JustSteve
03-14-2009, 01:03 PM
or you are just too poor.

sonofhal
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
or your English could suck balls.

OnlyNonStranger
03-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Not really, they could be way more so. Just think about it, a three day pass is $270. Now over the course of the weekend I will probably see at least 40 bands that I would pay at least 20 bucks for their show. Bam, that's 800 bucks right there. So you're saving at least $500 coming to Coachella and not seeing the bands just one on one.

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2009, 01:21 PM
^
Exactly. Even considering that many sets are slightly shorter than they would be playing their own show, let's look at the top of Friday as an example:

Macca $70-170
Moz $50
Cohen $80-160
Franz $45

That's the going rate for tickets--after fees--for those acts' individual shows. And you can see all of them in one day, in the best setting for music I know of, for about $100. That sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.

pocket
03-14-2009, 01:28 PM
^
Exactly. Even considering that many sets are slightly shorter than they would be playing their own show, let's look at the top of Friday as an example:

Macca $70-170
Moz $50
Cohen $80-160
Franz $45

That's the going rate for tickets--after fees--for those acts' individual shows. And you can see all of them in one day, in the best setting for music I know of, for about $100. That sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.

not slightly shorter a lot shorter. considering most bands that headline a show do around an hour and a half and most bands play like 45 minutes.

also the best setting for music... really, with all the sound bleed and dust this is no way the best setting, and you are in seattle the gorge is a lot better setting....

and to the original poster yeah it is kind of expensive especially when most of the other festivals in the US are cheaper.

bonnaroo is an extra day with 24 hours of music and is cheaper, and sasquatch if you got the early tickets was $100 cheaper...

Sleepingrock
03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
If you wanna fuck me, I have a fairly cheap price.....
1$ to look at it
2$ to touch it
3$ to watch me touch it
5$ to touch it while I touch my toes
6$ to touch it while I touch your toes
10$ for a BJ
12$ for a HJ
15$ for a ZJ

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2009, 02:03 PM
not slightly shorter a lot shorter. considering most bands that headline a show do around an hour and a half and most bands play like 45 minutes.

also the best setting for music... really, with all the sound bleed and dust this is no way the best setting, and you are in seattle the gorge is a lot better setting....

and to the original poster yeah it is kind of expensive especially when most of the other festivals in the US are cheaper.

bonnaroo is an extra day with 24 hours of music and is cheaper, and sasquatch if you got the early tickets was $100 cheaper...

Whatever, dissecting the semantics is fine and all but my point stands, Coachella is a great value. Coachella is more expensive because of the Sahara tent, no other US festival offers the diversity and depth that Coachella does, that's my theory anyway. And while great, I've always thought the Gorge is overrated.

zajaa
03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
plus coachella is widely hailed as being the premier music festival in the us.

clumsy342
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Seriously! Fuck Prince!

sbessiso
03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
If you wanna fuck me, I have a fairly cheap price.....
1$ to look at it
2$ to touch it
3$ to watch me touch it
5$ to touch it while I touch my toes
6$ to touch it while I touch your toes
10$ for a BJ
12$ for a HJ
15$ for a ZJ

too young

SoulDischarge
03-14-2009, 02:36 PM
At a music festival, you can get front row for the same price as a spot at the back of the show. That adds huge amounts of value for your ticket price.

Sleepingrock
03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
too young

Haha, I see you have a different Flowers picture...Salah :laughyou
I'm not too young to make some cash

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Haha, I see you have a different Flowers picture...Salah :laughyou
I'm not too young to make some cash

Never too young to make some cash. See: Thailand.

SoulDischarge
03-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Never too gender ambiguous either.

Ardentbiscuit
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
If you love music no price is too high...

SoulDischarge
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
If you love music no price is too high...

This is true. I once carried out a government contract to slaughter a village filled with innocent women and children in a small developing country in order to get the money for Coachella expenses. I still hear their tortured screams in my sleep every night, but I'd say it was worth it.

pocket
03-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Whatever, dissecting the semantics is fine and all but my point stands, Coachella is a great value. Coachella is more expensive because of the Sahara tent, no other US festival offers the diversity and depth that Coachella does, that's my theory anyway. And while great, I've always thought the Gorge is overrated.

sorry if i sound like a dick but when you said slightly shorter and its half to more than half of what a band would normally play its not really slightly...

also the sahara tent makes the festival more expensive than bonnaroo that is a 24 hour festival and 4 days?

i dont buy that at all.

and i think bonnaroo does a pretty good job with diversity and depth including comedy which is no where at coachella , bands getting longer sets, plus there are some of the sahara type bands as well.

not saying i dont enjoy coachella or think it sucks but for the price of the ticket there are better festivals to check out.

Petrichor
03-14-2009, 05:31 PM
"ZJ"??

DFrank
03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
"ZJ"??

Zip Job. Obvi.