PDA

View Full Version : no new bands

ejay1
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
ok , let me save all you some headaches. there isnt going to be any replacement to amy. I spoke to someone at golden and its a shame that prince and roger waters used up alot of the budget last year and its showing. I was told that if anything they were trying to get faith no more or soundgarden. so, get ready for what is already there and party hard and stop your whining. peace out!

obzen
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
get ready to die...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
um....didn't they just replace Amy this morning?

hulings
03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
ok , let me save all you some headaches. there isnt going to be any replacement to amy. I spoke to someone at golden and its a shame that prince and roger waters used up alot of the budget last year and its showing. I was told that if anything they were trying to get faith no more or soundgarden. so, get ready for what is already there and party hard and stop your whining. peace out!

You do realize that you posted this after MIA was added this morning, in the very spot Amy was on the lineup?

higgybaby23
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.skinomatic.com/download/0001/00000031/1280x1024/useless.jpg

AlecEiffel
03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
wow, this is all kinds of stupid.

ejay1
03-20-2009, 12:03 PM
i do realize this. M.I.A is replacing she is an add on and a cheap on at that. we needed someone big and we are not getting it and thats that

Gribbz
03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
That IS that.

wstsidela
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
i do realize this. M.I.A is replacing she is an add on and a cheap on at that. we needed someone big and we are not getting it and thats that

Shut up. You suck at music, taste, & timing.

captncrzy
03-20-2009, 12:20 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/2stupid.jpg

Jremy
03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Dearest ejay,
You are so fucking out of touch. I wish i could spit on you... like a lot. Ya know i don't care how many people say they know someone at GV. Even if you do (which you don't) Why the fuck would they tell you what the big surprise add is?!

BTW I know someone at GV and I PROMISE there will be one more big add this year. loljk

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 12:21 PM
soundgarden lulz. Chris Cornell is currently on tour so that would be a fail.

djandrews25
03-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey WALRUS where the fuck have you been man?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
well, this guy was right about The Cure, Paul M and The Killers and Wineheart (lulz) so maybe he is on to something.

Leeartlee
03-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.

Coachella Bound
03-20-2009, 01:28 PM

I don't think I like you...

menikmati
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
no U2 huh?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Best movie ever....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
no U2 huh?

I am secretly still holding out for it. I have been hearing too much murmuring....

obzen
03-20-2009, 02:19 PM
That IS that.

lolZ!

obzen
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey WALRUS where the fuck have you been man?

super lolZ!

obzen
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
well, this guy was right about The Cure, Paul M and The Killers and Wineheart (lulz) so maybe he is on to something.
...really?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-20-2009, 03:07 PM
...really?

look at all his posts.

rage patton
03-21-2009, 04:17 PM

I wish I could believe this.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 04:18 PM
why wouldn't you?

ok, I spoke with someone at golden and the bands that are signed are as followed The Cure, Paul McCartney, The Killers and Amy Wineheart

remember? Just sayin' there is still a chance.

rage patton
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Well he said Winehouse wont be replaced... the day Winehouse was replaced by MIA. He defended his point by saying MIA was cheap and implied they just needed a place holder for this point in time. He also said they wont be spending a lot of money for other acts to be added. FNM would cost a pretty penny.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 04:24 PM
FNM would be loads cheaper then Roger Waters, Paul McCartney, Prince, Madonna and U2. Hopefully Paul T announces something this Tuesday.

rage patton
03-21-2009, 04:26 PM
If he had any more big adds for Saturday, they would have been anounced the same time as MIA.

And are you talking about the radio show Paul T is doing on Tuesday? It would be extremely unconventional for Paul T to anounce an addition on a radio show, no?

obzen
03-21-2009, 04:31 PM
later adds have been made...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 04:34 PM
If he had any more big adds for Saturday, they would have been anounced the same time as MIA.

And are you talking about the radio show Paul T is doing on Tuesday? It would be extremely unconventional for Paul T to anounce an addition on a radio show, no?

why not? he announced the line up in 08 from that mexican radiostation. If its something worthy while to announce why not?

rage patton
03-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I dunno. I just dont wanna get my hopes up.

Billy Gould himself said they won't be ready for shows till the end of May. How could they be expected to be ready a month and a half earlier than expected?

sonnyboy11
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I dunno. I just dont wanna get my hopes up.

Billy Gould himself said they won't be ready for shows till the end of May. How could they be expected to be ready a month and a half earlier than expected?

I'm sure he's right given how long the band has been apart. But throw in enough $$ and any band can magically become "ready to play".

Tool, for example, clearly were not ready with new material when they last played Coachella. That was good for me since they pulled out some older songs, like the Patient, that they stopped playing a short ways into the 10,000 Days tour once they had more of the new songs ready to go.

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I don't see FNM being the only possible addition.

rage patton
03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm sure he's right given how long the band has been apart. But throw in enough $$ and any band can magically become "ready to play".

Tool, for example, clearly were not ready with new material when they last played Coachella. That was good for me since they pulled out some older songs, like the Patient, that they stopped playing a short ways into the 10,000 Days tour once they had more of the new songs ready to go.

But Tool did a small US tour following Coachella.

sonnyboy11
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
But Tool did a small US tour following Coachella.

True enough. It was a tour of small theaters. They had done that before as a sort of 'warm up' before the 'real' tour (arenas) for the album kicked in. The only exception they made to playing these small venues initially to get fully warmed up was Coachella. It was the $. Can't say no. If FNM gets the invite and the right amount of money, they'll be there. I just think Coachella is setting it sights a bit higher for now (U2).

