PDA

View Full Version : Depeche Mode

PersonalJesus28
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
If Depeche was added it would be an 80's utopia... .
Look Prince was added late and he headlined... .
Sorry but the killers last album blowed... .
and Depeche has a new album to promote... .
Possibility??? ? Please!!! !
and please i dont need some miserable cunt and or dick replying saying
"Its not gonna happen"
Even with the economy in the shit hole its in Depeche would really draw a crowd.
Morrissey Depeche Cure... . goth lovers wet dream... .

suprefan
03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
NOT HAPPENING

SEEDYMIG420
03-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I like your 'Moxy", and am not saying it wouldn't be cool, but I don't see it happening. Personaly, I would just go see Depeche Mode when their in your area of the world.

captncrzy
03-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Die. You really don't think we've discussed this at length already? Really?

slapuinpublic
03-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Depressed Mode = Lame for Coachella.....Your 80's fix should be satisfied with The Cure. Leave some fun for the rest of us.

What I wanna know is; with the diversity of music, why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, etc.? I understand the woodstock-type atmosphere they are going for and it's not to say that a metal band wouldn't be a little mayhem, but the genre shouldn't be excluded....I have a friend that drums for a band called Death By Stereo, they are amazing, their lyrics are super insightful/political, etc. Why not some godamn shredders of ear pussies? what gives? (by the way, check out DBS, they rock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsXJUAAxCkQ

even if you don't like the style of music, you have to appreciate the lyrics (look them up)

firesuite
03-27-2009, 01:31 AM
why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts

Yeah, cause Mastodon & Genghis Tron are elevator music.

Much as I don't care about him, stroll by Steve Aoki's set around start time, you might hear "New Noise" (Refused) blaring out of the tent. That's about as good as it gets.

iloveorangejuice
03-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Funny how all the hatred towards the Killers came after the release of Human. Didn't hear any hate towards them before that.

slapuinpublic
03-27-2009, 02:12 AM

Much as I don't care about him, stroll by Steve Aoki's set around start time, you might hear "New Noise" (Refused) blaring out of the tent. That's about as good as it gets.

Yeah not a fan of these guys....well Mastadon, kinda sorta....but I will for sure be at Aoki's set and yes I have heard the Refused song at the beginning of his cd, it's awesome

CellarOwl
03-27-2009, 04:25 AM

goth lovers wet dream also translates roughly to "Coachella shits forth the 80s, 20 years after relevancy." I love these bands, but it'd just be too much.

From Beyond
03-27-2009, 05:43 AM
Depressed Mode = Lame for Coachella.....Your 80's fix should be satisfied with The Cure. Leave some fun for the rest of us.

What I wanna know is; with the diversity of music, why they don't ever bring in any (good) Metal acts like Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, etc.? I understand the woodstock-type atmosphere they are going for and it's not to say that a metal band wouldn't be a little mayhem, but the genre shouldn't be excluded....I have a friend that drums for a band called Death By Stereo, they are amazing, their lyrics are super insightful/political, etc. Why not some godamn shredders of ear pussies? what gives? (by the way, check out DBS, they rock)

even if you don't like the style of music, you have to appreciate the lyrics (look them up)

two words - TURBONEGRO!

far gone and out
03-27-2009, 07:18 AM

those three are 80's mall goth lovers wet dream.

C DUB YA
03-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Funny how all the hatred towards the Killers came after the release of Human. Didn't hear any hate towards them before that.

That's because you weren't talking to me.

The first time I heard Sam's Town, I kicked a child.

betao
03-27-2009, 07:30 AM
If Depeche was added it would be an 80's utopia... .
Look Prince was added late and he headlined... .
Sorry but the killers last album blowed... .
and Depeche has a new album to promote... .
Possibility??? ? Please!!! !
"Its not gonna happen"
Even with the economy in the shit hole its in Depeche would really draw a crowd.

