PDA

View Full Version : Final Preeeeedictions!!!

scoop49er
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
well tomorrow we get info so for anyone who wants to predict who might headline (headliners only) put it here: just for fun lets see who gets somewhat close.

my final preeeeedictions:

The POOOOlice

David Bowie

Red hot chili Peppers

Outside Shot:

Smashing Pumpkins
REM
Rage Against The Machine

AEversW
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I could see Bowie playing...but if the Chilli Peppers play they will Headline. Rage would get the second billing. I think it will be The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Police and some band we arent even thinking about.

ttboy80
that would be awesome if it was 1997

york707
Three reunions for the three headliners? Unlikely.

KungFuJoe
Something tells me the headliner will be much bigger than the current rumors and totally unexpected. Like, Pink Floyd big.

I'm probably totally off my rocker though. We shall see. I'm excited either way.

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 12:53 PM
i would like to see david bowie. Im talking RHCP, Rage and SP. The new milllenium has not brought us new headliners

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm going to say Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins and Poooooooooolice will headline. Maybe chili peppers will get second billing.

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Pink floyd could play the polo field by themselves they dont need coachella to do it

scoop49er
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
i cant see pink floyd reuniting but who knows? maybe david gilmour or roger waters will play solo. they do pink floyd songs in their sets and do them wel from what ive heard so thats more realistic. i really think the pumpkins will wait and headline lollapalooza.

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 12:56 PM
pixies didnt get to headline. why would the police and dont say its because they are a better band - not really a coachella band

summerkid
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Police aren't the better band, but they are the bigger band and our def. a headliner.

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM
pixies didnt get to headline. why would the police and dont say its because they are a better band - not really a coachella band

Deffinitly not better, but certainly a bigger band. First Police show in ages would be a huge draw for Goldenvoice

vinylmartyr
01-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Bjork, RHCP, Rage. All you people who think the Poolice are playing are idiots.

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm glad Bjork seems to be a popular rumor. I would love it if she played. Would be amazing.

summerkid
01-21-2007, 01:04 PM
really? well I'll be happy if that's true except me being an idiot of course ) :

goatparade
01-21-2007, 01:05 PM
If the P0lice play then they would probably get a massive attack-esque spot (final day right before RATM)

york707
01-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Radiohead>Police

dorkfish
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm predicting:

Headliners: RHCP, Bjork, Rage Against the Machine
Pre-headliners/Outdoor stage headliners: The Arcade Fire, Air, Jesus and Mary Chain, The Killers, Manu Chao, De La Soul

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
If the P0lice play then they would probably get a massive attack-esque spot (final day right before RATM)

Hopefully they would play before Bjork if that was the case. I'm thinking of all of all the god damn Tool fans who annoyed the shit out of everyone listening to Massive Attack.

AEversW
01-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Hopefully they would play before Bjork if that was the case. I'm thinking of all of all the god damn Tool fans who annoyed the shit out of everyone listening to Massive Attack.

oh i know! i was ready to kill about 50 tool fans last year! i only saw part of Massive ATtacks set but the tool fans almost ruined it. Thank god there weren't any at the outdoor stage during Mogwai.

menikmati
01-21-2007, 01:17 PM
no way are the killers playing, nice try though

ttboy80
01-21-2007, 01:17 PM
that was obnoxious! Tool fans Almost ruined massive attack for us. plus, thats a lot of reuniting bands- police, rage, sm? That would be silly to have all of them. I root for Bjork, Radiohead and Bowie headlining. Arcade fire, police, air 2 headliners. Air was a great sunset set in 04

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 01:19 PM
oh i know! i was ready to kill about 50 tool fans last year! i only saw part of Massive ATtacks set but the tool fans almost ruined it. Thank god there weren't any at the outdoor stage during Mogwai.

Massive Attack was probably the band I was most excited to see last year (aside from Daft PUnk) so I got there a bit early and had a pretty nice view, sorta in the middle of the the pit. Then the tool fans started pushing everyone to get down to the front. Guys were shouting shit during the silence of quiet moments of MA's set and quite a few were booing. 6 girls standing right next to me decided it was a good idea to sit down and have a conversation about their boyfriends. I think i stepped on two of them as I left. Bitches

NoGwenPlease
01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
The Who, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

With 2nd tier being Arcade Fire, Bjork, Sigur Ros and Dj Shadow

summerkid
01-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I know the thing about RATM headlining ( if they do) you have to have a certain kind of band play before them or else have a Massive Attack like incident last year.

menikmati
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
bjork, 2nd tier? I don't think so

microcuts
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah bjorks headlined before, why would she come back just to not headline lol

NoGwenPlease
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah bjorks headlined before, why would she come back just to not headline lol
because she has no buzz and would probably be on the outdoor stage last anyways.

