PDA

View Full Version : PLACEBO

ozmusic
03-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Just want to know what the chances are of them getting named! and what do you think of them?

the presets, YYY, silversun pickups, cage the elephant09!!!!!

anonimouse
03-20-2009, 06:46 AM
you know, i love placebo so much but their 2007 set left much to be desired. it seemed like just another show to them, just going through the motions, and i think they really dont like playing america as their last proper tour was around 2003 (no the shitty split bill with she wants revenge does not count)

that and brians live vocal "improvising" gets old really quick. its like he thinks he's a soul sista or something, i dunno. doesnt work for me

damnit placebo, what happened to you? :(

TheCutestBoyAlive
03-22-2009, 01:51 PM
hello? they are awesome, Brian is gold live

Grant
03-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Dude from Muse thinks he's a soul sister.

Harrisment
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I would love to see them get added. I had to buy a ticket to that piece of shit Projekt Revolution tour to see them a few years ago. Placebo has such amazing songs and I really don't understand how they've never really caught on here in the states. If they got added they would be #1 on my list of must sees.

RedThom
03-22-2009, 06:14 PM
they blew their chance

Xenocide
03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
i'd LOVE to see Placebo!!!!

shakermaker113
03-22-2009, 07:36 PM
for no apparent reason, here is one of my favorite performances.

OLGw_O0sCqM

chiapet
03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry to agree that Placebo was lackluster in '07. And it would be too soon to bring them back to Coachella, but maybe they'll tour once the new album is released?

Devin the Dude
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
damnit placebo, what happened to you? :(

brian stopped snorting k.

sleepybrew
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
yeah i have to agree their performance in 07 was mediocre. it favored too much on the side of meds and didnt showcase enough of their other albums. however, i saw them in san fran awhile prior to that and they killed it live. so who knows, maybe festivals arent their thing. still, check them out live if you get a chance, or their sleeping with ghosts dvd is pretty amazing too

mattpach
03-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I've wanted to see them live for a while. I'd watch but I'd hope it would be good.

PC-2 Violence
03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
this is soooo 07'

ozmusic
03-23-2009, 01:22 AM
i dont get why you poeople go to these kinds of things with the same mindset as a music jerno. theres not many live shows that ive been to where i didnt enjoy it! i love live music and the vibe that comes with it......... thats prob why i enjoy myself 99% of the time. if i like a band, no matter what they do on stage ill dig it.

shakermaker113
03-23-2009, 08:04 AM
go to enough concerts and you'll start being a little more critical.

Hempey
03-23-2009, 08:07 AM
They do have new material coming out, and it's pretty good. I'd appreciate the add.

JorgeC
03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
is the new stuff very different with the new lineup? I want to see them at the HOB Anaheim again...def one of their best shows ever, if only for the unique fact that all their gear got held up in customs coming back from Mexico so they had to totally change up the setlist and added in a bunch of covers.

Drewski27
03-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Dude from Muse thinks he's a soul sister.

thats because he was vocally trained to do opera. i love placebo, but muse is better.

Hempey
03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
is the new stuff very different with the new lineup? I want to see them at the HOB Anaheim again...def one of their best shows ever, if only for the unique fact that all their gear got held up in customs coming back from Mexico so they had to totally change up the setlist and added in a bunch of covers.

The first single from battle for the sun is up for free download from their website (http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/). It has a very Placebo sound.

ozmusic
03-23-2009, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=shakermaker113;1101669]go to enough concerts and you'll start being a little more critical.[/QUOTE

well... what a typical comment from someone on this board. go cheer up and stop slashin your wrists. ive been to 4.5years worth of festivals and gigs.. is that enough?
if your starting to dislike shows maybe you need a change up your life abit like go do something els instead of going to gigs and being a sad sally.

chiapet
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Did anyone mention disliking gigs in general? Placebo was not good the last time they played Coachella, which was a mere 2 years ago, and it's not time to bring them back again. Why do people clamor for the same band over and over again? Part of the beautiful thing about festivals is that you (should) get to see a load of different bands each year. If you're most interested seeing Placebo each time they tour, by all means spend your money on a Placebo headline show ticket and don't bother with Coachella. :)

Alchemist559
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I haven't seen Placebo since the Meds tour in 07 at the Fenix Underground in Seattle with Anberlin, and both bands fuckin killed it, Placebo is great live and I wouldn't mind seeing them added. They are doing Festivals everywhere else, they should stop by in the US.

JebusLives
02-21-2010, 07:40 AM
I love Placebo but almost completely forgot that I saw them in 2007. I guess you can say they didn't make an impression. Dull performance, and too much stuff off Meds.

obzen
02-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Without You I'm Nothing.

TomServo
02-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Did anyone mention disliking gigs in general? Placebo was not good the last time they played Coachella, which was a mere 2 years ago, and it's not time to bring them back again. Why do people clamor for the same band over and over again? Part of the beautiful thing about festivals is that you (should) get to see a load of different bands each year. If you're most interested seeing Placebo each time they tour, by all means spend your money on a Placebo headline show ticket and don't bother with Coachella. :)

Heh. Right... that's why folks are looking forward to MGMT, who played in 2008 and whored themselves at every festival in the world, and who many claim they aren't that good live.

I'm a huge Placebo fan, so I'd love to see them at any opportunity... but that has no bearing on the fact that festival fans will gladly see the same acts twice or three times in a YEAR at different festivals. The cross-bleed of lineups is ridiculous, but it definitely doesn't keep people from attending.

daft$tar
02-21-2010, 07:04 PM
i LOVE placebo - but yes - 07 was not great - and the new record is horrible - don't bring them plz

L7slap
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Placebo will be touring south america on coachella week... I think is santiago april 8 / buenos aires 10 / porto alegre april 13 / curitiba april 14 / belo horizonte april 16 / and sao paulo april 17...

donkey sex
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
ever since he stopped looking like a girl I lost interest

TomServo
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
ever since he stopped looking like a girl I lost interest

Inaccurate. Still a girl.

You want something to be interested in - find their uncensored "Protege Moi" video. Yow!

Alchemist559
02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
i LOVE placebo - but yes - 07 was not great - and the new record is horrible - don't bring them plz

That is Crazy talk, To me they were awesome in 07, maybe because I saw them at a small venue. I don't know why everyone is hating on the Meds album, I loved it! and I did not mind hearing alot of the tracks off of it, plus they actually played a good mix of all their older albums as well. The new album is a little meh, but there is still some good tracks.