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I thought the U2 rumor was already debunked?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
I thought the U2 rumor was already debunked?

never debunked by anyone here...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Cool little tidbit: Tool was the stand in because Paul T couldn't get The Smiths together in 06.

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:40 PM
never debunked by anyone here...

I thought I read an article that quotes their agent saying they wouldnt be playing any American festivals before May? I could be wrong.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I thought I read an article that quotes their agent saying they wouldnt be playing any American festivals before May? I could be wrong.

the article said that their manager said no festivals for the tour. But the word on the street is that U2's set at Coachella would be a one off and it would not have the stage set up of their current tour. Also, U2 are in the states during the dates of Coachella..for what I have no idea...

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:45 PM
the article said that their manager said no festivals for the tour. But the word on the street is that U2's set at Coachella would be a one off and it would not have the stage set up of their current tour. Also, U2 are in the states during the dates of Coachella..for what I have no idea...

Meh to U2.

Oh well, I was satisfied with the line-up before the chemical brothers were even added.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Meh to U2.

Oh well, I was satisfied with the line-up before the chemical brothers were even added.

I would like to see them while they are still a viable live act. I hear despite the lame music they have been putting out that they just kill it live. I highly don't it will happen. But that's not to say that GV is still trying.

Gribbz
03-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I would like to see them while they are still a viable live act. I hear despite the lame music they have been putting out that they just kill it live. I highly don't it will happen. But that's not to say that GV is still trying.

Yeah, I don't HATE U2. They just don't do much for me.

Although the South Park episode was rather funny.

Bubba hotep
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM

I can vouch for that. I have seen them several times over the years and they always bring it hard. By the way, if you have not listened to their new album yet, I believe it to be their best since Achtung Baby.

Having them at Coachella would be a treat since here in LA you can't see em for less than 300.00 for nose bleeds.

sonnyboy11
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Cool little tidbit: Tool was the stand in because Paul T couldn't get The Smiths together in 06.

That is cool! And it was good for me since I am a far bigger Tool fan than a fan of the Smiths. Seeing Vicarious done live for the first time ever was a nice memory to this day (although it pales to seeing Wings 1&2 done live the first time at Staples Center).

On the subject of U2- I would also say 'meh' except that everyone always seems to say that... and then their tours are completely sold out! So ya know what? Bring em on. I actually owned the Forgettable Fire and thought that was a pretty good record. They're just not my cup o tea for the most part.

Edit- UNforgettable Fire :D

rage patton
03-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I can vouch for that. I have seen them several times over the years and they always bring it hard. By the way, if you have not listened to their new album yet, I believe it to be their best since Achtung Baby.

Having them at Coachella would be a treat since here in LA you can't see em for less than 300.00 for nose bleeds.

Floor tickets for the upcomming tour are $55. The most expensive seats in the house are going to be $90.

obzen
03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
First of all,its understandable for u2's manager to say that theres no festival appearences in the works when their new stage set-up is way too big for the Coachella mainstage-its called the claw it stands 120ft and its going to take 200 trucks to take the pieces of this prop from venue to venue.

As for Faith No More being ready-theyre rehearsing over 40 songs to be ready by May,but for the right amount of money they could easily be ready to play at least a 15 song set.

obzen
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
please wait...

weeklymix
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
please wait...

for... what?!

aguila26
03-22-2009, 06:40 PM

Best quote ever.

SidVicuous
03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
First of all ejay1 is right... he does know someone at GV. He lives here in the desert... like me. And I know him.

And as far as U2 goes... they lost touch after rattle and hum. They have been trying to find themselves musicaly ever since. Even copied their own style, poorly I might add. Now that is the worst plagarism there is!!

Plus they most likely would NEVER do coachella because bono doesn't fart unless he's making a ton of money anymore, and they won't get a ton of money at Coachella.

Only reason they might play is to try and "get hip again". Hey look at us... we're soo cool we played Coachella this yr... See... we still matter. Right??

put on your boots....sexy boots....

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

And this is coming from someone who started going to their shows on the War tour bitches

Boourns
03-24-2009, 11:57 AM

And thank God they didn't play much 10,000 Days stuff. Meh. I really want to hear H. or the Salival version of Pushit live :(

porkappa
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Plus they most likely would NEVER do coachella because bono doesn't fart unless he's making a ton of money anymore, and they won't get a ton of money at Coachella.

I really dont think Coachella has the money for U2 this year

plus theyre not worth it

okay band yes but not that amazing

plus bono is a d bag

however i'd take U2 for a headliner because

Macca >Yeah Yeah Yeahs > The Cure > U2

Anyone besides Jack Johnson > The Killers > Jack Johnson

Leeartlee
03-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Anyone besides Jack Johnson > The Killers > Jack Johnson

This equation just imploded.

oasis4life2002
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
what radio station is Paul T gonna be on Tues? And what time?

obzen
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
:nono

weeklymix
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
what radio station is Paul T gonna be on Tues? And what time?

this is a joke i assume?

boarderwoozel3
03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
this is a joke i assume?

Nope. Paul did an interview on some so-cal radio station earlier today.

weeklymix
03-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Nope. Paul did an interview on some so-cal radio station earlier today.

yes i know but if i'm not mistaken, they appear to be asking the question today (tuesday) as if today is not tuesday. not to mention they're already too late.

that was my point i suppose.