Oh man. Your Depeche Mode thread just got metal'd. You gonna stand for that?

malcolmjamalawesome
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
"Its not gonna happen"

NOT GONNA FUCKING HAPPEN

KungFuJay
03-27-2009, 07:42 AM
he said "blowed"

lurker_with_a_bush
03-27-2009, 07:57 AM

this comment is gross.

lurker_with_a_bush
03-27-2009, 07:58 AM
NOT GONNA FUCKING HAPPEN

I am willing to bet you got your ass smeared by people in highschool. Or other shit was smeared on it.. get where I am going with this, Malcom?

malcolmjamalawesome
03-27-2009, 08:03 AM
I am willing to bet you got your ass smeared by people in highschool. Or other shit was smeared on it.. get where I am going with this, Malcom?

Well, actually, I don't. You lose me at the suggestion that other shit would be smeared on my ass. Can you explain to me how that would take place?

Alchemy
03-27-2009, 08:10 AM

You think Depeche Mode would be lame for Coachella, yet you're advocating for As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God? Go back to Coachella 101, immediately.

AlecEiffel
03-27-2009, 09:04 AM
he said "blowed"

Funny, that part really stood out to me and I was going to say something about it, too.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
The Killers will be awesome.

slapuinpublic
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
You think Depeche Mode would be lame for Coachella, yet you're advocating for As I Lay Dying and Lamb of God? Go back to Coachella 101, immediately.

Maybe I think Coachella 101 could use some adjustments...I'm not sorry that I love Metal

TROOP! Agent Kevin
03-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I've already seen Depeche Mode at Coachella.
Adding them would make me happy for you...but I'd probably sigh.
I don't hate sighing though.
I just prefer Mr. Bungle.

lurker_with_a_bush
03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, actually, I don't. You lose me at the suggestion that other shit would be smeared on my ass. Can you explain to me how that would take place?

butt sex. get it now?

lurker_with_a_bush
03-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe I think Coachella 101 could use some adjustments...I'm not sorry that I love Metal

Metal is great, but not at Coachella.

Marvinsky
03-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Much as I don't care about him, stroll by Steve Aoki's set around start time, you might hear "New Noise" (Refused) blaring out of the tent. That's about as good as it gets.what does aoki (the worst dj in the line up) have to do with metal? all ur gonna hear from him are the usual 5 or 7 daft punk tracks plus 5 more from justice and the rest will be junk from the ed banger crew, junk that will be repeated by almost every electro dj.............

PierogiHead
03-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Look Prince was added late and he headlined...

Prince was not a "late add" -- He was already signed on from the very start, but due to his hip surgery, Goldenvoice didn't want to chance announcing him and then have him drop out if he didn't fully recover from surgery on time. Had he never had to go through surgery, his name would have been on the poster from January on, and not just a month prior to last year's festival.

This is a fact, so just try not to get your hopes up that a past addition that was never an addition at all means all other years have that same exact possibility.

WhyTheLongFace
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Why does everyone who hate the Killers mention the Prince add? When Prince was added to a great day not the day of Jack Johnson. Hussssh!

zeg0ggles
03-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Metal would be great at Coachella. However, As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage is NOT the right metal. I'm down with the direction of Mastodon as opposed to that super screamy emo type hardcore crap. They should get more psychadelic metal acts to incorporate like Kylesa, or Baroness, someone that would actually work thematically with the rest of the acts there instead of just bringing in a bunch of fourteen year olds with bangs in their eyes and birds nests on the back of their heads.

goodgrl
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM
DM will be at lolla.

PotVsKtl
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Fucking abyssmal.

PersonalJesus28
03-29-2009, 05:13 PM
depeche mode at Coachella 09... .

Man_Of_The_Future
03-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Going to see them in Salt Lake and Santa Barbara. Yet I would have no problem seeing them in Palm Springs too.

PersonalJesus28
03-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Depeche for coachella 09... .

KungFuJay
03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
novel concept

weeklymix
03-31-2009, 03:30 PM
^ haven't seen you around lately? or i was just not looking hard enough.

Bendulum
03-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Metal would be great at Coachella. However, As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage is NOT the right metal. I'm down with the direction of Mastodon as opposed to that super screamy emo type hardcore crap. They should get more psychadelic metal acts to incorporate like Kylesa, or Baroness, someone that would actually work thematically with the rest of the acts there instead of just bringing in a bunch of fourteen year olds with bangs in their eyes and birds nests on the back of their heads.

MESHUGGAH

... or Ephel Duath

redthreat
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
DM will be at lolla.

exactly. kill this threat plz.