PDA

View Full Version : We Want the FUNK!

kindablue
03-22-2009, 04:09 PM
My wish is that there were more groups in the future with a funk sound in the vien of Greyboy Allstars, Karl Denson, Galactic, etc. I wanna hear booty shakin' music and, well, see booty shakin'.

I love rock, but I also love tight bands with horn sections. Last year, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings were my new favorite band I'd never heard of. I know we'll never see the likes of Tower of Power, but something like that, with the energy and electricity of a large group of top notch musicians would be my all time dream.

Who's with me? We Want the FUNK!

whynotsmile99
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
My wish is that there were more groups in the future with a funk sound in the vien of Greyboy Allstars, Karl Denson, Galactic, etc. I wanna hear booty shakin' music and, well, see booty shakin'.

I love rock, but I also love tight bands with horn sections. Last year, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings were my new favorite band I'd never heard of. I know we'll never see the likes of Tower of Power, but something like that, with the energy and electricity of a large group of top notch musicians would be my all time dream.

Who's with me? We Want the FUNK!

totally agree 100% Greyboy allstars are awesome

One addition can save us all

Saturday night: do it Goldenvoice

http://www.electrovoice.com/images/pr_images/lrg/George_Clinton_550.jpg

JewFace
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Could be fun, but does anyone make good funk music these days? I'd like to see Nikka Costa return, but she doesn't have much of the 'buzz' that seems to be required.

ZEvBvV8u460

kindablue
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Could be fun, but does anyone make good funk music these days? I'd like to see Nikka Costa return, but she doesn't have much of the 'buzz' that seems to be required.

ZEvBvV8u460

DUDE! that's my brother Jacob on the organ in the fedora and red jacket! He's been in that band for a few several months now. I totally forgot about that Conan O'Brian apperance.

Also, there are several good funk bands out there. You just have to dig deep.

kindablue
03-22-2009, 06:39 PM
totally agree 100% Greyboy allstars are awesome

One addition can save us all

Saturday night: do it Goldenvoice

http://www.electrovoice.com/images/pr_images/lrg/George_Clinton_550.jpg

I would love to see some P-Funk! Too bad George is just a crackhead, now...

vinylmartyr
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I been calling for a JB's reunion for years now.

kindablue
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
The JB's and/or Maceo Parker would make me happy, too.

NightGoat
03-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I would love to see some P-Funk! Too bad George is just a crackhead, now...

I took an audio engineering course a while back and one of my teachers was an engineer who had worked with George Clinton on various projects. He said that in all the years he worked with George he had never seen him without a crack pipe in his hands. He also told us that George Clinton could do things while high off his ass that most people couldn't even imagine doing sober, such as do vocal comps in his mind.

kindablue
03-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I took an audio engineering course a while back and one of my teachers was an engineer who had worked with George Clinton on various projects. He said that in all the years he worked with George he had never seen him without a crack pipe in his hands. He also told us that George Clinton could do things while high off his ass that most people couldn't even imagine doing sober, such as do vocal comps in his mind.

I just think it's a shame, is all. The only way to be creative is thru a devastating drug. But that's his choice for him. not mine.

Devin the Dude
03-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Parliament Funkadelic w/ U.F.O. Lazer Light Show = SLAUGHTER

make it happen, paul. pay him in crack if you have to.

reverendalexg
03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
FISHBONE!

Devin the Dude
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
or that, FUCK YES TO FISHBONE '09

danteb
03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
the mothership connection would be off the fucking hook

woogie846
03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm still kicking myself for missing George Clinton at Club Nokia.

JewFace
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Your cousin's pretty talented; her band is tight.

DUDE! that's my brother Jacob on the organ in the fedora and red jacket! He's been in that band for a few several months now. I totally forgot about that Conan O'Brian apperance.

cooperb1
03-27-2009, 04:00 PM
gota have that funk!

reverendalexg
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Here's hoping for some funk this year...

fatbastard
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
The whole funk and nothng but the funk.

schavira
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm surprised Clinton hasn't played Coachella yet

vinylmartyr
01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
IT'S COMING!!!

FoxeyLady
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
George Clinton could totally be there, schedule's open at least.

http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/concerts/georgeclintonandparliamentfunkadelic_tickets.shtml

whynotsmile99
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
George Clinton could totally be there, schedule's open at least.

http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/concerts/georgeclintonandparliamentfunkadelic_tickets.shtml

goodness fuck, make this happen Goldenvoice.

reverendalexg
01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Funk Gods have heard our prayers! SLY & THE FAMILY STONE on SUNDAY!!

SnowShoe
01-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm surprised Clinton hasn't played Coachella yet

He usually wants a 3 hour set, and is often late.
Probably not worth the headache for Goldenvoice.

FoxeyLady
01-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Man I hope Sly and the Family Stone actually happens....epic lineup.