PDA

View Full Version : True or False?

influence
03-22-2009, 12:16 AM
You can get tickets extremely cheap a couple days before the event on craigslist and ebay?

mattpach
03-22-2009, 12:19 AM
possible.

zajaa
03-22-2009, 02:08 AM
http://www.rayyoungchu.com/images/print_it.depends.yellow_24x36.jpg

sammythebull
03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
DEFINITELY TRUE. BUT BEWARE OF THE SCAM ARTIST. NEVER SEND MONEY, ONLY BUY TICKETS FROM PEOPLE IN PERSON. THIS YEAR THERE SHOULD BE A LOT OF CHEAP TIXS AROUND. EVEN AT THE VENUE OUTSIDE.

Shredder
03-22-2009, 05:43 PM
DEFINITELY TRUE. BUT BEWARE OF THE SCAM ARTIST. NEVER SEND MONEY, ONLY BUY TICKETS FROM PEOPLE IN PERSON. THIS YEAR THERE SHOULD BE A LOT OF CHEAP TIXS AROUND. EVEN AT THE VENUE OUTSIDE.

turn down your microphone

sammythebull
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
turn down your microphone

Making it big for emphasis. Too many people getting scammed out there. Just trying to help a brother out. You have way too much time on your hands.

influence
03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll hold out til the last week to look for tickets.

flowbee
03-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Good luck with that, may you get cheap tickets that actually get accepted at the gate.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Making it big for emphasis. Too many people getting scammed out there. Just trying to help a brother out. You have way too much time on your hands.

how much time do you think it took him to type 4 words?

heyeric
03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
True, but...buyer beware! hah

Xenocide
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
You can get tickets extremely cheap a couple days before the event on craigslist and ebay?

can you get tickets? True.

are the tickets real? False.

lurker_with_a_bush
03-23-2009, 08:28 PM
can you get tickets? True.

are the tickets real? False.

I watched multiple crews get raped last year on fake tickets.
Make sure they are hard if at the gates.

Not penises, tickets.

orly719
03-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Is it a safe bet that they're real if they're hard tickets?

mad_civvies
03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I've had some luck with tickets on craigslist right before a show. Bought a Bonnaroo 07 pass for about $75 under face value and saved about $100 on 2 tix for Lolla last year. Just be smart about it. Look at the ticket before handing over cash. It is usually just someone in a jam that can no longer make it and doesn't want to get stuck with hundreds of dollars in tickets they can't use. The way I see it, we're helping each other out.

Tijuana
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM

Get out of here... you fucking rat.

tigermilkboy
03-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Is it a safe bet that they're real if they're hard tickets?

Not a safe bet...it is possible to make hard copies like the ones TM issues. It just takes more time and money. But I would feel more confident buying one of those than a Ticket-fast print at home ticket. Those are definitely a 'don't touch with a barge pole'.

Just beware like above posters say. Also beware of buying from people on these boards if their only post is selling tickets at a very low rate.
If you deal with someone in another state then beware and use paypal. It is very hard to recover money from someone who lives in another state.

oceansc420
03-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow so much stupid fucking advice in here. Advice like this is what makes it so difficult for good-intentioned people to dump their e-tickets when they can't go last second.

Bottom line, if you buy an e-ticket, make sure you use PayPal, or some sort of service where you can use your credit card. That way, if it ends up being fraud, you just call your company and have them do a fraud chargeback, no questions asked (by law, all credit card companies must comply if you believe fraud to be involved). That way, you get all your money back.

Last year I got into Coachella for 30 bucks each day, plus 50 bucks for a VIP wrist band (worth $50, but not more than that).

Hope this helps you out a little

blastyourears
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
i bought an e ticket off a bum in 2006 and it worked fine for me! hahaha

braxtron
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
You just gotta be careful. Meeting the person is best but be careful. If they have a stack of tickets they are fake. Last year I bought an e ticket for camping that was emailed, and 2 hard tickets from someone I met at the show (we talked the week before through this board). I also bought a hard ticket from a sketchy looking scalper who had a FAT stack of tickets.

The e ticket worked for camping but they didn't scan it (do they ever? Can we all just copypasta camping tix?) the 2 hard tickets from the dude were legit and the one from the sketchy scalper was fake. Luckily I had the NICEST ticket checker ever who let me in =) but be careful about who you buy from. Good luck =)