and the pixies didn't headline so gfy

scoop49er
01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
i think The pooolice makes perfect sense because of this theory:

this is their 30th anniversary of their first single. why not do it here before any other major festivals so they can feel out the response, if it shuge, they can do thier own tour and build steam.

rage is a outside shot and realistically wont happen

the pumpkins are gonna play lollapalooza cuz they are from chicago so it makes perfect sense to them.

bowie would be great and the peppers could finish their world tour with a coachella performance.

also. Lets face it, Goldenvoice is trying to make this a huge event and become the premier festival. they want to compete with lollapaloozas and the european festivals for criticall and commercial acclaim and right now the awards and acclaim goes to lollapalooza and others (download, reading, glastonbury, etc) you dont add a day and a whole other festival unless you want to bring it and challenge other festivals. business is business. getting the Pooolice is not a so cal thing, its a worldwide thing. we shal see.

whynotsmile99
01-21-2007, 01:34 PM
i think The pooolice makes perfect sense because of this theory:

this is their 30th anniversary of their first single. why not do it here before any other major festivals so they can feel out the response, if it shuge, they can do thier own tour and build steam.

rage is a outside shot and realistically wont happen

the pumpkins are gonna play lollapalooza cuz they are from chicago so it makes perfect sense to them.

bowie would be great and the peppers could finish their world tour with a coachella performance.

also. Lets face it, Goldenvoice is trying to make this a huge event and become the premier festival. they want to compete with lollapaloozas and the european festivals for criticall and commercial acclaim and right now the awards and acclaim goes to lollapalooza and others (download, reading, glastonbury, etc) you dont add a day and a whole other festival unless you want to bring it and challenge other festivals. business is business. getting the Pooolice is not a so cal thing, its a worldwide thing. we shal see.

i still say Dr Dre and Snoop should be there.

vinylmartyr
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
THE POLICE ARE NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!! I think Brad is pretty much dead on.

microcuts
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
because she has no buzz and would probably be on the outdoor stage last anyways.

and the pixies didn't headline so gfy

Bjork never has any buzz though. And the Pixies didn't headline because they're not nearly as big as everyone seems to think they were.

garrett222
04-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Mew and Tenancious D to be added shortly.

I wish.

JustSteve
04-08-2008, 11:15 PM
to the 2007 lineup? epic!

boarderwoozel3
04-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Bjork, RHCP, Rage. All you people who think the Poolice are playing are idiots.

good call

Cdubby
04-08-2008, 11:44 PM
well tomorrow we get info so for anyone who wants to predict who might headline (headliners only) put it here: just for fun lets see who gets somewhat close.

my final preeeeedictions:

The POOOOlice

David Bowie

Red hot chili Peppers

Outside Shot:

Smashing Pumpkins
REM
Rage Against The Machine

im thinking the exact same thing!!!! bowie omg!!! so excited i cant wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

cooperb1
04-08-2008, 11:46 PM
david bowie, pink floid, bad religon,rem,Pink Floyd

Kurosawa
04-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Doesn't anybody ever look at when a thread was posted before plunking their reply in?

My final preeeeediction for 2007 headliners is RHCP, Bjork and oh I dunno... how about something crazy like a RATM reunion

Cdubby
04-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Doesn't anybody ever look at when a thread was posted before plunking their reply in?

My final preeeeediction for 2007 headliners is RHCP, Bjork and oh I dunno... how about something crazy like a RATM reunion

hahaha you tool, ratm reunion is not gonna happen, maybe for the 10 year in '09

fasttrack
04-09-2008, 12:43 AM

yeah, and it'll be the only show RATM plays ever again.

paulb
04-09-2008, 01:11 AM
RATM? you're crazy... they will never reunite! Not even for a million bucks.

whynotsmile99
04-09-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm going to say Rage Against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins and Poooooooooolice will headline. Maybe chili peppers will get second billing.

damn, how dumb was I?

KingDoom
04-09-2008, 01:30 AM
My prediction is most likely correct, I stated it in a different thread which was deleted shortly after.

Coincidence?!

9-11

nbvwes
04-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I predicted Jack Johnson, Portishead, & The Verve to headline two weeks before the announcement and everyone flamed me... and i got 20-30 'FAIL's... lol

[EDIT: this year, obviously (had to put that in there cause Kurosawa's a total douche)]

you guys are all tools... and bros...

Kurosawa
04-09-2008, 05:12 AM
I predicted Jack Johnson, Portishead, & The Verve to headline two weeks before the announcement and everyone flamed me... and i got 20-30 'FAIL's... lol

you guys are all tools... and bros...

Joke's on you, none of those artists played Coachella 2007!

nbvwes
04-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Joke's on you, none of those artists played Coachella 2007!

what, do you have fuckin down syndrome or something???

when the fuck did i say anything about 2007? just because the start of the thread is a year and a half old, the last 15 posts sure aren't...