009, 07:41 AM
On a somewhat related subject, I was able to master the move of removing a bra hook with 3 fingers by senior year.

krisskross
04-04-2009, 07:49 AM
On a somewhat related subject, I was able to master the move of removing a bra hook with 3 fingers by senior year.

never understood why boys think its such a puzzle. congrats on your early success though

blackchango
04-04-2009, 07:54 AM
never understood why boys think its such a puzzle. congrats on your early success though
Maybe he was talking about his bra?

fatbastard
04-04-2009, 07:54 AM
I believe it comes down to multitasking. Your cupping and kissing someone while working on the strap and visually working on the logistics of the event itself. It may be a bit overwhelming to the novice.

Maybe he was talking about his bra?

I almost went there.

krisskross
04-04-2009, 08:00 AM
oh good point. i realize i never multitask when removing my own bra. i have a new found respect for this struggle.

JustSteve
04-04-2009, 08:27 AM
On a somewhat related subject, I was able to master the move of removing a bra hook with 3 fingers by senior year of college.

fixed.

nbvwes
04-04-2009, 09:19 AM

it's easier to take off your own then someone else's... at least when i've tried one on, maybe you should try taking off your girlfriend's bra & see if it's as easy as taking off your own... maybe you should do both at the same time, while i'm there video-taping... then maybe you can rub oil on each other... yeeaahh, like that...

momof5
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
I had a Mont Blanc pen in my bag that security took and TOSSED in the TRASH. I didn't want to go back to the car and I tried to convince him to at least keep it .It was $150 and a gift from a friend I had for over 10 years. That made no sense to me,I complained to GV but never got an answer back. And by the way I was about 50 years old,with my kids. I know I look really dangerous -but seriously! You may be searched thoroughly.

Jagh20
04-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Time to step your game up to just the thumb & Index finger....left handed is the best approach I find.

unknown
04-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Each day is different, so is each year. 2 years ago I found Friday to be the easiest day by far to getting stashes of stuff in - so easy in fact that on Saturday I just threw my shit into my purse LOL well the girl searched my purse and found my herb and pipe, she looked at me like OOOH and I simply smiled and said "oh, c'mon girl" and she said OK.

I always like to find the security person who searches the least thoroughly and get in that line. I even change lines if I see my security person being too thorough. It's quite easy though - just double wrap things and stick them in your crotch or in a secret compartment in your bag. Or just have a bag with so much shit in it and go to someone who doesn't search thoroughly and you won't even have to stash stuff under your clothes - which is hard to do at Coachella considering it is hot and I usually wear one layer of thin clothing.

boarderwoozel3
04-04-2009, 11:27 AM
On Friday at OSL last summer the girl who frisked me got a little fresh and gave my ass and groin a few grabs on her way around. Upon completion she said I could go with big smile.

gaypalmsprings
04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
You'll get a full cavity check if you're lucky.

BROKENDOLL
04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
You'll get a full cavity check if you're lucky. And that's a real deal! I mean, how many other music fests offer a free dental exam?

hunkomanwich
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
It's been a completely different experience for me every day of every year. I've gotten through with an opened bottle of gatorade one year, and had a guy go so far as to check a lipstick that my friend had in her purse another. I think it just depends on the line you pick and the guard you get. Just remember that they can't search your nether regions, and you'll be fine.

nbvwes
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I had a Mont Blanc pen in my bag that security took and TOSSED in the TRASH. I didn't want to go back to the car and I tried to convince him to at least keep it .It was $150 and a gift from a friend I had for over 10 years. That made no sense to me,I complained to GV but never got an answer back. And by the way I was about 50 years old,with my kids. I know I look really dangerous -but seriously! You may be searched thoroughly.

no offense dude, but why would you bring a $150 pen to Coachella?

i bring NOTHING i can't bear to lose: cheap sunglasses, cheap watch, disposable phone, etc...

Egull
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
This is my first time attending and I just wanted to hear some stories and details on how many people have been searched and how well prior to getting into the campground and the venue..
Do they tend to profile?

Im not sure what you are trying to sneak in, but last year I found shot packets at Stater Bros. before the festival and basically they are little plastic pouches filled with rum, they are really easy to hide and perfect for festivals, I will try to find out what they are called.

Stickjohn
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I lost a cheap ballpoint stick pen from a bad hotel one year. The security guard was like "AHA! No pens." I couldn't think of anything to say it was just so ridiculous. If pens are that much of a threat then add it to the list of banned items. Now I'm forced to smuggle a pen in. I'm looking for a short one. But then they get thicker too. IDK

michaelmontanez
04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I remember in 2007 I had forgotten that I had a condom stashed in my sunglasses case, and the security guard felt it and was like "what is this?" and having forgotten, had to pull it out and show him, a near 60 year old man a condom.

whynotsmile99
04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
pIsoF0WbVyA

what the hell is he doing tucking it upwards?

