PDA

View Full Version : Friday tickets??

barfnuts
03-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Why doesn't Ticketmaster offer single tickets for sale for the Friday? Are they sold out or something?

I see 3-day passes available, and single tickets for Saturday and Sunday, but not Friday... so if I wanted to see ONE act out of all 3 days, I would have to pay the full 3-day price?? What gives??

heyeric
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
sold out. probably. unless they are fixing something on the servers?

JorgeC
03-17-2009, 03:08 PM
yup, looks like GV found the golden ticket to not having Friday's be so empty (relative to the other 2 days...), put the best headliner on Friday. Single day sales have been removed from TM.com...I would speculate that Saturday's will be removed within a week or 2 in order to keep attendance somewhat close for all 3 days.

moestring
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I NEED SINGLE DAY TIX
yonderstringathotmaildotcom

heyeric
03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Hopefully the 3 day will be available for another couple weeks.

tlhernan
03-17-2009, 04:14 PM
If you check out the dates on the three day, it only says Sat to Sun.. so its the same price but only for two days... go through the checkout process and youll see what I mean.. therefore NO MORE FRIDAY at all unless you find a scalper I guess...

heyeric
03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
It might say that, but you'll still get that Friday ticket. If you buy a 3 day, your gonna get 3 days. What are you talking about, haha. If that was the case, they would take off the 3 day and just offer single day tickets for Saturday & Sunday. I'm sure we'll see some sort of update about it soon.

tlhernan
03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Im not an idiot. Go through the process.. after you type in the code words and get to the event list to choose from, under 3 day pass it says Sat - Sun! Not sure how they get away with it or IF they even do but its there. Perhaps a type-o but I was not willin to pay for it for two days only.. so Im stuck with Sat only and looking for a Fri ticket now. If you have any intelligent suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it....

heyeric
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I have gone through the process, haha. It's because Friday tickets have been removed from the system. Why would a company charge you $269 + service charges and not honor you a 3-day ticket. There is a certain number of 3day passes alloted out. So even though Friday single day tickets are sold out, you can still get that friday ticket by purchasing a 3day pass. Thus...that's where you usually see lots of the friday single day tickets coming from on craigslist and the boards.

& I never said you were an idiot. I guess your just assuming I was trying to put you down? Alright, we'll leave it at that.

If anything...they would just refund you. I just purchased a 3day for a friend of mine right now.

Egull
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
You can still get all three, I just went through the process, but I don't see Friday. Glad I am going all three but I hope its not sold out because some of my friends don't have their Friday ticket yet!

tlhernan
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Well maybe I am an idiot then.. thats the only reason I did not buy the 3 day because I thought I was getting ripped off and I did not really plan on staying for Sunday... but I really want to go Friday... bummer... I wonder if other people think like me.. pry not... but it totally threw me off and Im sad now that I have to search for a FRI ticket:(

psychic friend
03-18-2009, 11:56 AM
If you check out the dates on the three day, it only says Sat to Sun..

Can someone please tell me/show me where the 3 day pass only shows two dates because I can't find it. I would like to have it fixed.

Our website has a tickets page.. If you click on "BUY NOW" and then select the 3 day pass option it clearly says "Fri, Apr 17, 2009 - Sun, Apr 19, 2009"

It also says "THIS IS FOR A 3 DAY GENERAL ADMISSION PASS TO COACHELLA"

So I don't know why people are confused.

DRcube
03-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Can someone please tell me/show me where the 3 day pass only shows two dates because I can't find it. I would like to have it fixed.

Our website has a tickets page.. If you click on "BUY NOW" and then select the 3 day pass option it clearly says "Fri, Apr 17, 2009 - Sun, Apr 19, 2009"

Are Friday single day tickets really sold out?

vopka
03-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Not to add to the mass hysteria around Friday tickets... but has there been any confirmation from GV that Friday is sold out?

I only ask because I purchased my Friday ticket a while ago successfully... but Ticketmaster won't let me even PRINT my Friday ticket.

Saturday/Camping pass printed just fine..

paulct
03-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Ticketmaster says there are thousands left for each day

Egull
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Ticketmaster says there are thousands left for each day

where?

heyeric
03-18-2009, 01:47 PM

I don't understand the confusion either. But...after you insert ticketmasters "captcha" phrase to take you to the final checkout it does say SAT-SUN under the event. It still shows that you are purchasing the 3 day pass. Was it like this before...? Hope that helps with what we were discussing PF.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4495/picture1tbg.png

psychic friend
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
ok THANK YOU - we can get them to fix that page now. Looks like a typo. the other pages all say

"Fri, Apr 17, 2009 - Sun, Apr 19, 2009"

And that page also says "Type" "3-day pass"

paulct
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
where?

on the phone

Egull
03-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Cool, thanks I will let me friend know!

vopka
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Just spoke with Ticketmaster.

Friday is "sold-out" based on the reservations for the potential 3-day-passes. He told me if the 3-day passes aren't selling, they will most likely "re-open" the Friday single-day pass option.

Egull
03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
on the phone

Not true, but thanks for the false hope!

moestring
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
you have friday tix?? email me
yonderstringathotmaildotcom

rustle35
03-24-2009, 09:09 AM
I have a bigger theory

Friday's headliner being Paul McCartney to me is a little random, but anyone who knows the Coachella Valley understands that it is filled with thousands of snowbird winter residents who are mostly baby boomer age ( The Beatles era). This could be the reason for the surge in tickets for the day.

pnrteach
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I NEED ONE FRIDAY TICKET PLEASE, ANYONE?
E-mail me at

prabun@lbusd.org

THANK YOU!!!!!