Sunday - Coldplay

Coachella:
Friday - Paul McCartney
Saturday - The Killers
Sunday - The Cure

Which "Top 3" do you like better?

Grant
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Coachella, 'cause I read somewhere that some festival in Canada has the Beasties and Coldplay as headliners, also.

moomoo
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
The Orb, Etienne, Throbbing Gristle, Beirut, Chem Bros, Superchunk, Friendly Fires, The Presets-- just a few names off the top of my head that make Coachella way more favorable for me..

esy191
04-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Coachella has never really been a "headliner" festival in the way that Lollapalooza and many of the european fests are. As we all know the strength of Coachella is always in the lower tier acts. So it's pretty pointless for us to try to compare APW's strengths with Coachella's weaknesses. Why not post the entire lineups of each festival and then we can have a real discussion.

paulct
04-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Coachella, 'cause I read somewhere that some festival in Canada has the Beasties and Coldplay as headliners, also.

osheaga - awesome I cant wait

Leeartlee
04-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Because....

PanasonicYouth
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
APW isn't that bad, it's just really small compared to coachella, band wise. And this year the undercard seems to be a coachella rehash. Although there are some bands I really wish were playing Coachella instead like Mogwai and Shearwater.

paganman7
04-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I was under the impression that more than 3 bands were playing.

Winterwooskiee
04-01-2009, 11:40 AM
the only thing i like better about APW is echo and the bunnymen, other than that, coach is waaaaaay better. end of discussion.

PierogiHead
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm just curious if they could secure the Beastie Boys, Tool and Coldplay for APW why couldn't they have topped the Killers for Saturday.

They could've but then they figured board members like you would have no purpose in life until the actual festival happened without something to constantly bitch about day in and day out. IT'S TWO and 1/2 WEEKS AWAY, GIVE IT UP ALREADY!

Anyway, APW is basically Coachella's child if Coachella was to have an abortion.

danteb
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Obviously if you compare everything below the top line to both festivals Coachella wins out hands down. I'm just curious if they could secure the Beastie Boys, Tool and Coldplay for APW why couldn't they have topped the Killers for Saturday.

because paul t loves the fact that the killers started as a small tent band early in the day in 04 and can now headline. and while i dont really care for the killers music i think it is pretty cool that this has happened for the first time.

PierogiHead
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Is this an American thing? It's a proven fact that when you hate your own life you try degrade and insult others.

Is this a mentally retarded person thing? It's a proven fact that when you are mentally retarded, you try to say intelligible things that end up sounding really unintelligible to others.

PierogiHead
04-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Interesting. You are really adding to the intelligence around here.

April Fool's!

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:wAiDUZOcQjmT_M:http://flyboyz.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/chris-burke03a.jpg

jonprc
04-01-2009, 12:35 PM
when you compare the two like that i think i would just skip both.

deeznutz
04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
APW is weak imo. Wouldn't even bother going if I lived out east.

LooseAtTheZoo
04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Coachella has a much better all around lineup

Jon Blazed
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Coachella has never really been a "headliner" festival in the way that Lollapalooza and many of the european fests are. As we all know the strength of Coachella is always in the lower tier acts. So it's pretty pointless for us to try to compare APW's strengths with Coachella's weaknesses. Why not post the entire lineups of each festival and then we can have a real discussion.

The Cure, Paul McCartney, Prince, Roger Waters, Tool, Bjork, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Radiohead, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, Coldplay, Depeche Mode...

Trick Loves The Kids
04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
COLLEGEHUMOR LIVE?

esy191
04-01-2009, 03:45 PM
The Cure, Paul McCartney, Prince, Roger Waters, Tool, Bjork, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Radiohead, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, Coldplay, Depeche Mode...

I'm not saying that Coachella hasn't had great headliners. I'm just saying that it's true strength has never been the headliners but rather in the the undercard acts.

I don't think I've ever come out of a day of Coachella thinking that the headliner was the best thing I saw that day.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel that the headliners are the make-or-break factors of the festival.

normalone75
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Coachella by far, please! Cept, I would like Tool. Shrug, oh well.