Jaw-naw-thin
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Im not sure what you are trying to sneak in, but last year I found shot packets at Stater Bros. before the festival and basically they are little plastic pouches filled with rum, they are really easy to hide and perfect for festivals, I will try to find out what they are called.

Pocket shots

http://www.pocketshot.net/store-locator.php

momof5
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM

i bring NOTHING i can't bear to lose: cheap sunglasses, cheap watch, disposable phone, etc...

I always just had it in my purse. It was my pen. I never lost it in 10 years and no one ever seized it at Coachella in at least 4 years prior. Just saying-sometimes the rules are enforced or changed in the case of no pens.I don't generally lose things so I am okay with what I bring in.

paulb
04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Security has seemed strict to me, at least entering the camping grounds...searching every little pocket, callin security over, lookin at my insulin and crap as if its heroine. then the main security guy told the mexican cunt with the mustache, that if it looks like insulin, leave it alone.

Devin the Dude
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM

please do find that name. i must have these. EDIT: found FTW

it's easy to get shit into coachella. i brought a bunch of drugs last year. trust. don't even worry about it, just tape it or b00bs.

shotglass75
04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a little bag like the one below that I attach to the button on my shorts and then crotch it in my underwear kinda at ball level. Hangs there nicely. Enhancements stay secure. Pull it out and put in my pocket right after I get through the gate. It's kinda dumb, but so is frisking someone for drugs at a music festival.

http://hov-land.net/RoadWarrior/index.16.jpg

prettyenoughforyou
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
They pulled out my diabetic boyfriend's insulin pump causing him a lot of pain and he had to walk back to the camp site and change his pump which is also painful. Because he was the last of our group in line, and we had already scanned our tickets, they wouldn't let us go with him so we had to sit for over an hour and wait. It was under a shady tent so we didn't mind too much.

Havocquarm
04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I have always wondered how some people got a foot long bong in on one of the days of 07. It was pretty amazing standing there, waiting for Damien Marley, when suddenly a bong gets passed your way.

paganman7
04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I have always wondered how some people got a foot long bong in on one of the days of 07. It was pretty amazing standing there, waiting for Damien Marley, when suddenly a bong gets passed your way.

I can think of several ways to sneak in a 12 inch bong, but they all involve lube and discomfort.

locachica73
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
note to self... don't smoke out of anyone's bong.

Kerowackattack
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
LOL.
The contents of my fanny pack included my phone, digital camera, cash, Zig Zags, and a lighter
So when the frisker asked me why I didn't have any tobacco/what I was gonna use the Zags for... I just kept silent until he let me through.
he probably figured I was gonna try to buy some inside.

Gooch-straped ftw.

BrickTop24
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
normally ive had no problem with security pattin me down. its usually just a quick pat down and then they let me pass. but last year on day one, one security guard made me take my shoes off. i was alittle surprised cause i never had any issues my first two years. its not like i was attending ozzfest or the warped tour which the security usually checks everything and then some.

but yeah, that was my only issue. they didnt find anything either.

but the next two days, security just gave me a quick pat down and let me pass. so it just depends on which security guard checks your stuff.

locachica73
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't remember ever getting patted down. In fact they barely even looked through my stuff. I had one cute security guard ask me if I had any drugs on me. I said no and he just smiled and waved me through.

gaypalmsprings
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Tell 'em yer butt has crack.

locachica73
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
lol, i just said... no, that would be illegal. He looked like he had smoked a few bowls in his day so he was very understanding. The chick I got in line for on Sunday though was a bit more cranky, still didn't get frisked but she really tried to do a good search job of my purse. Still didn't find my blunt or booze though.

MOTAvatedSAM
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
i found that if you go in when the line is hella long they do a quik pat down and glance in your bag. if you go when the line is short like 6 pm they have time to search you and they will till they find something. water bottles filled with vodka! yeah

donkey sex
04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
first time see Father naked

gaypalmsprings
04-06-2009, 05:14 PM
http://www.arjenfun.com/kriebelfun/images15/080708cavirty_search.jpg

shasbot3535
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
If you are entering the camping area with drugs be careful. they are very relaxed at the main gate to the festival, but in the campsite they search every little area. Consider taking something apart and shoving it in there.

heyeric
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
shotglass, I use a bag like so as well.

they work great!

Blinken
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
On Friday at OSL last summer the girl who frisked me got a little fresh and gave my ass and groin a few grabs on her way around. Upon completion she said I could go with big smile.

I don't think that was security. No one patted me down at OSL, just waved right on through.

