PDA

View Full Version : Manic Street Preachers...

Hempey
03-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Tickets go on sale for their May/June UK Tour tomorrow. New material on the way.

I highly doubt it, especially at this stage. I'd be down though.

stewboss
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Unlikely indeed, but I'd definitely be into it ... they are a great live band.

Their last record left something to be desired, hopefully the new material will be stronger.

nbvwes
03-26-2009, 07:17 PM
i thought that dude died or something...

stewboss
03-26-2009, 07:24 PM

Richey Edwards, original member of the band, was declared 'presumed dead' in November 2008 after disappearing mysteriously in 1995.

shakermaker113
03-26-2009, 07:28 PM

yes. then the band got successful.

Dede' Arneaux
03-29-2009, 02:59 AM
yes. then the band got successful.

successful but a bit less exciting

The first album without Richey was 'right time - right place' as The Manics (and The Verve) stepped into Oasis shoes with big tunes after they released the relatively unsuccessful 'Be Here Now'. A great album with shite production - Noel reckons you can here the cocaine.

Since then though The Manics have become bloated. Nothing like the cutting edge of Generation Terrorists.

L7slap
03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
great live band, one of the best concert I ever saw was manics at reading festival 97... I think they never played at coachella because maybe Paul T. has never seen the manics live... well, I think they will be in new york mixing the new album during coachella weekend...

Hempey
03-29-2009, 08:23 AM
I agree, I saw them at a small venue in Belfast in the mid '90s sometime and it was great. I'd love to see them in the desert.

davidbarr
03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh how I wish this would happen. Nothing like a good 'ol sing along to an acoustic version of 'Yes' at a Manics gig...

tigermilkboy
03-29-2009, 09:13 PM
The Manics have never gone down very well in the US and given they have no desire to tour the US....I would rate it has a no chance!

davidbarr
03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
unfortunately, that is, a very good point.

tigermilkboy
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
and I could only sanction this if they performed
'Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldf allapart'

davidbarr
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Fair enough...... I was dissapointed with their current UK your, nowhere near moi at all. Luckily they're on at T in the Park and it's seems likely they'll conflict with The Killers! (oh, and NIN).... Fuck the Brady Bill.

tigermilkboy
03-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Fair enough...... I was dissapointed with their current UK your, nowhere near moi at all. Luckily they're on at T in the Park and it's seems likely they'll conflict with The Killers! (oh, and NIN).... Fuck the Brady Bill.

The Manics have always been spotty at best live. Richie couldn't really play the guitar and Nicky Wire is awful by his own admission. They rely on the theaterical and the passion more than the musicality. I have been to some crap Manics gigs to some awesome ones.

T in the Park is a blast any year. Strong line-up this year but I will have to settle for Glastonbury and Leeds/Reading.