PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY TICKETS... cheaper on the spot?

gilley
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I went to last year's Sunday show at the last minute to check out Tenaglia and ModeSelektor and I was able to get tickets on the parking lot for $60. Does anyone know if this is something that usually happens or was it just pure luck. We have our Saturday tickets but the only acts that interest me on Sunday this year are Supermayer, MANDY and Glass Candy... That is why paying $100 seems like too much. I would just rather go and try my luck again.

Any Coachella veterans out there who can provide me with an answer?

Thank you!

paulct
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I went to last year's Sunday show at the last minute to check out Tenaglia and ModeSelektor and I was able to get tickets on the parking lot for $60. Does anyone know if this is something that usually happens or was it just pure luck. We have our Saturday tickets but the only acts that interest me on Sunday this year are Supermayer, MANDY and Glass Candy... That is why paying $100 seems like too much. I would just rather go and try my luck again.

Any Coachella veterans out there who can provide me with an answer?

Thank you!

its like that every day every year. just make sure its a hard real ticket

gilley
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's almost not worth it paying that much for a show that is not sold out.
Thanks for the response

belleetoile
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I noticed that paulct from VT posted 60 dollars too much for a single day pass.
Go ahead and buy them in the parking lot for $60 at Coachella and see what you end up with.

If you buy them from Ticketmaster they are $99 for the day plus ticketmaster charges and priority mail for hard copies brings you to somewhere around $127...These are the legitimate ones..

Real tix won't cost $60....get real.

belleetoile
04-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Be safe and buy the real ones. I've know a few people who have purchased bogus tickets at the festival. Not worth it. Lots of ticket scams out there. (:

coachy_Jedi
04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Yup. Last year I bought a ticket for Sat. from some dude in the parking lot and when they scanned it was declined. They said "Sorry, someone already used this ticket". I was pissed.....paid $120 for it. So, i ran back to where the dude was and luckly he was still there. I told him to give me my $$$ back and he was cool about it.......... I then went to the ticket box at the entrance and bought a real one for $100...... It was my first time there...now I know better. Just buy them at the ENTRANCE.

----word!

belleetoile
04-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the word...We want all Coachella goers to have a wonderful time...hassle-free....and with a legit ticket. Nothing worse than to see someone getting ripped off on what should have been a terrific experience.
Glad to see it worked out for you last year...(:

paulct
04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I noticed that paulct from VT posted 60 dollars too much for a single day pass.
Go ahead and buy them in the parking lot for $60 at Coachella and see what you end up with.

If you buy them from Ticketmaster they are $99 for the day plus ticketmaster charges and priority mail for hard copies brings you to somewhere around $127...These are the legitimate ones..

Real tix won't cost $60....get real.

Every year I do this and every year it works. Just dont buy the print out tickets.

Xenocide
04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
don't believe the hype... hard copies are no more 'legit' than printed ones if they are bought from a scapler... fake hard copies are just as easy to get, trust me...

i bought an extra set of tickets for my friend last year from a scapler, figuring i'll save $40 on the set and save myself a walk... well, friday was legit, but Sat. & Sun. were voided tickets, and they were hard copies with correct GA numbers and everything...

and you probably ain't gonna find the dude the next day...

gilley
04-06-2009, 11:02 AM
When I bought mine last year, the scalper walked with us to the gate to make sure the tickets were good. I should have clarified that and I would never just buy a ticket (printed or hard) and think I'm good to go. Thanks for the info.

sunmachine
04-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Absolutely cheaper on the spot. I haven't bought advance tickets since '04. Paid $50 last year on Friday and Saturday and $40 on Sunday. Should be even cheaper this year as people are already offering tix for $50 on this message board at times and the concert is not selling as well as past years.

dangar5150
04-07-2009, 08:45 PM
lot 5 allways has tickets

gilley
04-08-2009, 08:05 AM
yeah, I figured if I go after hitting the free pool parties I'll be ok... Paying 120 on Ticketmaster is ridiculous! Why don't they get another more affordable service?

buzz_one
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I have three tickets for Sunday that I'm trying to sell. I posted the asking price for 80 bucks, but I'll go down for 60 bucks. I'll be on Saturday.

ADGZ662
04-08-2009, 08:31 AM
KIDS KIDS just know that it is a 50/50 chance...yes you can find deals on the lot but watch out, i've seen some people get in just fine with legit tickets and i've seen a few get screwed. One year I think back in 2003 my buddy bought a sunday ticket and it didnt scan at the entrance, are group was already in and just waiting for him when he saw that the ticket was no good his face turned white but he quickly snapped out of it shoved the guard and took off running into the massive crowd. I had a FIELD bracelet which allowed me to go in and out of the festival I went back out in the lot got gangsta on the fucker and got the money back and used it to get some shrooms which was another story in itself but no need to post that here.