MantisMel
04-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I always put a flask wrapped in a sweater in my bag. When they are about to search my bag I just pull it out and let them look through my stuff. They dont bother looking in a sweater. I do it every year.

sinaurora
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
is the security more laxed going into the camping grounds? or the venue?
I would assume the venue would be more difficult....
Anyone have any luck with the cigarette pack... joint thing? cutting off the filters.. etc?
When you say they search every little area... explain? :P ha

blackchango
04-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Great everyone just gave up all their dirty little secrets. I'm sure the head of event staff this year appreciates the heads up. Dum dums.

Storm Amsterdam
04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I was at this techno party a couple of weeks ago. Making out with this barely legal brunette who was rolling hard, started to grab for the goods and had an intimate experience at a quiet area of the venue.

My most recent frisking experience

blackchango
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM
="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCnEHSJX9UY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCnEHSJX9UY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sfx monger
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM
They also seem to judge the way people look. Apparently everybody tells me I look like an obvious stoner, and I always get randomly asked if I have any drugs to sell. Whether I be at a beach, party, or coachella. The guards must think the same. I always get patted down real good. While I see others coast through.

Plan for the worst, hide good, ball it or boob it.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM
don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

Great everyone just gave up all their dirty little secrets. I'm sure the head of event staff this year appreciates the heads up. Dum dums.

yeah the dudes making minimum wage to pat down a bunch of sweaty coachella goers in the middle of the desert are really gonna do some extracurricular research before they show up

iloveorangejuice
04-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Last year on Friday, they patted me down for a second then asked me to take my shoes off. That was the only time I was asked to do that in the three years I've been.

faxman75
04-07-2009, 11:31 AM
The security into the fest is much more strict than into the campground. For instance I have never seen security unroll an entire tent. I have seen some pretty hardcore searches into the festival grounds though. 2007 seemed to be the most detailed searches maybe because of Rage.

fatbastard
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
I had a bad experience the year before last. They looked through everything and touched me in a way that I should have at least been given a drink. They felt the side of my sun glasses, made me take my hat off then looked inside my hat. They took my uni-ball pen that I take with me to write notes. The frisking was bad enough but it was their demeanor that really fired me up. Have you ever had a bad law enforcement experience but you couldn't say anything or else you knew they would take you away? It was one of those experiences.

The worst part is that the wife was right behind me. All she had to do was bat those blue eyes of hers ever so slightly. She took a bag in that had allergy pills, aspirin, bottled water and I don't even remember what else. They didn't even look at her bag. I take that back, they did but not rifle through it very thoroughly. I was angry for like 45 minutes after that experience.

MantisMel
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I have never seen security unroll an entire tent.

I never thought about that.... Hmmm...

don't be stupid and you'll be fine.

yeah the dudes making minimum wage to pat down a bunch of sweaty coachella goers in the middle of the desert are really gonna do some extracurricular research before they show up

Totally!! They don't make enough to even really care. The only time they do is when their super is around.

locachica73
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
or when they are on a power trip and think they are actual cops instead of just security. I ran into that chick sunday afternoon.

sfx monger
04-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I've noticed that security is more tight on checking things when there are actual cops watching the security people checking you

s0nn3
04-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I went through the normal entrance in '06 and took a backpack in that had a towel, couple of water bottles and sandals in it only. The guy had me open the backpack and he glanced in it, stated that he was looking for some "chronic", asked me if I had any, I replied with a simple "sorry buddy" He ushered me through. No pat down, no rifling through my backpack. No nothin'.

In '07 at the On-Site camping entrance, I got frisked and all I had was my cell phone, wallet and an unopened package of Claritin-D. They made me toss the Claritin. I responded with, "great, now I get to suffer all day" a supervisor informed me that I could buy some allergy meds inside. I popped 2 of them, DRY, and tossed the rest. I mean really, Claritin? In a sealed foil wrapper with the name and contents and expiration date printed/pressed into it? Christ, get a life.

Sleepingrock
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I went through the normal entrance in '06 and took a backpack in that had a towel, couple of water bottles and sandals in it only. The guy had me open the backpack and he glanced in it, stated that he was looking for some "chronic", asked me if I had any, I replied with a simple "sorry buddy" He ushered me through. No pat down, no rifling through my backpack. No nothin'.

In '07 at the On-Site camping entrance, I got frisked and all I had was my cell phone, wallet and an unopened package of Claritin-D. They made me toss the Claritin. I responded with, "great, now I get to suffer all day" a supervisor informed me that I could buy some allergy meds inside. I popped 2 of them, DRY, and tossed the rest. I mean really, Claritin? In a sealed foil wrapper with the name and contents and expiration date printed/pressed into it? Christ, get a life.

Hooray for the honour system.... its one thing that never fails

JiveTurkey
04-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Judging by all this, I'm guessing I should just leave all my drugs in my car, since I have no idea how I'm going to go about sneaking a water bottle full of san pedro cactus juice through security.