SidVicuous
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
You can't beat the original. Coachella has a much better vibe than all the lame festivals poppin up everywhere. Even the artist say so.
I know gv pushed up apw but pahleeese...

Bonaroo is pretty good too though

GeezrRckr
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Coachella, duh....cuz there ain't nothing like the Sahara tent anywhere (at least of all the fests I've been to). But, APW is pretty cool too....small (only 35k tix sold last year), the ferry ride is spectacular and at the end of each day, it was really fun to hang out in NYC and party (more). And, for me, Coachella is gonna be conflict hell (esp on Sunday), so APW will give me a shot to catch a bunch of bands I'll miss....in TWO FUCKING WEEKS!

APW certainly had its warts last year (beer gardens, not enough ferries, lineup was meh), but it appears they listened to our gripes and I'm psyched to go back. So much so, that I'm likely bailing ACL for it.

And TOOL!

paulb
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
apw headliners wise

seandlr
04-01-2009, 08:25 PM
i just like the fact that coachella has headliners that no other festival has

seyrnon
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
I kinda wish we had Elbow and The National and Gogol at Coachella, but that was basically last year, so I understand why we don't

anadeji
04-01-2009, 10:37 PM
The only thing that upsets me is Q-Tip & Pharcyde, and we get Clipse?

:poo

Failed State
04-01-2009, 11:55 PM
if headliners are all you care about i think APW takes it, but through the whole lineup it doesnt come close coachella owns

Failed State
04-01-2009, 11:56 PM

agree to all three

bludevil007
04-02-2009, 06:03 AM
apw headliners are better

i live in ny and i love going to coachella, but this year i really wish they had put a little more effort into the lineup. Seems like they saved some great stuff for APW - tool, arctic monkeys, beasties, q-tip, pharcyde, heartless bastards, shearwater. truth is i think if you took away the cure and killers and added tool/coldplay, you'd have one all around amazing lineup from top to bottom.

does tool have a new album coming out?

Boourns
04-02-2009, 06:36 AM
As far as headliners go, it's tricky. If it weren't for the extra points given to McCartney balancing the awfulness of the Killers, I'd say APW, but I have to go with Coachella.

Coachella:
McCartney - absolutely must see at all costs
Killers - absolutely must avoid at all costs
The Cure - sure, I'll check them out again, but not terribly excited about them

APW:
Beastie Boys - bleh, but if nobody else is playing at the time, I'll check them out
Tool - really want to see again; festival setting is ideal
Coldplay - sure, I'll check them out again, but not terribly excited about them

stephen22
04-02-2009, 09:05 AM
i just like the fact that coachella has headliners that no other festival has

see that's what I USED to think.

seandlr
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
see that's what I USED to think.

"used to" ?

OutOfmYminD
04-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Paul McCartney had better not disappoint because I'm dedicating pretty much all of Friday to being close to the stage for his set. Anyone else planning on rail camping main stage??

normalone75
04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
How about Bumbershoot Vs. Coachella???

normalone75
04-02-2009, 05:32 PM

I absolutely second this emotion.

hendrixfan143
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
the only thing apw has above coachella is Echo and the Bunnymen. ohter than that coachella by a landslide

DeanCorso
04-03-2009, 04:29 PM
i have to agree that the only thing that APW has over Coachella is Echo & The Bunnymen, maybe The National, definitely Q-Tip...but here's to hoping that someday soon we will que the ATCQ reunion, hopefully for next year but that is another different thread...and besides just the feeling that you get when walking into the polo field is unbeatable...

F00FIGHTER20
04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
You have to remember that All Points West is not a camping festival.... that does it for me.... plus driving thre last year was a nightmare.

stephen22
04-03-2009, 05:05 PM
"used to" ?

other than Macca and Prince, Coachella hasn't had anything exclusive at the top of the poster since 2006.

Alchemy
04-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I wish we had Echo & The Bunnymen and Elbow, but other than that, Coachella takes the cake.