VVV1988
04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I`ve never been checked thoroughly at the entrance. One year they even let me friend bring in 3 Frozen bottles full of water. We also sneaked in a smal pipe and some weed without a prob.

anonimouse
04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
i posted about this in another thread last year. first two days last year no big deal, normal thorough search, i had nothing to hide so yea. they're doing their job

sunday however, i had a large african american man searching me. empty all contents of every pocket, search EVERYTHING in my backpack, checked both packs of cigs i was carrying, searched my fucking wallet. the whole time he was acting like a complete asshole and i did NOTHING to provoke him. after he begrudgingly let me through and while he was searching my friend he said to another guard something to the effect that he "fucking KNEW that guy had something, i wanted to bust his ass"

im thinking his life kinda sucks so whatever. i had a great day :)

fatbastard
04-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Well, did you have anything on you? I'm also suspicious of you for some reason.

dantoro
04-08-2009, 12:14 PM
im lonely and return through security multiple times for frisking , i like to sing a "you'll never find it" tune.

Xenocide
04-09-2009, 12:42 AM
any comments on the diff between security at the main fest entrance & the camping entrance?

sinaurora
04-09-2009, 02:21 PM
im lonely and return through security multiple times for frisking , i like to sing a "you'll never find it" tune.

LoL

Adelita
04-10-2009, 03:01 AM

agreed and supported

Theijuiel
04-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Anyone have any luck with the cigarette pack... joint thing? cutting off the filters.. etc?

Cardboard from old ciggie boxes rolled and fitted in, after removing the filter of course. I recommend a tobacco buffer as a indicator to prevent hitting the cardboard.

But they check the ciggie packs to see if they are unopened, at least they did with mine.

HGcoachella
04-13-2009, 04:01 PM
well i'm a girl.. idk if that matters.
they opened my backpack didnt move a single thing
around and said have a great time :)

idk maybe i got a nice security person all three days

phantom
04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
ive got a question..this thread seems relevant enough to post in..
i see people sitting on blankets all over coachella, but it says no blankets on the faq..
do they just not care? or have people had them taken?

bobert
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Just a heads up: the female security gaurds will not touch your penis no matter how nice you are to them.

Vic Viper
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Just a heads up: the female security gaurds will not touch your penis no matter how nice you are to them.
This is true, even after I sort of casually pushed my hips out as she was stooping down to check my legs. She wasn't even that hot, I'm just damaged inside.

Oh and frisking/security checks depend ENTIRELY on the person you get and then partially on who's playing that day. For instance last year I got in each day with frozen water bottles and some other supposedly banned stuff but on Sunday everybody was being super thorough (I guess for Waters?).

sinaurora
04-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Im definitely using my bags of fun... :)

yugen101
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
This is true, even after I sort of casually pushed my hips out as she was stooping down to check my legs. She wasn't even that hot, I'm just damaged inside..

Thank both of you! That is the funniest thing I've read for a few days, at least. I really did LOL. ( i hate "LOL" when it's used disingenuously)

Adelita
04-14-2009, 07:12 AM
all depends on what you look like (sadly) and who you get for a guard.

righteousdnk
04-14-2009, 11:31 AM
My dreadlocks and beard probably aren't going to help me any.

Jaguaresgirl
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
mmmmm dreadlocks!

Goodtoknow
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I just keep my joints in my dreadlocks.

fatbastard
04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
(Post photo of shirtless white guy who always walks around Coachella with treadlocks down to his butt)

FrannyB
04-14-2009, 02:17 PM
They were ANAL last year. I had a medium sized purse and they looked through ALL my makeup and opened it to make sure there wasn't "anything else" in there.

And they let my boyfriend go through no problem!!

At least they don't feel between your boobs like at the Hollywood Palladium....

PrettyRagdoll
04-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Do they tend to profile?

In 2007, the girl camping across from me got her Saturday ticket torn because she acid in her wallet

whynotsmile99
04-14-2009, 07:12 PM
In 2007, the girl camping across from me got her Saturday ticket torn because she acid in her wallet

how the hell could they tell? unless she she was bringing in an entire sheet of scooby doo blotter paper you would think that would be the easiest to get in

caught with acid at coachella = fail

nbvwes
04-14-2009, 08:07 PM
ive got a question..this thread seems relevant enough to post in..
i see people sitting on blankets all over coachella, but it says no blankets on the faq..
do they just not care? or have people had them taken?

from Rules:

OK Small Beach Towel

NO Blankets

PrettyRagdoll
04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
how the hell could they tell? unless she she was bringing in an entire sheet of scooby doo blotter paper you would think that would be the easiest to get in

caught with acid at coachella = fail

It was a really small piece, I was there when she bought it [anyone remember the Pirate tent?]. But the security guard was an asshole

Creeper
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Yea I had to only empty my pockets but my goods were im my shoe.
My friend walked in with a backpack on and they did not even bother him....lucky!